As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Quick Halloween Costume Question

MelinoeMelinoe Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
How much toilet paper does it take to make a toilet paper mummy costume for an average sized adult? Need to know for science D:

Melinoe on

• ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2010
    What kind of coverage are we talking here?

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'd say nothing more than 2 or 3 rolls.

e: But like ceres said, it depends on coverage.

urahonky on
  • MelinoeMelinoe Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Preferably head to ankles (feet means I'd probably have to continuously re-apply while walking and that'd be a pain). But two or three sounds about right, thanks!

Melinoe on
  • FagatronFagatron Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So it turns out toilet paper is a horrible medium for mummy wraps. Started ripping before we'd even finished applying it, so at the last minute I wrapped myself up like this and started referring to myself as Edwin and it worked alright; though in the 45 minutes we were hanging out with people I did my best to stay in character and my girlfriend (Melinoe) said that she was getting creeped out and she had no idea how the Twilight fangirls were able to find that appealing...

I'm thinking it'd probably work better at a costume party though, more time to set it up, when you're just walking around the streets for a little while not too many people get the reference no matter how hard your clumsy brunette is hanging off you or how much you make smoldering eyes.

Friend is thinking about planning a costume party because he wants to wear this again before next Halloween, and I am thinking about doing it again, with better bandages, and possibly subjecting myself to at least the first movie so I can at least get a little bit more of the dialogue right.

Fagatron on
    edited November 2010
    I guess what I am saying is does anyone know of a cheap/authentic/durable mummy wrap material?

Fagatron on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Crepe paper? Maybe in white?

RoyceSraphim on
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking something actual cloth. Crepe paper would probably rip almost as bad as the toilet paper.

Fagatron on
  • ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Oh for the love of... that will teach me to read.

I'll fix it.

edit: It may take a little bit, but I'll see about reversing the ban.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn