As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I literally learned how to post a thread for this goddamn site...

admhopkinsadmhopkins Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Social Entropy++

As it states above, I literally learned how to post a thread tonight for this site (and am also fairly certain I completely fucked-up that whole coding of italics).

I am drunk. No. That is an understatement. I am belligerent. I am that wonderful drunk that only few people can find after drinking the same things for years and pushing those usual eight drinks to the wonderful twelve-mark.

Therefore, despite my coding and/or spelling errors (which I will assume have and will continue to appear) I am also in that lovely state of inebriation that I don't care anymore. And also, I'm awesome. That's how it feels, you sober pussies.

I've completely forgotten what I was writing about, but have in no way limited my vehemence concerning the subject. Fuck.

Alright...

Whether or not this follows a numerical order or has any semblance of sanity.

1) I love Tycho's passion for words. That doesn't exist anymore.
I mean... yeah, sure. We hear people chatter about how they love the language, and they sign up for an elective and they jerk off to it... but people rarely give a fuck. I can only think of one other character in a medium who actually exemplifies (and through their character creates a romanticization of) a love of the English language. Henry "Hank" Moody from "Californications" has the dialogue to lead toward it... but it's fairly weak. And it appears only a few times. It's painfully obvious that they're in the middle of creating a 'quirk' for the character and it hurt my soul a little bit.

I love the English language. I'm more than slightly aware that my spelling, grammar, and punctuation will be askew in this tirade (diatribe?) of mine. I will still scream tonight in my drunken stupor (without the crutch of 'caps lock') that I love the English language, and love Tycho's writing. (I know he's a character, and have been debating how I refer to him this entire time, but have decided that it would be better for the writing, and the world of PA, that I refer to him as a sentient source. (Alliteration intentional, with the downside of giving up clarity.)).

2) I am not a 'gamer.' The title still sounds funny to me. I played NES. I fell in love with Zelda (the character, not the game. But the game as well, honestly.). I jumped on a trampoline as a child and pretended that there were pieces of a destroyed mechanical man imbuing me with his power (MegaMan... duh.). I made the terrible mistake at age twelve and chose the Sega Genesis. My only haven was Shining Force (III was purchased at a garage sale. IV was rented -- too poor to buy another game.) I believe there is actually a three-panel-comic concerning Gabe's frustrations with Sega. I lusted after my friends, with Final Fantasy III, and Secret of Mana. Even now, at the age of 25, the word 'Squaresoft' makes me look up. I finally was able to play Final Fantasy VII (three years after its release) and enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed Enders Game, The House of Leaves, and Til We Have Faces. (Albiet the mythological interpretation and deftness of prose was much less. Esp. con. TWHF). I recently pulled an XBOX 360 out of storage and played the original Bioshock. I was enthralled, and terrified. It was so much to take in. I no longer have the dexterity to handle these games. But I enjoy them. And I also bless and praise the people who can imbibe beyond my ability to engross.

3) I am a bartender. I make a living on reading people, smiling, and acclimating (terribly) quickly to social circumstances. My hands hurt. I bar-tend a lot. I'm recently (seven months ago) out of a relationship. I have sex with strangers on a regular basis. I meet them, I say hello, and then we go home and fuck. I don't call them. The things that I have been told are the staple of masculinity are in reality a terrible, miserable way to live. I have left my shy, analytical, game-playing thoughtfulness for a self-loathing, analytical, sporadic, and insatiable lover of the sensuous. Not sensual in the way of sex, or food... but an ever-growing lust for more of everything. It has left me very tired (emotionally). Perhaps I am putting a darker spin on my life right now due to the time, and my lonliness... oh well, it will all be sorted out some day. I hope this doesn't sound like me swinging my dick in concentric circles in front of people. I merely want to comment on what I perceive as this notion from gamer-culture and perceptions of gamers that sex is unreachable, relationships are unattainable, or that settling down in the comforts of a solid relationship are a weaker move in life (honestly, that also applies to the bulk of humanity... but for some reason I feel is highlighted in gamer culture). All three of the latter stated are lies. I'm glad your publication puts a slight emphasis on your relationships. People need to hear that, especially in the face of all the terrible media teaching us to re-conform our lives to something we never knew of but apparently desperately need. That was the whole point of this multi-jointed-abortion of a paragraph.

The sun is coming up. That means its time for a cigarette and (hopefully) sleep... this may never be read by either Tycho or Gabe, and that's fine by me. But in a terribly non-direct way, this is my thanks to both of you.

Please have a wonderful day, and continue what you do. Also, I just intentionally stopped myself from re-reading whatever shit it was I wrote. Enjoy (or don't) world.

admhopkins on

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    well it's nice to meet you, Adam.

drink some water before you go to sleep ok?

#pipe on
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    And have a bucket/bowl near the bedside when you go to sleep. Or wherever you nod off.

Liiya on
  • Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    1. Hello, Adam, I am a bartender too.

2. Stop fucking strangers; the candy-van is not your friend.

3. Don't forget your aspirin with the water.

Darth Waiter on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    Is posting a thread a difficult thing to learn?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Synthetic OrangeSynthetic Orange Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey, wonderful start to your posting here.

Synthetic Orange on
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

where's that comic edit of tycho throwing the new topic button

#pipe on
    edited October 2010
    I have about three thorns stuck in my fingers and they are sore from cupress, at work.

I understand the hand pain, its rubbish.

Liiya on
    edited October 2010

I expect great things from this lad; he's eloquent, belligerent, surly, jaded and more than a little self-loathing.

It's like looking into a mirror.

Darth Waiter on
  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Don't forget to eat something good when you wake up.

PixelMonkey on
  • 2 Marcus 2 Ravens2 Marcus 2 Ravens CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    #pipe wrote: »

where's that comic edit of tycho throwing the new topic button

That was a fun thread.

2 Marcus 2 Ravens on
    edited October 2010
    I posit that this thread should now be about the hangover food Adam should have upon his awakening.

My favorite is sausage, biscuits and gravy with a gigantic pot of coffee.

And don't skimp on the Bailey's with that coffee, missy; Daddy needs his morning buzz.

Darth Waiter on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010
    I won't lie. It took me a couple hours to figure out how to get an avatar. I didn't understand the whole concept of hosting an image back then.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    admhopkins, just so you know, this community frowns on introduction threads where you introduce yourself in your first post

we also frown on people making dicks of themselves by drunkenly posting

and we also frown on bartenders; unless they're anything like Moe, they're boring and uninteresting

regardless, welcome to the forums, hope you enjoy your time here :]

Sweeney Tom on
    edited October 2010
    I posit that this thread should now be about the hangover food Adam should have upon his awakening.

My favorite is sausage, biscuits and gravy with a gigantic pot of coffee.

And don't skimp on the Bailey's with that coffee, missy; Daddy needs his morning buzz.

My hangover meal used to always be the all you can eat buffet at a Pizza Hut restaurant.

but they don't exist anymore :(

#pipe on
    edited October 2010
    and we also frown on bartenders; unless they're anything like Moe, they're boring and uninteresting.

I will cut you three ways: long, slow, deep and often.

#pipe edit: Sunday morning Chinese buffet is another good one; and by morning, I mean whenever the hell I wake up.

Darth Waiter on
    edited October 2010
    admhopkins, just so you know, this community frowns on introduction threads where you introduce yourself in your first post

and we also frown on bartenders; unless they're anything like Moe, they're boring and uninteresting

there's no way we frown that much

#pipe on
  • VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    So is this a hi I'm new thread or a I'm so drunk right now thread?

VisionOfClarity on
    edited October 2010

you're right, that's more of a D&D thing

my bad

wait then what does SE++ do as a community, besides make lots of dick jokes

Sweeney Tom on
    edited October 2010

I think its both!

I am always thrilled when I don't get ID'd in a bar. I'm not sure the novelty will ever wear off.

Liiya on
  • FerrusFerrus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

I expect great things from this lad; he's eloquent, belligerent, surly, jaded and more than a little self-loathing.

It's like looking into a mirror.

We like our forumers like we do our caipirinhas - Bitter and incredibly fucked up.

Ferrus on
    I would like to pause for a moment, to talk about my penis.
    My penis is like a toddler. A toddler—who is a perfectly normal size for his age—on a long road trip to what he thinks is Disney World. My penis is excited because he hasn’t been to Disney World in a long, long time, but remembers a time when he used to go every day. So now the penis toddler is constantly fidgeting, whining “Are we there yet? Are we there yet? How about now? Now? How about... now?”
    And Disney World is nowhere in sight.
    edited October 2010
    I don't generally get hangovers but when I do, I usually wait a few hours to eat then go straight to lunch food.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2010

my face is lodged in a permanent downturned rictus.

tynic on
  • Sir Red of the MantiSir Red of the Manti Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Conveniently both.

Sir Red of the Manti on
  • UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    also a my life sucks thread as well as a love everything thread

this forum hasn't seen a post like that in ages

still sucks though

Ulises on
  • admhopkinsadmhopkins Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    nice to meet you, as well.

admhopkins on
    edited October 2010

both

Sweeney Tom on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    VoC, it's a 'Gabe and Tycho don't read the forums' thread

Sheri on
  • LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i learned how to type on a keyboard to write this post

Langly on
    edited October 2010
    fuck... how do i personally reply...

admhopkins on
    edited October 2010

Yes to both and I think it's a fantastic effort to dance dangerously close to what few lines of rules and regulations we have here at SE++.

My fist is in the air for you, Adam; fight the power and damn the man.

Darth Waiter on
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    admhopkins wrote: »

Quote button. Bottom right of each post.

Sheri on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    1) I own a bucket

2) I am moving house.

3) I am an engineer.

Did I do this right?

Blake T on
    edited October 2010
    This thread is everything.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • UlisesUlises Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    there's a small quote button on the bottom right of each post

Ulises on
    edited October 2010
    fuck it... goodnight, everyone. that whole 'frowning on' response was retarded.

admhopkins on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    and we also frown on bartenders; unless they're anything like Moe, they're boring and uninteresting.

I will cut you three ways: long, slow, deep and often.

#pipe edit: Sunday morning Chinese buffet is another good one; and by morning, I mean whenever the hell I wake up.

That's four ways.

Also, I wish my introduction post had been this nice. I was just all, "Hi, I'm new lolz" and then I got told to die, get fucked, etc., and was called everything from a faggot to a stupid bastard. :rotate:

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
    edited October 2010

hit the Quote thing when you see a post you want to personally reply to

Sweeney Tom on
    edited October 2010

In the bottom right hand corner of each person's answer there is a little button marked "quote". Click that and it will add their quote into your reply.

Liiya on
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    oh_nooooo.jpg

Hi.

mensch-o-matic on
    edited October 2010

you're right, that's more of a D&D thing

my bad

wait then what does SE++ do as a community, besides make lots of dick jokes

little!

#pipe on