As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I shot the [chat]

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The sandwich I got from that random NY deli place at PAX was basically orgasmic.

I had to split eating it into two sittings because it was just too much raw flavor.

Was that when we went to lunch on what Saturday? Because that was Jimmy Johns.

No, this was a place that I randomly swung by with VH and Corb while people were off elsewhere. The Jimmy Johns was a solid sandwich but nothing too crazy. The speed at which they made the sandwich was crazy though.

Inquisitor on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Well, did you at least get anything cool out of it. For me, my college sent out an e-mail that this place was looking for interns and to submit resumes, then they called all of us up to invite us to an open house and that they'd have free pizza. I also ended up getting a water bottle, a really crappy towel, and a lunch box. It was pretty bizarre. If it helps, "Chief" volunteered to take part in their demos and asked questions during the main thing and I don't think he got an offer, so I certainly wouldn't count yourself out.
    I got a pencil. They had a lot of greasy food and beer, but I didn't dare take anything, because I feared I'd get a stain on my shirt and I didn't want to give them the image of me holding a beer bottle at what was basically a Free Range Interview Fest. :P

Thanks.

Aldo on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    man

ever since i started eating bread again i've had terrible acid reflux

ugh

my chest is aching and killing me

This is me when I eat bread

I take some generic Zantac everyday which fixes it right up

But yeah bread fucks up my stomach for some reason

Nocturne on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Okay, I think I have more or less settled on the idea. But the actual implementation isn't coming. Bleh.

Captain Carrot on
  • weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Podly wrote: »
    I see this ad like errday on the subway

snip

meet me at the ice cream truck

i buy you an ice cream

That sounds like something you would hear a pedo say, while wearing a bear costume at the park, giving out free hugs to kids.

weather man bob on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kilroy wrote: »
    Subway and Quiznos are both p terrible.

Subway's bread sucks and Quiznos puts way too much meat on.

I've never had good Quiznos. The bread is always worse than Subway (though Subway bread isn't exactly ideal either), it's either jerk-off-a-bite chewy or so dry as to be crumbling away. The meat is primarily salt flavored, with an aftertaste of whatever animal it initially came from, the cheese always ends up a lake of oily grease, even when you don't get it toasted (which you have to wrestle with the counter monkey to do). All of their sauces are either mayo or oil based, and boy do they get slimy. In all cases the veg had been cut and set out at least a day ago and tasted like it. Subway may not be premium quality, but at least it's fresh sub-premium quality.

Passerbye on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    man, when i wasn't working this weekend i was capering about with Halloween shenanigans

sooo tired. but sooo fun. halloween in this town is basically the best, sorry every other city

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I worked at Jimmy John's once

30 seconds, that's what you get to make a sandwich

when I was let go and went to pick up my check my manager threatened to call the cops on me :?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited November 2010
    Wow, bread is like, my go to when I want something specifically to not upset my stomach.

Inquisitor on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Honk wrote: »
    I just heard Michael Steele making sort of sense on BBC radio...

This isn't possible. May I suggest immediate psych help?

You may. :?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hate naming things. I gave it a dumb name.

Sarksus on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Galahad wrote: »
    There's a sub-sandwich-type place that's been popping up around here recently-ish. Lenny's.

Its pretty much where I go if I want a sandwich now.

Hmm, I think I've been to one of those, I think they do discounted cheese steaks on like, Tuesday and Friday. Cheese was pretty good if I remember right, roll was decent to but nothing special. I keep trying to get myself to go back to Jimmy John's, the bread there is fantastic but everything else about the sandwich I got was super bland.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    pods your synth line in the song reminds me of jack wall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV4P7fPt1jU

MikeMan on
    edited November 2010
    Man, its like, hyperbole o'clock in regard to sandwiches or something. :P

Subway and Quiznos bread seems pretty interchangeable to me personally.

Inquisitor on
  • weather man bobweather man bob El Heffer Assholeville USARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

You can take some off, you know they don't mind.

But if I do that, the sandwich isn't satisfying because they don't put enough non-meat stuff on.

They don't mind if you ask for extra tomatoes, blue cheese, parmasean chips, lettuce, and gucamole, and then still take a lil meat off, or hell, ask them for less meat and more other stuff, you can kind of get something the way you want when you are paying for it.

weather man bob on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »

I've never had good Quiznos. The bread is always worse than Subway (though Subway bread isn't exactly ideal either), it's either jerk-off-a-bite chewy or so dry as to be crumbling away. The meat is primarily salt flavored, with an aftertaste of whatever animal it initially came from, the cheese always ends up a lake of oily grease, even when you don't get it toasted (which you have to wrestle with the counter monkey to do). All of their sauces are either mayo or oil based, and boy do they get slimy. In all cases the veg had been cut and set out at least a day ago and tasted like it. Subway may not be premium quality, but at least it's fresh sub-premium quality.

You basically describe all the subways around here other than the toasted part.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

snip

i buy you an ice cream

That sounds like something you would hear a pedo say, while wearing a bear costume at the park, giving out free hugs to kids.

Warning: contains bare ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w02QxQZGQc&ob=av2e

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Galahad wrote: »
    There's a sub-sandwich-type place that's been popping up around here recently-ish. Lenny's.

Its pretty much where I go if I want a sandwich now.

Hmm, I think I've been to one of those, I think they do discounted cheese steaks on like, Tuesday and Friday. Cheese was pretty good if I remember right, roll was decent to but nothing special. I keep trying to get myself to go back to Jimmy John's, the bread there is fantastic but everything else about the sandwich I got was super bland.

Jimmy John's has memorable commercials if nothing else. Never eaten there.

Galahad on
  • PasserbyePasserbye I am much older than you. in Beach CityRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Subway in texas sucks

Well, yes.

It's Texas.
    The sandwich I got from that random NY deli place at PAX was basically orgasmic.

I had to split eating it into two sittings because it was just too much raw flavor.

Yeah, the NY deli place is pretty damn good. Jimmy John's is good too.

Passerbye on
    edited November 2010

snip

i buy you an ice cream

Warning: contains bare ass:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w02QxQZGQc&ob=av2e

That is sooo gay.
    lulz, I couldn't stop laughing.

weather man bob on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    is that a good thing, mike?

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited November 2010
    That singer is just too adorable. I mean, he's trying to be all like, tough, or whatever. But his voice and his little facial mannerisms and stuff betray that he's not and its just like dawwww.

Inquisitor on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow those guys look like Ken dolls.

Sarksus on
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I hate naming things. I gave it a dumb name.

The Rain is Blue and Smells of Frogs.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    is that a good thing, mike?
    oh my god yes i love jack wall

MikeMan on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There's a Jersey Mike's here that makes a pretty tasty philly cheesesteak

The Big Kahuna one with jalapenos and mushrooms and whatnot

Nocturne on
  • Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I recently went to a burlesque show which featured a tremendously homoerotic performance set to Ice Cream
    Truck.

It was awesome.

Evil Multifarious on
    edited November 2010
    Passerbye wrote: »
    Subway in texas sucks

Well, yes.

It's Texas.
    Yea, just look at the Rangers, shiting in the series after taking out the Yankees, and look at the cowboys.

:cry::cry::cry: goddamn cowboys

weather man bob on
    edited November 2010
    Its not the Rangers fault, okay it is. But San Fran does have pretty much the best pitching in the league. Sadly most don't know it outside of the NL West because we aren't the cool division with all the East Coast teams.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited November 2010
    Wow, bread is like, my go to when I want something specifically to not upset my stomach.

Same here.
    You basically describe all the subways around here other than the toasted part.

Maybe I've just been lucky.

That said, I will never eat at a Quiznos.

Passerbye on
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Wow those guys look like Ken dolls.

Pffft Ken was never that hot.

Inquisitor on
  • PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ok cool

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
    edited November 2010
    Quizzy I am bored and kind of want to play sc2. Will you do sc2 with me?

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited November 2010
    This chat is moving way too fast, I got a headache, I am out of here, laters ppl!

weather man bob on
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Subway wins by default, since they have the Veggie Patty.

TL DR on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    one of my neighbors has a wireless network named

ALL ANGELS DIE

Organichu on
    edited November 2010
    Oh I have a question though before I leave, who plays Fifa 11, if you do, then PM me and lets play!

weather man bob on
    edited November 2010
    Quizzy I am bored and kind of want to play sc2. Will you do sc2 with me?

I'm kinda brain dead right now, need to get some stuff mailed out and take a shower, so I think I'm gonna pass. Sorry!

Inquisitor on
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    There's a Jersey Mike's here that makes a pretty tasty philly cheesesteak

The Big Kahuna one with jalapenos and mushrooms and whatnot

uh

that is not a philly cheesesteak

you sumbitch

Organichu on
    edited November 2010
    all this subtalk reminds me that I should probably eat today

Podly on
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.