Options

Sometimes Books Are Turned Into Things that Move...

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the premiere of human target was pretty bad from changing the score, to adding a comic foil in the thief, to completely changing winston and guerrero's relationship

but the action was still good

so I am torn

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I see the chick thief as nothing more than appeasing the TV execs for more diversity, like when Veronica Mars had to add Tessa Thompson to the cast. The new head financing chick isn't that intrusive, just kind of offering a reset for this season.

I could accept the Winston/Guerrero change only because they did a 6 months later flash forward, plus he helped save Winston's life without a second thought, dude.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It just doesn't feel at all like the show I watched last year

I am watching an episode of season 1 right now

it is like two different shows

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    143999 wrote: »
    Wishpig wrote: »
    Sinestro pisses me off. You would think those big headed little blue guys would be smart enough to say, "hey... he looks pretty evil... like cliche' 30's villain evil. Plus his name starts with sin."

I guess none of them read comic books.

No, see, it's brilliant. Sinestro pickes visual and audio queues that reveal him as evil only to people from Earth! So long as they're all stuck on a backwater planet on the edge of the Mikly Way, he can never be outed as being a villian until it's too late!

And even now, those same cues - when used outside of actual villainy - will bring to mind more of a Snape-ish antihero than an actual bad guy. Everyone will expect him to give Dumbledore a mercy killing and help save the day somehow, and then BAM! Sinestro's bringing sexy back, twirling the mustache, tying the blues to railroad tracks, the works. Old school.

Why would aliens be aware of earth-based villain cliches

Furu on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Young Justice Preview

Looking really good.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That is some beuatiful animation, tho DC's animation is always top notch, can't wait to see that.

WiseManTobes on
    Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, Human Target was clearly a retooling episode. We'll have to see next week how much of an impact it really has, but there was clearly a lot of studio "input".

Tomanta on
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Re: Green Lantern Trailer

It's ok. Not as low as meh but nowhere near good.

Dritz on
    There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    Sinestro pisses me off. You would think those big headed little blue guys would be smart enough to say, "hey... he looks pretty evil... like cliche' 30's villain evil. Plus his name starts with sin."

No, see, it's brilliant. Sinestro pickes visual and audio queues that reveal him as evil only to people from Earth! So long as they're all stuck on a backwater planet on the edge of the Mikly Way, he can never be outed as being a villian until it's too late!

And even now, those same cues - when used outside of actual villainy - will bring to mind more of a Snape-ish antihero than an actual bad guy. Everyone will expect him to give Dumbledore a mercy killing and help save the day somehow, and then BAM! Sinestro's bringing sexy back, twirling the mustache, tying the blues to railroad tracks, the works. Old school.

Do you honestly expect us to believe there's a part of this universe untouched by Potter-mania?

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Because if DC and Marvel taught us anything... it's that villain cliches are universal. They transcend space and time.

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    GankGank Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The season premiere of Human Target, good stuff dude. Looks like they got a little bit bigger budget this year too.

Glad to see it back, much better than what No Ordinary Family has turned into.

Craaaaap, somehow I had gotten it into my head that it's been cancelled after like 8 episodes and then didn't check up on it! At least I got a whole season of good watching ahead of me.

Gank on
    galactussig-1.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You don't get rid of Bear McCreary on music. On that note everyone should buy the soundtrack
    http://www.lalalandrecords.com/HumanTarget.html

Whoa, hey its Helo. Hi Helo!

Bloods End on
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dennis Leary's cast as Cpt. Stacey in the (superfluous) new Spider-Man movie.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Trailer for the Thanksgiving Avengers: EMH hour event, Gammaworld

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upePEMIY5lM

Furu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hawkeye always has to save everyone else.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    MastaPMastaP Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Trailer for the Thanksgiving Avengers: EMH hour event, Gammaworld

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upePEMIY5lM

That looks awesome, my favorite bits so far have been Hulk and Leader, so this looks right up my alley

MastaP on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Awesome to see the hulk back. I was wonder where the tease at the end of last episode was going. :D

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I wish Iron Man being all egotistical and immeditately being screwed over for it or punching the wrong thing would slow for an ep or 2.

Stoked for Gamma world tho.

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I wish wasp/ant man would be able to have a conversation with someone without Thor/Iron Man taking the opportunity to try and cheap shot whoever they're talking to.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thor Hulk and Hawkeye teaming up to kick ass? All right!

Solar on
  • Options
    WishpigWishpig Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I wish Iron Man being all egotistical and immeditately being screwed over for it or punching the wrong thing would slow for an ep or 2.

Stoked for Gamma world tho.

Well, I think there setting it up so that Capt will replace him as leader. But I do think they're making him appear to be a dick a bit to much. Ya he can be an ass, but he's also a good guy... he needs a few wins dammit!

Black Panther was awesome in the last episode though! Love that guy!

Wishpig on
    WARNING: Picture below may cause spontaneous growth of facial hair and/or body hair.
    622545-8-1261525714230.jpg

Image by Sharpwriter on deviantart.com
  • Options
    NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Isn't there going to be a one hour Young Justice special on Cartoon Network that same night? This Thanksgiving weekend is looking awesome!

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/index.html?episodeID=8a250ab02c325aa5012c4256c89401c0

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Being in Canada, I can't see what that is. But if it's only the trailer, you might be interested in...

NEW CLIP!

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    Magna InfernoMagna Inferno Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    works for me and im in canada?

Magna Inferno on
    ultimates-1.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man oh man. On Batman and the Brave and the Bold showing the team of Dick and Damian showed screens of the villains they encountered.

It was the club of villains, Professor Pyg, The Flamingo, and Mr. Toad

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bloods End wrote: »
    Man oh man. On Batman and the Brave and the Bold showing the team of Dick and Damian showed screens of the villains they encountered.

It was the club of villains, Professor Pyg, The Flamingo, and Mr. Toad

Wait, wait wait, what? Damian is in Brave and the Bold now?

pre-emptive /gleesqueal

WiseManTobes on
  • Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    damn. Damian is gonna out-Dick Dick at this point.

Linespider5 on
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

:winky:

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

I was talking about what human audiences seeing a human movie on Earth would (/will) expect from a character who initially displays those traits.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

It was a pretty good episode, but Damian was very much "in-name-only". Son of Bruce and Selina Kyle (instead of Talia), grew up being trained by Bruce (instead of the League of Assassins) and, disappointedly, being a kind of timid, unsure and reluctant type instead of a haughty asshole.

It was cool glimpsing the Morrison rogues at the end though. A lot of them have staying power, I think.

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Next week's Brave and the Bold is the original JLI line-up (with Jaime subbing for Ted) versus Darkseid

Furu on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Soooo... First pic of Karl Urban as Judge Dredd

FIRSTLOOKdredd-550x335.jpg

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    His gear looks chunky and brutal, just like how it should be, and Karl fills out the suit well. Dredd is always a scary guy, and he look scary. Like the gun as well. This could be pretty good.

Solar on
  • Options
    Disco11Disco11 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Quote from the director.

"Urban will not be seen in the film as Dredd will not take his mask off. He felt this was very important to the character to make him an enigma and a symbol of “faceless justice.”

Disco11 on
    PSN: Canadian_llama
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Disco11 wrote: »
    Quote from the director.

"Urban will not be seen in the film as Dredd will not take his mask off. He felt this was very important to the character to make him an enigma and a symbol of “faceless justice.”

yessssssss

Solar on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    His head looks very tiny in that helmet

Green on
  • Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Urban isn't bad but he doesn't have a manly enough chin for Dredd.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    New Young Justice Preview

Speedy's voice through me for a loop, but I suppose he should be voiced by an older actor since the character himself feels like he's too old to be playing the part of sidekick.

Batman also sounds oddly anemic. It's the same guy who voiced him in Red Hood, though, so maybe his delivery was just off for that line.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "I see Flash and Flash Jr!"

"His name's Speedy"

"No, Speedy's Green Arrow's sidekick."

"Well that makes no sense"

That's good stuff right there. And I guess Superman is #1 (of course) and Wonder Woman is #3. Red Tornado must be bummed though.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think the numbers just indicate seniority, not rank.

Robos A Go Go on