As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How Soon Is [chat]?

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    couldn't sarks self-publish on amazon?

because that would be funny, and I'd probably buy it

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Preacher: There's no way I can write 50,000 words in one month and be satisfied with it so I am accepting this by doing my best to sabotage the book by making it nonsensical, pretentious and hard to read.

if you took podly

and carved off all of the extraneous bits

whittled him right down to his core

and only the core remained

this is what you would have

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    fragile sedans at the mercy of sturdy sedans

:^:

LaOs on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    japan wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I got a bacon, stilton, and pear quiche on the way home.

it soudns like it would be awesome

without the pear part

why put pear in that?

The pear part is actually a kind of pear chutney that was spread on the base before it was filled. It's really good. It's that whole cheese + sweet fruit/preserve/pickle thing.

hmm that sounds kind of good actually

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    I think the price falling below 499.99 is less likely than a total overhaul of the device.

then I continue to watch the android and chrome markets

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    is eddy a writer? i am confused laOs

He has (maybe still does) worked in/with the publishing industry. That's all.

LaOs on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    LaOs wrote: »

didn't know that

Arch on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    The pear part is actually a kind of pear chutney that was spread on the base before it was filled. It's really good. It's that whole cheese + sweet fruit/preserve/pickle thing.

that is a flavor combination that i ran into a lot in england and occasionally in indian cooking and i don't really think anyone else does much it that i know of. maybe australians.

i find it kind of unpleasant.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    a publisher won't send you a letter about how bad it is they'll just send you a form letter with some blanks filled it

No, see those are fun because form letter responses read in conjunction with the letter to which they are a reply are always faintly surreal because they don't quite fit properly.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    LaOs wrote: »

didn't know that

Ah! Well. Now you do?

Heh.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

no but I'm trying to get into the publishing business. I've been interviewing for a little over a month. I don't know very much really because I've only ever had an internship at a small house but I do know the basics.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Boy Arch, there's egg all over your face now.

Ludious on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i don't think you need to work in publishing to know that a terrible novel written specifically to be terrible has a snowball's chance in hell of being published

that said

i would buy it sarks

MikeMan on
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm also combining my other stories with this one. One of the characters narrates like a hard-boiled detective and it pisses off his girlfriend who can tell he's doing it just by how he acts outwardly.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Cass I will play with yall!

also we used to send rejection post cards at my internship. those were the saddest things.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

that is a flavor combination that i ran into a lot in england and occasionally in indian cooking and i don't really think anyone else does much it that i know of. maybe australians.

Do US cheeseboards not come with preserves and some grapes? That's a shame.

japan on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I suppose I should play the tutorial first...

And possibly level a bit...

EDIT: And decide on a character.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    Boy Arch, there's egg all over your face now.

eh, not really

i made a prediction based on the material itself, he made one based on the market and state of publishers (of which i had no knowledge)

Arch on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Wait, visiblehowl lives in KY?
    I do now.

Whereabouts?
    Lexington.

Inqi, that's a very depressing, but accurate, point of view.
    What's wrong with Lexington? You're kind of close to Cincinnati, you can go to the museum there.

Also the best forumer lives in Cinci

violent chemistry doesn't really post here anymore

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    fragile sedans at the mercy of red machine d

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Preacher: There's no way I can write 50,000 words in one month and be satisfied with it so I am accepting this by doing my best to sabotage the book by making it nonsensical, pretentious and hard to read.

if you took podly

and carved off all of the extraneous bits

whittled him right down to his core

and only the core remained

this is what you would have

Will, please have my self-hating nerd babies.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    i don't think you need to work in publishing to know that a terrible novel written specifically to be terrible has a snowball's chance in hell of being published

that said

i would buy it sarks

i would think that would set it far enough from the crowd that it would work, especially today

just i guess not with the market

i mean, if the dude from kotaku can publish a book...

Arch on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Life and Opinions of Fragile Sedans

Elendil on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Eddy, I'm sure you get this all the time, but: why publishing? Isn't that market fairly certain to experience negative growth until it dies?

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Eddy if you get a job at a publishing house can I give you the manuscript and would you promise to convince someone to read it and send me a letter telling me how terrible it was and how it was terrible even if you considered that it was supposed to be terrible, that it isn't even good ironically and that I should never write again.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Do US cheeseboards not come with preserves and some grapes? That's a shame.

usually a bit of preserves or apples/ pears, but not vinegary things.

i've seen more incorporation of sweet flavors into savory lately, but i don't think it's really as common in the US as it is in england.

branston pickle, for instance, was confounding and revolting to me, but you guys love it.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Sarks self-publish the book and get skippy to convince people that it's an underground hit by manipulating the social networks.

japan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    These names are all very excellent.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    fragile sedans at the mercy of red machine d

Eh...

For me, you hit the peak with the mercy of sturdy sedans.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, this is terrible. I've only been working for 2 and a half hours and I'm already shot. How the hell am I supposed to get anything done like this?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wait, visiblehowl lives in KY?
    I do now.

Whereabouts?
    Lexington.

Inqi, that's a very depressing, but accurate, point of view.
    What's wrong with Lexington? You're kind of close to Cincinnati, you can go to the museum there.

Also the best forumer lives in Cinci

violent chemistry doesn't really post here anymore

Fuck you he's from Oxford anyway

TL DR on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Man, this is terrible. I've only been working for 2 and a half hours and I'm already shot. How the hell am I supposed to get anything done like this?

Red Bull.

TL DR on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so weird, they made it on facebook so you "view friendships" instead of wall to walls and then i puts everything together so weird

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited November 2010

shoot back you fuckin' sissy

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

no but I'm trying to get into the publishing business. I've been interviewing for a little over a month. I don't know very much really because I've only ever had an internship at a small house but I do know the basics.

Fragile Sedans could be your big breakout!

Sarks might be the next JK Rowling, you never know.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Red Bull*.

Cocaine

Arch on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Are you a schoolteacher?

Skippy! Don't do whatever Silas here is--he's already been shot!

LaOs on
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "dying" industries seem like they'd be really interesting to get into as a young person

like publishing or journalism

because it's so fluid, you have a lot of room for new ideas and failures as we move to a digital world

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maybe the monster witnessed the act in the woods, learned from it, and then imitated it (stole the brother's life just like the jealous protagonist attempted to do, but in a more complete fashion).

This would indicate that the difference between man and beast is senseless slaughter, as depicted earlier in the story, and killing motivated by greed.

Secondly, it would show that, in order to become human, a beast must learn to covet as humans do. This suggests that man's most essential character trait, the one which separates us from the beast, is the desire to possess that which belongs to another.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Dear Mr. Sarksus,

Enclosed is the ream of paper you sent our publishing house. We are unable to make use of it, as you seem to accidentally have printed letters onto it.

Regards,

C. Eddy Literari"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
This discussion has been closed.