As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Rat [chat]

ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito!Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
Rats are various medium-sized, long-tailed rodents of the superfamily Muroidea. "True rats" are members of the genus Rattus, the most important of which to humans are the black rat, Rattus rattus, and the brown rat, Rattus norvegicus. Many members of other rodent genera and families are also referred to as rats, and share many characteristics with true rats.

European associations with the rat are generally negative. For instance, "Rats!" is used as a substitute for various vulgar interjections in the English language. These associations do not draw, per se, from any biological or behavioral trait of the rat, but possibly from the association of rats (and fleas) with the 14th-century medieval plague called the Black Death. Rats are seen as vicious, unclean, parasitic animals that steal food and spread disease.

864px-Twitch_OriginalSkin.jpg

Rat in its natural environment

Arch on

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rats are filthy, they are one of the few animals Billy just kills without mercy.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    New chat to pass the time, woo!

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Cool video!

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I want a pet lion now. :(

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »

Pet Panther.

and name him Panthero!

Jakarrd on
    Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
    edited November 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »

I wanted a pet christian until the law had to come calling, mother fuckers always shackling my freedoms.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ugh, why do I have to go out bar hopping tonight instead of playing poker with my friends, wrryyyyy???

Also, I had a revelation irt to Starcraft.

Basically, my eyes and my hands should never be doing the same thing in that game, and my top screen and bottom screen should always be looking at different things.

Now actually doing this sounds a lot harder than it is to say.

Inquisitor on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    are any of you up for a game of LoL

Nerdgasmic on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Rats are various medium-sized, long-tailed rodents of the superfamily Muroidea. "True rats" are members of the genus Rattus, the most important of which to humans are the black rat, Rattus rattus, and the brown rat, Rattus norvegicus. Many members of other rodent genera and families are also referred to as rats, and share many characteristics with true rats.

European associations with the rat are generally negative. For instance, "Rats!" is used as a substitute for various vulgar interjections in the English language. These associations do not draw, per se, from any biological or behavioral trait of the rat, but possibly from the association of rats (and fleas) with the 14th-century medieval plague called the Black Death. Rats are seen as vicious, unclean, parasitic animals that steal food and spread disease.

i just knew this would be a liberal chat

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My letters to Tom Perriello and Jim Webb:
    Dear Mr. Perriello,
    Thank you. Thank you for standing up for the President. Thank you for standing up for Democrats everywhere. Thank you for not being a self-hating Blue Dog. Thank you for showing that Democrats in conservative districts don't have to run away from the party. You lost, but it was a very close race in a very damaging climate. Thank you for voting for health care. Please, take the fifth district back in 2012. With Obama on your side again, on the ticket, you can do it.
    Dear Senator Webb,
    I voted for you in 2006, and I plan to do so again in two years. You're probably a little nervous right now, given that we just lost the House and came fairly close to losing the Senate as well. You're probably considering moving to the right, since you won by a hair in 2006 and 2012 might be less generous to Democrats. Don't. The reason we lost as much as we did on Tuesday was that the traditional Democratic groups - liberals, minorities, and the youth - didn't turn out quite as much as in the last two cycles. If you engage in outreach to these groups over the next two years, I guarantee you'll win another term. If you triangulate and pretend to be a Republican (except when it comes to coal and climate change, where you're mostly out of luck because Virginia refuses to let go of its dirty energy), you will not get the votes that you need from them, and Republicans still won't vote for you. Tom Perriello stood with the President, and lost by three and a half points in a very red House district; Glenn Nye ran away from him and bashed the Democratic agenda, and lost by eleven points in a similar district. Please, Senator, don't listen to David Broder and his colleagues. Be a real Democrat.

Captain Carrot on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gim on
  • NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    splinter.jpg

Nocturne on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Damnit now I want to buy twitch as well as kog maw

Arch on
  • Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gooey wrote: »

i just knew this would be a liberal chat

hey, we need somewhere to curl up in the fetal position and cry.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh dear, the potatoes I am boiling to mash look slightly suspicious. This bodes ill. Happily the large round sausage will make up for a lot

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
    edited November 2010
    Huh, apparently I have torchlight installed on this machine via steam and didn't remember ever picking it up. Odd.

Arch: You just love ranged carries don't you?

Inquisitor on
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Happily the large round sausage will make up for a lot

:winky:

Captain Carrot on
    edited November 2010
    Firefly is not as good as you think it is and got canceled for a reason, thank you the rest of the fucking world jesus christ shut up.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited November 2010
    Inquisitor wrote: »

Arch: You just love ranged carries don't you?

Ranged carries who can harass early game yes

It is more like I enjoy poison-based characters thematically, and those happen to be Twitch, Teemo, Singed, and Kog'Maw sort of (he spits acid but whatever)

Think about my summoner picture

Arch on
  • GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    suicide is the only thing americans can do slowly and without hysterics
    Well that and driving.
    You and I must drive in very different places.

Gim on
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited November 2010
    4.2 GM for the iPad seems to be hitting my battery a little harder than the last beta.

I have watched two hours of video and done about 2-3 hours of web browsing, and I'm already down to 76%!!
    8-)

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hello again [chat].

BobCesca on
    edited November 2010
    I am also pretty upset that Medieval Twitch is virtually impossible to obtain for a normal person

Oh well I guess I can buy gangster twitch

Arch on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    We are doing logarithms in math now. They are pretty cool and I know how to do them 8-)

Sarksus on
  • descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    4.2 GM for the iPad seems to be hitting my battery a little harder than the last beta.

I have watched two hours of video and done about 2-3 hours of web browsing, and I'm already down to 76%!!
    8-)

*slowly reaches for the iPad*

OH MY GOD SYND, LOOK BEHIND YOU!

desc on
    edited November 2010
    I can't even name 350 people

and they all have to get to level 10?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Twitch is a blast Arch, though you have to keep in mind you're easier to tear through than a wet paper towel.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    edited November 2010
    I am also pretty upset that Medieval Twitch is virtually impossible to obtain for a normal person

Or just do tons and tons of referrals :P

Inquisitor on
    edited November 2010
    Firefly is not as good as you think it is and got canceled for a reason, thank you the rest of the fucking world jesus christ shut up.

I am very glad I am not the only person who thinks this.

It's really pretty derivative and uninteresting.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
    edited November 2010

you have to refer 350 people

and all of them have to get to level 10

Nerdgasmic on
    edited November 2010

What are you implying here? I mean I don't know that I could get 350 people to play this game who will all get to level 10

Shit, I don't even think there are 350 people playing the game across all the PA forums that are past level 10

Arch on
    edited November 2010
    Twitch is a blast Arch, though you have to keep in mind you're easier to tear through than a wet paper towel.

Almost all my favorite champs are like this, I am used to it

Arch on
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My first thought was that referrals in LoL are pretty ridiculous, but that's lessened when you realize that it's an entirely free game.

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited November 2010

I am very glad I am not the only person who thinks this.

It's really pretty derivative and uninteresting.

I just hate how people bring up cancelations or shows having a rough start and every fucking time they'll mention firefly.

Or a show will have someone from firefly in it and they are like "Oh so and so should show up." NO NO THEY SHOULDN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Jesus the actress who played Kaylee and the one who played joss whedons fantasy girl are show assassins. They should show up nowhere!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    i guess i thought that firefly was okay

like, i watched most of the episodes on dvd with my girlfriend

she liked it better than i did i think

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
    edited November 2010
    I hope Fox sees the errors of their ways and gives Joss Whedon four seasons of Firefly in a primetime slot.

Sarksus on
    edited November 2010
    Will you have surpassed me in making vague uncommitted statements.

Sarksus on
    edited November 2010
    Joss Whedon in general has enormous problems with being unable to come up with anything new.

Guy loves his archtypes.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    firefly is a show that I've watched before

Casual Eddy on
    edited November 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »
    My first thought was that referrals in LoL are pretty ridiculous, but that's lessened when you realize that it's an entirely free game.

yeah but 350 is still a lot, and they can't just make accounts they have to get to level 10

Arch on
This discussion has been closed.