As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

KOEI Warriors games

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    So this Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll game or whatever... man, one of the best Koei warriors games I'v played in ages. I mean I guess it isnt strictly supposed to be one.. but yeah, it totally is. Warriors Orochi + RPG dis be.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    so liek, who do I have to murder to get that One Piece game on the 360?

Also, just picked up DW6 Kingdoms, and it is rad.

• Options
    ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    Anyone know if it's worth importing Sengoku Basara 3: Utage, since it looks like there won't be a version released for NA? (Do NA PS3's even play JP discs? I can't remember at the moment.)

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    PS3 isn't region locked, so you're safe there.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I'm going to order it after I get my return. If you feel like waiting for a few weeks, I can let you know.

• Options
    blaze_zero wrote:
    I'm going to order it after I get my return. If you feel like waiting for a few weeks, I can let you know.

Definitely not in any hurry, so I wouldn't mind at all. :) Thanks!

(Just to be on-topic, got Oichi to level 100. What's the highest attack you can get on a weapon?)

• Options
    Not really sure what the cap is, honestly.

• Options
    JoJoHoraHoraJoJoHoraHora ItalyRegistered User regular
    So this Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll game or whatever... man, one of the best Koei warriors games I'v played in ages. I mean I guess it isnt strictly supposed to be one.. but yeah, it totally is. Warriors Orochi + RPG dis be.

Oh! Really? that good to hear. I bought it on a whim along with Knights Contract and Hunted: The Demon's Forge and I still have to try it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    Is Utage worth it? If this at 0:23 doesn't convince you I don't know what will.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEZz3_mfNE8
    Except maybe this at 1:28.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIjURqvxK9U
    Kojuro is still the hardest bastard, Yoshiaki is an epic troll, Sorin sings!, Matsunaga is a magnificent bastard, Kenshin is totally h4x, Hojo has an Awesome Mode, every time Hideaki wins it looks like an accident, and Shingen's back.

Of course, I have not yet gotten around to obtaining it myself. The prospect of paying ~$70 for a single game is a little... :cry:

Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • Options
    I'm a little more concerned about how easy/difficult it is to navigate the menus and whatnot. I have zero ability to read Japanese, and probably understand less than 1% of it spoken (ah, anime...), hence my hesitation.

Otherwise, I'd totally buy it. Just show me where to go order it.

• Options
    I can't read kanji for shit, yet I bought the first game in Japanese and played through everything fine.

Also, got my money. Ordering it today :D

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Just so people are aware:

You can buy the Asia version from Play-Asia for about 44$. With normal shipping, it's going to run you about 48$ total, which isn't a bad price.

If you're dumb like me, you can get it for 58$ and have 3 day shipping. Otherwise, shipping takes about 21 days or so. Last time I got normal shipping, it took almost a full month :X

blaze_zero on
  • Options
    So... What's the difference between the Asia version and the Japan version, aside from about $30?

• Options
    Asia version is basically the one for all countries other than Japan, although it's still in Japanese. I think on games that are region locked, this makes more of a difference? I'm not really too sure to be honest.

But yeah, the Asia version is almost always cheaper than the Japanese version.

• Options
    Oh, another question.

Was looking at some info on the game, and apparently there are no more story modes for the original playable characters. Seeing as I have an NA save that likely won't be imported into the Asian one, I'm assuming that means I have to level these characters up again. But, without their story modes, are the unlock conditions for them the same? (For example, Oichi, or Nobunaga.)

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    So, uh....is there any way to speed up or at least have friendship gains consistent in Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3? I know the stock answers for how to raise it is like "Play as the person or have them as your partner" but some dudes gain a level like that, and others, I forget I even have partnered because it's been so many missions without so much as a go from 2 to 3. Is there a skill or anything, or is it just "Yeah, it's random, have a go at it."?

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    The system for Gundam 3 friendship is really weird. I'm not sure exactly how it calculates the value, but it seems to me that some people are just harder to befriend than others.

@ringswraith Unification mode is back, so you can use that to level and stuff. I have no idea if an NA save will carry over or not either. I think the only hidden characters are Kenshin, Kasuga, and Shingen for unlocking. Oh, and Hojo.

• Options
    What is Unification mode, anyhow? ^^;

• Options
    It's basically like Empires. You choose a lord and then try to conquer the other areas. Defeating each army gets you a bonus item, which level up as time goes on (at least they did in SB2).

From what I've heard, in this one, the stages change depending on the location of armies when you clash with them, as the other generals will also fight each other after you fight someone.

• Options
    Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Is anyone playing Dynasty Warriors Online?

• Options
    PARTY FOREVER!

Utage is pretty fucking sweet.

• Options
    R0land1188R0land1188 Registered User regular
    So I have been playing Dynasty Warriors since DW2 in middle school, and really liked the difference in character advancement that DW6 offered, but was slightly disappointed to not see it in 7.

I have played DW:GW also, and have been eternally stuck on one mission where you have to defeat the enemy mechs before this giant space cannon goes off. It has been awhile since my last attempt so I am a little fuzzy on the details. What is the best way to grind better stats?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That sounds like a Gryps 2 mission which are always some of the friggin' hardest missions in my experience. A good strategy for Gryps 2, if I remember correctly is to just kind of disregard fields unless the game is telling you to take them in lieu of smashing the aces that the game tells you you really really need to kill. Generally makes the levels easier as the people they go to are more or less scripted to go down against them and will otherwise work as normal if you intervene.

As for your question, it's been a while since I've played the original DWG, but I -think- there's a skill that gives you more XP, and then from there it's mostly just play levels with a lot of Enemy Ace pilots since they give a lot of XP at once.

• Options
    For Utage translations/faqs, the Koei Warriors forum and the wiki (accessory list) have it covered. Unification mode is just the old story mode without the story events and randomized instead of branching paths.

In other news (until Koei gets around to announcing Orochi 3 for the west), Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition. Yes, it's real. Yes, it's really happening. Yes, really.

I don't know anything about Nobunaga'a Ambition, but this game is an SRPG with the characters as cutified versions of their Samurai Warriors designs, and each general has their own Pokemon partner. This is some crazy Archie meets the Punisher type shit.

Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • Options
    Can you please post the link for the Koei Warriors forums again? Also, do they have the translation guide for the menus/stages there too?

• Options
    So, if anyone has any questions about Utage, go ahead and ask. I've put a good amount of time into the game so far and found it pretty awesome.

There are a lot of subtle and major changes overall, so it feels slightly different in some areas. Overall, though, I find it to be a good expansion upon the original game.

I've also got a $5 off coupon for Play-asia if anyone is thinking about ordering the game.

• Options
    I just have the same questions as above- mainly, if there's a guide with a translation for the menus and stages. Also, how this game's system(s) work. I've only played SB3, so for example this weapon leveling thing is new to me (and I don't get it at all).

• Options
    http://sengokubasara.wikia.com/wiki/Sengoku_Basara_3_Utage_Item_List

Just use the rest of that wiki. Anything they don't explain, I can.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Wooo, now the slog begins. I have everyone in DWG3 at at least 3 Friendship (except Dianna, but who cares about her) all the Story, Challenge, Relationship and Special missions done, so now it becomes a race between whether I max out friendships before I get all the licenses first.

Gameplay!

Edit: Speaking of which, I actually have to play 100 Online matches with somebody, don't I? No way I can just like....do it by myself?

Darth_Mogs on
  • Options
    And I answered my own question. All Licenses bought.

No progress on Frienships. Urgh.

• Options
    ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    Yeah you have to play online with other people but doing the boss stages is a pretty quick way of doing it.

• Options
    Can you please post the link for the Koei Warriors forums again? Also, do they have the translation guide for the menus/stages there too?

Sure.
    blaze_zero wrote: »
    So, if anyone has any questions about Utage, go ahead and ask. I've put a good amount of time into the game so far and found it pretty awesome.

There are a lot of subtle and major changes overall, so it feels slightly different in some areas. Overall, though, I find it to be a good expansion upon the original game.

I've also got a $5 off coupon for Play-asia if anyone is thinking about ordering the game.

From other discussions it seems Capcom took to Utage with the adage, "In a world where everyone is imba no one will be." Has this been your experience with the changes?

Any comments on Play-asia's shipping options versus Yesaisa's free shipping? Is it a good deal or would I be flipping a coin to see if my order ended up on the bottom of the Pacific?

• Options
    imba? Not sure what that means there.

As for shipping, Play-Asia has always been pretty decent. Their free-shipping or cheapest shipping option, though, will usually take a long time. Don't expect it for at least two weeks. I've bought stuff from them a lot, and that has been the norm.

This time, though, I did Fex-ex express, which actually did get here in 3 days. So, it really depends on your patience (and wallet).

• Options
    Okay, here's something I can't seem to find on the wiki. Is there a list somewhere of all the weapons for each character? Specifically, starting with the second one, they have additional properties (and an item pictured on them). I'd like to know what these mean.

• Options
    blaze_zero, you are my hero. :)

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    It... looks kind of cool, but looks to be taking itself so seriously. Which I can't do, because it looks so outright goofy.

Conflicted, but do want.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I want it but I don't have a PS3 :(

Also One Piece is overly dramatic but thats just seperates its numerous crowning moments of awesome. When it can turn a simple walk to the boss fight into a crowning moment of awesome all is forgiven.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7yQr2bKR84

The one rule of One Piece. When Luffy stops smiling someone is about to get their shit wrecked.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I can't get past the character designs and powers. So pretty much everything.