As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Talk About ... Penny Arcade: The Series, Season 1 DVD Set

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was watching the finale with commentary on and I had to turn it off and rewind it so I could see the end again

It's still ridiculously powerful, every single time

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ctowsley wrote: »
    Propriety wrote: »
    I've been watching/listening to the commentaries and deleted scenes. I really love them. But...

I... honestly find it kind of pathetic how much "OMG HOT WOMENZ" there are in these commentaries. Between the deleted scene where everyone is fawning over Lexxy's facebook (seriously guys, she wasn't even in the room, that's kind of skeezy) to the "REALLY HOT IN PERSON" subtitle or whatever that flashes during one of the deleted scene where Mike and Jerry are being interviewed by ZOMG A WOMAN at PAX East, and the 2PP crew tittering over how hot she was.... Pathetic. It's like every time there's a woman on camera or in the room who isn't a close friend, men are always slobbering all over her. It's kind of unseemly.

If you're going to do it, I at least expect equal opportunity slobbering over the men! This homosexual demands it!

Aside from that, I've been enjoying these quite a lot.

It wasn't even something i noticed honestly...and the lexxy part seemed much more humor oriented than anything else, and your statement that "she wasn't even in the room"....well. We're heterosexual males.

See, but if she was in the room, she could shoot back at them, and no doubt would: just as she did when she was on the phone and Mike jumped into her interview, as Squall pointed out. That was absolutely hilarious (Lexxy is my friggin' hero) and I think that's fair. If she's not there, and it's phrased like it was... it just seems creepy, not funny. I can tell when it's in jest, and when it's not.
    ctowsley wrote:
    That's what we do. It's just a thing we do sometimes >.> most times.

Pooping is a thing I do sometimes. I try to only do it when no one else is around, though.

Perhaps it is because I am a gentleman. Do non-gentlemen poop on other people? I do not know. I have been a gentleman since birth.

On that note I have been told that the birthing process for a top hat is rather gruesome.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If only it were a collapsible top hat.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    facetious wrote: »
    If only it were a collapsible top hat.

Alas, one does not get to choose what top hat one is born with; it is almost certainly genetically predetermined.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    Susan DelgadoSusan Delgado Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've loved every minute of the series and all the extras... I just want to thank everyone at PA for letting us all take a peek inside your lives.

Oh, and the signatures... Love it. I can't imagine the hand cramps, but I know I certainly appreciate the effort.

Susan Delgado on
    Go then, there are other worlds than these.
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    got my DVD today!

immediately going through the 4th panels

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    SoozSooz Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    I have just received mine, although actually obtaining them involved a bizarre kind of treasure hunt.

(To cut a long, tedious story short: my DVDs went to two other people before I received them, and the only reason I have them now is because I live in a small village full of honest people who know me. Apparently that’s what you get when you pay $34.05 for shipping. Parcelforce really like to make you work for your deliveries. The PA and USPS parts went very smoothly, though, so I guess it’s my punishment for living in the UK…)

On the plus side, all my discs seem to be unharmed. And they smell of celery.

I’m just sitting here marvelling at all the signatures - totally worth trekking all over the village for.

I realise it has been said dozens of times before, but this series is fantastic. So fucking heartwarming.

Sooz on
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just got mine in the mail today! The box was rattling a bit when I received it; ut-oh. Opened it up and Disc 1 had popped off it's clasp; sliding around inside the case has scratched it up a bit, but it doesn't look too serious. I'll see if it plays and how well soonish.

Rius on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah discs one and two were loose in mine

the holders weren't broken though so that's good

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    jaziekjaziek Bad at everything And mad about it.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sooz wrote: »
    I have just received mine, although actually obtaining them involved a bizarre kind of treasure hunt.

(To cut a long, tedious story short: my DVDs went to two other people before I received them, and the only reason I have them now is because I live in a small village full of honest people who know me. Apparently that’s what you get when you pay $34.05 for shipping. Parcelforce really like to make you work for your deliveries. The PA and USPS parts went very smoothly, though, so I guess it’s my punishment for living in the UK…)

I’m just sitting here marvelling at all the signatures - totally worth trekking all over the village for.

I realise it has been said dozens of times before, but this series is fantastic. So fucking heartwarming.

My tracking thing hasn't been updated for the last 5 days, last reported location was somewhere in washington.

How long did it take from dispatch to get to you?

jaziek on
    Steam ||| SC2 - Jaziek.377 on EU & NA. ||| Twitch Stream
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Not gonna lie, when Khoo was pulling out the Twitter logs I started going back through my facebook wall trying to see if there was anything that could keep me from working at PA.

Then I cried because the dream died once again.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Scarab83Scarab83 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alright, is there a list somewhere of who the heck signed this DVD?

I just got mine today and I'm trying to decipher whose signature is whose.

I see... Sunter, RK, Eriks(?), indecipherable scribble, Gabriel(?), Kiko, Feh(?), EdU(?), (cw)TB, Coffen(?), JP(?).

Scarab83 on
  • Options
    AmethystineAmethystine Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    Hrmm, maybe that was a celery smell. I didn't think anything of it.

Anyway, while my discs were all in place and not sliding around inside, my normal, ancient DVD player was unable to play all but Disc 2, while my Xbox and other devices can play 2, 3 and 4 just fine with no skipping anywhere as far as I've seen.

My problem is that my Disc 1 seems to be completely unloadable, unrecognizable, unplayable for any piece of technology that I put it into. I'm terribly picky about going in order with things, so it 'upset me greatly'.

But not really.

Anyway, the show, of course, is amazing, and all the commentaries are priceless (I went straight to the Kurtz episode for the Night Court theme thing at the end, to hear commentary about that). And then also the Lost Fourth Panels.

In any case, I'm going to try more ways to make Disc 1 work, but in the meantime, can someone tell me what to do about this? Who to contact if I absolutely need a replacement?

Oh! Also, the signatures are little silvery treasures, thanks to everyone in the PA office!

And to Scarab 83: I at least think I know that the one you called 'Eriks' is "Erika", as in Erika Greco. Also, I think the Feh is most likely Mike Fehlauer, Director of Sales, as featured heavily in the PATV episode "New Hire" (which you should be watching currently, so.. smarten up!)

Amethystine on
  • Options
    JishianJishian ◥▶◀◤ Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gonna watch my Smellery™ DVDs some more, because I like me some commentaries.

Jishian on
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hah, that is a celery smell. I was wondering what you guys were talking about till I got my nose in there. It's just the natural packaging smell though, it's not weird or intrusive.

As for the signatures, I'll put up mine in the spoiler for reference:
    teh%20PAz.jpg

1. Brian Sunter
    2. Robert Khoo
    3. Erik Karulf (Alphamonkey; unfeatured in person in the series)
    4. Erika Greco
    5. I think this is Jeff Kalles because it doesn't seem like it could be anyone else. but it's illegible.
    6. Gabe -- Duh.
    7. Dave Coffman
    8. Kiko Villasenor
    9. Mike Fehlauer
    10. (cw)TB, Tycho
    11. Josh Price

freakish light on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    NG69z.png

i am stumped on this one

like, 6fhu what

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Coffman. Dave Coffman.

freakish light on
  • Options
    existexist Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    aw shit i see it now

exist on
    UmPiq.png
  • Options
    Scarab83Scarab83 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My copy:
    m7z9eb.jpg

Scarab83 on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My pre-order arrived today finally.

I got a little bit of the new packaging stink as well, but you have to hold the opened case to your nose to detect it.

I have encountered zero playback issues with any of the discs in my PS3.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I got my DVD set today! :D Really enjoying the hell out of it.

Also thanks to whoever drew the smiley face on the coffee cup on the back. That really made my day!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    SoozSooz Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    jaziek wrote: »

My tracking thing hasn't been updated for the last 5 days, last reported location was somewhere in washington.

Eight days from dispatch to delivery, with USPS Priority Mail International. Tracking info was updated pretty continuously, it was dispatched from Penny Arcade on the 4th, left the US on the 6th, and arrived in UK customs on the 10th.

Just a thought: did you order yours after they changed their international shipping option? I ordered mine fairly early on, with the bonkers shipping cost... whole thing cost me about £40, shipping and DVD.

Sooz on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Eight days from dispatch to delivery, with USPS Priority Mail International. Tracking info was updated pretty continuously, it was dispatched from Penny Arcade on the 4th, left the US on the 6th, and arrived in UK customs on the 10th.

Just a thought: did you order yours after they changed their international shipping option? I ordered mine fairly early on, with the bonkers shipping cost... whole thing cost me about £40, shipping and DVD.

yeah I ordered mine after they made it a bit cheaper. So it'll take a bit longer I guess.

Still, 5 days with no information as to where my DVD is is kinda worrying.

jaziek on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited November 2010
    Hrmm, maybe that was a celery smell. I didn't think anything of it.

Anyway, while my discs were all in place and not sliding around inside, my normal, ancient DVD player was unable to play all but Disc 2, while my Xbox and other devices can play 2, 3 and 4 just fine with no skipping anywhere as far as I've seen.

My problem is that my Disc 1 seems to be completely unloadable, unrecognizable, unplayable for any piece of technology that I put it into. I'm terribly picky about going in order with things, so it 'upset me greatly'.

But not really.

Anyway, the show, of course, is amazing, and all the commentaries are priceless (I went straight to the Kurtz episode for the Night Court theme thing at the end, to hear commentary about that). And then also the Lost Fourth Panels.

In any case, I'm going to try more ways to make Disc 1 work, but in the meantime, can someone tell me what to do about this? Who to contact if I absolutely need a replacement?

Oh! Also, the signatures are little silvery treasures, thanks to everyone in the PA office!

And to Scarab 83: I at least think I know that the one you called 'Eriks' is "Erika", as in Erika Greco. Also, I think the Feh is most likely Mike Fehlauer, Director of Sales, as featured heavily in the PATV episode "New Hire" (which you should be watching currently, so.. smarten up!)

If you're having an issue with the disc, shoot us an email to merch@penny-arcade.com!

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The DVD has made it to Norway!

It was actually here on Saturday, but I couldn't get my mailbox open until now.

I am currently watching the first episode while wearing my Dickwolves shirt.
    8-)

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    jambojambo AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My copy made it all the way to Australia safely and arrived today.

5VjIc.jpg

The first disc was loose but had absolutely no damage.

Just tried all the discs and they work fine :mrgreen:

Watching the lost 4th Panels now

jambo on
    lMX1i.jpg
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jerry sure is good at
    getting to balls in akward positions

That cracked me up big time.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    KrentzKrentz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Finished all the PA commentaries and extra scenes last night. Awesome indeed.

Now for all the 2PP commentaries. It's like getting 3 sets of DVDs in one package!

Also they make me really want to work at the PA offices. The fact that new hires have to sign a "creative workplace agreement" in case they happen to be groped/molested by wandering boom mics or other foreign objects is beyond awesome.

Krentz on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mine arrived today!

Khoo is wrong, he would be the world's best dad.

jaziek on
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I keep getting things in the mail that I think are my PATV DVD but end up being something else :(

Ten on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    One day, I hope I can become even half as good of a parent as Mike and Jerry are.

jaziek on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mine arrived today!

The only lady who has a chance is Martha Stewart.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    KalTorak wrote: »
    Mine arrived today!

The only lady who has a chance is Martha Stewart.

Or Taylor Swift

Mr. G on
    6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ahhhhhhahahahahaha the lurking while Kris is talking about the lurking :lol:

KalTorak on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The eFront ICQ logs. wow.

jaziek on
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gakh!

Just got mine - overjoyed!

But the discs were loose and are scratched to shit - horrified!

We'll see if I can play 'em tonight. So long as they work for long enough for me to rip 'em and send 'em to my HTPC, I'm good. I don't think I've ever needed any of my DVDs beyond one use anyway.

Nonetheless, I'm thrilled at these signatures on here. So awesome!

Imperfect on
  • Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Checked online and I guess my dvds went through customs on monday, so heres hoping they arrive today when I get home from school or tommorow. Loving the looks of the signatures and the dvd case itself that ive seen so far though.

Lagnar on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Khoo phone interview deleted scenes....

BRUTAL.

jaziek on
  • Options
    LagnarLagnar Halifax, Nova scotiaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Alright so my first disc was loose and one of the tabs was broken off but it seems to run fine in the brief test I did on it. Watching the extra 4th panels now though, great so far!

Lagnar on
  • Options
    ElbasunuElbasunu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I want to see the rest of that Archenemy M:TG game so BADLY.

Khoo/2PP, where is the rest of this goldmine?

"Is there a hand limit? I guess there's no hand limit"

Also, in the same vein, "Pipe cleaners? Really?" Hahahha.

Elbasunu on
    g1xfUKU.png?10zfegkyoor3b.png
    Steam ID: Obos Vent: Obos