As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo 3DS!!(RUMORS)

2»

• RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Considering that everyone thought it was $300 from the Japan prices this could've been worse.

I think I'll get one on launch.

Rdr on
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    To answer the open container question, the only time I haven't been hassled for an open container was New Years Eve.

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    gigabrain wrote: »
    To answer the open container question, the only time I haven't been hassled for an open container was New Years Eve.

The wrong thread. I think you have it.

flatline on
    East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    flatline wrote: »
    gigabrain wrote: »

The wrong thread. I think you have it.

I have the correct thread
    f0cus wrote: »
    Heleor wrote: »
    Right after the Pokemon Pubcrawl. A horde of drunk geeks converging on a Gamestop to pick up their 3DS...
    I wonder what Boston's open container laws are like... we could just make "drunken midnight release" the "secret boss" of the Pokecrawl. "Chug a Four Loko in line at Gamestop. Don't get caught."

gigabrain on
    fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • v1ralv1ral Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    From a source, I heard 3DS's will be at PAX East.

v1ral on
    edited January 2011
    v1ral wrote: »

But is it a reliable source?

Rdr on
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's kinda a no-brainer. I mean, I'm sure a few people will even import the Japanese one... ;)

Heleor on
  • hattrick12hattrick12 Registered User new member
    edited January 2011
    Too bad the 3DS will release just a couple weeks after PAX EAST. At least, they will probably have it at their booth (why wouldn't they, really?) for everyone to check out. And from my hands-on at E3, it is totally worth it!

hattrick12 on
  • redshoepaulredshoepaul Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rdr wrote: »
    v1ral wrote: »

But is it a reliable source?

Of course it is. :wink:

redshoepaul on
  • StrikerObiStrikerObi Tallahassee, FLRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I am really hoping that 3DS will be at the Nintendo booth. They have said they want to get this thing "out there" for people to try since that is really the only way to experience it. You can't show somebody screenshots or video of this thing. It doesn't get the point across.

However, Nintendo's showing at PAX East last year was less than abysmal. They had about 4-6 demo stations, all DS, and were showing off games that were squarely not in the "PAX demographic".

So those two facts are conflicting. I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers. I am fairly hopeful though. If they don't have it at PAX East, they will have missed a gigantic opportunity to showcase their new system to the very people they most want to buy it. With the exception of Wii, Nintendo has launched every system on the backs of hardcore gamers, and then slowly made the system more casual-oriented over time.

StrikerObi on
  • kfdavilakfdavila MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Um, I don't know, getting a free Pokemon backpack and battling with the rep was kinda fun.

kfdavila on
  • Wraith260Wraith260 Happiest Goomba! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    StrikerObi wrote: »
    I am really hoping that 3DS will be at the Nintendo booth. They have said they want to get this thing "out there" for people to try since that is really the only way to experience it. You can't show somebody screenshots or video of this thing. It doesn't get the point across.

However, Nintendo's showing at PAX East last year was less than abysmal. They had about 4-6 demo stations, all DS, and were showing off games that were squarely not in the "PAX demographic".

So those two facts are conflicting. I guess we'll just have to cross our fingers. I am fairly hopeful though. If they don't have it at PAX East, they will have missed a gigantic opportunity to showcase their new system to the very people they most want to buy it. With the exception of Wii, Nintendo has launched every system on the backs of hardcore gamers, and then slowly made the system more casual-oriented over time.

can't imagine any reason why the 3DS wouldn't be on display at PAX East. with the launch happening soon after it would be stupid for them not to show off the hardware at such a large event. add in the fact that Nintendo are in the middle of a series of preview events in the UK right now, to miss out on the chance to show off to such a large collection of gamers would be idiotic at best.

for more info on the UK 3DS previews check out the 3DS thread in G&T. the general feeling on the 'show' is that its bad, mixed reviews on the actual games from the little bit that i've read.

Wraith260 on
    edited February 2011
    kfdavila wrote: »
    Um, I don't know, getting a free Pokemon backpack and battling with the rep was kinda fun.

Ya that guy was amazing. The only other booth guy I liked more was the Skate 3 fellow.

Rdr on
  • ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter Boston MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yeah seeing the XL at pax was what made me get it. and you could look anywhere at pax and not see the pokemon backpack. i might even use mine this year.

ArcadiaExeter on
    7US7VWW.png
  • GundabadGundabad PAX East & Unplugged Tabletop Manager NJRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I can pretty much guarantee that the 3DS will be playable at PAX East. I was traveling in Japan for a week in mid-January and there were playable 3DS stations at all of the big video game stores. I'm sure by mid-March you'll be able to walk into a Gamestop and try out the 3DS as well so would be shocked if Nintendo wasn't pushing it hard at PAX East.

Gundabad on
  • misterinvisiblemisterinvisible Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    So even if Nintendo isn't sporting 3DS's at their booth, Capcom will be:
    http://mashthosebuttons.com/2011/03/capcom-comes-to-pax-east-and-sxsw/

misterinvisible on