As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

good iphone alarm clock apps

amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhourThe woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I've had a problem lately getting up in the morning.

I set an alarm on an actual alarm clock for 5:00 AM that just kind of gives me my first wake up. Then I set one on my phone for 6:30 that's officially to start the day.

Lately I've been turning that off because I'm getting too used to it and waking up like an hour later and having to rush like a madman to get to work, eating breakfast there, forgetting to make lunch, etc.

About a week ago a co-worker texted me at 6:45 and having to answer the text actually woke me up a lot better than usual, I guess it was getting my brain going that did it.

So what I want is an iphone alarm that's reliable that will like keep going until I solve a math problem or something. Basically just something to jump start the brain cells early on in the morning. If that's not available, any recommendation for a (preferably free) simple little game I can play on the phone when I first wake up would be good too.

Thanks H/A

are YOU on the beer list?
amateurhour on

• Options
    ben0207ben0207 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Night Stand makes you do semi-difficult maths problems until you get one right. It's cheap, pretty and works great.

ben0207 on
  • Options
    AntoineAntoine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Get this app called Sleep Cycle. It wakes you up correctly (when you are not in a deep sleep) and you feel very refreshed.

If you just wake up whenever the fuck ever it's a crap shoot. Maybe you wake up at the right time, maybe you get ripped out of deep sleep. Deep sleep is too early to wake up in. You need to wake up in a light sleep, this is usually when you are dreaming.

But be warned.

Because this app starts waking you up when you are dreaming it has a tendency of giving you incredibly vivid and sometimes terrifying dreams. It was just too much for me. It was like a mind revealing itself to itself.

Antoine on
  • Options
    AddaAdda LondonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah sleep cycle is pretty damn good, it works well at getting me up at the correct time.

Adda on
    steam_sig.png
    I want to know more PA people on Twitter.