As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Time Cube Phalla] GAME OVER

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Crap forgot to vote I think

roman

Green on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    End of Cycle

Finally, it was over. The turmoil from within the time cube had ended, and stability had been reached.

Midday was not merely one fourth of the timecube. It was not merely one out of four days simultaneously going on, it was the one true day. And it had proven it, without a shadow of a doubt.

Midday(9am-9am) was shifted by the Time Cube itself, and started 30 minutes early!
    Dunadan - Midnight Incarnate - Voted out at Midnight
    Dunadan was voted out at Sunrise, but is already dead!
    Romanqwerty - Educated Stupid - Voted out at Midday
    Romanqwerty was voted out at sunset, but is already dead!
    Varcayn - Midday Incarnate - Educated at Midday
    Jimtopia - Believer - Stabbed at Sunset[/color]

Midnight no longer exists!
    Midday no longer exists!

The Cow King (Sunrise Incarnate) has achieved his special victory condition (5 total blocked kills/nulled votes at Sunrise) and ascended! Sunrise is the one true day!

The Cow King victory!
    There is finally only one day per day! The Educated Stupid has prevailed!
    CaptainPlanet has survived until the end!

The Cow King / CaptainPlanet / Mafia Victory!

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    --ROLE PMs--

You are...
    ...A Believer!
    FOUR DAYS IN ONE. ALL AMERICANS ARE EDUCATED STUPID.
    THE ONE-ISM OF ACADEMIA IS EVIL AND STUPID.

You follow he who is above God, and are a devout believer in the Time Cube. However, it seems that some one-ists have begun to militarize themselves and try to educate the believers stupid. This cannot be allowed to happen.

Your role: Villager
    Your alignment: You are aligned with the village. You win when all threats to the village are dead.

Your power(s): Your only power is the vote. Use it wisely! Since each game turn is 4 days, your vote is literally four times more powerful than it is in most games. The village is like a traditional village, plus three vigilantes who all listen to what the village says!

Exercise your power, or it will consume you.

Mafia
    You are...
    ...Educated Stupid!
    What the hell is the Time Cube? That doesn't even make sense.

You definitely do NOT follow the Time Cube. That is mostly because it's not "credible" or "rigorous" or "sane." Everyone who believes in it is pretty much certifiably retarded, and... well, never mind. You already know all of that. The important part is, for some ridiculous reason, they have started to really pick up steam. Well, what must be done must be done. And killing Time Cube followers? Not a jury in the world could convict you.

But, something odd. It almost looks like they might be right... but, there's some sort of struggle going on between the four days. Whatever works. As long as one of the days comes out on top and makes it so that there's only, oh, ONE DAY PER DAY, you're pretty much cool with it.

Your role: Mafia
    Your alignment: You are aligned against the village. You win if the mafia outnumbers the village, or if any Incarnation of the Time Cube completes their special win condition.

Your power(s): As a group, the mafia may kill one person per night. This kill takes place on the last day to have started when the final order is sent in. You get this power once per 9PM-9PM.

Your roster:
    MaxFrost
    Samurai6966
    Ronrab
    Phyphor
    Spoit
    Durax
    Crimsoncoyote
    Niceguy Myeye
    RomanQwerty
    Capfalcon

Awakened

You are...
    ...An Awakened of _____!
    The Time Cube's power is too great. It is the last force which can stop us.
    Its influence has already infected the earth. Time itself... must be destroyed.

Something within you has always uttered these words, and you just thought you were mentally ill. Well, regardless of the truth of that statement, it looks like those voices were speaking the truth...? About something? Look, you're really not sure what the deal is, but you have the feeling that this four days in one business is a bit more fragile than the believers seem to think.

Your role: Awakened
    Your alignment: Until the incarnation of ___ is killed, you are a villager and are aligned with the village. Once the incarnation of ___ is killed, you awaken, and win only when all four of the incarnations are dead.

Your power(s): As a group, the awakened may kill one person per night. This kill takes place on the last day to have started when the final order is sent in. You get this power once per 9PM-9PM.

Incarnations
    You are...
    ...The Four Incarnations of the Time Cube!

Welcome to the cosmos. Allow me to introduce you to each other.
    ____, the incarnation of sunrise.
    ____, the incarnation of midday.
    ____, the incarnation of sunset.
    ____, the incarnation of midnight.

You have existed in harmony with each other for centuries. Nobody really knew about you until the Time Cube thing hit, and now you’re kind of like celebrities. And, as you might expect, the fame has rushed to your heads. Each one of you wants to be the better day, and finally? Conflict has broken out.

But you’re a group of civilized folk. This is more of a game to you, anyway. So you’ve set yourself up a contest. There’s a bit of a kerfuffle going on down in the mortal world right now, so essentially you’re taking bets.

Sunrise wins if 5 total votes, kills, or other actions are blocked or fail to happen due to repetition during 3AM-9AM
    Midday wins if a cumulative total of 500% of the player base, through the course of the game, posts during 9AM-3PM. (example: If 18 of the 30 players remaining in the game post between 9AM and 3PM, you gain 18/30 = 60% toward your condition)
    Sunset wins if 35 total powers are executed between 3PM and 9PM through the course of the game.
    Midnight wins if a cumulative total of 600% of the player base, through the course of the game, switches their vote for the 9PM-3AM period. (example: If 12 of the 25 players remaining in the game vote between 9PM and 3AM after having made an earlier vote, you gain 12/25 = 48% toward your condition)

Most of this will be done through direct and indirect manipulation of the mortal world. However, to help you along, you have each been given a power.

Sunrise may, once per 9PM-9PM, guard any one player from dying for any reason other than the vote.
    Midday may, once per 9PM-9PM, alter the border of any one day by 30 minutes.
    Sunset may, once per 9PM-9PM, target any player, and force any power they use to count on any day that sunset chooses.
    Midnight may, once per 9PM-9PM, make any one player’s vote count for triple.

Some rules apply:
    1. The first person to achieve their win condition is the victor.
    2. If there is a tie, then priority goes from midnight to sunrise to midday to sunset. First in line who achieves their condition is the winner.
    3. This is an honorable sport. If all but one of you are killed, the game is over, but there is no winner. The last incarnation may not ascend, but may only win by surviving until the phalla is over.

Other notes:
    1. If any of you die, your day no longer applies. There is no longer a vote, and any actions or deaths on your day will be attributed to nothing.
    2. There are those who want you dead. If any of you die, that number will grow.
    3. None of you may, FOR ANY REASON OR UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, reveal your role or the roles of any of the incarnations, to any player. To share this knowledge with a mortal would be beneath your station.

Mafia Seer
    You are...
    ...The Detective!
    You use the powers of science, ad reasoning, and intelligence to find out about people!

You are definitely on the side of the intelligent, sane few people left in this ridiculous war against the Time Cube. Where most of your colleagues say you just have to outsmart them, you let them know every chance you get, that you have to find them first.

Your role: Seer
    Your alignment: You are aligned against the village. You win if the mafia outnumbers the village, or if any Incarnation of the Time Cube completes their special win condition.

Your power(s): Once per 9PM-9PM, you can find the identity of any one player. Their role will be revealed to you. This action counts on the last day to have started at the time you submit your final target.

Village Seer
    You are...
    ...The Fouracle!
    It’s like an oracle, but... well, you get the picture.

THE TIME CUBE IS ABOVE GOD. You know this to be true, perhaps more than any of your comrades. Not only do you know that, but you have been blessed with the knowledge of the Time Cube to seek out and oppress your enemies! It is a four sided weapon to use in the four sided war against the educated stupid one-ist americans who dissolve and destroy the time cube way of thinking.

Your role: Seer
    Your alignment: You are aligned with the village. You win when all threats to the village are dead.
    Your power(s): Once per 9PM-9PM, you can find the identity of any one player. Their role will be revealed to you. This action counts on the last day to have started at the time you submit your final target.

Neutral Vigilante
    You are...
    ...Psychotic!
    ...but not in the same way as the believers in the Time Cube. Much less crazy, to be sure.

Man, you thought you were insane. Turns out the world has gone and done you a favor- relatively speaking, you’re fit as a fiddle now. Where once you were considered asylum material, now you can roam the streets at your leisure. Really, you don’t care who wins this war. You just want to make sure you’re around when it happens.

Your role: Vigilante
    Your alignment: Neutral, Survivor: You win if you survive until the end of the game
    Your power(s): Once per 9PM-9PM, you can kill any one player. This action counts on the last day to have started at the time you submit your final target.

Neutral Bus Driver
    You are...
    ...The Time Cube!
    ...wait, what? I thought cubes had 6 sides? What is all this four-ist thinking? I mean, one-ism is bad enough, but, what the hell?

Hey. Seriously, everyone has it wrong here. There are six sides in a cube, shouldn’t we be thinking in sixes? That’s your line of thought, and let’s be honest with ourselves, it makes just as much sense as anything else in this game. But, you’re the only one who knows. In order to recruit, you’re gonna have to live through this first.

Your role: Bus Driver
    Your alignment: Neutral, Survivor: You win if you survive until the end of the game
    Your power(s): Once per 9PM-9PM, you may choose any two players. Any action that targets player 1 will instead target player 2, and vice versa. This does not apply to the vote. You may target yourself. This action counts on the last day to have started at the time you submit your final set of targets.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Do your worst

Rend on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    my initial win condition sucked balls.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Doesn't CaptainPlanet82 win as well?

durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I guess now would be a good time to tell roman that my vote counts for 3......

OOPS!!!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    durax wrote: »
    Doesn't CaptainPlanet82 win as well?

Yes, sorry

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    durax on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Master Spreadsheet

MrBlarney's Co-Hosting Notes

While I thought the game looked good on paper, it seems that our expectations about the playerbase's activity was off, and things did not go as smoothly as planned. I tried to make the Incarnations' win conditions balanced based on my expectations of peoples' activities such that they would be fulfilled in the Day 8-10 range. By the time an Incarnation was in range of their goal, there was also an expectation that at least one of them would have already been eliminated, whether by vote or vig or mafia, so that the Awakened would have their kill to seek out the remaining Incarnations.

Of course, things didn't work out quite as expected - far from it, in fact. A lack of activity between the 9pm and 9am (midnight and sunrise) periods and a strong tendency to swing the vote wildly caused a lot of vote kills to fail, slowing the expected pace of the game down and giving The Cow King a fairly easy path to victory. I am somewhat surprised that nobody really pointed at the fact that the large swings in the vote were causing so many potentially vote kills to be wasted and that a strategy of making more subtle changes would have been better. Then again, with Dunadan019's vote charging ability, who knows how well a more measured approach would have worked.

I suppose the game was framed a bit too frantically for people to really keep up with: having only two votes per day would have been more reasonable, but thematically poor. Overall though, I'm not exactly sure what could have made the game better - reality just did not match up with expectations.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So basically the only thing that the village had going for it was the four daily votes, that were mostly wasted. Good job, village. :^:

Burnage on
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey

Some of us need sleep

Farangu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Burnage wrote: »
    So basically the only thing that the village had going for it was the four daily votes, that were mostly wasted. Good job, village. :^:

honestly, most of the waste had to do with my vote counting for 3 and having no chance to change it at work.

that and they sheeped and then sucked and died.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mafia boards here: http://neocubism.proboards.com/index.cgi

Dunadan, I honestly didn't sell you out to anyone and was working towards your wind condition where I could. Glad to see you have faith in me though (:P) and you did make the game interesting just when I was sort of getting bored with it.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

honestly, most of the waste had to do with my vote counting for 3 and having no chance to change it at work.

I should have just made it worth 2, but I really thought more out of the 50 possible votes would be cast.

The highest total anyone ever won with was, like, 8 or something.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Dunadan, I honestly didn't sell you out to anyone and was working towards your wind condition where. Glad to see you have faith in me though (:P) and you did make the game interesting.

yeah, I figured that out the next morning when daniant died.

of course, when you say "wait to see how daniant votes because we told her you were a villager" and she comes in saying "I regret everything I've done in the past 2 days and am voting for Dunadan" what do you expect me to think?

also, stop arguing against me when I have a vote manip ability!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rend wrote: »

I should have just made it worth 2, but I really thought more out of the 50 possible votes would be cast.

The highest total anyone ever won with was, like, 8 or something.

I had the most useful ability (aside from the guard) with the absolute worst win condition....

my initial win condition was for everyone to change their vote between midnight and 6am from what it was previously for 6 days straight.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Whew. That was stressful. Glad to see everyone has been properly educated.

I'm waiting for Dani to grudge me forever, though, since I revealed as a village seer to her to get her to save my bacon.

But, at least it was only half a lie. Surely that counts for something, Dani.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Dunadan, I honestly didn't sell you out to anyone and was working towards your wind condition where. Glad to see you have faith in me though (:P) and you did make the game interesting.

of course, when you say "wait to see how daniant votes because we told her you were a villager" and she comes in saying "I regret everything I've done in the past 2 days and am voting for Dunadan" what do you expect me to think?

If you read the boards you'll see that i wanted to kill daniant for three successive days before she actually died. I think there was a miss communication somewhere along the lines as the "we're picking Cpt_Planet's targets now" was lost and he ended up deciding his own kills sometimes...Still not sure what was going on about that but eh, its just a game and I didn't want to be a jerk about it.

As far as her final votes?...I have no idea...

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well, I tried to make the Incarnations' win conditions balanced based on my expectations of peoples' activities such that they would be fulfilled in the Day 8-10 range. By the time an Incarnation was in range of their goal, there was also an expectation that at least one of them would have already been eliminated, whether by vote or vig or mafia, so that the Awakened would have their kill to seek out the remaining Incarnations. Of course, things didn't work out quite as expected - far from it, in fact. But that is how things go sometimes.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Who was the sunset incarnate?

I see Cow King as sunrise
    Varcayn of midday
    and Dunadan of midnight.

durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    durax wrote: »
    Who was the sunset incarnate?

Zandracon. (Master spreadsheet should be linked in post 1051.)

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010

If you read the boards you'll see that i wanted to kill daniant for three successive days before she actually died. I think there was a miss communication somewhere along the lines as the "we're picking Cpt_Planet's targets now" was lost and he ended up deciding his own kills sometimes...Still not sure what was going on about that but eh, its just a game and I didn't want to be a jerk about it.

As far as her final votes?...I have no idea...

my win condition sucked: here was the 'progress' the day you contacted me:

Midnight: 73%/500%
    Sunrise: 2/5
    Midday: 173%/500%
    Sunset: 14/35

so 40%, 35%, 40% and me at 14%! with no real way to make people vote from 12-6 I felt completely helpless.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, your win condition was borked from the get go. Phallas usually die down for the night and voting in that block probably meant little to the few people that we're up as they didn't have the numbers to overcome all the people that hadn't changed their vote yet.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So, was I actually seered, or did I just mess up by pushing a grudge on Dunadan too hard?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CaptainPlanet82CaptainPlanet82 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    stabby, stabby. hehe

Roman- durax should have known about all my kills. I sent a PM to him with the kill or agreed with whatever the last PM he sent me would be. we discussed them a little each time. If you would have been sharing more info with me sooner, I wouldn't have waited so long to kill Daniant. But I got her back now. hehe

Boy, that was a fun role. Ironically even though Durax told me he was "some group" going against the awakened, I somehow knew it was mafia. It took about 3 or 4 days before he owned up to it. But it was much more fun to help the mafia, couldn't help myself. :P

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just wanted to count votes. Was that too much to ask? :(

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    So, was I actually seered, or did I just mess up by pushing a grudge on Dunadan too hard?

too hard.

never push a grudge on the guy whose vote counts for 3.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    I just wanted to count votes. Was that too much to ask? :(
    YES!

@CaptainPlanet Yeah I wanted to be honest from the beginning but was overruled.

durax on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, your win condition was borked from the get go. Phallas usually die down for the night and voting in that block probably meant little to the few people that we're up as they didn't have the numbers to overcome all the people that hadn't changed their vote yet.

Ironically, I wasn't really playing to my win condition for most of the game because it was so terribly bad.

also, I made a conscious decision to let cow king win on that final day. hence my self vote.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I made a seriously kick ass spreadsheet. I need to figure out where I can post this. Anybody know where?

I saw Mr Blarney's location, but that won't work for me. Gonna need somewhere else.

CaptainPlanet82 on
    Help my friend realize his excellent Cyber Punk savage setting! Check out the Ronin: Chrome and Shadows Kickstarter!
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Upload it to google-docs?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    stabby, stabby. hehe

Roman- durax should have known about all my kills. I sent a PM to him with the kill or agreed with whatever the last PM he sent me would be. we discussed them a little each time. If you would have been sharing more info with me sooner, I wouldn't have waited so long to kill Daniant. But I got her back now. hehe

Boy, that was a fun role. Ironically even though Durax told me he was "some group" going against the awakened, I somehow knew it was mafia. It took about 3 or 4 days before he owned up to it. But it was much more fun to help the mafia, couldn't help myself. :P

Oh, we knew about your kills. The point was that you were picking them, not us.

We didn't open up to you because we thought you were a serial killer.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    stabby, stabby. hehe

Oh, we knew about your kills. The point was that you were picking them, not us.

We didn't open up to you because we thought you were a serial killer.

I thought you seered me? How did you end up knowing my exact title? I guess I will have to read through the proboard.

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So, what would have happened if, by some crazy chance, all of the days had died on the first day?

I mean, there were at 7 kills floating around.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I thought you seered me? How did you end up knowing my exact title? I guess I will have to read through the proboard.

We did. It's just the Psychopath isn't the most trustworthy of role names. :P

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »
    So, what would have happened if, by some crazy chance, all of the days had died on the first day?

I mean, there were at 7 kills floating around.

game over, everyone loses!

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    TADA!!

The Mystical Spreadsheet

I didn't make this until Monday. But it most of it is all taken care of automatically.
    Tab "All Posts" - only location I actually entered votes.
    Tab "Day Ends" - where I tracked the start and end of all the crazy vote closes
    Tab "DX.X" - Just a cut and paste. All controlled from the "Day" cell. Change that and all the votes change.

How did I do?

Did I mention the "All Posts" sheet can be filtered in any crazy way that your heart desires.

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

We did. It's just the Psychopath isn't the most trustworthy of role names. :P

I completely agree there. But the title is probably why I was thinking evil the whole game. I was humming Dr. Horrible the whole time.

CaptainPlanet82 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Your spreadsheet was really good. It would have been really useful if we'd received it sooner and hadn't been too paranoid too actually use it.

romanqwerty on