As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Call of Duty: Black Ops (BLOPS) Enemy New Thread, in your area

• Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The supermarket across the road just finished their midnight release. I saw people leaving with their copy of blops....Unfortunately I'm still on holiday so my xbox is a day's travel away. FUCKING CURSES.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    For those members of the Steam group, the vent server info is in the annoucements.

Note: I am new at this so if you experience problems logging in, holler.

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I HATE this timezone bullshit. also, why release on tuesday. The world doesn't work on those archaic terms anymore!!

DROP SHIP the motherfucker....

time for a nap.

belligerent on
  • Options
    twmjrtwmjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I HATE this timezone bullshit. also, why release on tuesday. The world doesn't work on those archaic terms anymore!!

time for a nap.

Agreed. Tuesdays are the stupidest days ever.

Move this crap to Fridays. Let me get my game on through the weekend.

twmjr on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    twmjr wrote: »

time for a nap.

Agreed. Tuesdays are the stupidest days ever.

Move this crap to Fridays. Let me get my game on through the weekend.

My weekend this week is Tuesday and Wednesday.

Next week it is Wednesday and Thursday.

Enjoy your cushy M-F job, sucker. ;-)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ProtoSoundProtoSound Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ok, I'll spring for the pc version. Can I get an invite to the steam group?

Edit: Thanks

ProtoSound on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    lol, I love my 8:30-4:30 job, which... with the new house. takes 5 minutes to walk to. No more scraping the car of frost... just wake up at 8, take a 5 minute shower and head out.

Also can take off whenever I want.

Also gets a week off between xmas and new years.

Also gives black friday off.

Did I mention I love my job?

belligerent on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Posting hype in a hype thread.

Senshi on
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just went to Gamestop to trade in a bunch of DS and old 360 games.

The guy there told me I wouldn't be able to get a copy because I didn't pre-order. I lol'd and told him I'd see him at 12.

pardzh on
    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    pardzh wrote: »

The guy there told me I wouldn't be able to get a copy because I didn't pre-order. I lol'd and told him I'd see him at 12.

That or tell him you'll just stop by Walmart then as they will have plenty of copies. That goes over super if the store manager is around because that guy is driving business away from gamestop.

Even if you know you don't have enough copies you should still try to get people in the store as many of them will decide they came all this way out anyhow might as well pick something up and grab a XBL card or something else before heading over to best buy or walmart to get it.

iRevert on
  • Options
    AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    iRevert wrote: »
    pardzh wrote: »

That or tell him you'll just stop by Walmart then as they will have plenty of copies. That goes over super if the store manager is around because that guy is driving business away from gamestop.

Even if you know you don't have enough copies you should still try to get people in the store as many of them will decide they came all this way out anyhow might as well pick something up and grab a XBL card or something else before heading over to best buy or walmart to get it.

The thing to do would have been to invite him to pre midnight stuff and to just hang out and meet people.

Algertman on
  • Options
    pardzhpardzh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No manager was around, but I could tell he was just trying to get me in the store.

pardzh on
    gt: Bobby2Socks | steam: Billy Boot-Snatcher

You talk clean and bomb hospitals, so I speak with the foulest mouth possible
  • Options
    SickwithJusticeSickwithJustice Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey. So I didn't think I was gonna pick this up but the hype train ran me over.

Any chance I can get in on the steam group?

Here's my Steam profile.

SickwithJustice on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I want to make my MP player to look like John Matrix from Commando.

Algertman on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So is this super ultimate edition going to be in great abundance or super limited? Cause I can wait for 6 months if I have to and get it for 100 bucks instead of 150 if I have to. But if it's limited then I guess I'd have to jump on it now just to get that RC car with the built in camera. Have any reports come in about it being any good? Like 6 months ago one of my sources in Activision said that the tires were insanely cheepo on the prototype, but they might have made it better since then.

Also if I'm just trying to save money would you recommend I just buy it now, use my 20 dollars Amazon credit and collect another 20 dollars in credit for buying it before release, essentially getting it for 110 bucks instead of 150?

I'd love some opinions, because time is running short and I only so many hours left to decide. Few leaked reviews are saying it's a solid 8.5-9.5 game, but nothing on the quality of the RC car.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    MAspiderfaceMAspiderface Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well, crap.
    My friend said I can't have black ops from him because its $80 where he lives on steam.
    I am sad. Now I have to wait until christmas.

MAspiderface on
    camo_sig2.png
    XBL is FresherDeath12, PSN is MAspiderface2. (Play 360 more, MW2, etc.)
  • Options
    VanderbrentVanderbrent Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Algertman wrote: »

Vanderbrent on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    belligerent on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kiz wrote: »
    Soooo... I've got this on Steam and it runs like an old granny with a walking frame and two broken legs. Single player runs fine maxed out, MW2 ran fine with everything maxed out, but mplayer on this chugs and stutters so much even on minimum settings to the point where it's unplayable for me. Some other things I've noticed:

- It's not syncing up with my Steam profile properly (not picking up my nick, not picking up friends)
    - Tabbing out while it's at the main menu crashes (well, it did once!)
    - Server list likes to randomly omit the Australian servers

Any of you playing on PC heard anything about performance in mplayer? I've got no idea what the fuck to do, but this is unplayable, and my PC is easily good enough for it.

I had to update my drivers and turn off AA to get any semblance of playability in single player as well. Just tried the multi and it runs about the same (noticably worse than MW2). And then there's the massive lag issues on top of it all.

Anyways, I've put a couple of hours into the single player, and it is fucking retarded.

Rook on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ROFLMAOAMODNASDNFA

They copied halo so bad. Custom gametypes in your fileshare what?

belligerent on
  • Options
    gastr0cnemesisgastr0cnemesis Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So tired from my day, but so hyped. Standing in line in the cold the next 2 hours for this.

HYPE

gastr0cnemesis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So how many hours post midnight will it take for glitchers to exploit stuff. Is it already happeneing?

Algertman on
  • Options
    vallavvallav Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Whats a good time to head out and wait int he cold for a midnight release? 1 hour before? 2?

vallav on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think I shall watch an episode of BSG before going out to wait in line for this.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    vallav wrote: »
    Whats a good time to head out and wait int he cold for a midnight release? 1 hour before? 2?

1 Minute more than the last person who gets one.

OR

The least amount of time you can "waste" assuming that post-release minutes are worth more than pre-release minutes.

SLyM on
    My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I dont understand people waiting hours in line for this. At Gamestop, they make everyone pay and process their orders before midnight, and then just hand the products out to you when you show them your receipt. It takes MAYBE 15 minutes to get your game if you're in the back of the line.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    The Rocking MThe Rocking M Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    PC users might want to wait for a patch/Catalyst hotfix, as there are a lot of people suffering stuttering in-game over a wide variety of configurations, and turning off Catalyst seems to do the job, though some report it still stutters occasionally, though not as bad.

Does anyone else hate the chair? There's a disconnect between the mouse and keyboard - I don't expect to have my fingers already hovering over WASD/cursors when the game is launching, more focussing on the mouse to set up what options I like in a single or multiplayer game. Every time I've launched Black Ops I've felt annoyed at not having immediate control over the menu with my mouse, forcing me to reach for the keyboard. What's the point of it all? It looks nice but it's pretty stupid.

It's a minor niggle, but still... I'm sure the console users have immediate control over their menus.

Edit - I'm suffering from the stuttering myself, I'm playing at 1920*1080 (which is the resolution I play all my games on), most options set to high. I had anti-aliasing set to 2x and turned it off to see if it made a difference - none whatsoever. My system is an E8400, 8GB DDR2, Radeon 4870 1GB.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    jonny439jonny439 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

If they have chainmail I'm so making my MP guy Bennett

jonny439 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    jonny439 wrote: »

If they have chainmail I'm so making my MP guy Bennett

You know that movie is really all about gay sex right?

Algertman on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hope sniping is fun 8-)

At least being on the receiving end will be a better experience knowing the changes.

yeah, if you get whipped by someone with a sniper rifle you know it's because they're fucking good at it.

I.. I'm going to be fucking terrible.

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Commando, The Musical!

?

EDIT: Hahah, goddamnit, I forgot how funny this is.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

so he talks and I can understand him perfectly for about 50 seconds or so

and then 10 seconds out of every minute are just completely unintelligible

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Anyone post this sweet ass video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lhFWj0FSUo

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

so he talks and I can understand him perfectly for about 50 seconds or so

and then 10 seconds out of every minute are just completely unintelligible

It was like watching Volturo play.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dat Galil

have to be honest though, not too fond of the irons.

edit: hidden expat bonus - I understood everything he said due to my childhood being very brit-influenced

feels good, bruv

Senshi on
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    At gamestop now and people are playing black ops outside. Every person has picked the Stoner63 for their weapon...

Do we learn nothing from mw2? :(

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    burnbombburnbomb Vancouver, BCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Could I pleeease get an invite to the Steam group? Steam ID is burnbomb0.

BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPS!

burnbomb on
  • Options
    virtualboyvirtualboy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm sure this will come in handy after midnight, it's the Black Ops Intel Locations for all 42 Intels.

By the way, is that Ice-T for real?

"Zombiiiieees b*tch!" lol

virtualboy on
    acunningplan.jpg
  • Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    To be fair, the Stoner 63 is actually a pretty kickass rifle.

Mechanical on