As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Minimalist [Chat]

• Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

If your wife aspires to be on Bridezilla then you shouldn't even being marrying the dumb broad.

Oh hell no, we just like watching it for our 45 minutes of hate. Our wedding was a destination one in Vegas for cheap. My mother in law was the zilla with her outlandish demands and bitchy behavior.

Like she had never met my father ever prior to us getting married, within twenty minutes of meeting him she was asking what he was going to pay towards the after wedding dinner. Now she had never talked to me about this, and just said it out of the blue, that was fucking embarrasing.

I was speaking in general, I never got the impression that Mrs. Preach was the bridezilla type.

Watching the show =/= being on the show.

My mom watches Hoarders.

She's a just this side of a neat freak.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am going to be on Bridezillas and have a mental breakdown and end up in the hospital laughing and smearing my poop on the camera.

It'll be a commentary on the voyeuristic, mercenary, soulless nature of reality TV.

Why would they pay you to do what is already free to watch in your Youtube channel?

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    FINALLY i had a science idea that no one else has done yet

this is only important to me but i thought i would share

Share the idea. We won't steal it and if you put the sciencey words in pig latin it won't show up in a google search :)

Deebaser on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, checking wikipedia, it seems that I entirely missed the first album of theirs.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Elki wrote: »
    Drez. I downloaded some Rilo Kiley. Under the Blacklight. An odd #1 band (played) to have.

That's the weak album of theirs.

Is it? I'll get the others. I've been going a little download-happy with the zunepass.

More Adventurous is the best by a decent margin. The Execution Of All Things is good too. Under The Blacklight was rather different and not at all what they are good at.

Totally agree.

Though I really, really love The Initial Friend EP as well. Frug, Papillon, Sword, the other version of Always...actually I'm pretty sure I like every song on TIF EP.

Drez on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

If your wife aspires to be on Bridezilla then you shouldn't even being marrying the dumb broad.

Oh hell no, we just like watching it for our 45 minutes of hate. Our wedding was a destination one in Vegas for cheap. My mother in law was the zilla with her outlandish demands and bitchy behavior.

Like she had never met my father ever prior to us getting married, within twenty minutes of meeting him she was asking what he was going to pay towards the after wedding dinner. Now she had never talked to me about this, and just said it out of the blue, that was fucking embarrasing.

I was speaking in general, I never got the impression that Mrs. Preach was the bridezilla type.

Watching the show =/= being on the show.

My mom watches Hoarders.

She's a just this side of a neat freak.

Hoarders is interesting to me, I wouldn't want to watch too much of it, but its fascinating because you can see the evolution of what happened to them.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hmm, checking wikipedia, it seems that I entirely missed the first album of theirs.

Hahah jinx.

Get it! It's awesome. I love it immensely.

Drez on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Another show that would be good is one where it's just scenes of people hugging each other

reunions at airports, family reconciliations, friendly people, free hugs offerers, etc

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    WMain00 wrote: »
    WMain00 wrote: »
    Guys I has a tech question.

My 40" HDTV is 720p but also 1080i compliant. The PS3 has set itself to 1080i. What's better though?

It will scale everything to 720p anyway, so go with that. What's the actual native resolution?

No idea :P

EDIT: 1366x768.

Go with 720p, nominally. Otherwise whatever you like the look of better - though 720p will be easier on the eyes in the long term because it's not interlaced.

Okay doky.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Drez wrote: »
    I am going to be on Bridezillas and have a mental breakdown and end up in the hospital laughing and smearing my poop on the camera.

It'll be a commentary on the voyeuristic, mercenary, soulless nature of reality TV.

Why would they pay you to do what is already free to watch in your Youtube channel?

Because I'll be wearing a 6,000 dollar dress.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Drez wrote: »

Hahah jinx.

Get it! It's awesome. I love it immensely.

I don't really buy music these days and only The Execution Of All Things and Under The Blacklight are on spotify :P

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    Well, this SQL was mind-boggling.

Basically: I have one result table with two columns. I have another two-column table from a join, and I want to remove the rows from table 1 that have a matching row in column 2.

Sounded easy: WHERE t1.col1 != t2.col1 AND t1.col2 != t2.col2

But noooo, suddenly that removed things that didn't match. When I switched the AND to OR it gave the expected result.

I r confused. Guessing something to do with operator precedence.

Echo on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am slowly (rapidly) consuming all the gin & tonic in my house.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Another show that would be good is one where it's just scenes of people hugging each other

reunions at airports, family reconciliations, friendly people, free hugs offerers, etc

Free hug people are horribly creepy.

I've seen some good emotional fights at airports. I think I'd pay to see that too.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

I've seen some good emotional fights at airports. I think I'd pay to see that too.

Once I turned down a free hug guy on campus and he called me a prude and screamed BITCH!! after me

• Options
    edited November 2010

The whole "free hugs" thing has always weirded me out. To me it's always conjured an image of a fat sweaty person who I most definitely do not want to be touched by.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

The whole "free hugs" thing has always weirded me out. To me it's always conjured an image of a fat sweaty person who I most definitely do not want to be touched by.

Every one I've seen has been rather tubby and unkempt. I think it is the only human contact they get. And it suggests that prior to them attempting this that they had been paying for their hugs.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »

Share the idea. We won't steal it and if you put the sciencey words in pig latin it won't show up in a google search :)

omparative-cay omology-hay of-ay evelopmental-day enes-gay involved-ay in-ay asexual-ay eproduction-ray etween-bay wo-tay elated-ray orm-way amilies-fay

i don't know pig latin very well, is that correct?

Arch on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I don't mind the free Krishna hugs, but just random people trying to hug you is weird.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Echo wrote: »
    Well, this SQL was mind-boggling.

Basically: I have one result table with two columns. I have another two-column table from a join, and I want to remove the rows from table 1 that have a matching row in column 2.

Sounded easy: WHERE t1.col1 != t2.col1 AND t1.col2 != t2.col2

But noooo, suddenly that removed things that didn't match. When I switched the AND to OR it gave the expected result.

I r confused. Guessing something to do with operator precedence.

I'm guessing your aliases refer to the same table. Can't you just use one alias and call it a day? or am i reading it wrong.

WHERE
    t1.col1 <> t1.col2

Deebaser on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I don't mind the free Krishna hugs, but just random people trying to hug you is weird.

If they could get the Old Spice guy to do a free hugs campaign, I believe that would have universal appeal.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Every one I've seen has been rather tubby and unkempt. I think it is the only human contact they get. And it suggests that prior to them attempting this that they had been paying for their hugs.

The only people I've ever seen handing out "free hugs" were two rather pretty girls in London.

I still stayed away because like everything in London they were probably made mostly of soot and rats.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2010
    I'll check out those tracks where I'm not at work (where youtube is not OK, but pandora is (which totally makes sense)).

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    HerrCron wrote: »

The only people I've ever seen handing out "free hugs" were two rather pretty girls in London.

I still stayed away because like everything in London they were probably made mostly of soot and rats.

They likely would not have let go and then you'd have been sold into sex slavery.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    I'm guessing your aliases refer to the same table. Can't you just use one alias and call it a day? or am i reading it wrong.

WHERE
    t1.col1 <> t1.col2

Nah, two tables - one is the result from SELECT, the other comes from a view. If a result row has a match in t2 I want it removed from the result.

Echo on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cass is a prude

this is rich

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

omparative-cay omology-hay of-ay evelopmental-day enes-gay involved-ay in-ay asexual-ay eproduction-ray etween-bay wo-tay elated-ray orm-way amilies-fay

I don't know. I translated it back and it still doesnt make any sense to me. :P
    Then again I only have a slightly more advanced understanding of science than your average juggalo.

Deebaser on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2010
    Applying for job in: Philly.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

They likely would not have let go and then you'd have been sold into sex slavery.

yaaaaaaaay

tyrannus on
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Speaking of weird public interaction, I'm on the elevator this morning and two women get on, and the following conversation ensues:

A: So who was that, sending you all those freaky texts?
    B: Oh that was Henry, he was like, "So girl you like head or ass."
    A: *laughing*
    B: I was like "I'm all about head, I give head any damn time but lickin' ass, I'm on the fence about that."

At that point the doors opened and I got off but seriously what the fuck people.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Arch that is fucking esoteric. Describe what awesome things it may lead to for mankind!

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'll check out those tracks where I'm not at work (where youtube is not OK, but pandora is (which totally makes sense)).

Cool, let me know what you think.

And for the record, I haven't used my Zune in over a year, so what you are looking at with regard to my profile is outdated and likely highly inaccurate. For instance, if I check my other software, right now, my most played band is...Rilo Kiley.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Echo wrote: »

WHERE
    t1.col1 <> t1.col2

Nah, two tables - one is the result from SELECT, the other comes from a view. If a result row has a match in t2 I want it removed from the result.

so if Column 1 and Column 2 in both tables are the same you want them gone, right?

Deebaser on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Frankly, i can see an upside.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bill Maher interviews this conservative christian dude who is quite vehemently anti gay in his film. Towards the middle of the interview the guy gets pissed and tries to end the interview but Maher smoothes it over. Later he accuses the guy of "looking gay". The guy is not offended, and at the end of the interview he hugs Maher goodbye.

Then later in the film he interviews a Jew for Jesus and just rips into the guy over and over again, hilarious.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Cass is a prude

this is rich

Sir, are you accusing me of being an improper lady?

• Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Speaking of weird public interaction, I'm on the elevator this morning and two women get on, and the following conversation ensues:

A: So who was that, sending you all those freaky texts?
    B: Oh that was Henry, he was like, "So girl you like head or ass."
    A: *laughing*
    B: I was like "I'm all about head, I give head any damn time but lickin' ass, I'm on the fence about that."

At that point the doors opened and I got off but seriously what the fuck people.

o_O

WMain00 on
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

If the research doesn't pan out, just show your superiors video of two worms on the sidewalk fighting.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Cass is a prune.

Drez on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Frankly, i can see an upside.

Best get hugging those girls then.

Mojo_Jojo on
This discussion has been closed.