Options

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sufjan Stevens on vinyl?

I can almost hear your ironic beard growing :-D

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dude, yeah, and it's ironic as fuck.

Oh shit.

I'm wearing a Wilco shirt.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nah, I'm just kidding. I actually used to really like Sufjan Stevens. Sort of fell off my radar lately, though, with the BQE video project and whatnot.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    SvKSvK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    So for Christmas my girlfriend got me an awesome Netbook. Its a Dell Mini 1012. I fucking LOVE this thing.

But it just occurred to me. I havent had a Windows machine in almost 10 years. I have had the same PPC Mac for that entire time.

So...should I download Steam? Is that even viable on a netbook? What can I do with this thing?

IVE NEVER PLAYED PC GAMES AHHHHHHHHHH IM SCARED.

GOG.com will let you buy lots of Good Old Games (which your netbook can surely handle) for $10 or less. Baldur's Gate, Beyond Good and Evil, Giants: Citizen Kabuto, Neverwinter Nights, Planescape: Torment, Descent, Fallout, and so on. Most of the catalog is on sale for Christmas.

SvK on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I haven't posted my purchases in a few months so here is one large purchase dump from about October to current, including any Black Friday purchases I made:

Campingandvarious047.jpg

Also just because I finally pulled it out of storage and want to brag. This is a 100% complete ROB, and was one of the originals that I've had since getting my very first NES for Christmas all those years ago when my mother bought me the ROB bundle along with Castlevania and Ghosts and Goblins. :D

Campingandvarious046.jpg

Brainiac 8 on
    3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    FullChristmasHaul.jpg

ChristmasHaulBooks.jpg

ChristmasHaulGamesandDVD.jpg

Earth: The Book, A Dream of Red Mansions (completing my collection of the Four Classics of Chinese Literature), American Lion: Andrew Jackson in the White House, Words That Changed the World: 25 Speeches that Changed the World we Live in, Best Buy gift card ($35), Regal Theaters gift card ($25), chapstick, kickass dragon snowglobe, kickass dragon bookends, M&Ms, 1.6 oz. Hershey's Kiss, 2011 Simpson's wall calendar, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World DVD, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Andy Joe on
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    harvest wrote: »
    I just picked up a 160gb PS3 for myself. What are the system-exclusive must-haves here? I got MGS4, God of War 3, Soul Calibur 4 and Uncharted 2. I want to find Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3, but after that I don't know.

the Ratchet and Clank series is fantastic. Also Demon's Souls if you don't mind incredibly difficult games.
    Nah, I'm just kidding. I actually used to really like Sufjan Stevens. Sort of fell off my radar lately, though, with the BQE video project and whatnot.

You should listen to his new stuff, All Delighted People and the Age of Adz are both really good, much better than the BQE or Run Rabbit Run.

elevature on
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grabbed a use Twilight Princess because it's pretty hard to come by now. The disc is a little scratched, hopefully it works fine.

I didn't know Zelda on Gamecube was hard to come by.

Hrm..

I have mine still thankfully from many years ago.

Score.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I should post my Christmas haul. It was quite the haul, let me tell you.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i would like to see it

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grabbed a use Twilight Princess because it's pretty hard to come by now. The disc is a little scratched, hopefully it works fine.

Grats, you got the good version of Twilight Princess! A lot of people made the mistake of getting the Wii version sadly, which was good only for soft modding the console.

Moioink on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Moioink wrote: »

Grats, you got the good version of Twilight Princess! A lot of people made the mistake of getting the Wii version sadly, which was good only for soft modding the console.

Um...buh? Widescreen + Pointer Controlled Bow FTW.

And I loved how visceral using the Wii remote for the sword felt.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    MoioinkMoioink Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Um...buh? Widescreen + Pointer Controlled Bow FTW.

And I loved how visceral using the Wii remote for the sword felt.

I hated the controls on Wii. Binary waggle to attack is rubbish.

But it gave me the homebrew channel so all is forgiven.

Moioink on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I liked shaking the remote to swing the sword.

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I didn't like how the whole game was mirrored just so that Link would be wielding his sword right-handed.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Christmas gifts, from my awesome parents. I also got a new phone, which is being used to take the picture. The hard drive came at the perfect time, to combat the great war of the steam sale.

20tl404.jpg

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just ordered that hard drive :D I think, is it the 500 gig one?

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I just ordered that hard drive :D I think, is it the 500 gig one?

2TB. A little more than I really need. But at least I won't be running out any time soon.

You won't be disappointed with yours, it's good stuff.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Oh yeah, I know. The Wii version is garbage. Even when I bought the Wii at launch with the Wii version of TP, I took it home instantly and knew it was garbage. And that was when I was still pretty enthralled with the Wii (I was digging Trauma Center at the time).

I took it back the next day for store credit and patiently waited the month for the real version.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    eobet wrote: »
    Awesome christmas present from my awesome girlfriend!

outrun20cds.jpg

I love this.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »

I didn't know Zelda on Gamecube was hard to come by.

Hrm..

I have mine still thankfully from many years ago.

Score.

Really? Whoops. Sold my copy on Amazon for 20 bucks.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Oh yeah, I know. The Wii version is garbage. Even when I bought the Wii at launch with the Wii version of TP, I took it home instantly and knew it was garbage. And that was when I was still pretty enthralled with the Wii (I was digging Trauma Center at the time).

I took it back the next day for store credit and patiently waited the month for the real version.

Funny, that's what I did as well, but I bought it new and just got my money back.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    Gotcha ForceGotcha Force Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gotcha Force on
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    26-816-001-TS?$S300W$

Got those today

Corsair CA-HS1NA USB Connector Circumaural Headset

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    These should be it 'till January.

1-96.jpg

A list of unremarkable gets, aside from Muramasa.
    I have a used copy, and I've been patiently waiting for the copy at my local Blockbuster to drop in price for... well, most of the year. I'd never seen a sealed copy anywhere else, and the damned thing's been holding steady at fifty bucks for months.

Tonight I went into a Wal-Mart, hoping to find a cheap copy of Gears of War or something to flesh out my fledgling 360 library - not that I can really afford it, but I love hunting for deals. Anyway, there's Muramasa brand new, sealed, for thirty bucks.

"I can afford it," I tell myself. (I lie.) "I'll just... smoke less cigarettes between now and payday."

So I get the lady to fish it out of the display, and lay forty bucks on the counter.

"Eleven twenty," she says.

Hm, I think, that's more change than I should get back...

She pushes one of the two twenties back to me, and charges me $11.20 for it.
    Awesome+Face+400.png
    Yeahhhhhhhhhh!

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    KrisKris Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Jesus. Was that at a Canadian Wal-Mart by any chance? If so, I'm heading out tomorrow to try to find a copy!

Kris on
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It was indeed! The last copy at the Unicity Wal-Mart in Winnipeg.

If you've got a 360, they also have Mass Effect 2 for a cool $20.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Guess who's going to Wal-Mart tomorrow to get Muramasa? This guy!

SirUltimos on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i am still waiting on your christmas haul photos

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    GUYS WAL-MART PRICE CUTS ARE EXTREMELY YMMV SO FAIR WARNING IT PROBABLY WON'T BE THAT PRICE AT YOURS

Though now I'm tempted to see what the price is on that Okami that's been in the case at mine forever.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I don't know if it's a price cut, but tonight my Wal-Mart had the DJ Hero 2 bundle for $65

That's only five dollars more than the disc version's MSRP

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I don't know if it's a price cut, but tonight my Wal-Mart had the DJ Hero 2 bundle for $65

Yeah I've seen DJ Hero for $60 at multiple retailers around the Christmas holidays...tempted to get it but I don't need a second turntable.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Best Buy has it on sale this week for $59.99.

Amazon has the 360 version for $56.06 and the PS3 version for $54.99.

MyNameIsWalrus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    More like 40.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    edited December 2010
    My Amazon package for today:

IMG_0132-1.jpg

After the talk of Uncharted 3, I really wanted to go through the first game again.

Borderlands GOTY. I enjoyed Borderlands but haven't played it since launch, so all that new content is new to me. And early DNF demo access!

Remember that Tron controller I had? Well...let's just say it started showing a pretty big problem; the Left Trigger would stick. Not the button itself, that would spring back as it's intended to, but in games like Super Meat Boy and GTAIV it was clear that something was not registering and the LT would stay in the "depressed" state for long periods of time. So I got this controller which includes a play and charge kit for $50...not too bad considering.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bayonetta.jpg

Bayonetta was being advertised at $34 Australian, so I sprinted (drove) to EB and the guy there brought me out a copy. The price tag said $55 but then when he scanned it through it came up as $28! I haven't even played it yet and so far each experience I've had surrounding this game has been great, so obviously the game itself must be incredible.

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's pretty great.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh this is just wonderful :D

IMG_0135.jpg

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bayonetta.jpg

Bayonetta was being advertised at $34 Australian, so I sprinted (drove) to EB and the guy there brought me out a copy. The price tag said $55 but then when he scanned it through it came up as $28! I haven't even played it yet and so far each experience I've had surrounding this game has been great, so obviously the game itself must be incredible.

If you switch off, don't take it seriously and enjoy the ride, it is indeed a glorious game.

Also that Duke Money code is awesome, but you may wish to block out the code

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've already used it

UnbreakableVow on
This discussion has been closed.