As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yay
    IMG_0851%5B1%5D.JPG

vamen on
  • Options
    bfickybficky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nice. I'll have to keep Wal Mart in mind for warranties. Did you pick up a Move with that? I've been messing with mine since turkey day and think they should start bundling them with every PS3 frankly.

I've been pleasantly surprised with Walmart's extended warranty program. It was only $29 to add 2 years to the 80GB PS3's warranty (so 3 years total). I bought it June 2008, so I have about 6 months left. The first time it YLODed, I called up the 800 number, they emailed me a UPS label, I dropped it off at a UPS store on a Wednesday, and it was fixed and on my doorstep the following Friday. I didn't think that YLODs were fixable, so I was surprised that they actually got it working again, but I wasn't shocked when it died again. I'm pretty confident it will die in the next six months, and then I can get my $500 back (assuming they don't try something shifty and attempt to replace it with a current PS3 system in lieu of paying me... my argument that a BC PS3 and a new slim are apples and oranges should work, but you never know). I bought the warranty again, and it was down to $20, but I guess that's because the console has gotten cheaper.

I bought the $99 Move bundle a day before my first YLOD, so I considered switching it out for the $399 console bundle then, but when they actually fixed it, I abandoned that idea. I'm liking Move so far, but I only have Sports Champions and some demos to play.

Woah, right on cue, I get this:

99211d51-1.jpg

in my email, so I guess I have a new Move game to try out. I don't think this has to do with my LBP2 preorder, so others may be getting this as well. Check your emails.

bficky on
    PSN: BFicky | Switch: 1590-9221-4827 | Animal Crossing: Brandon (Waterview) | ACNH Wishlist
  • Options
    Junior YankJunior Yank Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Junior: you can't say you have the Soejima artbook and not post images. That's criminal.

I don't have a scanner, but here are a few (crummy) pictures, since you asked:

Persona:
    dec10007-1.jpg

dec10008.jpg

dec10009.jpg

dec10011.jpg

Stella Deus:
    dec10012.jpg

Other:
    dec10013.jpg

And very recent pickups:

dec10011-1.jpg

Breaking Bad S1 is $15 at Best Buy. Fawlty Towers is $25 at Barnes & Noble; they're selling British TV DVDs for half off of list price, which puts it several dollars less than Amazon.

And this is Best Buy's exclusive version of Inception. It's really just the standard 3-disc Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, with the Shooting Script in book form (it's been available since September), in a sleeve with a different front cover.

dec10001.jpg

Some shots of the interior of the scriptbook, if you're interested (I'm assuming that this has already been covered in the Inception thread(s) on these forums, but I haven't been keeping up):
    It's mostly script, with some storyboard mixed in:
    dec10005.jpg

Some of Nolan's handwritten notes:
    dec10004.jpg

Some concept art is in there too:
    dec10002.jpg

And near the end, there's a PASIV user manual:
    dec10006.jpg

On the way from BN.com: BBC's Life on Blu-Ray (Attenborough narration). They had it on sale for $20 a little while back.

Junior Yank on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That scriptbook is awesome, I'll have to look into getting one in the future. Are digital copies still standard definition?

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My copy of Back to the Future trilogy on Blu-ray just arrived, and I would take pictures, but I first have to say...

...OH MY GOD FUCK THIS CASE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I love Inception, even though some parts make no damn sense.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Finally got around to unboxing the Epic Mickey figure. It's so cool lookin' and actually bigger than I expected it to be. Definitely worth the extra $13 alone.

img2788k.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Holy shit

Thanks thread

I completely forgot that Inception came out this week

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dashui wrote: »
    My copy of Back to the Future trilogy on Blu-ray just arrived, and I would take pictures, but I first have to say...

...OH MY GOD FUCK THIS CASE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Guess you haven't read all this thread.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Even though the pain from seeing the shitty case actually killed him, Dashui had enough time to type out AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well Joseph of Arimathea managed to carve it onto that cave wall.

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't mind the back to the future case.

However I also collect the Simpsons TV seasons on DVD so I am used to shitty cases.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    THEPAIN73 wrote: »
    I don't mind the back to the future case.

However I also collect the Simpsons TV seasons on DVD so I am used to shitty cases.

The Simpsons cases weren't so bad until Season 11 rolled around, but by that point the case was the least of your problems.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Simpsons is Simpsons. I love them.

I am going on a one month spending freeze.

So no photos from me for a while.

I may slip in here with a photo of my newest DVD wall but I would like to see if I can do it.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Junior: you can't say you have the Soejima artbook and not post images. That's criminal.

I don't have a scanner, but here are a few (crummy) pictures, since you asked:

Persona:
    dec10007-1.jpg

dec10008.jpg

dec10009.jpg

dec10011.jpg

Stella Deus:
    dec10012.jpg

Other:
    dec10013.jpg

And very recent pickups:

dec10011-1.jpg

Breaking Bad S1 is $15 at Best Buy. Fawlty Towers is $25 at Barnes & Noble; they're selling British TV DVDs for half off of list price, which puts it several dollars less than Amazon.

And this is Best Buy's exclusive version of Inception. It's really just the standard 3-disc Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack, with the Shooting Script in book form (it's been available since September), in a sleeve with a different front cover.

dec10001.jpg

Some shots of the interior of the scriptbook, if you're interested (I'm assuming that this has already been covered in the Inception thread(s) on these forums, but I haven't been keeping up):
    It's mostly script, with some storyboard mixed in:
    dec10005.jpg

Some of Nolan's handwritten notes:
    dec10004.jpg

Some concept art is in there too:
    dec10002.jpg

And near the end, there's a PASIV user manual:
    dec10006.jpg

On the way from BN.com: BBC's Life on Blu-Ray (Attenborough narration). They had it on sale for $20 a little while back.

Fawlty Towers is(one of) the best fucking show(s) ever. I could watch a single episode of it every day for the rest of my life and never not laugh.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That is a really neat book.

I just don't think I could read it more than once.

THEPAIN73 on
  • Options
    Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Fable III sucks. Don't get it unless you like being thoroughly disappointed.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shady3011 wrote: »

Fable III isn't that bad.

Also, this has been bothering me for a while, elf Cammy has a penis buldge.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Fable III isn't that bad.

Also, this has been bothering me for a while, elf Cammy has a penis buldge.

Fable III is worse than Fable II and that's saying a lot to be honest. The best I can say about Fable III is that the voice acting and writing are worth checking the game out.

As for Cammy, that's Sakura's arm.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh, wow that picture is pretty awesome..

Also, Ha! Sakura can't keep her arm from looking like genetalia. (Her elbow looks vag-ish at certain angles in SFIV)

Skull2185 on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

a lionhead studios game completely failing to live up to expectations? No way!

Rent on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rent wrote: »

a lionhead studios game completely failing to live up to expectations? No way!

Look, I was expecting it to be at least as decent as Fable II and it didn't even meet that modest goal.

Shady3011 on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't see it. Where is the genitalia?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    While some of the stuff is actually from last month, I posted them together with my newest pick-up, a friend simply gifted Me an Iphone 4 today ! (My current Nokia is next to the box)

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=405cbfe3-0314-11e0-9356-001e0bcc07ec&Aux=2154|0|8CD65382E643100||0|1|0|0|7|5&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

Picture is not that fancy, did it with the Iphone, but its remarkably small for some odd reason, tips for improving this would be appreciated.

Pictured is Bayonetta (got it for 5$), Call of Duty Black Ops, Fallout New Vegas and last but definately not least, a brand new Iphone 4

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sirialis wrote: »
    While some of the stuff is actually from last month, I posted them together with my newest pick-up, a friend simply gifted Me an Iphone 4 today ! (My current Nokia is next to the box)

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=405cbfe3-0314-11e0-9356-001e0bcc07ec&Aux=2154|0|8CD65382E643100||0|1|0|0|7|5&maxwidth=220&maxheight=160&size=Att

Picture is not that fancy, did it with the Iphone, but its remarkably small for some odd reason, tips for improving this would be appreciated.

Pictured is Bayonetta (got it for 5$), Call of Duty Black Ops, Fallout New Vegas and last but definately not least, a brand new Iphone 4

If you want to upload straight from the iPhone, I used the official Imageshack application over at post #195 for an idea of the results you get straight from the iPhone.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I went to get Arkham Asylum.
    They were out.
    So I bought everything else.

7NZK

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Folklore is high on my list, since it was made by the godfather of SMT(Cozy Okada). I hear it's not very unlike an SMT game.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You capture creatures to do combat with, so yeah, kinda.

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Any thoughts on Rorona, cj? You're like one of the four people who would even care on the board, I think :P

Also I played Folklore's demo back when and loved it exactly enough for to put a $20 price point on it in my head. It finally hit $20 so I grabbed it whee

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The protagonist is cute. That's about all I know.

And it was made by Gust, so it's bound to be pretty if nothing else.

Oh, and item mixing. Lots of item mixing.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Freakin' Epic Mickey, making me want to spend obscene amounts of money for the Walt Disney Treasures sets. (Eyeballing "Mickey Mouse in Living Color" on eBay for $63.99)

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Folklore is 10 bucks at my local Best Buy.

Oh, and I just played like two hours of Rorona. Loads of alchemy, items, and exploration, but damn does it feel basic.

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'll have to pursue this locally.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Folklore is 10 bucks at my local Best Buy.

Oh, and I just played like two hours of Rorona. Loads of alchemy, items, and exploration, but damn does it feel basic.

I just played 5 minutes of Rorona and it is the most adorable thing ever. Like I had to turn it off lest I get sucked in and never come back out.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    As I understand it, I think you need to start devoting yourself to a game or two. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You frequently mention all the awesome games you've yet to play, so...

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Couple pickups this time!
    IMG_0089.jpg

Red Dead Redemption soundtrack on vinyl, and a copy of 3D Dot Game Heroes from Amazon's black friday deals.

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That vinyl looks fucking sweet as hell!

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    dsc00560j.jpg

[emperorvoice] The circle is now complete! [/emperorvoice]

Sexy ass new 25 Anniversary Mario Wii thanks to the persuasion of Maximum Zero, some shipping issues caused a delay. I'm a happy lad regardless.

Also Venture Bros and Vanquish. Both are sooo good.

Missing from the pic though is Always San Chome No Yuhi, which my housemate nabbed. Delightful film, absolutely wonderful.

Waka Laka on
This discussion has been closed.