As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2010 - Send/Receive gifts! Read OP for new rules. NSF 56k, deadbeats

• CogliostroCogliostro Marginal Opinions Spring, TXRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    North of Houston is pretty cool. You should move into Montgomery County :)

Cogliostro on
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    Legba wrote: »
    Flate rate.

Plus 7% GA Sales Tax.

Plus Dry Cleaning of the suit I'll wear.

Do I get to pick the suit?
    Hotdog-Costume-22766.jpg

No.

photo-1.jpg

if I could whistle
    I would

Kochikens on
  • LuvCherieLuvCherie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    For gaming systems, I have NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, GBA, DS, PS1/2/3, Xbox 360, Genesis, and Dreamcast

That's my NES and N64 and you know it! You thief you! :P

LuvCherie on
    "I have many skills."
    Making: LuvCherie Jewelry
    Writing: Fibropreneur.com
    Shopping: Amazon Wishes
    Socializing: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
    Gaming: Xbox Live, Playstation, Steam
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Sheri wrote: »
    Apparently no other schools in the whole country offer degrees in photography

No other schools in much better places :P

It's the only school that is located where we have any sort of family that offers photography. I've got 2 kids. We need someone around. It's the only reason why we left Fort Myers for this shit hole of a town.

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited November 2010
    skettios wrote: »
    Reposting with some edits to help my Satan more...

Dear Satan,
    First off, here's my Amazon Wishlist. It's a work in progress.

Plushies of all shapes and sizes. Examples.. I have a giant pig named Abner, a stuffed triceratops named RinRin, and I have Appa
    Baking
    Cooking - learning how to!
    Games. I have an xbox360, a DS, and a PC. Fan of Munchkin and recently got Catan.
    Comics. I'm new to these. Only have Scott Pilgrim and The Last Unicorn.
    Diet Pepsi.
    Doodling. I have a sketchbook that I've been trying to draw in at least once a week.
    Reading. Fantasy and SciFi. I've enjoyed Song of Ice and Fire, Dresden Files, Hyperion, Discworld, Gaiman's books, and some other stuff. If you have a must read that isn't well known, shoot it my way.

Dislikes:
    Scary things!! I'm a HUGE wimp this includes movies, games, etc.
    Spicy stuff.
    Sunburns.
    Pink.

Misc:
    Women's shirt size is L/XL. Mostly just depends on the length and chest area. Longer is better!
    Men's shirt size is S/M. Again, depends on the length.
    I like the colors blue, green and purple.
    I wear all colors except for pink (solid pink, I'm ok if it's there just not the whole thing being pink) and red (I turn red really easily so not very flattering to have my face match my shirt..)
    If you're crafty, feel free to send me homemade stuff :D
    I do not own a bluray player

Hope this helps!
    If you need to talk to someone, irtehmongoose is your best bet cause he's my SO.

I have MoMo! We also like/dislike the same colors. ....freaky. :lol:

LuvCherie on
    "I have many skills."
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Orlando's not too bad. We all like photography and could be photo buddies. Problem is, there is shit all to want to take pictures of here.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Flate rate.

Plus 7% GA Sales Tax.

Hotdog-Costume-22766.jpg

No.

photo-1.jpg

if I could whistle
    I would
    you know how to whistle, don't you Steve?

Antimatter on
    edited November 2010

UAA offers a Digital Arts under which you can emphasize photography. :>

Cogliostro on
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Cogliostro wrote: »

Even if I moved there I'm still not going to make out with you...geez!

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    LuvCherie wrote: »
    skettios wrote: »
    Reposting with some edits to help my Satan more...

Dear Satan,
    First off, here's my Amazon Wishlist. It's a work in progress.

Plushies of all shapes and sizes. Examples.. I have a giant pig named Abner, a stuffed triceratops named RinRin, and I have Appa
    Baking
    Cooking - learning how to!
    Games. I have an xbox360, a DS, and a PC. Fan of Munchkin and recently got Catan.
    Comics. I'm new to these. Only have Scott Pilgrim and The Last Unicorn.
    Diet Pepsi.
    Doodling. I have a sketchbook that I've been trying to draw in at least once a week.
    Reading. Fantasy and SciFi. I've enjoyed Song of Ice and Fire, Dresden Files, Hyperion, Discworld, Gaiman's books, and some other stuff. If you have a must read that isn't well known, shoot it my way.

Dislikes:
    Scary things!! I'm a HUGE wimp this includes movies, games, etc.
    Spicy stuff.
    Sunburns.
    Pink.

Misc:
    Women's shirt size is L/XL. Mostly just depends on the length and chest area. Longer is better!
    Men's shirt size is S/M. Again, depends on the length.
    I like the colors blue, green and purple.
    I wear all colors except for pink (solid pink, I'm ok if it's there just not the whole thing being pink) and red (I turn red really easily so not very flattering to have my face match my shirt..)
    If you're crafty, feel free to send me homemade stuff :D
    I do not own a bluray player

Hope this helps!
    If you need to talk to someone, irtehmongoose is your best bet cause he's my SO.

I have MoMo! We also like/dislike the same colors. ....freaky. :lol:

:D h5!

skettios on
    edited November 2010
    Dear Satan,

I guess I should also mention that anything with milk or whole grains is a no-no for me (this is new so I didn't think about it). If I'm posting this too late, no probs, I'm sure The Geek and our roommate will love the foodstuffs. :mrgreen:

LuvCherie on
    "I have many skills."
    edited November 2010

That would be quite impossible since I no longer live in Alaska. I live in Houston, silly man.

Besides, you're not my type.

Cogliostro on
    edited November 2010

That would be quite impossible since I no longer live in Alaska. I live in Houston, silly man.

Besides, you're not my type.

I'm nobody's type.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I live in Terre Haute, Indiana right now. Almost anything is better. Plus I kind of want to go to UCF for photography.

what the fuck get out of there it smells funny all of the time there

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ok Satan just to supply you with some background info if you'd like to go your own way for ideas.

Things that I am interested in.

Drums and drumming: I am a super retard beginner but I do have a kit - 5 piece Pearl Export - currently in pieces due to renos) so any teaching tips or aids would be rad. I do not have a metronome.

Video games: (PC or 360) pretty much all genres but my PC is ancient history at this point and was last upgraded in 2005 or so. Retro games are almost universally appreciated, my SteamID is RabidDeathMoose in case you're looking to gift some steam hotness. 360 id is also RabidDeathMoose.

Volleyball and Soccer: I play competitively at a pretty high level. Socks, shorts, tape, movies if you can find any!

Track + Field. Any information bought or provided from the Charlie Francis store would be monstrously amazing. (I've got the Charlie Francis Training System and Speed Trap already just fyi.)

I love cooking and learning about it. My wishlist should give you some ideas about which celebrity chefs' styles I gravitate towards and who I enjoy reading about or listening to.

Or you can make up your own ideas and completely go off the rails, it's all good! I'm easy.

Happy Satan'ing!

RabidDeathMoose on
    edited November 2010
    I live in Terre Haute, Indiana right now. Almost anything is better. Plus I kind of want to go to UCF for photography.

I know! We only moved here because we wanted to be close to family and it was between Terre Haute or Brainerd, MN. Terre Haute sort of won by default.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I know! We only moved here because we wanted to be close to family and it was between Terre Haute or Brainerd, MN. Terre Haute sort of won by default.

well I guess one good thing about terre haute is that it's close to Indy and Bloomington if you ever wanted to hang with forumers

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hello Satan

I made the first x in my sig less vague. I have a wish list in there! But seriously if you need any help, ask bombardier or feebsicle or larlar or kochikens or campion
    Or get someone random to ask me whatever you need to know

mully on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yo Satan

Updated my sig thingy with some other ideas that I did not totally rip from mully

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SATAN. BUY ME ONE OF THESE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHJnEQDkq3o

THE ANNOYING CHILDREN'S TOY NOT THE ASIAN OR THE UKULELE

George Fornby Grill on
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Got most of my shopping done! Probably going to send it all out next week. Exciting!

I also love reading this thread and trying to guess who has who for their satan/satanee

Didgeridoo on
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Amazon shipped my order, now I just have to find some wrapping paper and figure out if I can make a card that will be funny instead of creepy

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Kochikens wrote: »
    Flate rate.

Plus 7% GA Sales Tax.

Hotdog-Costume-22766.jpg

No.

photo-1.jpg

if I could whistle
    I would

you can't smell
    and you can't whistle

what can you do, kochi?

mully on
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    She's without the ability to smell things? Really?

DrZiplock on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    DrZiplock wrote: »

no, she lacks the ability to give off any scent

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »

no, she lacks the ability to give off any scent

Both have interesting connotations.

DrZiplock on
  • LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Obviously, she's a robot.

Legba on
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Guess it's time to make a gift list...

RMED's Awesome Gift Guide For Kick-Ass Secret Gift Giving Persons
    Gift Ideas

Here's my Amazon Wish List.

I'll probably be updating it off-and-on over the course of the next couple of days. I'll try to finalize the list by the end of the month so that I'm not shuffling it until the last possible minute.

List of Stuff That I'd Probably Like and/or Dislike

-Books: Pretty much anything in the game background/sci-fi/comedy genres. Karen Traviss is a personal favorite, as well as Eric Nylund. I'm always open to new stuff though, so if there's a book you personally enjoy, feel free to pass it on. Historical/factual accounts (i.e. 1776, Team of Rivals, books like that) are pretty low on the pecking order, but if you think it's worth a read, feel free to pass it on. This probably goes without saying, but please, no partisan political books (i.e. Glenn Beck, Keith Olbermann, etcetera). Graphic novels are okay as well, but you might want to make sure it’s something that a first time reader would get. I read a lot of webcomics (i.e. MS Paint Adventures, Hark! A Vagrant, stuff like that), so if a webcomic is good, and it has a decent book, that would be cool too. Penny Arcade books are always awesome as well. I’d like to start learning how to draw, so if you know a thing or two about art, and if you know about any good books for someone just starting out, those would be pretty cool as well.

-Games: If it's good, I'll probably like it. I own a 360, a DS, and a Wii. No PC games please, my laptop is a complete and utter piece of shit; it can run WoW okay, but anything more sophisticated (i.e. L4D, TF2) and it lags like a piece of shit. I'm also shopping around for a gaming headset right now (Turtle Beaches, Astros, etcetera) but not anything ludicrously expensive; if you find a cheap rig, and you wouldn't mind buying it, I'd appreciate it.

-DVDs: The PA: Season One DVD is really the only thing I want in the DVD department right now. So there’s that.

-Music: An iTunes card would be a pretty cool thing (amount is completely up to you). If you just want to gift an album or something, my only preference is that it doesn’t suck. I’m big into ska (Reel Big Fish mostly) and stuff like that, but I’ve got some pretty eclectic tastes; if it sounds decent, feel free to pass it on.

-Clothes: Shirt size is XXL. Surprise me.

-Tech: I could always use a new flash drive. If you wouldn’t mind spending a fair bit of cash, I wouldn’t mind a 360-compatible capture card and some film editing software; I’ve always wanted to make my own machinima. However, that shit is kind of ludicrously expensive, so that’s really low on the list of expectations. Other than that, I’m not really a tech expert kind of person, so if you do buy something tech-related, making sure that it’s luddite-friendly would be greatly appreciated.

-If you are made of money, or happen to be Robert Khoo: PAX East would be a nice Christmas present. If you happen to have a spare pass lying around somewhere, that would be pretty awesome. I can probably scrounge travel and hotel fare up on my own, but I wouldn’t object to a little bit of help on that front. This is crazy low on the expectations scale though. In the interest of full disclosure, I’m still going to school, and I don’t know how my test schedule might end up working out, so this is kind of a risk. But if you’re cool with it (and I mean, really cool; seriously, please don’t buy this unless you are absolutely certain that this is fine, it’s a lot, and I’m not expecting it anyway) this would be a ridiculously cool Christmas gift, and I'd be more than happy to reciprocate in any way possible.

-Homemade stuff: Absolutely fine. But please, nothing NSFW if you can help it; I'm flexible on this, but please keep in mind that I still live with my family, and I'm certain that it would be a rather awkward conversation about why a bunch of penis-shaped cookies ended up on our doorstep. If it's NSFW but really awesome, go for it.

Just to get this out of the way; PLEASE DO NOT SPEND MORE THAN YOU NEED TO. It really is the thought that matters, and anything you send will be super cool. Just please, don't go out and spend an amount that is ludicrous. This probably goes without saying, but I'd feel like a dick if I didn't include it.

That’s really all I can think of. If there’s anything you’d like to know about, feel free to hit me up through an intermediary.

Thanks for doing this, I really appreciate it.

Gratefully yours,

RMED. =)

11/27/10 EDIT: Oh, hey, quick update, Lexxy is selling some sexy Homestuck swag in her shop. If you're still shopping around, this would be pretty awesome.

Thanks! =)

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If I had the time, I would crochet a ton of stuff just for all the people on here that are awesome, and send them out around Secret Satans time

Maybe I should do that next year

Start in, like, April

Sheri on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How hard is it to crochet like 5 things?

Hunter on
    edited November 2010
    If I had the time, I would crochet a ton of stuff just for all the people on here that are awesome, and send them out around Secret Satans time

Start in, like, April

How long does it take to crochet a hat or some other similar item?

Raijin Quickfoot on
    edited November 2010

Start in, like, April

Not long at all. I can do about one a day, if I have a few hours to sit down and get it done.

Sheri on
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Start in, like, April

Not long at all. I can do about one a day, if I have a few hours to sit down and get it done.

old-woman-crocheting-dolls.jpg

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    edited November 2010

Start in, like, April

old-woman-crocheting-dolls.jpg

:x

Sheri on
  • CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    easy Sheri

dont want to get too excited

you know, your heart condition and all

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
    edited November 2010
  • M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sheri forgot about my cube! My christmas is ruined

M.D. on
    edited November 2010
    Dear Secret Satanee:

I have just sent out your gift. It is coming from a website. I know that is impersonal, but there are some things that I think you will very much like. I am also going to send out a HAND WRITTEN card today so that the items can have a race, to see which gets there first. I am guesstimating 2 - 4 weeks. Okay, I lied, the website guesstimates that, not me.

Your friend,

mully

mully on
    edited November 2010
    You better be sending me a pony mully. And a barn to keep it in. I'm pretty sure they won't let us keep it in the apartment.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Oh god, I'm turning into Jordyn.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
This discussion has been closed.