Options

so...uh...Cars 2

• Options
    LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hahaha, VI, your mum is going to hear about you crushing my childhood memories.

Liiya on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Haven't read through the whole thread, so I am not sure this has been brought up yet:

I have an friend that does animation for Pixar. He got "stuck" (his words) working on Cars 2 and said he got the impression the only reason Pixar was making a second Cars was because the first gave them huge merchandise money. The second is mainly to make more merchandising money. That's why we see planes, lots of new gadgety cars, etc.

He did say that he wanted to be put on the team making the movie coming out after Cars. He seriously can't stop raving about how it will be the best movie Pixar has ever made. Won't give me any info, for obvious reasons, but he tells me its going to be amazing.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    and I don't have a problem with that

movies is expensive

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't have a problem with it either because I can just not see it and they're still working on other better projects at the same time.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pip are you telling me the series finale of Dinosaurs is not an accurate depiction of the dinosaur extinction

For the longest time I thought that was a multipart episode and always wanted to see the last part to see how they got out of that cliffhanger.

D:

Lars on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    They died.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Haven't read through the whole thread, so I am not sure this has been brought up yet:

I have an friend that does animation for Pixar. He got "stuck" (his words) working on Cars 2 and said he got the impression the only reason Pixar was making a second Cars was because the first gave them huge merchandise money. The second is mainly to make more merchandising money. That's why we see planes, lots of new gadgety cars, etc.

He did say that he wanted to be put on the team making the movie coming out after Cars. He seriously can't stop raving about how it will be the best movie Pixar has ever made. Won't give me any info, for obvious reasons, but he tells me its going to be amazing.

That would be Brave, and it's directed by Brad Bird, whom you might remember from The Incredibles and Ratatouille. THAT one is going to be grand.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I wonder who was the director of Cars.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I wonder who was the director of Cars.

John Lasseter. He's also directing this one.

His other ones were Toy Stories 1 & 2 and A Bug's Life.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Nerindil wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    My list is
    1. Who
    2. Gives
    3. A
    4. Shit

I still haven't seen A.

The animation is shit, the store is shallow, it's emotionally manipulative, I hate rainbows and Pierce Brosnan is a catamite hth I have oppinions! Look! Look at me!

Am I doing it right, Kusu?

i don't know?
    i think it's disturbing that you're using my name at all, person i've never seen before

especially when i havent complained about emotional manipulation or stores at all

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Kusu it's your Druhim is Old joke.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dinosaurs as a whole: Not Extinct.

(WARNING: the following may not be 100% accurate to how it actually happened)

utahraptor.jpg

|
    |
    |
    V

imageResize2.jpg

|
    |
    |
    V

FemaleCassowary.jpg

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    well you used ascii arrows so it must be true

Franko on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So is this the movie where we find out that that giant rock is the spaceship the car aliens used to re-colonize earth, right?

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    we find out - as the camera pulls back in the finale minute of the film - that it was all in the mind of an autistic child, playing with his hotwheels in order to escape from his parents in the same room screaming bloody murder at each other about how difficult it is to care for him and how they don't have the financial means to do it anymore

fin

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    we find out - as the camera pulls back in the finale minute of the film - that it was all in the mind of an autistic child, playing with his hotwheels in order to escape from his parents in the same room screaming bloody murder at each other about how difficult it is to care for him and how they don't have the financial means to do it anymore

fin

:(

jackal on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    One thing I learned about Cars: Kids love it. My 5 year old nephew is obsessed... and I don't think he was really cognizant or even born when the movie was in theaters. This is how good Disney is at advertising and marketing to children.

GRMike on
  • Options
    TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    CARS 2: GIT' R' DUN'

Talkc on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    not nearly enough apostrophes

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Kusu it's your Druhim is Old joke.

ohhhhhh

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    after watching finding nemo again, gotta say it's got my favorite soundtrack

Shabooty on
  • Options
    SaintSaint Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

fin

Isn't this how Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends ended?

Saint on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Saint wrote: »

fin

No, but it was a comic that someone made.

6d6c97b50f8660563ce1d2072875b69f.jpg

Which itself is a parody on the last episode of a popular 1980s tv medical drama.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SAINT ELSEWHERE

Antimatter on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Yes, I know. I was trying to not say it just in case there was an off chance that someone may have been watching it on DVD or something.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh dammit, thanks for the spoilers, Anti.

:(

(Kidding, I have only heard of the show because of the ending)

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    whoooooooooops

(me too, BFL)

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think I have spoiled the ending to so many movies with Wikipedia.

The crying game, Soylent Green, etc.

The only one I hadn't intentionally spoiled was Citizen Kane. No, that one was accidental.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think I have spoiled the ending to so many movies with Wikipedia.

The crying game, Soylent Green, etc.

The only one I hadn't intentionally spoiled was Citizen Kane. No, that one was accidental.

Literally the only thing I know about all three of these movies is the spoiler ending.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I know a little about Citizen Kane. But the others? Yeah, I know the ending and that's it.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Interstella 5555 kinda ended that way.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Planet of the Apes

man what is it with Charleton Heston and movie spoilers

Antimatter on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Charlton Heston was in a Treasure Island film
    he played Long John Silver
    Christian Bale was also in it
    he played Jim Hawkins
    Christopher Lee was in it
    he played Blind Pew
    Oliver Reed was in it
    he played Billy Bones

that was such an awesome movie
    it hasn't come out on DVD and my parents threw away the tape

Tam on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've known about the Citizen Kane twist for so long I usually forget it's supposed to be a twist

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    XiaNaphryzXiaNaphryz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dunno if this is posted in the thread yet, but if Cars 2 is at least as dumbly entertaining as this bit, I'd be satisfied:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAek_Okema8&fmt=22

XiaNaphryz on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Geek wrote: »
    Saint wrote: »

fin

No, but it was a comic that someone made.
    6d6c97b50f8660563ce1d2072875b69f.jpg

Which itself is a parody on the last episode of a popular 1980s tv medical drama.

I really want to watch some St. Elsewhere sometime, considering all the good actors that were in it.

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    SillenderSillender Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    XiaNaphryz wrote: »
    Dunno if this is posted in the thread yet, but if Cars 2 is at least as dumbly entertaining as this bit, I'd be satisfied:

Mike and Sully cars at 3:41!

Anyways, that was pretty fun and I agree.

Sillender on
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    XiaNaphryz wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAek_Okema8&fmt=22

I would watch an hour and a half of just this

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2010
    That was unexpectedly fantastic.

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ahahahaha, donuts, oh my god

Tam on