Options

so...uh...Cars 2

2456713

Posts

  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Actually I shouldn't say that

    Thomas Newman as usual handed in a phenomenal score

    But outside of the music I just didn't like a single thing about the film. So take your pick of literally anything else about the film and I was not happy with it.

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    okay this goes beyond bad taste

    this is you being a broken person

    YaYa on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh man...

    not even the dancing in space?

    CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also I find it absolutely hilarious that they did the whole live action thing and made the humans at the end of the film their fat descendants

    Just

    No

    No one's animation is quite at that level, not even Pixar's

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i don't think so

    i think a lot of people are a bit naive about just how blunt and unsophisticated the emotional manipulation in your average pixar film is

    bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    UnbreakableVow, I totally respect everyone's rights to have their own opinions about shit.

    I mean, I'm not exactly Mr. Popular Opions here.

    But you've got Up at almost the bottom of your list? And you think Wall-E had no redeeming qualities? I mean, seriously?

    You are an idiot.

    Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204


  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh man...

    not even the dancing in space?

    Especially the dancing in space

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    i particularly disliked wall-e.

    Hi5

    The rest, in order, because that's what this will become

    1) Ratatouille
    2) The Incredibles
    3) Toy Story
    4) A Bug's Life
    5) Monsters, Inc.
    6) Finding Nemo
    7) Up
    8) Toy Story 2

    Oh wait I just remembered I have also not seen Toy Story 3 either, although I want to. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.

    I can accept this list with minor, insignificant swaps. For instance, I'd probably flip 1 and 2.

    But then, comparing a Brad Bird film against another Brad Bird film is like comparing two Hittori Hanzo swords. It just isn't done.

    Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hooray, tarantino introduced, thread saved

    let's talk about kill bill 3

    bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    well me and my kids enjoyed the hell out of it

    guess im pretty unsophisticated

    CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sorry that I'm not smart enough to hate pixar jezz

    YaYa on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    hooray, tarantino introduced, thread saved

    let's talk about kill bill 3

    man, you jumped on that tangent path in record time

    Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    oh cry me a river

    i've never seen such a weak defence, don't you have some chutzpah in you?

    bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    hooray, tarantino introduced, thread saved

    let's talk about kill bill 3

    I hope it's better than Volume 2

    I hated Volume 2 for two reasons:

    1) We didn't get to see a Michael Madsen swordfight

    2) No fight against Bill! I'm not saying don't use the technique, just...I was expecting something fantastic. It's weird that all the best fights were in Volume 1.

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
    edited November 2010
    I didn't hate Vol 2, but Vol 1 did have way better pacing and payoff.

    Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love Michael Madsen

    Him going out like a bitch is enough reason for me to hate anything

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Haha, I hate all of Tarantino's work after Jackie Brown. Except the bits where Hans Landa were talking in that world war two movie.

    Peter Ebel on
    Fuck off and die.
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    hooray, tarantino introduced, thread saved

    let's talk about kill bill 3

    I hope it's better than Volume 2

    I hated Volume 2 for two reasons:

    1) We didn't get to see a Michael Madsen swordfight

    2) No fight against Bill! I'm not saying don't use the technique, just...I was expecting something fantastic. It's weird that all the best fights were in Volume 1.

    i don't hate vol.2 but it bugs me a bit how different it is to vol.1. vol.1 is streamlined like a motherfucker and doesn't have a lot of the trademark dialogue, whereas vol.2 falls for it a bit. but i disagree about the ending, i think the end of it is perfect. the final climax of domesticity is really apt, especially considering the central narrative drive of motherhood.

    bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm grateful for Volume 2 though, because I was unfamiliar with David Carradine before that

    Afterward I bought Death Race 2000 (which is awesome) and all three seasons of Kung Fu (also awesome)

    UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    man

    if you're a carradine fan, you gotta watch the silent flute (aka circle of iron)

    bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Kill Bill could've benefited from an editor slapping Tarantino around and telling him to stop being silly and just make it one film.

    There was no reason for it to be split up; it's not as if he had a massive amount of plot to cover.

    SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kill Bill could've benefited from an editor slapping Tarantino around and telling him to stop being silly and just make it one film.

    There was no reason for it to be split up; it's not as if he had a massive amount of plot to cover.

    nah no fucking way

    it's not about plot. plot is nothing.

    tarantino is all about scene, and i would challenge you to tell me a scene in either of those films that isn't worthwhile.

    bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Superman story scene where Tarintino shows that he has no fucking idea about Superman.

    Bloods End on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bloods End wrote: »
    The Superman story scene where Tarintino shows that he has no fucking idea about Superman.

    i reckon it's a pretty good insight to superman as a broad character, and, more importantly, a necessary insight to the bride in the context of the film

    bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Eh I'll probably see this anyway.

    Also Ratatouille is probably near the bottom of my Pixar list actually.

    And Kill Bill Vol 1 was fantastic and Vol 2 was pretty decent, I'm looking forward to Vol 3.

    Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    I liked Up.

    It's on Netflix instant.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The two Kill Bill volumes have different tones and paces because Tarantino was aping different cinematic traditions

    Vol 1 was more of an Eastern kung-fu movie

    Vol 2 was more of a Western, well, western movie

    Vol 3 will be a Pixar musical

    thanimations on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    I love Tarantino movies.

    Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited November 2010
    WHERE'S MY INCREDIBLES 2 ( THE ONLY ONE THAT DESERVES A SEQUEL)

    FUCK THIS GAY EARTH

    IMMA GO FLIP OVER A TABLE IN DISGUST

    WHILE SHOUTING OVER THE INTERNET

    basically yeah

    they're finally putting it on blu-ray (in Spring 2011)

    Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How To Train Your Dragon was surprisingly good for a Dreamworks CGI feature

    I was expecting another Fish Tale or Shrek

    CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

    c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    How to train your dragon was spectacular in 3D

    Also megamind was actually pretty decent

    However, to bring it back to pixar, cars was fairly enjoyable and I look forward to the sequel so suck on them apples

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    mullymully Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ugh, Cars. The only Pixar movie I would not watch again.

    mully on
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm actually pretty excited for this, they seemed to have refined the specific Cars formula since its original release. A lot of the little shorts they've done with Cars have been great and it looks like they're continuing that upwards slope here.

    Javen on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    this is the first pixar movie that i am not actively looking forward to

    I'll see it, I will give it a chance, pixar had earned that benefit of the doubt

    plus they surprised me with toy story 2, so woo

    Raneados on
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    also, my favorite pixar movie is finding nemo, because i went through a 2 year long phase in college where me and my friend would put it on literally every night before we went to bed, and I would have vivid dreams about fishies

    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    JustPlainPavekJustPlainPavek Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This probably won't be a priority for me but I will see it. I'm more interested in seeing how Brave turns out.

    Also Wall-E was amazing, you heartless bastards

    JustPlainPavek on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Cars ain't as bad as y'all like to cry it is

    Cars is imo a pretty excellent movie about finding yourself and realizing it's not the destination in life, it's the journey you take that matters

    Cars 2 looks like some Dreamworks bullshit

    Rent on
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Whoa whoa whoa some people don't like Pixar?

    What the fuck is wrong with you?

    SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have no real interest in Cars but that isn't because it is a bad movie, it's because it is literally not for me.

    Every young kid I know goes apeshit for Cars.

    They wanted to make a movie aimed specifically at young kids and the proof is in the pudding.

    Tasteticle on

    Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
Sign In or Register to comment.