Options

The defining [experimenting with bestiality] of our generation!

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tonks is the witchiest witch to ever witch a witch.

Solar on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    mensch what the fuck.

Goose! on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yeah i know

i should probably wait till the weekend

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mensch why.

Solar on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    lyricalwizardiwasgoingt.gif

JoeUser on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hahahaha

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    JoeUser on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hahaha what

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I've had almost zero exposure to Harry Potter until about two or three days ago. Never read the books, I had seen bits and pieces of one of the early movies but the sound was turned down.

But my girlfriend's friends are some superfans. Like, go to wizard convention and concert fans. So I eventually got curious and we rented all of the movies, since they were like $1 a piece for rentals.

In the middle of the 4th movie, really enjoying them so far. Sadly I already know one of the mega spoilers from watching people do spoiler drive bys at the book releases.

'Shame I didn't get into this whole scene earlier.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    JoeUser wrote: »

These guys are great.

E: also going saturday with a bunch of friends to a matinee showing.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2010
    the best harry potter game is the rpg they made for the game boy color

uh sorry the best one is lego harry potter followed by quidditch world cup

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mensch I love you

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So this movie is actually mostly the camping and moodiness?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There is literally one chapter where there is nothing done but camping/moving

Goose! on
  • Options
    mcpmcp Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Goose! wrote: »
    There is literally one chapter where there is nothing done but camping/moving
    It felt like way more than one chapter.

Like, half the book was "Well... umm... yeah, I dunno what to do." "Hmm... Yeah, me either."

mcp on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I'm pretty sure there's more than one chapter of them wandering in London/in the woods and RELATIONSHIP problems.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    ThreadbareSockThreadbareSock Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hopefully they realized that would make for shit movietime and abridged it.

ThreadbareSock on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I've read the book more than once, and just recently finished it over the summer. There was mention of it in the course of other events, but there are other important things going on usually around it.

Goose! on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    As someone who saw this last night, I really liked this. Way more true to the books, though stuff is still missing. There was a lot of akward/funny parts.
    Harry and hermonie naked, and they introduce bill and explain his back story in about 5 seconds.
    All and all one of my favorites of the series, though it just made me want to see the next one

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Also several chapters are equal to 10 maybe 15 minutes in the movie

Bucketman on
  • Options
    ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    GODDAMNIT. The theater nearby has been sold out of midnight premier tickets for three weeks. D:<

I guess I'll be going tomorrow night. Hopefully they're not sold out of tickets for tomorrow... I really should have thought ahead about purchasing them.

I'll... I'll be dressed up in my Ravenclaw uniform. :winky:

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You could always try going to the theater and seeing if anyone has an extra ticket.

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I expect to hear from you jerks when you get back.

Goose! on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm not watching it (gotta work with other prints while those two are playing), but we had people sitting in the theater three hours before showtime taking pictures of themselves sitting in the theater.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Do you...do you work as a projectionist?

Goose! on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yup.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That sounds awesome.

Goose! on
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My wife as Tonks a couple days back, just before she headed off to the midnight screening.
    5189276876_a8a136017e.jpg

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I cannot wait for this

Seeing it Saturday night...after spending the whole day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios!

Been planning this shit for months

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just saw this.

It was good.

Ending is a kick in the nuts though.
    Seriously, ending on Dobby's death is really depressing.

I mean, if you want to end on something, end with Harry deciding to pursue the Horcruxes, not the Hallows. It's less depressing, and it gives some sense of conclusion to the movie.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I hated the third movie, the fourth was completely awful, fifth was of middling quality and sixth I skipped, but this one I enjoyed a lot. Probably the best of the bunch. Certainly had the most beautiful visuals.

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    OkamiOkami On the internet nobody knows you're a dog. Nobody. Land of Ports, OreganoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    All the midnight tickets for the iMAX version are sold out. There's 3am tickets available, though. But fuck that.

Looks like I will not be seeing this until Friday night at the earliest.

I went to a 3AM imax of Watchmen, it was kind of cool coming out and seeing the sunrise after the movie

Okami on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Duro

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That sounds awesome.

Eh its a mixed bag. I got to watch it last night because of it, but we have 4 digitals running right now and the one physical print we have is interlocked. Ever hear of interlocking? Well here we don't have any speical equiptment for it so its basically the game mouse trap. And as the projection manager I ger to sit here and watch it

Bucketman on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited November 2010
    Definitely not my favorite of the bunch. It's honestly like 70% exposition, which maybe would be better if I hadn't already read the exposition? I mean, it looked nice, and it's nice they broke up how ridiculously dour everything was with a few bits of humor, but I dunno.

At least it made sure part two will feature a bit less talkin'

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just saw this.

It was good.

Ending is a kick in the nuts though.
    Seriously, ending on Dobby's death is really depressing.

I mean, if you want to end on something, end with Harry deciding to pursue the Horcruxes, not the Hallows. It's less depressing, and it gives some sense of conclusion to the movie.

well, I mean
    The story starts with a homicide, and almost every plot development in the novel is the result of another homicide. In an ideal world, you want to end the film when Potter loses his faith in the fairness of the universe. You want it to end exactly when it did, right when an unessential character dies for no reason.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bucketman wrote: »
    That sounds awesome.

Eh its a mixed bag. I got to watch it last night because of it, but we have 4 digitals running right now and the one physical print we have is interlocked. Ever hear of interlocking? Well here we don't have any speical equiptment for it so its basically the game mouse trap. And as the projection manager I ger to sit here and watch it

We used to be able to interlock, but then they replaced two of the interlocking projectors with digital projectors so whoops. Just running two 35mm prints of it this week, and they're both running in just one theater apiece at the moment.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sabre, you and I should interlock sometime.

:winky:

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sixth I skipped .... Certainly had the most beautiful visuals.

HBP had some pretty fantastic cinematography as well. It had other issues, but it was a really beautiful film.

I loved DH1. I think that's a logical place to end it because
    after all the discussion that takes place at Shell Cottage, the big climax - starting with their break-in of Gringotts - is basically a 24 hour span. Even though it lasts 200-whatever pages. You kind of can't stop anywhere in there. And ending on pure exposition wouldn't have worked, there needed to be an emotional climax, not just "and this will set up part two".

Also yeah I cried.

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just got back from seeing this!

Loved the animation in that one animated part, that was awesome.

The best part was the look on my friends faces when they see people are dressed up for this shit; they have never seen any sort of rabid fanbase before.

The movie theater took the hour of everyone sitting in the theater as an opportunity to toss out some of their old movie posters no one wants. Dude behind me yelling "WHAT THE FUCK. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE ME AN EAT, PRAY, LOVE POSTER."

also, after seeing the Voyage of the Dawn Treader trailer I really need to go re-read those books.

George Fornby Grill on