As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Forums Secret Santa 2010 - LETTERS TO SANTA + PICTURES OF ARRIVED GIFTS

• Options
    burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I loled when I received my secret santa gift:
    giftb.jpg

And guess what? It includes a personally made breakfast. <3

The random nature of it all means, breakfast was always meant to be. Remember kids, start your mornings right!

burnttoast45 on
  • Options
    SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    giftb.jpg

The random nature of it all means, breakfast was always meant to be. Remember kids, start your mornings right!

lol Merry Xmas Jerk!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
  • Options
    chupamiubrechupamiubre Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well my Santa the ever dapper Decius went all out for my gifts.

First he got me some great smaller poster.
    XYXJi.jpg

Then a nice large poster of dr.gonzo
    4cLd5.jpg

I also received a 1000 foot roll of biohazard tape. I am now prepared for the apocalypse.
    lBEyB.jpg

and lastly a nice hiding place for various items.
    wUlox.jpg

I would like to give a big thank you to decius for going above and beyond the call of duty for this amazing set of gifts. Also for smalllady for setting of the secret Santa thread this year.

chupamiubre on
    <ZeroHourHero> I have a tiny penis
    <Qs23> I just need to get my dicks in a row
    <prox> i work for dicks
    #paforums_pax, all about the dicks.
  • Options
    DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You're welcome chupamiubre. Glad you like everything.

Decius on
    camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    giftb.jpg

Omg that's amazing!

I've always considered brunch a sport here in Boston.

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    (To the tune of Celes' aria in FFVI)

Oh my Santee
    Where for art thou?
    Did you get my present yet
    From USPS,
    they are not the best:
    In fact they suck, I bet

Please do tell me
    when you get it
    I will cry great tears of joy
    come rain, sleet, or hail
    They should send the mail:
    then you'll have your new toys!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    To My Santee,

I hope you enjoy you gifts when you receive them. They are on their way! I just wanted to give you a heads up. They are shipping from different places, so one is likely to arrive on a separate date than the other (I tried REALLY hard to coordinate, but no luck). That being said, If you recieve the smaller of the two first , know that more is on the way! = D

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • Options
    crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    erm, to my santee-

While this will mostly give me away, since you gave me a range of dates when you will not be home, i opted for the later. Please know your gift will be arriving very shortly after christmaschanukwanza. Have a happy holiday

The Crackgoblin

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My lovely Santa got me wonderful Monty Python awesomeness!
    secretsanta003.jpg

The hat in all it's glory as modeled by my eldest:

secretsanta005.jpg

And the knight after a small skirmish with kid #2

secretsanta008.jpg
    Also, delicious bawls. Mmmmmm, the taste of PAX. <3 I love you Santa!!!

Edit: Also to my santee: your box is next to my door for mailing tomorrow! :D

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santa,

I am very sorry for not writing you sooner. School's been a beeotch. I have a list of likes in my profile.

I am an art student, I love arts and crafts, so anything handmade wins. Or world peace.

This is becoming extremely difficult so I'm going to end it there. Good Luck?

Sumi

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • Options
    JonnyNeroJonnyNero Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Chaosisorder wins at Santaing. And I have photographic proof.

After giving a very vague description of what I liked, I arrived home after work to find a box in my room. I opened it up, and it literally exploded with awesomeness!
    DSCF0165.jpg

I kept digging and more and more stuff poured out. I think she found an actual bag of holding.
    DSCF0178.jpg

A very beautiful card started off the avalanche.
    DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

It's pointing too a line that says "Best Wish For You And Happy New Year"

Inside the card was a gift certificate to Kitsch Bent, my favorite site for modding materials for a particular wrapped gift that was in the box.
    DSCF0175.jpg

Underneath that was the infamous bag that held a mouse pad that had a party atmosphere...
    DSCF0172.jpg

A book with words, for the people...
    DSCF0169.jpg

You may be able to officially call me a dirty commie when I get done reading it

And a game, sure to drive you insane.
    DSCF0171.jpg

Under the bag was a pretty sweet scarf, and the most awesome shirt to ever awesome!
    DSCF0176.jpg

I, for one, welcome our benevolent alien overlords.
    DSCF0177.jpg

And under that, was a bunch of paper out which you can make things.
    DSCF0170.jpg

I honestly can't believe how generous Chaos was. And I am infinitely humbled. I'm going to go on record however, that I'm not going to accept this generocity without a little pay back (especially with having to ship all this from China). So for all to see...I proclaim that the majority of Chaos drinks, alchoholic or not, will be on me the next PAX Prime!!

It's honestly the least I could do to show my thanks for such amazing gifts!

*hopes to get her again next year :p*

EDIT: It keeps coming...kick ass button in bottom of bag get!

JonnyNero on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Anyone who has ever doubted her awesomeness is mad.

Sumi on
  • Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    @JonnyNero That bundle of stuff reeks of win, truly amazing. I too am humbled :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Holy crap. That's absolutely amazing. O_O

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My secret santa present arrived JUST NOW.
    It's filled with awesome stuff (a bacon wallet and an awesome LOST t-shirt).
    Pardon the bad photos, all I have is a crappy webcam right now.
    Thanks Slicehawk!
    20101215113613866.jpg
    20101215113818110.jpg
    20101215113835558.jpg
    20101215113921057.jpg

I should be shipping my secret santa gift near the end of the week.
    HAPPY HOLIDAYS.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    My Seekrit Santa was BrokenAngel although she made no mention of the fact it was her but I'm stealth like that yaknow.

I got home to find the mail in the living room annnnddddd...
    21mvxqs.jpg
    ...a package near the treeeee!

I quickly tore it open to find tons of goodies, including:

330xqj7.jpg
    An awesome letter detailing the epic journey that created my Seekrit Santa gift. I love stories. And letters. Well written ones at that! So happy. :D

I also got this ADORABLE little creature fashioned from artic beast pelt! I named her Schmoopie. She is a Nintendo DS holder. I have 2 DSes, so my DSi can be a good Schmoopie skeleton for the time being.
    15ekdpw.jpg24uxqaa.jpg

Along with Schmoopie a fantastic collection of politically correct bedtime stories, to set me straight as I go off to the land of Nod :)
    258q8ev.jpg

I was also sent some festive York glasses! Somehow, however, they made my vision worse no matter how I adjusted them. They smelled faintly of chocolate and peppermint, so after a while I could not help it but eat them. There was also a bag of candies which I would have taken a picture of but they are all in my belly now.
    11rrfrs.jpg

Lastly but not leastly, a copy of Bayonetta procured from a traveling merchant:
    2yo9yky.jpg
    Alas! The merchant swindled you! I do not own a PS3. :( But I will find one! Or borrow one! Or trade the game via other merchants to get an Xbox version. No worries! :)

Thank you SOOOOOOO much for your present. It made me really happy amidst a really stressful last couple of weeks. <3 Please allow me to buy you a drink at the next PAX, yes yes? :) I will bring and reunite you with Schmoopie after giving it much tender loving care.

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Meep! I'm so sorry Miss Juju! For some reason I had it in my head that you needed the PS3 version >.< Oi, Santafail.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Wow, people have been really creative with their Secret Santa presents. No one has yet owned up to being mine as yet, but I do keep getting mysterious stuff arriving through my door.

I have sent mine by the way, I can't wait to hear what they make of my present.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited December 2010
    If you are on this list and shouldn't be, ie, you received your gift. Please post asap on the forums. Thx

List of Not yet received:
    Artemis
    cabsy
    Caelesto
    CaptainTapole
    QuickSnap
    ChronoHawk
    tehnakki
    ClickPicTony
    crackgoblin
    Cynd3rCyn
    Decius
    EruditeAphrodite
    Eugal
    feitocomfruta
    Frugus
    SmallLady
    ky13
    MelesMeles
    Mystral721
    Neuroslice [Slicehawk]
    Parabola
    Pinder
    ProXimity
    punzie
    Qs23
    Chaosisorder
    Rdr
    Rogue_hunter
    heels
    Sumi
    That_Spoony_Bard
    Valantine
    Wingedillidan
    Vthornheart
    Twinkie

SmallLady on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dear Kropotkin,

You've been very good this year. Here at the North Pole we appreciate your dedication towards creating wonderful forum badges. Even I have trouble getting Mrs. Claus to make enough Christmas cards. I hope you enjoy your gift. The elves forgot to update the workshop calendar and shipped out the initial present a little earlier than I liked. A secondary package may have now arrived due to our exceptional raindeer squad. Once again thank you for all that you do and for being an awesome Paxer!

Ho Ho Ho
    Santa

burnttoast45 on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SmallLady wrote: »
    If you are on this list and shouldn't be, ie, you received your gift. Please post asap on the forums. Thx

List of Not yet received:
    Artemis
    cabsy
    Caelesto
    CaptainTapole
    QuickSnap
    ChronoHawk
    tehnakki
    ClickPicTony
    crackgoblin
    Cynd3rCyn
    Decius
    EruditeAphrodite
    Eugal
    feitocomfruta
    Frugus
    SmallLady
    ky13
    MelesMeles
    Mystral721
    Neuroslice [Slicehawk]
    Parabola
    Pinder
    ProXimity
    punzie
    Qs23
    Chaosisorder
    Rdr
    Rogue_hunter
    heels
    Sumi
    That_Spoony_Bard
    Valantine
    Wingedillidan
    Vthornheart
    Twinkie

Please cross off tehnakki's name...or yell at her.

Proof she got it!

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have not received one yet... I've been so busy worrying about the fact that my Santee didn't get his, I didn't even think about it until now!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have not received mine either--neither for this one or for Twitter Secret Santa. Personally, though, I think my local USPS has a thing against me. I ordered quite a few things the during Black Friday weekend.and I have yet to receive it.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    kk, i've updated my records :)

SmallLady on
  • Options
    Cynd3rCynCynd3rCyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santee,

You should be receiving your gifts soon. Be forewarned though, they may be shipped in a box labeled from MasterTech. (My uncle offered to handle it for me from his business with UPS).

Hope you enjoy it!

Cynd3rCyn on
  • Options
    FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I did not receive mine yet, though I admit I did not check my mail yesterday.

Also...
    Juju wrote:
    Please allow me to buy you a drink at the next PAX, yes yes? I will bring and reunite you with Schmoopie after giving it much tender loving care.

It would be a shame if most of us did not do that :)

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dear Kropotkin,

You've been very good this year. Here at the North Pole we appreciate your dedication towards creating wonderful forum badges. Even I have trouble getting Mrs. Claus to make enough Christmas cards. I hope you enjoy your gift. The elves forgot to update the workshop calendar and shipped out the initial present a little earlier than I liked. A secondary package may have now arrived due to our exceptional raindeer squad. Once again thank you for all that you do and for being an awesome Paxer!

Ho Ho Ho
    Santa

Many many thanks to you for this excellent gift. Munchkin Cthulu edition is a fine game and one that stands well along side my fledgling collection of tabletop games. The expansion pack was also a welcome surprise as that will add much to the hilarity that is Munchkin. You can never have too many Munchkin cards my friend. That rule is almost up there with Wheaton's Law. Almost.

Thank you once again. If you're attending a PAX this year then I'd love to play a game of Munchkin with you. Or anything else that takes your fancy. Unless it's called Agricola. That game is a piece of TURD.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Regarding My Giftee:

According to my Tracking one of my gifts has been delivered, the other still needs to ship (GAH!), it still says it's arriving before X-mas, so hopefully that still happens.

Regarding My Gifter:

As I said in my emails before, I moved and filled out a change of address form before the gift being sent to me was delivered. (Though I don't know who my sender is still) The tracking information says it was delivered to my old residence on 12/06, however my previous roomates say they do not have any packages, or mail for me.

Sadly, I think that either:

My old roomates took it (It was a bad move out process so it's possible I guess...)

or more likely they wrote "MOVED" on the shipping label and threw it back outside. Either way, as I said in my email please don't punish my sender if the gift is lost in the postal system.

I'm sorry for all the trouble and I'd like to apologize to my sender if this doesn't result with a happy conclusion = (

ChronoHawk on

ach.png
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My tracking shows 2/3 packages delivered to my giftee. I'm assuming that they are just waiting until the 25th to open them.

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ChronoHawk wrote: »
    Regarding My Giftee:

According to my Tracking one of my gifts has been delivered, the other still needs to ship (GAH!), it still says it's arriving before X-mas, so hopefully that still happens.

Regarding My Gifter:

As I said in my emails before, I moved and filled out a change of address form before the gift being sent to me was delivered. (Though I don't know who my sender is still) The tracking information says it was delivered to my old residence on 12/06, however my previous roomates say they do not have any packages, or mail for me.

My old roomates took it (It was a bad move out process so it's possible I guess...)

or more likely they wrote "MOVED" on the shipping label and threw it back outside. Either way, as I said in my email please don't punish my sender if the gift is lost in the postal system.

I'm sorry for all the trouble and I'd like to apologize to my sender if this doesn't result with a happy conclusion = (

can you call your local post office about this? because if they kept the package, that's theft and a serious crime.

SmallLady on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    SmallLady wrote: »
    ChronoHawk wrote: »
    Regarding My Giftee:

Regarding My Gifter:

can you call your local post office about this? because if they kept the package, that's theft and a serious crime.

I'm working on it.

Post office doesn't have it,

and UPS told me to get in touch with the original shipper and have them arrange to pick it up and send it to the new address.

No response from the roommates either (which is nothing new)

I'll keep trying

ChronoHawk on

ach.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hmm. There is a package for me at the post office. Is it Santa, or just a coincidence?

Sumi on
  • Options
    MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Frugus wrote: »
    Juju wrote:
    Please allow me to buy you a drink at the next PAX, yes yes? I will bring and reunite you with Schmoopie after giving it much tender loving care.

I agree. We should all allow Juju to buy us a drink.

MelesMeles on
  • Options
    feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey,

I have a bit of a conundrum. I got a sweet gift in the mail today. I'll include pics later.

Here's the problem: there is a name on the billing address, a name in the note section, and neither are the same name. I'm part of two Secret Santas this year, and because they are real names and not forum names, I'm confused. I have this strange feeling that some random person on Facebook (where the name in the note is from, apparently) sent me this gift.

So please, Audrey or Carolyn, of whom neither are ducks, if you sent it, please send me a Private message so I can thank you properly.

feitocomfruta on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    Frugus wrote: »
    Juju wrote:

I agree. We should all allow Juju to buy us a drink.

Hell, it's my home turf. If you can get me I'll take you to my favorite pub (5 min bus ride from the BCEC) and I'll buy ya round. ;)

juju on
    [E]
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have not received mine either--neither for this one or for Twitter Secret Santa. Personally, though, I think my local USPS has a thing against me. I ordered quite a few things the during Black Friday weekend.and I have yet to receive it.

I found out from a coworker today that a postal worker in the city where I work was caught stealing a ton of people's packages. He'd resell whatever he took.

He was fired but my friend said that he wasn't even charged with that much! I hope someone throws the book at him. What a jerk. Hope you're not in the same situation.

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey,

I have a bit of a conundrum. I got a sweet gift in the mail today. I'll include pics later.

Here's the problem: there is a name on the billing address, a name in the note section, and neither are the same name. I'm part of two Secret Santas this year, and because they are real names and not forum names, I'm confused. I have this strange feeling that some random person on Facebook (where the name in the note is from, apparently) sent me this gift.

So please, Audrey or Carolyn, of whom neither are ducks, if you sent it, please send me a Private message so I can thank you properly.

I think that one's from me! Sorry - I thought I put my forum name in the gift note. Hope you like it!

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • Options
    EugalEugal United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gift is sent! Be warned though i believe its sent unlabeled (websites and there stupid not gifting options) I will send a card to but it might come at a different time.

Eugal on
  • Options
    That_Spoony_BardThat_Spoony_Bard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sooooo

I got a package from ThinkGeek! I got the Zombie Protest Hoodie & Zombie Dice! Right now I don't have a camera available (my phone camera is being fail) but I will post a pic when I can!

Now....for the real question....which one of you is Matt C.?

That_Spoony_Bard on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Many many thanks to you for this excellent gift. Munchkin Cthulu edition is a fine game and one that stands well along side my fledgling collection of tabletop games. The expansion pack was also a welcome surprise as that will add much to the hilarity that is Munchkin. You can never have too many Munchkin cards my friend. That rule is almost up there with Wheaton's Law. Almost.

Thank you once again. If you're attending a PAX this year then I'd love to play a game of Munchkin with you. Or anything else that takes your fancy. Unless it's called Agricola. That game is a piece of TURD.

Awesome. I've actually never played Munchkin before.. Good time to learn :)

burnttoast45 on