As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX Forums Secret Santa 2010 - LETTERS TO SANTA + PICTURES OF ARRIVED GIFTS

• Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    No, that ornament design isn't mine. Glad you like the presents!

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ky13 wrote: »
    Dear Santa,

I do not believe in good or evil, so I think I was an appropriately human human this year. What I want for Christmas this year is to abolish Christmas. I realize this would put you out of a job, but I believe that we should give each other gifts all year round whenever we feel like it. If you can't find it in your heart to eliminate Christmas, then please find someone or some group who could really use some food or warmth or other basic necessities of life, please help them out in my honor.

Otherwise, I like drinkware. =)

-Kyle

Santa is awesome! =)
    Dear Kyle,
    Unfortunately I cannot abolish Christmas for you. Were it not for the guilt inspired by this capitalist gift-giving holiday season, charities such as World Vision and the Salvation Army wouldn't collect any donations. Besides, I'd be out of a job. I have instead made a donation in your name and would like to invite you to spend the funds as you wish. Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year.
    -S.
    P.S. Selflessness is rewarded; Part 2 is in the mail.

ky13 on
    Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Secret Santa,

I have no clue who you are, but the board game is fantastic, it plays similarly to a game my friends play while drunk, but this has pictures, so thus its even better.

Im going to bring it to our new years party/birthday bash for two of my friends and I who's birthdays are all on the 22nd of December.

Also, Santa, you neglected to put your name on the gift, so REVEAL THINE SELF AND ACCEPT MY GIFT

Well fret no more sir for it is I, Kropotkin. Maker of forum badges and all round British person :)

I was very worried that you had not got the present as I ordered it from Amazon US site, not UK. I feared they would freak over me using a UK credit card, but no; all is well. This makes me a very happy bunny (no pun intended).

Dixit is an excellent game that I have given to a few people this Christmas. I've just returned from one of my brothers who received a copy also. If we meet at PAX East, I'd love to have a game of it with you :)

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• ZeroHourHeroZeroHourHero Allentown, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Dear Secret Santa,

I have no clue who you are, but the board game is fantastic, it plays similarly to a game my friends play while drunk, but this has pictures, so thus its even better.

Im going to bring it to our new years party/birthday bash for two of my friends and I who's birthdays are all on the 22nd of December.

Also, Santa, you neglected to put your name on the gift, so REVEAL THINE SELF AND ACCEPT MY GIFT

Well fret no more sir for it is I, Kropotkin. Maker of forum badges and all round British person :)

I was very worried that you had not got the present as I ordered it from Amazon US site, not UK. I feared they would freak over me using a UK credit card, but no; all is well. This makes me a very happy bunny (no pun intended).

Dixit is an excellent game that I have given to a few people this Christmas. I've just returned from one of my brothers who received a copy also. If we meet at PAX East, I'd love to have a game of it with you :)

I will make time in my East schedule (I actually do have to schedule now, because of being media) to play it with you. We'll figure it out closer to east.

ZeroHourHero on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santee,

I was too late in attempting to mail your present before the holidays, NEVER go to the mall 1-2 days before Christmas Eve, you'll DIE. I barely made it out alive with buying the stuff, and the post office was a madhouse.

I know it may be kinda pointless to post this, because only a few know who I am talking to... But I'll have your present out before Friday. New Year's Eve Secret Santa????

Sorry for the delay,
    Wingedillidan

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Zomg, i just got my present. My santa was Erudite Aphrodite and she is the best. I got representations of the grad student trifecta - booze, chocolate and coffee! She couldn't send alcohol through the mail (which im super glad for, since i dont drink, though i dont expect you to know this of course) so i got zelda coasters.
    167137_833396325108_18707563_43880590_5146241_n.jpg
    167564_833396434888_18707563_43880595_4557801_n.jpg
    thats right, hand made zelda coasters. you know you want them, well you cant have them because they're mine. They will hold my frosty nonalcoholic drinks just fine, though.

also included was a bar of bacon chocolate and a few gift cards to Starbucks, super nice.
    63215_833396504748_18707563_43880597_3032565_n.jpg

I made the boyfriend try some of the bacon chocolate, the look on his face was worth it, pretty big pieces of bacon in it.
    Thank you so much for the thoughtful gifts, the zelda coasters are awesome and must have taken a long time to make. I really appreciate it. Ill be at east so i can maybe say thanks in person at the girls brunch.

Have a happy new year

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone
  • jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've had that chocolate bar before - I wandered into the Haut Chocolat store in NYC a few months ago for some coffee and grabbed a sample. I thought it was divine and bought some! Bacon in desserts seem to be a new trend; I went to a charity benefit with local restos and not one but two tables did bacon-filled desserts (an apple pie a la mode and a peanut butter chocolate brownie). I totally had my doubts until I tried it! :P

If you stay the Monday after PAX East, there's a restaurant in my neighborhood called Trina's Starlite Lounge that does industry brunch (12-4 on Mondays only, open to the public) with chocolate covered bacon. I actually trekked over there today during the blizzard to get exactly that. Om nom nom nom :) It's a very short bus ride off the Red Line in Somerville, MA. $4 for the side, but worth every penny.

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh man, Vosges is really good stuff, though while we're on the subject I have to share my current chocolate obsession: Wild Sweets. Their EleMent bars, and most of their flavour combinations, are really quirky and totally work. (Wakame or sunflower praline? Yes please. Coconut macadamia curry?? DOIN' IT. ) Add to the fact that all of their praline bars max out at about 3 grams of sugar per bar.

</foodie>

Twinkie on
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't know if my santee has received his gift :( USPS tracking says it was "out for delivery" on 12/20 and has no update after that and my recipient hasn't posted to say he's gotten it. I don't know if it's been delivered or if I should be contacting the post office to find it...? :?

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Mystral721Mystral721 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nothing in the mail for me yet. (if anyone's wondering)

Mystral721 on
    "Little baby Cthulhu hopping through the forest, picking up the field mice and Sucking Out Their Souls"

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nothing over here either.

I PMd my santee last week because the package was supposed to be delivered Dec 22nd and I forgot to include their letter. They still haven't received their package. Damn USPS.

Maybe its time for Santas to message their santees?

Rdr on
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    For what it's worth, I bought my Santee's present already, but it won't get to me until January 4th for some reason (New Years, I suppose).

So fear not, Santee, your present will arrive at your door shortly after it gets to me!

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
  • SmallLadySmallLady Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm away on vacation right now. But once I have stable internets I will start contacting santa's who's gifts haver arrived and getting updates.

Cheers!

SmallLady on
    "we're just doing what smalllady told us to do" - @Heels
    edited December 2010
    My present is finalised, I was just a bit too busy this month and have been adding things because it's so late. X) Fret not, Santee! Your salvation from the Ungifted is UPON YE!

Twinkie on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santa, if you're out there, did you send my package yet? If you have a tracking number, be sure to check on it... nothing yet. =(

I also wonder if my Santee received his gift... hopefully! Not seen him post yet.

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    WHOOOOOO is my Santa!?

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • ChronoHawkChronoHawk Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    To my Santa,

I haven't been home in the last two weeks. I came back for work on Christmas Night and was only around for the next day, as of last sunday I hadn't received anything yet. I am back at work again and will be at my place in the morning. Hopefully my package will have arrived.

I apologize for all the trouble

- CH

ChronoHawk on
    I am NOT Rider Miller!!!!

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
    ach.png
  • proXimityproXimity Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Santa! I totally haven't gotten anything from you yet! ...not that I'm complaining, as I only just sent off my santee's gift.

proXimity on
    camo_sig2.png
    edited January 2011
    So at long last, The long awaited Package #2 has arrived!!!
    167095_1255999040222_1236960296_31004421_4450898_n.jpg

I am a fan of the address label = D
    167798_1255999480233_1236960296_31004422_3181707_n.jpg

ZOMG! I've been eying this shirt for MONTHS! I've nearly bought it twice now and decided to hold off! Wow!
    But what else is here?
    165754_1255999840242_1236960296_31004423_7515297_n.jpg

165125_1256000000246_1236960296_31004424_4566724_n.jpg
    AWESOME!!!!

I can't believe I got the 11 1/2th anniversary book, AND the Automata Tee, AND an EPIC CTS poster!!!

AWESOME presents!!!! ... but there wasn't a name anywhere that I could find, not on the label, not on the receipt.

I want to thank my santee for going to all the trouble, TWICE mind you. Thank you soo much and I'm sorry for all the trouble my moving mid secret santa caused you!!!!

PLEASE reply so I know who to thank/buy an alcoholic beverage of their choice assuming they are A.) of age, and B.) going to PAX East!

ChronoHawk on

ach.png
  • MelesMelesMelesMeles Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'll post with pictures later, but suffice to say that TWINKIE IS THE GREATEST SANTA OF ALL TIME.

*explodes into a puff of glee*

Also, Twinkie wrote a Quality Assurance survey as part of the gifting experience. I'll include my answers (the survey was multiple-choice, so these are my selections from the available options):

1. Sassy
    2. Anywhere
    3. Needs more dinosaurs
    4. Fabulouuuuus
    5. Randy and Chuffed
    6. Octopus

MelesMeles on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited January 2011
    MelesMeles wrote: »
    I'll post with pictures later, but suffice to say that TWINKIE IS THE GREATEST SANTA OF ALL TIME.

Also, Twinkie wrote a Quality Assurance survey as part of the gifting experience. I'll include my answers (the survey was multiple-choice, so these are my selections from the available options):

1. Sassy
    2. Anywhere
    3. Needs more dinosaurs
    4. Fabulouuuuus
    5. Randy and Chuffed
    6. Octopus

I really want to know what the survey questions were!

zerzhul on
    edited January 2011
    zerzhul wrote: »

1. Sassy
    2. Anywhere
    3. Needs more dinosaurs
    4. Fabulouuuuus
    5. Randy and Chuffed
    6. Octopus

I really want to know what the survey questions were!

I'll leave that to your imagination...

MelesMeles on
    edited January 2011
    Please remember you need to post pictures of your gift

SmallLady on
    edited January 2011
    (apologies for the image quality...using a dying digital camera for great failure...)

A package arrived today! My cat was keeping an eye on it. I saw on the label that it was from a certain AWESOME TWINKE :)
    165771_653534105282_3103806_36843453_3651699_n.jpg

So cool to have one more present under the tree! (Santa hadn't brought me much this year, so I was very excited...)
    168441_653534165162_3103806_36843454_6003616_n.jpg

I got a little overexcited, and massacred the box. There were going to be unboxing pics...but my enthusiasm took over! An awesome cookbook from my favourite bakery, a handmade cthulhu plushie, and a beautiful hand-painted picture of me as Tom Baker's DOCTOR WHO, painted by my wonderful santa.
    165149_653534514462_3103806_36843460_4112728_n.jpg

Cthulhu immediately started spreading his evil holiday cheer of doom, as foretold by the ancient prophesies...his first duty was to commandeer my cat and turn her mind to acts of unspeakable terror, gazing into the fiery abyss...
    167258_653534279932_3103806_36843455_2251959_n.jpg

Whilst the unnamable forces of ancient horror encircled my home, I was distracted with explosions of glee from the painting...
    167392_653534344802_3103806_36843457_2998590_n.jpg

To pass the time, I read the assorted paperwork accompanying my presents. (Twinkie has really nice handwriting...)
    162823_653534439612_3103806_36843459_6557878_n.jpg

These included a totally hillarious feedback card.
    162770_653534409672_3103806_36843458_2773469_n.jpg

And a letter in which she tried to convince me why my Cthulhu smelled of perfume, and that she isn't creepy. I remain skeptical...
    162708_653535986512_3103806_36843467_257126_n.jpg

Overall, I am a gleefully happy meles meles, and shall retreat to my den with wonderful gifts. Thank you, Santa. You rock!

MelesMeles on
    edited January 2011
    list of people who have not received gifts yet. Please PM me if you are a santa and you have tracking infos, or if you are a santee who just forgot to post that you received your gift.

Vthornheart
    Wingedillidan
    Rdr
    Parabola
    Pinder
    ProXimity
    punzie
    Qs23
    Mystral721
    Frugus
    SmallLady
    Eugal
    Cynd3rCyn
    ClickPicTony
    QuickSnap
    Artemis
    cabsy
    Caelesto

SmallLady on
    edited January 2011
    SmallLady wrote: »
    list of people who have not received gifts yet. Please PM me if you are a santa and you have tracking infos, or if you are a santee who just forgot to post that you received your gift.

Vthornheart
    Wingedillidan
    Rdr
    Parabola
    Pinder
    ProXimity
    punzie
    Qs23
    Mystral721
    Frugus
    SmallLady
    Eugal
    Cynd3rCyn
    ClickPicTony
    QuickSnap
    Artemis
    cabsy
    Caelesto

I spoke to Qs23 on IRC, and I know that he's got his gifts. You might want to PM him to remind him to post :)

MelesMeles on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    ChronoHawk wrote: »

ZOMG! I've been eying this shirt for MONTHS! I've nearly bought it twice now and decided to hold off! Wow!
    But what else is here?

AWESOME!!!!

I can't believe I got the 11 1/2th anniversary book, AND the Automata Tee, AND an EPIC CTS poster!!!

AWESOME presents!!!! ... but there wasn't a name anywhere that I could find, not on the label, not on the receipt.

I want to thank my santee for going to all the trouble, TWICE mind you. Thank you soo much and I'm sorry for all the trouble my moving mid secret santa caused you!!!!

PLEASE reply so I know who to thank/buy an alcoholic beverage of their choice assuming they are A.) of age, and B.) going to PAX East!

Hey Chronohawk! It was me! =) Sorry for the lack of message, the PA store really should give that as an option! =) I'm glad you liked it!

Your next goal is to beat your old roommates senseless for stealing your first package! =) lol Seriously, it was actually a blessing in disguise. I failed my perception check on the first package and sent you a shirt in the wrong size, so it all turned out for the best in the end. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • ky13ky13 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dear Santa,

I do not believe in good or evil, so I think I was an appropriately human human this year. What I want for Christmas this year is to abolish Christmas. I realize this would put you out of a job, but I believe that we should give each other gifts all year round whenever we feel like it. If you can't find it in your heart to eliminate Christmas, then please find someone or some group who could really use some food or warmth or other basic necessities of life, please help them out in my honor.

Otherwise, I like drinkware. =)

-Kyle

Santa is awesome! =)
    Dear Kyle,
    Unfortunately I cannot abolish Christmas for you. Were it not for the guilt inspired by this capitalist gift-giving holiday season, charities such as World Vision and the Salvation Army wouldn't collect any donations. Besides, I'd be out of a job. I have instead made a donation in your name and would like to invite you to spend the funds as you wish. Merry Christmas and best wishes for the new year.
    -S.
    P.S. Selflessness is rewarded; Part 2 is in the mail.

Yay! Got back from a work holiday shutdown and got this!
    ZS2AYl.jpg
    wCSjZl.jpg

Thanks so much Santa!

ky13 on
    Eternity_Sky-banner-4.png
    Hey, it's me, Teldra! Did someone say "greatsword"? [Eternity]
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good news everyone! In addition to reading this in my voice, I have just received a gift from my secret Santa. Further more, through a hand message attached with the gift, I have learned that it is only one half of my allotment of yuletide gifting. Hazuah!

Whoever Jordan Lucke is, thanks a bunch and I eagerly await the 2nd part of your gift. :)

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
    edited January 2011
    (apologies for the image quality...using a dying digital camera for great failure...)

A package arrived today! My cat was keeping an eye on it. I saw on the label that it was from a certain AWESOME TWINKE :)
    [...]
    Overall, I am a gleefully happy meles meles, and shall retreat to my den with wonderful gifts. Thank you, Santa. You rock!

Cute kitty! And thanks for the handwriting compliment--my former boss thought it was super messy, and I've been kinda self-conscious about ever since, heh.

*HUGS!*

Twinkie on
    edited January 2011
    ChronoHawk wrote: »

But what else is here?

AWESOME!!!!

Hey Chronohawk! It was me! =) Sorry for the lack of message, the PA store really should give that as an option! =) I'm glad you liked it!

Your next goal is to beat your old roommates senseless for stealing your first package! =) lol Seriously, it was actually a blessing in disguise. I failed my perception check on the first package and sent you a shirt in the wrong size, so it all turned out for the best in the end. =)

Thank you SOOOOOO Much VT! I really appreciate you going to all the trouble. As far as the old situation goes, they are having a bit of a scuff with the authorities at the moment for unrelated reasons so all in all I'd say all is well = P

ChronoHawk on

ach.png
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I spoke to Qs23 on IRC, and I know that he's got his gifts. You might want to PM him to remind him to post :)

And post I shall...

IMG_20110104_153052.jpg

I was happy with just the hat with a haiku on it, but the rest was icing on the cake.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited January 2011
    apprently, some people need a reminder. If you don't get your gift to your santee by the 15th you are risking being banned from these forums. FYI.

[*]ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS RECEIVED IS JANUARY 15! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY JANUARY 15 WILL BE BANNED, PERMANENTLY. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not sure you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.

[*]You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.

SmallLady on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited January 2011
    apprently, some people need a reminder. If you don't get your gift to your santee by the 15th you are risking being banned from these forums. FYI.
    That's not just a threat, I will actually do it.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• SumiSumi Abbotsford, BCRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Come on Santas. If you ever get banned from the forms, do you seriously want that to be the reason?

Although I do know the postal service around my area has been pretty sketch, so maybe it's not totally Santa's fault.

[Edit] And you are welcome Ky13, you deserve it.

Sumi on
    Standard Action, it's a webseries.
  • SpawnOfCthulhuSpawnOfCthulhu Also that Snifit guy. Gig Harbor, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Many apologies to my santee!
    We had a family emergency near the end of December, and we had to book it to California on little notice. I'll be purchasing + shipping your gift extremely shortly, within the next 48 hours.
    I apologize for making you wait.

EDIT:
    Shipped!
    Both items should be there within 2 weeks! Sorry about the wait and everything. I'm really sorry.

SpawnOfCthulhu on
    Wx8ay.png
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Got my present!

(Sorry about the pic quality....darn cat was all about this present. haha)

santee2.jpg

Kickass! An AeroPress and Samurai Sword Chopsticks!

santee1.jpg

Thanks Anthony from Houston!

There's actually some back story. I also participated in another SS and was gifted an AeroPress. Thing is amazing. Don't feel bad though! I was actually going to order another one in a few weeks so I can stop lugging the one I have now to and from the office. So it was the perfect gift :)

The chopsticks come at a really good time because next weekend some friends and I are going out to this awesome sushi place and I'll be able to whip these out from my pocket while they use crap wooden ones they have to break apart.

Just want to say that I've been in communication with SmallLady and my santee(since Dec 23rd) and the package I sent to my santee is lost in the mail but I'll be replacing it on the 14th when I get paid again. I'd send it out this Friday but gotta pay the car note and insurance. :( Don't think I'll get banned if its shipped from the store to my santee on the 14th rather than it being shipped to me this time. Again, sorry santee for this happening. Hopefully it pops up before the 14th but if not you'll still be getting the gift in the end.

Rdr on
  • QuickSnapQuickSnap Professional Beard Grower Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Good News everyone, I have just received the second part of my Secret Santa gift from the as of now, still unidentified Jordan Lucke. If anyone knows who this person's handle is, if you could tell me so I could thank them properly, that would be most acceptable.

Just for reference in case the link in my last post wasn't sufficient, here are the two books I received from my Secret Santa.

Boozehound:
    Boozehound.jpg

And Old Man Drinks.
    OldManDrinks.jpg

QuickSnap on
    6rceun58332p.png
  • ACC3SSACC3SS Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    QuickSnap wrote: »
    Good News everyone, I have just received the second part of my Secret Santa gift from the as of now, still unidentified Jordan Lucke. If anyone knows who this person's handle is, if you could tell me so I could thank them properly, that would be most acceptable.

Starts with a 'p' and ends with a 'rox'.

ACC3SS on
  • clickpictonyclickpictony Houston, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Rdr, glad you like your gifts. I was really excited to get them for you. Particularly now that you can bust out kick ass chopsticks when you get sushi. We should try to get sushi at PAX Prime and you can show me what they look like first hand.

clickpictony on