As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yo! MTV [chat]s!

• Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    But Corbius...

It's Wednesday night

Do not taunt me with your strange Alaska time Mori.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    also, having recently returned from Board Game Night: fuck overly simple "casual" games that anyone can master in one playing in their useless, dumbed down, under-designed ears (which may need to be molded out of some kind of putty as an aftermarket "expansion pack" but I digress...)

What game has enraged you?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    guys i wrote a cheesy cop show theme for my friend's cop show parody that he never ended up finishing once

would you like to hear it

edit: parody not party

dude, that would be awesome

POST IT

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Fred Savage Power GloveFred Savage Power Glove Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    also, having recently returned from Board Game Night: fuck overly simple "casual" games that anyone can master in one playing in their useless, dumbed down, under-designed ears (which may need to be molded out of some kind of putty as an aftermarket "expansion pack" but I digress...)

It'd help if I knew what game it was.

I think I said this last week but at least be thankful you've got friends cool enough for a board game night.

Fred Savage Power Glove on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    guys i wrote a cheesy cop show theme for my friend's cop show parody that he never ended up finishing once

POST IT
    http://www.box.net/shared/823gj205ma

i think it would go well with a cheesy 70s cop show intro

car chases, dramatic glances, and the like

too bad my friend is a deadbeat

MikeMan on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Did I miss a memo in the rules or something that you're supposed to react like I shot your son/daughter/significant other if I give an opinion that apparently runs contrary to popular opinion?

In multiple threads now I'm being yelled at because I don't like something that others do.

The place is called Debate and Discourse, man. While we absolutely do not put up with dogpiling, there are a lot of really opinionated people here and if you've got a contrary view you need to have your ducks in a row and your powder dry.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

POST IT

That's pretty awesome MikeMan.

I can see the intro sequence in my head, cars jumping over stuff, still frames of the characters with actor names beneath them, the whole thing.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    this forum is actually not called Debate and Discourse. that's a common misconception

it's really Dicks and Dickings

MikeMan on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did I miss a memo in the rules or something that you're supposed to react like I shot your son/daughter/significant other if I give an opinion that apparently runs contrary to popular opinion?

In multiple threads now I'm being yelled at because I don't like something that others do.

The place is called Debate and Discourse, man. While we absolutely do not put up with dogpiling, there are a lot of really opinionated people here and if you've got a contrary view you need to have your ducks in a row and your powder dry.

If you can't quite muster that, having your powder in a line works too.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

About liking Will Arnett? What the flying fuck do I need to say about not liking an actor? Not liking a particular fashion that I find played out and tired?

It's one thing to have to defend my stance on politics or any number of 'hard' topics but it's getting really old when it comes to clearly subjective shit like I named above.

• Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have a latex mattress

it is wicked comfortable

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Your Amazon suggested items can tell you a lot about yourself
    amazonzg.jpg

This just in: I'm a fucking nerd.

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

POST IT

Mike, this is pretty great

it's definitely music to slide across the hood of a Charger to

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

About liking Will Arnett? What the flying fuck do I need to say about not liking an actor? Not liking a particular fashion that I find played out and tired?

It's one thing to have to defend my stance on politics or any number of 'hard' topics but it's getting really old when it comes to clearly subjective shit like I named above.
    Arrested Development is practically the forum religion, to be fair

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Your Amazon suggested items can tell you a lot about yourself
    amazonzg.jpg

This just in: I'm a fucking nerd.

You also seem to have a caffeine addiction.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Feral wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    At the most recent burlesque show a performer came out dressed in welding gear

stripped it down to a costume that looked like Irene Cara from Flashdance

and proceeded to do a hula hoop routine to this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILWSp0m9G2U

You mean Jennifer Beal?

yeah

:oops:

No worries, I remember because it's a movie I end up watching pretty often. The genre of 80's films about dancers is one that my girlfriend adores.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

That's just people on the internet being opinionated and usually hyperbolic

It happens all the time about food or music or whatever the hell people talk about

Don't take it personally

Nocturne on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Oh, more a reaction to some utterly assinine tripe that was being spewed over the chat thread earlier today.

I was playing two games I had never played before. Both of which are firmly in the "very complex" end of the spectrum. Lost pretty badly both times. And I had a blast. It was a great evening.

Merkator (by the guy who designed Le Havre)
    Container

BTW: Fred Savage, if you are in Seattle it's at a store a friend owns and is open to anyone every Wednesday. PM me if you want directions.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »

That's fine and great but at no point did I say someone was a bad person for liking Will Arnett or anything of the sort. I said I hated him and that I've never seen him in anything I liked.

I don't get what violation I've committed

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Mike that song is groovy

The intro fits especially well

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    thanks guys!

i like it, think it turned out pretty well

with a little better sounding trumpets it might actually be something

but alas my midi recreations of non-piano real instruments are sorely lacking at the moment

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Huh. Is this really true?
    It is now 65 years and 9 months since an army crossed the Rhine River bearing fire and sword. This is the longest period of peace on the Rhine since the second century B.C.E., before the Cimbri and the Teutones appeared to challenge the armies of the consul Gaius Marius in the Rhone Valley.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can't convieniently crop a screenshot on my iPad, but Amazon suggests books on chess, some comp sci texts, the 360 I looked at earlier, and some neal stephenson novels

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Oh, more a reaction to some utterly assinine tripe that was being spewed over the chat thread earlier today.

I was playing two games I had never played before. Both of which are firmly in the "very complex" end of the spectrum. And I had a blast. It was a great evening.

Container

BTW: Fred Savage, if you are in Seattle it's at a store a friend owns and is open to anyone every Wednesday. PM me if you want directions.

It's only a short 2300 mile drive :(

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Also I have Will Arnett's hairline

I sympathize with that dude

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I was playing two games I had never played before. Both of which are firmly in the "very complex" end of the spectrum. And I had a blast. It was a great evening.

Container

Well, there's something to be said about putting one's brain in neutral.

And it was fun going to the game night that one time.

AngelHedgie on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    oh god so many of my old songs are on this box.net account

i am debating posting some

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    also space heaters, which I bet you think is pretty funny, amazon you snide fucker

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

What thread?

And yeah, get used to it.

It's one of the reasons I avoid most threads. I really enjoy [chat] because rarely do discussions ever get heated and everyone is generally nice to one another.

But I'll read the title of some threads and make a mental note to never open it.

But ever since the Glorious Edict was announced, the forums have been a bit of a nicer place.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ronya wrote: »
    It is now 65 years and 9 months since an army crossed the Rhine River bearing fire and sword. This is the longest period of peace on the Rhine since the second century B.C.E., before the Cimbri and the Teutones appeared to challenge the armies of the consul Gaius Marius in the Rhone Valley.

If it's incorrect I am betting it's only in that it underestimates how long conflicts have been going on in the region (and only due to lack of records prior to the Roman era).

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    My view is that opinions about subjective things should be defended more, not less. "That's just your opinion, man" should be the beginning of conversation rather than its end.

I think the problem is a lot of the people here lack the vocabulary to have that kind of conversation, so they fall back on the language of engineering or whatever ("it is objective fact that this show sucks!") or just plain abuse ("and if you disagree, you're a retard").

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    the sun is the ultimate space heater

hurrrrr

MikeMan on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Also I have Will Arnett's hairline

I sympathize with that dude

I think I'm gonna end up with Kevin Spacey's hair.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited November 2010

That's fine and great but at no point did I say someone was a bad person for liking Will Arnett or anything of the sort. I said I hated him and that I've never seen him in anything I liked.

I don't get what violation I've committed
    but you see that means you didn't like him in AD, and so we must punish the unbeliever

burn the sin out of you

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Container

Well, there's something to be said about putting one's brain in neutral.

And it was fun going to the game night that one time.

True. True. Cash 'n Guns is a good one for times like that.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    ronya wrote: »

I'd have to double check, but if it's not right then it's pretty close. Europeans don't do peace well and lands in Germany have been in pretty constant flux prior to the previous century.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I can't convieniently crop a screenshot on my iPad, but Amazon suggests books on chess, some comp sci texts, the 360 I looked at earlier, and some neal stephenson novels

I can't believe they would insult you like that

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I think Adobe Photoshop Express has an iPad version, FYI.

• Options
    edited November 2010
    mikeman's favorite porn title of the month:

The Squirt Locker

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    in other Netflix Streaming related news, the show Psych has turned out to be surprisingly good. If you like "Monk" it is much in the same genre and very much worth watching.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
This discussion has been closed.