As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Shadowrun(OOC)

123457»

• Options
    RchanenRchanen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Posted in the IC thread. If you want to change your mind about the compound here's the last place to do it.
    Hemerson will want to go in. But once your in, getting out without corporate permission would be hard....

On the other hand, if Hemerson wants to leave, then getting out will probably be easy. EVP after all.

Still wanted to give you guys the choice. Next IC update will be monday night. Any OOC questions or discussion (or IC conversations) feel free to post.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited March 2007
    Hey guys. Sorry about the lack of update. Going to post tonight.

If you guys want to try sneaking around the compound or doing anything naughty, let me know. Otherwise I will just assume that you guys stay put and raid the complementary bar.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Part 2 of this game starts tommorrow night.

Be there and be square gentlemen!

Rchanen on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Rchanen wrote: »
    Hey guys. Sorry about the lack of update. Going to post tonight.

If you guys want to try sneaking around the compound or doing anything naughty, let me know. Otherwise I will just assume that you guys stay put and raid the complementary bar.
    That I will indeed do.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited April 2007

Sorry guys. Got tired. Going to post long intro post to part two tommorrow or tuesday night.

It'll still be cool seeing your reactions to it.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited April 2007

Sorry guys. Got tired. Going to post long intro post to part two tommorrow or tuesday night.

It'll still be cool seeing your reactions to it.

If it deals with an odd circumstance where a new shadowrunner gets added then I'll be interested.;-)

my speculation
    Hemmerson dies, his killers then go after you

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Cheesy, just hold that enthusiasm for my new game. Exalted 2nd ed. I am still writing it up. But the plan is Solars and the Theme is "Learning and Growing."

Give me a couple of weeks and I will start up an IRC game.

Oh and guys.

That last IC post by me... marks the start of Phase 2.

Heavy use of contacts is encouraged.

And make sure you keep track of your budget.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Is that money we're promised, the three mill up front, is that per person or total? Ill write up an IC post later today.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Total.

It works out to 1 mil per man if you don't have to spend anything.

If you do, well 6 mil - expenses/ 6= net profit. Reduce the divisor if some don't survive to the end.

You can add to your profits by jacking stuff from the enemy.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, I dont know if it was unclear or if we werent told, but was the whole bodyguard job just a reason to get us into the compound to deliver the real contract? Or are we just ditchin the bodyguard job for the new one?

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Storyline wise, yes... Just like this job is designed to get you to stage 3 of this adventure. And so on and so forth.

IC. Well that's something you'll have to dig into for yourself.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh and gentlemen, Shimazu is being honest with you. Shiawase corp has almost no intel on these guys. Nor do they produce bang-bangs like Ares does. If you want more guns and intel when doing this job, you'd better check your contacts. Or be prepared to RP some investigation. Or both.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Huzzah, legwork.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    WHY wrote: »
    Huzzah, legwork.

Otherwise known as spreading bribes, and punching people in the face until they talk. :P

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Can we... can we buy ourselves a T-bird?

I don't care if we don't got anyone to fly it.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    So, I have a Mr. Johnson contact (IIRC that guy gets me jobs) so would he be able to get me info on the gang? Or do I need to seek out a new contact specificly for this? Just curious and tryin to bump the thread, no posts for 2 days isnt a good sign.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Lardalish wrote: »
    So, I have a Mr. Johnson contact (IIRC that guy gets me jobs) so would he be able to get me info on the gang? Or do I need to seek out a new contact specificly for this? Just curious and tryin to bump the thread, no posts for 2 days isnt a good sign.

Yeah. A Mr. Johnson contact might well know somebody, who knows somebody. You'd have to check with your contact to be sure. And if you want to seek out new contacts, you guys can.

Nothing against it. Logically come up with people who would know shit about gangers. Then find them and IC start talking. And bribing. And if need be, punching.

Also: Is DA ever posting in this thread again? Or the other thread? Its been like a week or two.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Sorry about the delay, but I wanted to give you guys some time to reply and talk amongst yourselves.

And about the next section, like I said, its alot more player driven.

In regards to legwork especially, but also to getting supplies.

IC and OOC ,talk about contacts you need to get info, talk about the info you are going to need to hit these guys, talk about the supplies you will need to get the job done.

In IC make phone calls to contacts. I will pick up the coversation from the other side. If you need info, bug the right people, and I will make it available.

Make plans, draw up lists. I have the situation pretty much drawn up. But how well you are going to be prepared for it, or how much you know about it is entirely up to you.

And you guys can buy anything, anything, with the 3 mil advance payment. And with the 3 mil after payment. Wanna buy a t-bird, buy a t-bird. Only restriction is cyberware. You guys don't have time for surgery.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Couple questions about minor RP things:

1) Does the shadowrunner know who his contacts are or does he just know how to contact them and the fact that its a Mr. Johnson? Like, do I need to RP out a name? How friendly are these kinda people? Is it just a job "what do you need to know" "blah blah blah" "ok, heres the info" or does that really just vary by person? These seem kinda dumb, even to me, but Ive never played the criminal underbelly before, lotsa little things that I dont know.

2) Where does a shadowrunner go to get more contacts? I mean theres not like a Wal-Mart to go to, but again, I dont usuallt play the criminal.

If either of those are in the book, sorry, just refer me to a page/chapter and Ill find out myself.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    And you guys can buy anything, anything, with the 3 mil advance payment. And with the 3 mil after payment. Wanna buy a t-bird, buy a t-bird. Only restriction is cyberware. You guys don't have time for surgery.
    What about tinkering with existing cyberware? :3

And really, contacts are whoever a shadowrunner knows, it can be done any way, but probably depends on the loyalty stat.

As for getting new ones, that's really the GM's discretion.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Lardalish wrote: »
    Couple questions about minor RP things:

1) Does the shadowrunner know who his contacts are or does he just know how to contact them and the fact that its a Mr. Johnson? Like, do I need to RP out a name? How friendly are these kinda people? Is it just a job "what do you need to know" "blah blah blah" "ok, heres the info" or does that really just vary by person? These seem kinda dumb, even to me, but Ive never played the criminal underbelly before, lotsa little things that I dont know.

2) Where does a shadowrunner go to get more contacts? I mean theres not like a Wal-Mart to go to, but again, I dont usuallt play the criminal.

If either of those are in the book, sorry, just refer me to a page/chapter and Ill find out myself.

1). It varies by contact to contact and what kind of backstory, loyalty and connectedness rating they have. Loyalty 1 is very businesslike. Loyalty 6 is calling up an old friend cause you need help on this thing.

2). A bar. Always a bar. :P

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    WHY wrote: »
    What about tinkering with existing cyberware? :3

And really, contacts are whoever a shadowrunner knows, it can be done any way, but probably depends on the loyalty stat.

As for getting new ones, that's really the GM's discretion.

No tinkering with existing cyberware. It would still require at least a week's worth of planning. A day or two of surgery and a couple of weeks of rehab. Chews up a lot of time. Remember Shimazu put you on a time schedule. 2 months to completion. Otherwise no second 3 mil.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh also guys, I just recently bought Cannon Companion. That's right I have rules for nearly everything that can go Blam, Bang, or Boom in Shadowrun. No mind you the rules are 3rd Ed, not 4th, but making a transfer shouldn't be that bad...

So when asking your contacts, keep in mind that you can ask for MORE than the prime book.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Oh also guys, I just recently bought Cannon Companion. That's right I have rules for nearly everything that can go Blam, Bang, or Boom in Shadowrun. No mind you the rules are 3rd Ed, not 4th, but making a transfer shouldn't be that bad...

So when asking your contacts, keep in mind that you can ask for MORE than the prime book.

I dont have that, mind informin me of what kinda snipery stuff there is? A PM maybe so as to not clutter the thread.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Hello Guys.

I am writing to announce that I am closing up the game. Game over man, game over. I think we already lost DA (who hasn't posted IC or OOC for a while), and as for myself, well I think I planned this poorly and selected the venue poorly. The kind of fast paced action I am looking for would be best suited to IRC or AIM, not Play-by-Post. I also think I poorly planned the plot.

I am sorry about this guys, but I really didn't think this one out. Sorry.

I will probably come back to Dice and Men in a few months to set up for an Exalted IRC game. The time from then till know will be spent in planning. I'd be honored if any of you wanted to join that game.

Thanks for participating. It was a blast. And a real good introduction to STing again. Reminded me of what it really takes to ST a game.

Thanks.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Ah well :|

At least it gave me a chance to see how some of the things I still have trouble with work.

Der Waffle Mous on
  • Options
    mrcheesypantsmrcheesypants Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I'm actually working on an IRC client (or mod of an open source client, havent gotten that far) made specificly for shadowrun so me and my friends who have tight schedules can find an easier time to play.
    I'll post it here once I'm done with it.

mrcheesypants on
    Diamond Code: 2706 8089 2710
    Oh god. When I was younger, me and my friends wanted to burn the Harry Potter books.

Then I moved to Georgia.
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Oh well. Was fun while it lasted. Thanks for all the effort you put in running it.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Chrysis wrote: »
    Oh well. Was fun while it lasted. Thanks for all the effort you put in running it.

I only wish I had put as much effort into it as you guys deserved. You guys did rock most verily. I am only saddened by the amount of ass kicking that you were unable to get around to.

Rchanen on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Sigh, now I really wish I'd thrown an ignite at the bar. Anyway, for those who couldn't already guess, Damien was pretty crazy, and I was planning on having him burn down something important at a critical moment.

Cosmic Sombrero on