As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays

• Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Go Vermi!

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    somebody fucking hire me pleeeeeeeeeease

Beasteh on
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    5 apps today, i fully expect to hear back from 0

Beasteh on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aaagh aah I start today oh man

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    grey ghost's big day

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    LardalishLardalish Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    skettios wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    skettios wrote: »
    uh.. minimum wage is there for a reason.

well, technically if he was salaried and not hourly, that wouldn't be below minimum wage.

it doesn't matter how many hours you work if you're paid the same each week.

aah guess I didn't read his post right.

Yeah, like, it wouldn't be illegal I don't think, but I don't think Im desperate enough yet to have to take it. I think I could get a decentish line cook job. Oh well, Ill just keep hitting the pavement I guess.

Lardalish on
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Working from home today! wheeee

skettios on
  • Options
    MHYoshimitzuMHYoshimitzu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gotta leave in a few minutes to go to work

Nothing quite like a grocery store three days before Thanksgiving, especially a Wegmans

I've settled in comfortably, however some people don't seem to realize I've never worked grocery-side retail before, so when you hand me an order gun and tell me to do an entire order for a whole department, I am bound to order some weird stuff or over-order

My direct supervisor understands this, but the other full-time guy there does not

Dude's worked in grocery stores since he was 16. He's 42, not very well-adjusted, and anything sets him off

So my order for the weekend? Not a good thing for him to deal with. He was apparently cursing me out and plotting my demise because I ordered too much for the weekend, for the weekend before Thanksgiving. We'll sell through it no problem, the order just has to be adjusted for the next day to account for all the extra stuff.

But if you ask him, the world may as well have ended

Other than that I am doing fine. I got my health insurance at the beginning of the month! I am excited to go to the doctor and dentist again.

MHYoshimitzu on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Only thing I have to report is I'm kidnapping Vermi after work.

Yukira on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    oh fun! What will you and Vermi be up to?

skettios on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The wife and I are going to take him to a Mexican place near where I live.

Yukira on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Then they are going to ritualistically cannibalize him

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Shhhhh!

Yukira on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Little did they know that was Vermi's plan all along.

Choke on those crocks, bitchhhhhhhes!

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey, so quick Microsoft Access question:

I am making a chart that I want to display some applicant information. Namely, it shows how many applicants we get from cities in each state. So, like, the chart will show a stacking bar, with each section of the bar representing the amount of applicants from that city, in that state. I've made the chart, but now what I want to do is spit that information out in like, a written format, without having to go through my excell file and just count them. Is that possible? Does that even make sense?

Langly on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ok I think it went pretty well
    I was just working the register all day and there were no big problems

But we were $20 over when we counted the drawer at the end of the day
    At least I'm not losing them money

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What yo' new job, GG? I could read back to find out but then I would have to read and we all know that's not going to happen

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Working retail here
    http://www.thegourmetshop.net/

Presumably in the coming days they will actually teach me about all the food and junk we sell
    Which is a lot!

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I used two digital actors to create some heavily implied fellatio.

So, you know, good day!

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    vsove wrote: »
    I used two digital actors to create some heavily implied fellatio.

So, you know, good day!

This is pretty much the pinnacle of employment as I can conceive it.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Langly wrote: »

I am making a chart that I want to display some applicant information. Namely, it shows how many applicants we get from cities in each state. So, like, the chart will show a stacking bar, with each section of the bar representing the amount of applicants from that city, in that state. I've made the chart, but now what I want to do is spit that information out in like, a written format, without having to go through my excell file and just count them. Is that possible? Does that even make sense?

I believe you're looking for the count function.

Something along the lines of countif(A#:Z# is "criteria") I think.

Place that formula in a cell on the spreadsheet.

Excel isn't my strong point when it comes to Office.

Oh yeah, Vermi has been returned to his hotel safe and sound.

Yukira on
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yukira you are a gentleman and a scholar and I thank you for many things, including the fact you did not eat me

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I got the job! (assuming i pass a background check) I am pretty excited, as this job will give me health insurance. It doesn't pay much, but it will let me work with some pretty awesome things, with good chances for advancement and development.

One of the things I will do is this.
    84a525b93d0a.jpg

hahaaa neat! but i won't wear the mask or gloves cause you know how i roll.

vermiculture on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Congrats vermi!

111203875_0d552a39ec_m.jpg

Is this the one in Texas?

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    yukira you are a gentleman and a scholar and I thank you for many things, including the fact you did not eat me

When you move down here, we'll grab the other guys in the area and hit up a place.

Yukira on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    Is this the one in Texas?

I did not get the original texas job, but this is a different texas job. this is in san antonio

vermiculture on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Working retail here
    http://www.thegourmetshop.net/

Presumably in the coming days they will actually teach me about all the food and junk we sell
    Which is a lot!

Hey, so, GG... buddy, pal...

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Vermi that is awesome!

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    VerdigrisVerdigris Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Langly wrote: »

Not clear on whether your data is in an Excel workbook or an Access database, but:

If it's in Excel, your best option is to create a pivot table for your data range (make sure you put the pivot table in its own worksheet). For best results, convert your data into a regular table, then you just click anywhere in the table and click the Create Pivot Table button and follow the prompts.

If it's in Access, you want to create a query of city name, state name, and applicants. Set city and state to "Group by" and applicants to "count of." Then you can generate your report from that query.

Verdigris on
  • Options
    LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I did my first cold call yesterday. Somewhat nerve wracking, but I got my cool back on fairly quick. I used to do these all the time when I worked as a jurno, so I don't know why I was so nervous. I'm hoping it'll turn into another job for December, and if it does then we'll be very very busy out the year.

Which is a good thing, obviously.

e: Oh and the meeting went very well. I didn't have to pull out a mallet or anything. My partner showed up at 10am this morning, when he didn't really need to, and has said that he'll continue to do so from now on, even on days that aren't dedicated company days.

edit edit: We all work two jobs; he starts his bread and butter job at noon, so before when he was working his second job he'd just go straight there. Now he'll come in, do an hour and a half at the company and then head out to work afterwards.

Legba on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Congrats vermi!

Glad to hear that Legba!

skettios on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    the SA zoo isn't bad, vermi, congrats

also it's closer to austin, for when you feel like partying

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    what if the hippo eats u

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So I came in to work all set to bitch about my terrible two hour commute home on Monday

Turns out most of the office had 5+ hour drives, and one 9 hour drive. I can't even imagine it, I would have killed somebody with my bare hands if I was stuck gong nowhere on a highway that long

Needless to say I've shut the hell up about my drive

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    how the fuck do you have a nine hour commute? how much do you get paid to where that is a viable option?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    People who were commuting via I-5 and other major roads (520, 90, 99, etc), who work in Seattle but don't live there. I heard it was pretty rough.

skettios on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    oh wait was there some sort of traffic jam? this is not a regular occurrence?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    yeah my friend said it took him 3 hours to get from redmond to seattle on monday

sounds fun

edit: mysst, there was snow and it was very cold and since seattle is seattle they didn't have a way of dealing with the ice really and because it was so cold the roads were ice
    so my friend tells me

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There were a few that long two years ago in Boston when the sky opened up and the state, city, private sector and all schools let out at once. I stood in the snow for two hours to save a parking space for Tank. Some schools didnt have busses show up so kids and teachers were stuck there til after 11pm. It was nuts. Now the state and city shut down much earlier.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mysst wrote: »
    oh wait was there some sort of traffic jam? this is not a regular occurrence?

There was ice and snow in a place that doesn't get ice or snow

Bluntly, it was a total shitcock of a commute for everyone. Were the roads that bad? Not especially if you knew what you were doing - unfortunately Seattle not getting this weather regularly made that a no go

Usagi on
This discussion has been closed.