As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] The Shattering Has Occured BURN YOU MISERABLE WRETCHES BURN

• Corp.ShephardCorp.Shephard Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow, guild perks are awesome.

Guild reputation system is pretty cool too, although it's weird to be farming to impress... yourself?

Corp.Shephard on
  • A Half Eaten OreoA Half Eaten Oreo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Account unbanned!

Thanks for the tips guys. Really surprised at how quick the process was.

A Half Eaten Oreo on
  • xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, finally got in, trip to Vashj'ir was fun, managed the first 4-5 quest before calling it, just too many people camping quest mob spawns. Decided it'd be more fun to try Archeology, and I was right, I quite like it (edit: once you get to the digsite, all the flying around is a bit of a pain).

xiears on
    steam_sig.png
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    xiears wrote: »
    Well, finally got in, trip to Vashj'ir was fun, managed the first 4-5 quest before calling it, just too many people camping quest mob spawns. Decided it'd be more fun to try Archeology, and I was right, I quite like it (edit: once you get to the digsite, all the flying around is a bit of a pain).

Well looks like I'll probably be either spam running dungeons for awhile tomorrow or leveling my paladin or level 60 hunter since the quest zones will be filled to all hell.

Oghulk on
  • SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Applying critical updates. This will take some time.

:x

I still had ~200ish megs of data to download "in the green." Like, since 4.0 came out even. Hopefully the next stage will be recognized, and start downloading.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is Archaeology something even worth doing as you level up? I still don't really understand how it works.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Woah..... So ebgames wants $58 for std edition while jbhifi is selling at $37.

How do they plan on selling any copies?!

joshua1 on
  • SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    joshua1 wrote: »

What? You are wrong.
    http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=75807

Go away shill.

SniperGuy on
  • joshua1joshua1 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SniperGuy wrote: »

What? You are wrong.
    http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=75807

Go away shill.

Auuuuuuuuuuusssssssstrrraaaaaalia.

Add a .au to to the end of that.

joshua1 on
  • HardKaseHardKase Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I did some shopping around for cataclysm here in nz. 60 bucks as a base. brought it online, preloaded it, and only payed the NZ$50.

Its like being expected to pay US$90 for blackops on steam. pass!

HardKase on
    Steam ID: HardKAse@hardkase.cjb.net (yes I was drunk when I created it)
  • XynnXynn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So do we know how tonight is gonna work? I know it says 12:01pst Cata is live. But are they taking the servers down before that, or does everything just go "Pop! Welcome to Cata"?

Xynn on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Xynn wrote: »
    So do we know how tonight is gonna work? I know it says 12:01pst Cata is live. But are they taking the servers down before that, or does everything just go "Pop! Welcome to Cata"?

Servers will restart, so you'll be kicked before it ticks over.

exis on
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

The latter. You will more than likely get kicked at 12:01, and then can relog to experience the new stuff if the log-in server doesn't immediately crush itself.

Also, I have so much trepidation for this expansion launch. The new dungeons are going to be a death train and i suspect most people won't be ready to deal with it. Tanks who don't mark targets or los. DPS who don't interrupt or ignore CC. Healers who can't manage their mana. Everything is going to be like pulling teeth outside of guild runs.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1251976654

Specifically:
    Q. If I've already installed World of Warcraft: Cataclysm and upgraded my account, will I need to do anything special at midnight in order to access the new expansion content?

A. Once Cataclysm is marked live on all realms, simply exit out to the login screen (the one featuring Deathwing's toothy grin) and log back in. This will provide you full access to the new content -- including the goblin and worgen races and level 80-85 zones.

Emporium on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

They plan on selling them to people who don't realize that EBGames isn't the only place in the country that sells games. Even Big W is selling it for $37. I don't doubt that GAME/Gametraders/whatever other store you can think of is selling it for less than $40 as well.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
    edited December 2010
    Arkady wrote: »

The latter. You will more than likely get kicked at 12:01, and then can relog to experience the new stuff if the log-in server doesn't immediately crush itself.

Also, I have so much trepidation for this expansion launch. The new dungeons are going to be a death train and i suspect most people won't be ready to deal with it. Tanks who don't mark targets or los. DPS who don't interrupt or ignore CC. Healers who can't manage their mana. Everything is going to be like pulling teeth outside of guild runs.

A lot of people are still in exceptionally good gear after months of farming whatever it is that people raid in nowadays. And dungeons will be balanced so that a recent 80 should be able to run them (otherwise what's going to happen to people levelling new characters). I don't think the shit will hit the fan until heroics.

exis on
    edited December 2010

It seems like you already know how to solve your problem.

Grundlestiltskin on
  • ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So. . .my copy of Cataclysm is "queued". The digital copy. . .hrm. Not sure how that works, but w/e.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    exis wrote: »

A lot of people are still in exceptionally good gear after months of farming whatever it is that people raid in nowadays. And dungeons will be balanced so that a recent 80 should be able to run them (otherwise what's going to happen to people levelling new characters). I don't think the shit will hit the fan until heroics.

I think they'll be balanced for level 80's quest greens. They're likely to surpass most if not all of the gear people have now.

Rend on
    edited December 2010
    But the new gear itemization is more focused on stamina. New gear is absolutely filled to the brim with the stuff because enemies hit like a truck in the new zones.

Lorahalo on
    edited December 2010
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    But the new gear itemization is more focused on stamina. New gear is absolutely filled to the brim with the stuff because enemies hit like a truck in the new zones.

Guess they wanted to fix the problem where Ensidia rushed to 80 and cleared Naxxramas in Tier 6.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited December 2010
    I think they also wanted to change the issue where plate wearers had about 10-15k more health than cloth wearers (Especially mages)

Lorahalo on
    edited December 2010
    I think they also wanted to change the issue where plate wearers had about 10-15k more health than cloth wearers (Especially mages)

What? Why would that be a problem? Casters are meant to be squishy.

exis on
    edited December 2010

It seems like you already know how to solve your problem.

IF only my guild weren't so tiny!

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    edited December 2010
    I guess I don't see the point of being in a guild that's too small to even get 5 mans organized (aside from bank guilds). Especially now, with guild leveling in place.

Grundlestiltskin on
    edited December 2010
    I guess I don't see the point of being in a guild that's too small to even get 5 mans organized (aside from bank guilds). Especially now, with guild leveling in place.

Some people like to play with close-knit groups of friends.

exis on
    edited December 2010

We can reliably get 10 mans of guildies together long as we plan for them. 5 mans are beholden to whoever is on. I suspect it won't be a problem since everyone is excited to be playing again, but it is a mystery.

Edit: Also, doesn't guild levelling only care about the top 10 or 20 contributors?

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
  • AuberonAuberon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    exis wrote: »

What? Why would that be a problem? Casters are meant to be squishy.

Caused problems in pvp and raids, where there was too big a gap in survivability. Blizzard couldn't have plate-wearers take more damage as a trade-off, because that would make them mana sponges in an expansion where healers are meant to care about their mana.

Auberon on
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well the worgan starter zone was fun

Now I sleep

Gumpy on
  • ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Casters having lower armor, and nonexistant dodge, parry, blocking, still makes them plenty squishy if they have comparable HP values to tanks.

Scosglen on
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Are the people already playing in the EU segment?

MrIamMe on
  • JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    EU launched Cata several hours ago.

JAEF on
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

They don't want you buying products with STDs.

Turambar on
    Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    EB is, has, and always will be a giant ripoff in Australia.

Usually the prices are double what they are elsewhere.

If you can get away with importing, do it.

Or buy it from blizzard direct, it cost the same as what JBHIFI charged, and I didnt have to leave the house.

MrIamMe on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Can we still buy the expansion upgrade from the website?

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was able to buy it earlier today so I would give it a whirl.

So if we're logged on our mans we'll just be able to head to the new stuff at the stroke of midnight?

troublebrewing on
  • W2W2 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Can we still buy the expansion upgrade from the website?

I did, about an hour and a half ago, so I'd say yes.

Does anyone know if Hyjal and Vash'jir have profession trainers like Borean Tundra and Howling Fjord did, or will have I have to train my profs before I leave Stormwind?

W2 on
  • tehmarkentehmarken BrooklynRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ugh, it's gonna take me forever to make my new worgen because I didn't save a name ahead of time :(

tehmarken on
  • ZythonZython Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    tehmarken wrote: »
    Ugh, it's gonna take me forever to make my new worgen because I didn't save a name ahead of time :(

Hell, I can't even come up with a good name.

Zython on
    Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The EU launch was smooth as silk. Really the biggest problem is 40 people trying to do the same quest at once.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.