As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E - Recruiting] Giant ants - Controller class (Closes 12/8/2010)

tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
edited December 2010 in Critical Failures
G I A N T ¤ A N T S
ITS FRAKKING ANTS, MAN.

This is a short adventure featuring giant ants, and of course other monsters, attacking a town. This thread is a recruitment thread for a controller spot. If you are interested in playing a controller in this game, please see below:

A. A bunch of sentences that describe how the game is run.
Table:
Current title: GIANT ANTS COLON ITS FRAKKING ANTS, MAN.
Time Zone: I live in the Eastern Standard Time Zone, so the play time will kind of be more favorable to that zone. (8am-12am) or something similar to that, assuming RL doesn't kick my ass.
Starting Level: 4 - See DMG for information on starting a second level character.Creation rules[/b]: 22 Points Flat (And a 3d3-5 Roll). The roll is of mechanical importance. Do not roll it yet.
Target start: Already active.
Medium: PBP only
Maptool version: N/A
Maptools Session Length: N/A
The Table - Rules: Not too serious/rigid interpretation of the ruleset.
The Table - Content: Look at the title. Think.
Difficulty: It's random.
Experience Required: A basic understanding of how to play would be great?
Books Required: Any 4E content is allowed, at my discretion. Don't be a dick?

List of preferred races:
  • All PHB Races.
  • All PHB2 Races, yes. even Deva.

Other races that are available within normal player material (IE: Non MM races) are okay too, but I would strongly prefer a PHB or PHB2 raced char. While it goes without saying, choosing a race that is insectoid in nature/appearance when the game is about killing giant insects is probably a bad idea. Could it work? Sure, but it would take a lot to make it so.

List of acceptable classes:
  • I am specifically looking for a controller role character.
  • This game has the amenities and tech level of an late 1800s era civilization, including indoor plumbing.

The party dynamic:

There's a big dumb guy, an action girl, a casanova/hero, and a reluctant hero. I've lost my horny religious warrior.

Here are their names/class/etc:

Inutchuk (Fighter, Martial, Goliath, Defender) [Horseshoe] (Sheet)
Giant ants meet giant... man.

Jenny Pope (Ranger, Martian, Human, Striker) [Quoth] (Sheet)
Two time Mossy Vale Hide and Seek Champion!

Matthias (Cleric, Divine, Half-Elf, Leader) [REG Rysk] (Sheet)
Is an hero!

Quinnten (Sorcerer, Arcane, Human, Striker) [SnowSquall] (Sheet)
Once a farmer, now a sorcerer, beware his frosty dragon breath.

B. What am I looking for?
To the extent that is reasonably possible, I would say being able to post at least once a day is a must. Being able to post more would be nice. I'm fairly active during the weekdays with posting, barring any unusual RL circumstances or being busy. I don't expect you to live and breathe this, it's just a game ffs, but yea... it is just a game, meaning if you don't post you shouldn't feel slighted if you're replaced or whatever.

Really important note: activity includes non-combat. Despite its brevity and absurdity, it's still a roleplaying game. A party full of strong, silent types is not what I'm looking for, even with this game. All characters should be made with the baseline assumption that they will join a group for this adventure. Also, no evil characters. So, what am I looking for at this point?

A post, with the following responses:
1) Current pbp games you are in or run. If you feel you were awesome in some game or whatever you can mention past ones too?
2) Availability M-F for maek post, and time zone you are in.
3) A brief description of your controller character's appearance and personality.
4) "None of this is real!" The old man screams into your face, droplets of foul smelling saliva splattering onto your lips. You can almost taste the mead and halitosis. "It's a conspiracy! The dice, the dice! They control everything. You're all just numbers and letters on a piece of paper!" The old man waves his hand at the other people in the crowded marketplace. A few guards begin to approach, looks like your uncle really did it this time. (Behind a spoiler, reply in character to that).

You don't need to fully generate a character, I don't expect one here. Just what I asked for in this post is fine. You don't need to reserve a post, not like there's a line or whatever. It's highly likely that my recruiting pattern for this will continue to skew towards people who haven't had a chance to be in any games though (just in general). I would prefer that you only put in one submission here per person.

So in summary: I'm looking for a controller character. A brief post with what I asked for in part B is sufficient. Please do not PM me with your concept and if you have any other questions about this just post them here, thanks.

You will be coming into the game either falling out of the sky, spawning in a building as they move through the city, or some other random entry point that I may think of later. Oh yea, you'll be starting as a level 4 character. There is no set time of closing this recruitment at this point, but the sooner the better? Whatever.

PS: No Shaman.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
tastydonuts on

• Options
    PepiPopaPepiPopa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hello. I am here for the job application? I got one of the fliers.

1) I am currently playing 2 pbp Games and a maptool game. I am Mian Kas In there.A link if you want to check my Background In that game. I am also attending Gladiator school as 51ckle the not so stable warforged that gets the group into trouble :winky:. My second and last pbp game is in the Tomb of horrors trying to survive what Jam Warrior throws as the Blood drinking crazy assassin Aleksander.

2) I am in the worst country... Europe. Eastern European Time Zone UTC/GMT +2 hours.But i spend most of my time on the computer or near it so i can post most of the day and nights and have no problem playing midnights or whatever.

3)Iris - Razorclaw Shifter Wizard. Flowing with smooth animal like movement Iris moves like the fire moves in the fireplace. Smooth and calm.The long hair and cloak with a hood covering the origin of Iris and the silvery eyes, as if ashamed by his own animal instincts that once controlled him completely ( More in the sheet if erm you want).

4)
    Using Ghost sound a loud crash of broken glass comes from the other side of the street. "Guards!Guards!Thief!"
    Grabbing the old man after the arcane infused distraction Iris tries to lose the guards in the streets, knowing that his appearance would be more of a problem then a solution and a calm discussion with these simpletons would end in charcoaled bodies.

Bonus 5) Picture
    Dark_Wizard_by_JimmyGzon.jpg

PepiPopa on
    Our testament and story is forever death or glory.
    repub_sig.jpg
  • Options
    blurbblurb Registered User new member
    edited November 2010
    Looking to join in on this game, looks interesting and I'm itching to get in a PBP here.

Baorn, Wilden Druid

1) I am not currently in any PBP games but I am playing in one 4th ed homebrew game and in an encounters game.

2) Fairly available for posting as I am still in school, I'm in the eastern United states(Ohio)

3) Appearance: Unlike most Wilden Baorn does not take the form of a tree, living and healthy, instead he has the appearance of an old gnarled tree, ravaged and utterly destroyed by the harsh northern winters.
    Personality: Having lived and grown up in the northern wastes, where plant life and food are sparse, Baorn does not take anything for granted, he seems cold to others, at least before he comes to know them well and ers on the side of caution more than most.

4)
    Baorn had been watching his uncle for some time before he rudely grabed the front of the wildens shirt, seeing the guards approaching quickly Baorn quickly formulated a plan, his left arm reaching behind the man, its brittle twigs slowly softening into the white fur of a snow leopard and the newly grown claws firmly gripping the mans cloak Baorn gently pulled his uncle with him as he calmly stepped backwards.His other hand slowly reached under his heavy travelers cloak gripping the wooden claw totem underneath it Baorn sent out a howling call throughout the spirit world calling the spirits of sky and cloud once again to calm his uncle's insanity and the spirits of the spring to calm the guards minds so that they could listen to reason. His uncle's eyes slowly gazed over, seeing at last what the spirits had to show him, but as the guards approached they seemed to only be slowed in the unsheathing of thier swords as they cautiously approached the insane old man and his strange companion.
    "we're going to have to arrest you for disurbing the peace sir." One of the guards called out.
    Swearing silently but not waiting to picture what would become of his uncle in a cell for even one night, Baorn drew out his totem and held it to the sky as a low howl started through his throat even as it his face elongated, more of his brittle twigs softening and lightening until he was forced to place all four of his pawed feet on the cold stones. As his howl died into the rushing wind he clamped his teeth around the old man's coat and began to drag him back the way they had come even as a snarl emenated from it, a grey snow wolf answering his call. it skidded to a stop just in front of Baorn and his charge tempting the guards to approach closer. growling a muffled "thank you" through the coat Baorn wasted no time dragging his uncle away from harm and quickly leading him back out of the town to thier camp. (this is all assuming that Wilden have uncles, but it should work well enough for your purposes... I hope)

blurb on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks both of you for your interes, I think that I'll be making a decision by this Friday at the earliest!

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The post was lost, but I'm going to wrap this up by/on Wednesday, 12/8/2010.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    K. I'm going to run with your wizard, Pepi.

Thanks for your interest blurb. I don't really have a posting history to run with though since the app is your only post on the forums, so far. :o

tastydonuts on