As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Out-Dated Dragon Age 2 Thread [Please post in new thread!]

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There's a new Respec mod out. Haven't tried it yet, but if it works it seems like it'd be much, much more convenient than the old one.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    BlurblBlurbl -_- Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    GaryO wrote: »
    Blurbl wrote: »
    The one thing I want in DA2 is more dragons. Seriously, I was expecting more dragons in a game called dragon age. We only got one proper one and two kinda-ones.

The kill animation was far too awsome to only use once or twice.

as much as I agree with this, lore wise Dragons are a very endangered species. they only re-appeared about 20ish years ago (in game) after they were assumed to be extinct.
    Also if you read the codex hardly any dragons make it to become adult dragons, they give birth to lots of dragonlings with only a few becoming drakes then one or two become full fledged dragons.
    the codex entry struck me as kinda weird... I mean, only the females get huge and menacing? just struck me as off.

Probably taking a que form the natural world where in a lot of species the females are the bigger and more menacing ones.

A lot?

Insects and reptiles?

Blurbl on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gonna mod lightsabers into DA2 as well

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Have they announced they're patching up the toolset? Or are you just taunting me?

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have a problem and a question in Awakening.

I'm in Amaranthine, and I'm up on the battlements currently. Somehow, my character got into combat with some Hired Thugs down on the ground level. Because I'm "in combat" I cannot interact with the doors of the battlements to get down to the ground level to fight the dudes I'm in combat with.

Is there a way to force my party out of combat short of a reload? If I reload I will probably lose about 40 minutes of play.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Blackjack wrote: »
    There's a new Respec mod out. Haven't tried it yet, but if it works it seems like it'd be much, much more convenient than the old one.

Awesome.
    :winky:

Maou on
  • Options
    JacquesCousteauJacquesCousteau Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just picked up ultimate edition. Haven't really played too much at all so I figure it was worth the 25 bucks.

JacquesCousteau on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I also picked up the Ultimate Edition (360) and installed all the DLC today. As soon as I booted it up with my post-game save, it gave me the "Ultimate Sacrifice" achievement. Weird.

I completed Return to Ostaggar today. If I understand correctly, you open up a recent game save of your choice and link them with the other DLC (Lelianna's Song, Witch Hunt, etc).

My question, though, is how do you link all that to Awakening?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Awakening is another module, you go select new game, and choose awakening. It'll prompt you to then choose a save, or make a new (orlesian warden) character

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I know that much. I'm just asking how it picks up all the other DLC events you do. Do they all have to be saved on one huge master save file?

Professor Snugglesworth on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    What really changed in Awakening gameplay wise? Not a lot from what I can tell so far.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well why would it. Awakening is an expansion of the game, not a new game.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well sometimes they change things up a bit in an expansion, all I noticed so far is some new abilities.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    CheesecakeRecipeCheesecakeRecipe "Should not be allowed to post in the Steam Thread" - Isorn Squalor Victoria, Squalor Victoria!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That's pretty much it.
    And the ultimate easy-mode button, a cat gift for a companion that will revive all dead members and has a 1 second cooldown time between uses.

CheesecakeRecipe on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Xeddicus wrote: »

Have they announced they're patching up the toolset? Or are you just taunting me?

Don't give a shit

Gonna do it

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I was thinking of trying a class besides a mage, but I doubt there is any point in that.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    Raider MonkeyRaider Monkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So I've got the same question here as I did in the Mass Effect thread. What DLC for DA:O is worth it for furthering the character development (or plot in general)? Bear in mind, I'm not actually too far in the main game yet (not that that's entirely important to the question).

Raider Monkey on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I think that Stone Prisoner and Return to Ostagar are both worth it. Warden's Keep is debatable (very short), but still interesting.

I haven't bought Awakening, Leliana's Song or Witch Hunt yet.

Enig on
    ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That's pretty much it.
    And the ultimate easy-mode button, a cat gift for a companion that will revive all dead members and has a 1 second cooldown time between uses.
    THATS what that does! oh that would've made fighting the Harvester in the Golems DLC so much easier rather than relying on that crappy golems revive and mass spamming poultices

DLC wise, Wardens Keep has the best sword in the game, some nice armour and provides backstory on the Grey Wardens in Fereldan and why they are so few of em there.
    The Stone prisoner is good, gives you a new character and a specific quest for them, also ties in with how you resolve the Deep Roads portion of the game.
    Return to Ostagar, has some nice interaction between your companions, you get some good loot including the kings armour. sadly no-one ever comments on you wearing this. (say at the landsmeet where Loghain accuses the Grey wardens of betraying the king)
    Leilianas song is all about leilianas backstory with her former spyboss and the mission that saw her flee the life of a bard, its short but ok if you want to know more about her history.
    Golems of Amaraak, is kind of short and not all that good honestly, However it has probaly the hardest fight in the game (mainly because you get stuck with some useless companions) and the boss fight introduces a creature which looks like it will turn up in DA2
    Witch Hunt is only worth getting if you have Morrigan and the warden fall in love. otherwise give it a miss. it also ties in a bit with the dalish elf origin sotry but doesnt really tie up the loose ends.
    The Darkspawn Chronicles is an alternate history of the game, in which the warden dies when at the joining and as a result Alastair is the only warden, you control a darkspawn during the assault on Denerim and kill everyone.

GaryO on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Some rude manface there

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well, what do you expect, she's French.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited November 2010
    I kinda like it

Better than the usual hourglass with a photoshopped model's face

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think she looks pretty decent in the screenshots, actually. A little masculine, sure, but in a "I have 0% body fat because I kill bitches with swords" way instead of "I have 0% body fat because it is all in my chest."

Plus, she's wearing pants. Isabela should take notes.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited November 2010
    It's fine except her face. It looks like a Disney version of a guy. And it's hard to tell, but I bet the day it comes out we'll find out she does indeed have a lot of body fat in her chest. Well, maybe not- THAT'S why there's no toolset! :P

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Are they seriously not giving a toolset

That's the only reason why I even play DA anymore

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As far as I know they haven't said anything else since "Maybe we'll patch the current toolset. Maybe we won't.".

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I believe Mike already answered this, but let me repeat: we're considering it, but if there is something for you guys to use it will probably come in the form of an update to the DAO toolset (which would make sense, as we're essentially using the same toolset ourselves).

Right now we don't know for certain that we'll have a chance to do this, hence we aren't mentioning it (lest we be perceived as making iron-clad promises and then be accused of utter betrayal should we change our minds). We'll eventually decide if and when this will happen-- though I will say that the only reason you received the DAO toolset in timely fashion was because of the release delay. Had there been no delay you probably would have received the toolset around the time the game actually did come out-- we don't tend to work on packaging up a toolset for public consumption until after our work on the game itself is primarily done.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Whatever, sounds like we'll get it eventually

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Maybe I'm cynical, but that sure sound like to me more towards it WON'T happen. There should be no damn question about it. It be like if the GECK was yanked from Fallout. Someone is pinching pennies over at BioWare/EA.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Or maybe they're being asked to finish the game rather than make the toolset available for nerds to make anime maid costumes

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Or maybe they're being asked to finish the game rather than make the toolset available for nerds to make anime maid costumes

So tell us, Zen...how does Oghren look in his maid costume?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited November 2010
    They could easily do both. Easily. It's just a matter of money, of course.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

So tell us, Zen...how does Oghren look in his maid costume?

Pretty good tbh

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Mods just give me more of a reason to keep the game installed and play it in-between DLC

And it looks like they learned a lot from ME2's DLC so that's good

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You know who I want to be a Companion in DA2?

DA:O spoilers
    Wynne's son. That'd be neat.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Raider MonkeyRaider Monkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That's pretty much it.
    THATS what that does! oh that would've made fighting the Harvester in the Golems DLC so much easier rather than relying on that crappy golems revive and mass spamming poultices

DLC wise, Wardens Keep has the best sword in the game, some nice armour and provides backstory on the Grey Wardens in Fereldan and why they are so few of em there.
    The Stone prisoner is good, gives you a new character and a specific quest for them, also ties in with how you resolve the Deep Roads portion of the game.
    Return to Ostagar, has some nice interaction between your companions, you get some good loot including the kings armour. sadly no-one ever comments on you wearing this. (say at the landsmeet where Loghain accuses the Grey wardens of betraying the king)
    Leilianas song is all about leilianas backstory with her former spyboss and the mission that saw her flee the life of a bard, its short but ok if you want to know more about her history.
    Golems of Amaraak, is kind of short and not all that good honestly, However it has probaly the hardest fight in the game (mainly because you get stuck with some useless companions) and the boss fight introduces a creature which looks like it will turn up in DA2
    Witch Hunt is only worth getting if you have Morrigan and the warden fall in love. otherwise give it a miss. it also ties in a bit with the dalish elf origin sotry but doesnt really tie up the loose ends.
    The Darkspawn Chronicles is an alternate history of the game, in which the warden dies when at the joining and as a result Alastair is the only warden, you control a darkspawn during the assault on Denerim and kill everyone.

Thank you (and Enig too)! Sounds like I'll end up getting most of them, once I finally get around to finishing the main portion of the game. :)

Raider Monkey on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You know who I want to be a Companion in DA2?

DA:O spoilers
    Wynne's son. That'd be neat.

Dude, you already get to go adventure with your brother and sister. All we need now is the family dog.

BEST ADVENTURE EVER!

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That's pretty much it.

Thank you (and Enig too)! Sounds like I'll end up getting most of them, once I finally get around to finishing the main portion of the game. :)

huh when I was writing that i did it in the order I remembered they existed. now that i look at it it is the order I'd recommend getting them in. the 1 3 in that list are the best, the others all really depends how much you like playing DA and whether you care about all the minor plots

GaryO on
  • Options
    MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Darkspawn Chronicles is my favourite DLC.
    It's so awesome playing the bad guys.

I wish Bioware makes an RPG like Overlord.

Maou on
This discussion has been closed.