As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Secret Santaxtravaganza Thread II! Get to stalking!

• RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So many updates!
    Participants!
    AaronKI
    AbsoluteZero
    acidlacedpenguin
    Adda
    Agentflit
    Ah_Pook
    Aioua
    Akira
    Alegis
    Alfred J. Kwak
    Anarchy
    Angel177
    anoffday
    apogee
    ArcSyn
    area
    Arikado
    Arminas
    Asiina
    battledrill
    belligerent
    Beltaine
    bigwah
    Blackbeard7
    BlueBlue
    Bursar
    Cameron_Talley
    CangoFett
    CCF23
    Chance
    Chen
    cj iwakura
    cloudeagle
    cmsamo
    Cornell002
    crucialityfactor
    Custom Special
    Daemonion
    dantree
    darkenedwing
    darunia106
    Dawasaurus
    Death Cab for Albie
    Dehumanized
    DekuStick
    deveric
    DHS Odium
    DiannaoChong
    Digeridoo
    Disco11
    Draysoth
    Dunxco
    DuoRCN
    Dyvion
    earthwormadam
    El Mucho
    elevature
    elkatas
    EvilBadman
    exis
    Feels Good Man
    Fig-D
    Figgy
    Forar
    ForceVoid
    FreeBryd!
    Frem
    galenblade
    Grim123
    Grove
    HallowedFaith
    handkor
    HardKase
    Hardtarget
    harvest
    Hearthjaw
    Henroid
    Hypatia
    Icemopper part 2
    iMatt
    Imperfect
    ImthebOHGODBEES
    JAEF
    Jakesully
    Jam Warrior
    JaysonFour
    jclast part 2
    jeddy lee
    JerikTelorian
    JHunz
    Joeslop
    John Zoidberg
    joshgotro
    Judge-Z
    k0dos
    Kendrik
    Ketar
    Kias
    Klyka
    kor
    KSK
    Kyougu
    laiceps1983
    LewieP
    LewieP's Mummy
    Lord Yod part 2
    Louie
    Lunysgwen
    mere_immortal
    Mighty
    Mister_Penguin
    mntorankusu
    Mooshoepork
    Mr Heist
    Mr_Grinch
    MrDelish
    Mullitt the Wise
    mxmarks
    Nackmatholn
    NickTheNewbie
    noir_blood
    Norfair
    parabola
    Peewi part 2
    PepperSinclaire
    proyebat
    Radiation
    redfield85 part 2
    remlap13 part 2
    Rent
    RisenPhoenix
    Robert Khoo
    Rook
    Rorus Raz
    Ross Mills
    S-Starwind
    Sceptre
    Schide
    see317
    shadowane
    Shady3011
    Shrieking Emu
    sirchrissypoo
    SirUltimos
    SniperGuy
    spookymuffin
    stavesacre
    stevemarks44
    Stormwatcher
    strebalicious
    Sweeney Tom
    Szechuan
    TeeMan
    The Count of Midget Fisto
    The Dude With Herpes
    The_Spaniard part 2
    TheOtherHorseman
    THEPAIN73
    TheScruple
    toolbert
    TSI|Awesome
    Two Headed Boy
    UEAKCrash
    Uldor
    UnbreakableVow
    urahonky
    vegeta_666
    VThornheart
    WIckedkarma
    WilDPanthA05
    Willeth
    wobblyheadedbob
    WraithXt1
    Xaviar
    Ziggymon

Radiation on
    PSN: jfrofl
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    And, in a move that could almost be SCARY ACCURATE STALKING - a container of those Goetze's Caramels. I used to be a lifeguard, and we had a vending machine, and I would beat that thing to HELL to get those to fall out. The candy always reminds me of how happy those summers were, and how much I miss my co-workers from then, and I havent had it in forever. It was a very, very pleasant surprise. Once I calmed down I took a photo of all the awesome candy together.
    a container of those Goetze's Caramels.
    Goatse Caramels?!

One you've seen it you can't unsee it.

Much like its namesake...
    I shouldn't have to say this but please, please, please don't google 'goatse'. If you're that innocent that you don't know what it is, do yourself a favour and stay that way.

Haha oh I know. That's why I honestly had a wrapper next to me to make sure I spelled it correctly. Im not sure if he picked the carmels based on some weird intuition that I love them, or was intentionally trying to get me to think of the horrors...

But when posting pics, I DID notice the giant candy cane weapon is made by "SPENGLER". Even if it's NOT a Ghostbusters reference, it is now.

Did I mention I'm really, really excited to get home and play Front Mission? Because I am REALLY really excited for it. I never even have heard of it, and I'm watching trailers and it looks so badass.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GIFT GET

Let me preface this with an explanation of my recent whereabouts. I hope I wasn't too hard to stalk Dantree! I'm a terrible lurker, which is a shame, and I haven't been active here since the beginning of this SS.

To cut a long story short, my Grandma broke her hip and we had to organise a home for her. At the same time in a cruel twist of fate, my Grandpa (they're separated) got prostate cancer and hasn't been coping well, so he too, has now had to be put into an aged care place. In fact, that same DAY, we found out my dog is blind and has diabetes. So it has been a hectic few weeks to say the least , trying to sort out all those shenanigans. Anyway! EXCUSES EXCUSES. Pictures time!

I came home to a package. Funny, I didn't order anything from Amazon.

(sorry for the graininess of these pics (and the delicious irony) I didn't have my DSLR handy)
    2gwgy0x.jpg

A strange package approaches
    34ijus2.jpg

At this point it still didn't click...Amazon isn't that big here so apart from my kindle I have never used it. My mind skipped and I forgot about SS
    25572nq.jpg

Mysterious!

p4s3k.jpg

Now, I don't want to sound silly, but this thing is beyond awesome

I'm heading over to Japan in February and was actually looking for something to write a journal in. I couldn't find anything this classy. It has a subway map, travel planner section, and city MAPS. I'm absolutely terrible with navigation, so the more maps the better. All in a pocketsized book! Love it. :)
    33y1gli.jpg

But wait, there's more!
    o7643k.jpg

I just bought a 550d, and coming from a non-photography background it's been difficult to piece it all together. It not only has all the technical info about the camera, but general photography tips too! Absolutely fantastic :)

Thanks a lot Dantree! I know I wasn't the easiest to stalk, but you did an awesome job.

mooshoepork on
  • laiceps1983laiceps1983 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just shipping my gift. December 14th as a delivery date.

laiceps1983 on
  • shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, my package is supposed to be delivered today and here I am stuck at work. And if it's UPS or Fedex I won't get it until Monday probably! Disaster! Exclamation point!

shadowane on
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    just shipped my thing

hope my Satanee likes it! :]

Sweeney Tom on
  • KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DekuStick wrote: »
    I got a package today. It can only be from my Santa I'm sure.

I don't have a camera with me right now so I'll just have to link these pictures in.

Syphilis for christmas!
    a97eeda2.jpg

Missile...toes?
    bfdc09d0.jpg

Thank you Santa I'm enjoying these greatly. I spent a good hour straight firing missiles off. Reveal who you are so I can thank you properly!

Woohoo, glad you liked it! I was originally going to send you Anthrax then thought, "hmm, maybe that will slow down the delivery!" But now you can tell your friends that your secret santa gave you syphilis 8-)

Did you get the note that was supposed to be attached by chance? I wanted to personalize it, but given how busy my end of semester ended up being, I got paranoid and decided to have them direct ship it to be sure the gift made it on time. Merry Christmas!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    CHEER RECEIVED! I have just spent 15 minutes looking for the Avatar of my Santa - because I KNOW I RECOGNIZE IT! - but I cant find it and am too excited, so Santa, SHOW YOURSELF SO WE MAY ALL COMMENT ON YOUR AWESOMENESS!

I had a rough day, and was expecting some packages, so when a knock came at my door, I thought nothing of it. I brought 3 boxes inside, but one of them seemed strange. It wasn't a gift for family...it was a gift for...me?

Lets have Linus investigate.
    5247718948_aaabfb16cb_z.jpg

With great care I slowly opened the box. And what should appear but...another box. Hooray for an Earth conscious Santa! Recycle!
    5247718480_10a97f8a7f_z.jpg

I opened that box, and went into a fog of Christmas cheer. Candy was EVERYWHERE! I really wish I took a picture of the awesome packing, but I was so excited and overwhelmed I just started looking at everything. Candy I had never heard of! CHRISTMAS TAFFY! I never knew such a thing existed!

And, in a move that could almost be SCARY ACCURATE STALKING - a container of those Goetze's Caramels. I used to be a lifeguard, and we had a vending machine, and I would beat that thing to HELL to get those to fall out. The candy always reminds me of how happy those summers were, and how much I miss my co-workers from then, and I havent had it in forever. It was a very, very pleasant surprise. Once I calmed down I took a photo of all the awesome candy together.
    5247717794_031c9ffefd_z.jpg

Well, thats it for the candy! No more candy here. Just this baseball bat...

wait a minute. ITS THE WORLDS BIGGEST CANDY CANE EVER.
    5247716828_769977abb2_z.jpg

Seriously this thing is crazy. I plan on attacking it ON CHRISTMAS. Its the only way.

As I dug deeper into the box, an AWESOME surprise! I had received a message earlier from Proxy asking if I liked Mech games, and I gave an honest answer - I always have WANTED to, but never have. I listed off problems I had with stuff from MechAssault (which I never put much time into) and Virtual On which seemed to confusing. But what do I find before me now? The first - TRUE - mech game I've ever had! Front Mission Evolved!
    5247113139_9477e75d47_z.jpg

Santa was kind enough to explain in his note that he included a gift receipt, just incase, but that will NOT be necessary. As I said to Proxy the Elf - Mech games have always appealed to me, but Ive just never grasped any of them. Reading over the manual, and the box, and your note - this game looks amazing. Customization was never a part of any of the mech games I tried, and this looks just flat out crazy. I can not wait to get to building the ultimate robot. Already installed it to the hard drive, and with my girlfriend out of town this weekend, it's time to blow stuff up.

Finally - I found the nicest gift yet. Stalking had uncovered a YouTube video of my cat eating Cheetos, and Santa put a smile on my face when I found this:
    5247713846_9d13c567d4_z.jpg

A cat toy, and a small bag of Cheetos for my little buddy. It was such a thoughtful surprise, and really showed me how awesome this community is. Its one thing to send someone things that they'll love, it's another to actually think about a total stranger's life and do something to genuinely bring him something meaningful.

Here is the letter - I'll transcribe it later:
    5247714326_1f947ab445_z.jpg

So as I looked over the delicious candy and waited for Front Mission to install, I felt the warm joy of Christmas cheer. And Linus played with his cat toy, and I read the letter, and laughed when Santa said "If Linus can't enjoy the Cheetos, maybe he'll like the mouse ball."

On any other day - Linus would NOT be allowed to enjoy the Cheetos.

But this is what Christmas is all about:
    5247110881_ecd3da445e_z.jpg

Man, that got there a lot faster then I had expected.
    And to save you some transcribing time (which I'm sure you can put to better use, especially this time of year), here's the letter:
    Merry Xmas , <mxmarks avatar>
    Enclosed (unless the postal service decides otherwise) you will find a helping of holiday cheer in the form of candy, because candy is delicious.

Also, I got you a mech game in the hopes of it meeting your exacting standards. Proxy passed along that you haven’t had much luck with mech games in the past, so I’ve also included a gift receipt to enable you to find something more to your liking if you so desire. It should be noted though, that none of the games mentioned in Proxy’s message are actually mech games. Sure you walk around in a giant robot and blow stuff up, but they’re all missing out on the single biggest thing to the genre (ok, second biggest following the whole “heavily armored walking killing machine” thing), and that’s customization. It’s just not mech game unless you can decide to remove a laser and replace it with a huge shotgun, or missiles, or a second, slightly different laser.

Also, I added some Xmas cheer for Linus. If he can’t enjoy the cheetos, hopefully he’ll have fun with the mouse ball.

Merry Xmas, <My Avatar>
    PS, there is nothing of interest in the paper. It’s just packing material to (hopefully) prevent damage.
    Though, I suppose Linus might have fun with it too.
    Edit: I'll also take credit for awesome stalking skills, though in all honesty I just got the Goetze's because they are awesome delicious.

see317 on
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, I keep checking here and the UPS tracking site knowing full well that the package won't get there until next week.

But then I keep thinking, maybe they invented decent portal technology overnight and my Santee already has it!!!

Icemopper on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bigwah:

You're welcome. Sorry it wasn't a PS3 or a giant T.V. I suck at gift giving.

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • KendrikKendrik Lewisville, TXRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

I don't have a camera with me right now so I'll just have to link these pictures in.

Syphilis for christmas!
    a97eeda2.jpg

Missile...toes?
    bfdc09d0.jpg

Thank you Santa I'm enjoying these greatly. I spent a good hour straight firing missiles off. Reveal who you are so I can thank you properly!

I DEMAND action video of you killing Syphilis with MISSILES.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    For your own Steam Signature visit https://alabasterslim.com/steam-signatures/
    Guild Wars 2: Kendrik.5984
    edited December 2010
    Okay, Santee...Gift AWAY! Look for a package on Tuesday the 14th.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
  • toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Santee,

Amazon has confirmed with me that they are not abiding by my request to ship your gifts together and they're shipping separately. One's arriving on the 13th and the other by the end of the week.

toolbert on
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    see317 wrote: »
    CHEER RECEIVED! I have just spent 15 minutes looking for the Avatar of my Santa - because I KNOW I RECOGNIZE IT! - but I cant find it and am too excited, so Santa, SHOW YOURSELF SO WE MAY ALL COMMENT ON YOUR AWESOMENESS!

I had a rough day, and was expecting some packages, so when a knock came at my door, I thought nothing of it. I brought 3 boxes inside, but one of them seemed strange. It wasn't a gift for family...it was a gift for...me?

Lets have Linus investigate.
    5247718948_aaabfb16cb_z.jpg

With great care I slowly opened the box. And what should appear but...another box. Hooray for an Earth conscious Santa! Recycle!
    5247718480_10a97f8a7f_z.jpg

I opened that box, and went into a fog of Christmas cheer. Candy was EVERYWHERE! I really wish I took a picture of the awesome packing, but I was so excited and overwhelmed I just started looking at everything. Candy I had never heard of! CHRISTMAS TAFFY! I never knew such a thing existed!

5247717794_031c9ffefd_z.jpg

Well, thats it for the candy! No more candy here. Just this baseball bat...

wait a minute. ITS THE WORLDS BIGGEST CANDY CANE EVER.
    5247716828_769977abb2_z.jpg

Seriously this thing is crazy. I plan on attacking it ON CHRISTMAS. Its the only way.

As I dug deeper into the box, an AWESOME surprise! I had received a message earlier from Proxy asking if I liked Mech games, and I gave an honest answer - I always have WANTED to, but never have. I listed off problems I had with stuff from MechAssault (which I never put much time into) and Virtual On which seemed to confusing. But what do I find before me now? The first - TRUE - mech game I've ever had! Front Mission Evolved!
    5247113139_9477e75d47_z.jpg

Santa was kind enough to explain in his note that he included a gift receipt, just incase, but that will NOT be necessary. As I said to Proxy the Elf - Mech games have always appealed to me, but Ive just never grasped any of them. Reading over the manual, and the box, and your note - this game looks amazing. Customization was never a part of any of the mech games I tried, and this looks just flat out crazy. I can not wait to get to building the ultimate robot. Already installed it to the hard drive, and with my girlfriend out of town this weekend, it's time to blow stuff up.

Finally - I found the nicest gift yet. Stalking had uncovered a YouTube video of my cat eating Cheetos, and Santa put a smile on my face when I found this:
    5247713846_9d13c567d4_z.jpg

A cat toy, and a small bag of Cheetos for my little buddy. It was such a thoughtful surprise, and really showed me how awesome this community is. Its one thing to send someone things that they'll love, it's another to actually think about a total stranger's life and do something to genuinely bring him something meaningful.

Here is the letter - I'll transcribe it later:
    5247714326_1f947ab445_z.jpg

So as I looked over the delicious candy and waited for Front Mission to install, I felt the warm joy of Christmas cheer. And Linus played with his cat toy, and I read the letter, and laughed when Santa said "If Linus can't enjoy the Cheetos, maybe he'll like the mouse ball."

On any other day - Linus would NOT be allowed to enjoy the Cheetos.

But this is what Christmas is all about:
    5247110881_ecd3da445e_z.jpg

Man, that got there a lot faster then I had expected.
    And to save you some transcribing time (which I'm sure you can put to better use, especially this time of year), here's the letter:
    Merry Xmas , <mxmarks avatar>
    Enclosed (unless the postal service decides otherwise) you will find a helping of holiday cheer in the form of candy, because candy is delicious.

Also, I got you a mech game in the hopes of it meeting your exacting standards. Proxy passed along that you haven’t had much luck with mech games in the past, so I’ve also included a gift receipt to enable you to find something more to your liking if you so desire. It should be noted though, that none of the games mentioned in Proxy’s message are actually mech games. Sure you walk around in a giant robot and blow stuff up, but they’re all missing out on the single biggest thing to the genre (ok, second biggest following the whole “heavily armored walking killing machine” thing), and that’s customization. It’s just not mech game unless you can decide to remove a laser and replace it with a huge shotgun, or missiles, or a second, slightly different laser.

Also, I added some Xmas cheer for Linus. If he can’t enjoy the cheetos, hopefully he’ll have fun with the mouse ball.

Merry Xmas, <My Avatar>
    PS, there is nothing of interest in the paper. It’s just packing material to (hopefully) prevent damage.
    Though, I suppose Linus might have fun with it too.
    Edit: I'll also take credit for awesome stalking skills, though in all honesty I just got the Goetze's because they are awesome delicious.

THANK YOU SO MUCH SEE317! Made my whole day. The Goetze's are half gone already, as you can see above the Cheetos are gone, and I think tonight I may bust into the Christmas Taffy with Front Mission.

Your stalking ability was amazing. You found a video that I didn't even know I uploaded, and that takes skill.

In other news - I just sent my "big" gift out, meaning the "main" one. It is scheduled to arrive DEC 23rd. MAXIMUM ANTICIPATION!

And as a teaser, Santee, I am hoping for the best. I hit a lot of stumbling blocks with my idea, and in the end I ended up having something shipped directly to you that I have not actually seen - but provided very careful and detailed instructions about. So I hope it looks as good as it sounds...

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am excited for today.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Willeth wrote: »
    GIFT GET!
    I arrived home to see that I have an undelivered parcel! A packet that's too large for my letterbox! I'm hoping there's a Secret Santa gift inside! But nope, it must be misdelivered mail. There isn't a W.P.A. Forumer at this address.

1.jpg

Oh well. I trotted to the sorting office to get it anyway. It was only a small packet.

2.jpg

BUT WAIT! (1:24 to 1:30)

3.jpg

That's not a packet at all! It's a BOX! A long box! It says on the outside that it's from a mysterious place called Pennies Arcode. My invisible kitten inspects it for suspiciousness.

4.jpg

No suspicious contents, so I'm free to open it. Inside: one tube and two packets. One has a number on it. Is it the amount of seconds I have left until I die from terrorists?! My invisible cat Schrodinger doesn't think so.

5.JPG

It seems only fair to start with the tube. I'd hardly be a PA fan if I didn't.

6.JPG

I am justly rewarded. It's a subway poster of Gabe and Tycho! I'm going to find an appropriate frame for this post haste.

7.JPG

And some badass PA stickers that I didn't even know were a thing! These are going to get stuck on shit so much.

8.JPG

Time to open this packet. I tell you what, this is a classy packet. Metal clasp, no sticky tape or nuthin'. Very classy. But wait - this is the packet marked with the number of the Beast, when the Beast was a toddler. WHAT HORRORS COULD THIS PACKET CONTAIN? TERRIFYING MONSTERS FROM THE HALLS BELOW?!

9.JPG

Oh. No, it's the book, The Halls Below. It's the hardback Limited Edition, too! This is great!

10.JPG

Whoas! Not only is it signed by Gabe and Tycho (it being my personal mission to get everything I owned signed by Gabe and Tycho, currently including a boxed edition of Precipice Episode 1, a print of a comic, and my copy of Splendid Magic signed only by Jerry because Mike was apparently some sort of ninja at PAX East), but the 37 is not a countdown to my doom - it's an edition number! There's only a thousand of these, ever, and I have one of the double-digits thanks to my awesome Santa! This is not only great, it's also boss and pimp. But what's in the other packet?

11.JPG

It's PATV: Season One! I've been lamenting that I couldn't get hold of it, but never fear - my Santa just reached into my mind and grabbed my thoughts. Now I can watch the lost 4th panels and all the commentaries, and all the easter eggs of Scott's stories that I only found out about yesterday. I've watched a few of the deleted scenes already and it's chortletown. Something else, though:

12.JPG

What, no-one else smells their DVDs? People in the launch thread were saying it smelled of celery, and psh, yeah, right. But it really does smell of celery. What are they putting in our celery, I wonder? PA should release their own brand. And I'd get it signed.

All together now!

13.JPG

Oh, and here's Shrodinger playing with the bags of air that came in the box. Thanks for those, too, Santa! Reveal yourself!

15.JPG

Hey Willeth! I'm glad you liked it, Merry Christmas! =)=)

I thought when I was placing the order that it'd let me attach a message or something, but I went through the whole process and it didn't, so I've been waiting to spring the "surprise!" until after I knew you received it! =)

Wheeee! Thank you, dude! I owe you a big sweaty hug when I see you next.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Kendrik wrote: »

Syphilis for christmas!
    a97eeda2.jpg

Missile...toes?
    bfdc09d0.jpg

I DEMAND action video of you killing Syphilis with MISSILES.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought this. :P

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    USPS tracking confirms my Santee's package has arrived :)

El Mucho on
    BNet: ElMucho#1392
    Origin: theRealElMucho
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man bubble wrap is bloody expensive.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    edited December 2010
    Man bubble wrap is bloody expensive.

Not when you work in a mail-room!

Icemopper on
    edited December 2010
    Well packing peanuts were 50p cheaper but bubble wrap is like a fun gift all of it's own.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    edited December 2010
    It's all about using old newspaper.

Arikado on
  • dantreedantree Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GIFT GET

Let me preface this with an explanation of my recent whereabouts. I hope I wasn't too hard to stalk Dantree! I'm a terrible lurker, which is a shame, and I haven't been active here since the beginning of this SS.

To cut a long story short, my Grandma broke her hip and we had to organise a home for her. At the same time in a cruel twist of fate, my Grandpa (they're separated) got prostate cancer and hasn't been coping well, so he too, has now had to be put into an aged care place. In fact, that same DAY, we found out my dog is blind and has diabetes. So it has been a hectic few weeks to say the least , trying to sort out all those shenanigans. Anyway! EXCUSES EXCUSES. Pictures time!

I came home to a package. Funny, I didn't order anything from Amazon.

(sorry for the graininess of these pics (and the delicious irony) I didn't have my DSLR handy)
    2gwgy0x.jpg

A strange package approaches
    34ijus2.jpg

At this point it still didn't click...Amazon isn't that big here so apart from my kindle I have never used it. My mind skipped and I forgot about SS
    25572nq.jpg

Mysterious!

p4s3k.jpg

Now, I don't want to sound silly, but this thing is beyond awesome

I'm heading over to Japan in February and was actually looking for something to write a journal in. I couldn't find anything this classy. It has a subway map, travel planner section, and city MAPS. I'm absolutely terrible with navigation, so the more maps the better. All in a pocketsized book! Love it. :)
    33y1gli.jpg

But wait, there's more!
    o7643k.jpg

I just bought a 550d, and coming from a non-photography background it's been difficult to piece it all together. It not only has all the technical info about the camera, but general photography tips too! Absolutely fantastic :)

Thanks a lot Dantree! I know I wasn't the easiest to stalk, but you did an awesome job.

Sorry to hear about the family woes, when it rains it pours.

I knew you were taking a trip, I had hoped you hadn't already gone, whew. I had found that having a guide to my Nikon helped me quite a bit, I hope it does the same for you.

Glad you like the gay books, hope things start settling down for you!

dantree on
    psn: dantree
    edited December 2010
    Well packing peanuts were 50p cheaper but bubble wrap is like a fun gift all of it's own.

Too true! I hope my Santee enjoys his copious amount of bubble!

Also peanuts

Icemopper on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    bigwah:

You're welcome. Sorry it wasn't a PS3 or a giant T.V. I suck at gift giving.

this post sounds awfully negative - your Santee liked his gift! Am I reading this wrong?

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Pffft. The best packing material is snack foods and you know it.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    It's all about using old newspaper.

From the day they were born.

Kyougu on
  • LewieP's MummyLewieP's Mummy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like bubble wrap, I like popping it. I use loads of it when wrapping paintings. When you order stuff from Lush, they use popcorn as a packing material - you can't eat it though, it would taste all perfume and yucky!

LewieP's Mummy on
    For all the top UK Gaming Bargains, check out SavyGamer

For paintings in progress, check out canvas and paints

"The power of the weirdness compels me."
    edited December 2010
    Ok so my SS package is done, now onto the family gifts.

Wrapping is pretty fun :3

mere_immortal on
  • HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Santee why have you forsaken me! You gift was delivered so many day ago
    :tear:

Hardtarget on
    steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    According to tracking my gift has been recieved. I will send another tomorrow. I know its too late for Xmas but I think it'll be nice to get a final gift a little bit after the hols.

Santa: I haven't recieved anything and I leave for home on Sunday. Friends should be around to collect gifts but let me know via proxy if there's anything perishable in there.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I guess I should mention that the address I put is my aunt's place, since I prefer important things to be delivered there. So if my Santa has sent the gift and it's been delivered, shoot me a pm. I may not know it's there.

Kyougu on
  • MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    GiftGet3.gif

Lo and behold, I saw the mail person stop in my driveway and was mystified as to why they would do that.

I got a box! from someone in this VERY THREAD!!

(sorry these pictures are huge. hm. how do i fix that?)
    2010-12-10122849.jpg
    Oh no, My accounting book has become jealous! it attacks without remorse!!
    After fending the beast off, with a tiny knife, i begin to examine the goods.
    2010-12-10122937.jpg

Jeepers! this is a LOT of cookies. i have tasted one, and feel like they would make superb icecream sandwiches

2010-12-10123012.jpg
    Oh no! BACK! BACK FOUL BEAST!
    2010-12-10123114.jpg

Awesome! a points card! This will more than likely buy Monday night combat or Super meat boy!
    This last gift confused me a little bit....
    2010-12-10123244.jpg
    Mostly because i never owned a PS3! Hm, let me check the note here...
    MIGHTY,

I sincerely hope that this gift will bring you some great joy this holiday season, i'm glas to have recieved you as a Santee, and i had a real fun time stalking you. :)

Gift1: 1600 points card
    I decided to give this to you since, while looking at your gamercard, i noticed that you played mostly XBLA games. With this i hope you can find a game or two you can enjoy!

Gift2: Infamous
    Looking through your XBL gamercard, i noticed you seemed to enjoy Protoype a lot, so i went ahead and looked up your PS3 card as well... (editors note - i have a PS3 card??!) Mush to my surprise you have a single trophy! which means you havent even tried this game... i know you will enjoy it!!

Gift3: Pizzelles (with and without Anise oil)
    Something for your sweet tooth (editors note - these are really tasty!!) These cookies were made by my wife, and i hope you will enjoy them! some are made with vanilla and some are made with Anise oil ( the same stuff in black licorice) try them both! the are originally meant to be made with Anise oil, but we included vanilla just in case you dont like the flavor of Licorice.

Merry Christmas, Mighty from your santa

URAHONKY

Heres the entire haul!! OH NO! the book returns for a final assault!!
    2010-12-10123307.jpg

Oh urahonky! you silly goose, these gifts are supreme!

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Woops! Stalking misfire. :P

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
    edited December 2010
    Mighty wrote: »
    Something for your sweet tooth (editors note - these are really tasty!!) These cookies were made by my wife, and i hope you will enjoy them! some are made with vanilla and some are made with Anise oil ( the same stuff in black licorice) try them both! the are originally meant to be made with Anise oil, but we included vanilla just in case you dont like the flavor of Licorice.

For those not in the know, Pizzelles are an italian waffle-style cookie that are AWESOME. Home-made makes them even MORE awesome and you should thank Urahonky's wife profusely. My wife introduced me to them and I LOVE them. Excellent idea for a gift, and I may steal it for next year.

Kendrik on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Woops! Stalking misfire. :P
    its no big deal, i'll Probably buy one!! hahaha
    Kendrik wrote: »

For those not in the know, Pizzelles are an italian waffle-style cookie that are AWESOME. Home-made makes them even MORE awesome and you should thank Urahonky's wife profusely. My wife introduced me to them and I LOVE them. Excellent idea for a gift, and I may steal it for next year.

its funny, because i was expecting a dickerdoodle to be hidden in the cookies.

hahahah!

In any case, THANK YOU URAHONKY!

Mighty on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh no!!!! I swear I read through your suggestion post about a hundred times! I saw "PS2" and substituted PS3 in my head!! BAH I'm sorry!!

You are so very welcome regardless! Those cookies are awesome, and it was hard to see them go! Either way I hope you spend your 1600 points wisely! And that card was homemade as well... My wife loves her Cricut!

urahonky on
    edited December 2010
    Buy him a PS3.

Arikado on
    edited December 2010
    urahonky wrote: »
    Oh no!!!! I swear I read through your suggestion post about a hundred times! I saw "PS2" and substituted PS3 in my head!! BAH I'm sorry!!

You are so very welcome regardless! Those cookies are awesome, and it was hard to see them go! Either way I hope you spend your 1600 points wisely! And that card was homemade as well... My wife loves her Cricut!

quite all right old bean!

If i did have a PS3, i'd be playing this instead of studying for finals and doing my final project.

No harm, no foul! ( also the card is delightful, tell your wife she is an artist and a scholar ;-) )

Mighty on
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    urahonky wrote: »

quite all right old bean!

If i did have a PS3, i'd be playing this instead of studying for finals and doing my final project.

No harm, no foul! ( also the card is delightful, tell your wife she is an artist and a scholar ;-) )

Will do, hope you have a good holiday season!!

urahonky on
This discussion has been closed.