As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Justice is Like an Ephebophile: Sometimes It Must Go Young

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    i loved it pre time-skip but its only been post time-skip for like 3 episodes so im surprised people like it so much already?? then again lobo showed up within the first 30 seconds

anyway does anyone know if this re-airs i missed the last one sobbb

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I am not a big Lobo fan at all!

Pre-Time Skip I watched the first "season", when they had that long hiatus, and the character's dialogue and personalities really annoyed me. Particuarly Robin, Superboy and Miss Martian.

Then I watched a few after the hiatus and it was better but still not that great.

but between Dick being Nightwing, M'Gann being serious and Blue Beetle and Lagoon Boy joining the team I am totally on board

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    well lagoon boy sucks but other than that agreed

• Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    I'm a Lobo fan but it very much depends on how they handle him

Self-aware overwrought pastiche versus grimdark badass

What I'm saying is, is this a good Lobo appearance or a boring Lobo appearance

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    he was a giant crazy badass but the only thing he did was get in a really cool fight and say a couple of rude things so its hard to tell

• Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    The Main Man has a contact to complete, Edcrab.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    he was a giant crazy badass but the only thing he did was get in a really cool fight and say a couple of rude things so its hard to tell

That is also acceptable!

I always used to like him as a Superman villain because he gets so goddamn angry when Superman beats him

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    well lagoon boy sucks but other than that agreed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UJqtlVZWww&feature=related

• Options
    Also, I fucking love the Time-Jump, and the show was only starting to get good within like the last 6 or so episodes before it.

But having the universe be more developed and cool shit
    like adding in Tim Drake and Barbera and having Aqua Lad be Black Manta? I'm into that. Also this HAS to be leading into new gods right?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    just remembered the percentage of black comic book heroes with 'black' or 'dark' in the name and started gigglesighing really haWOAH HOLD ON A SECOND THEY MADE KALDUR BLACK MANTA???????????????

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    Also, I fucking love the Time-Jump, and the show was only starting to get good within like the last 6 or so episodes before it.

But having the universe be more developed and cool shit
    like adding in Tim Drake and Barbera and having Aqua Lad be Black Manta? I'm into that. Also this HAS to be leading into new gods right?
    I hope so

if only because I find the name glorious godfrey hilarious

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Superboy's roid addiction was my favorite plot thread. I wish they had not resolved it (and the other secrets) in such a tidy, unsatisfying manner.

Anosognos on
    Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options
    Anosognos wrote: »
    Superboy's roid addiction was my favorite plot thread. I wish they had not resolved it (and the other secrets) in such a tidy, unsatisfying manner.

seriously? i thought it was kind of cliche. although i do wish they would have just given him full superman powers after the time jump

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    so they made
    Aqualad
    evil, huh

super

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I kind of like where the show is now even though I'm not a fan of time jumps

and there's still little things that bug me
    like Connor breaking up with Miss Martian because ANGST

and Kaldur becoming Black Manta is kind of uncomfortable

but I do still want to see an episode where Zatanna meets teenage John Constantine

come on show, do this for me

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    @mensch-o-matic

let me tell you about comics black manta

who was a black guy

who wanted to take over atlantis ao black people had somewhere to live

because that happened

oh, it happened

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    AnosognosAnosognos Who wants to play video games?Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Anosognos wrote: »

seriously? i thought it was kind of cliche. although i do wish they would have just given him full superman powers after the time jump

Cliche? I am not aware of too many televised cartoons with multi-episode drug addiction arcs.

If you mean "in stories in general," there is literally nothing not generic about the show.

Anosognos on
    Beemo_Controller.png
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    I really hope
    Aqualad stays evil, rather than being a mole into the Light. I want to see a hero properly fall and turn into a total dick because his girlfriend died.

Seriously. If it turns out he's a spy for YJ then I'll be kind of annoyed.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    We are at odds. Because that is exactly what I want to happen. Makes a lot more sense to me.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    @mensch-o-matic

who was a black guy

because that happened

oh, it happened

I enjoy that on the reveal his exact words where "Why did you think I called myself Black Manta?"

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I know they are tossing in a lot of characters since I had no idea who or what Lagoon boy was but a teenage John Constantine would be rather interesting

Still I am curious what happened to Red Arrow, Artemis, and Kid Flash maybe they went off to look for Speedy

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Jimothy wrote: »
    We are at odds. Because that is exactly what I want to happen. Makes a lot more sense to me.

same.

• Options
    It seems kinda predictable but maybe I've just come to expect twists. That being said, seeing
    One of their teammates go off the rails and be evil would add some tension in the fights. I loved when Kaldur started screaming at Lagoon Boy, Robin, and Aquaman about Aqua Girl's death.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    @mensch-o-matic

who was a black guy

because that happened

oh, it happened

man

i dont

how do you

man

• Options
    @mensch-o-matic

who was a black guy

because that happened

oh, it happened

I enjoy that on the reveal his exact words where "Why did you think I called myself Black Manta?"

man

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Aqualad is the coolest member of the team
    him being a villain is stupid bullshit that really puts me off the show

• Options
    aqualad going evil or not only a girl he liked but a girl who rejected him dying is the most bullshit thing i can even imagine so im hoping theres more to it than that

not to mention that him straight up leaving the team because eeeviiiil is apparently the best the writers can come up with to shoehorn dick as the leader

• Options
    aqualad going evil or not only a girl he liked but a girl who rejected him dying is the most bullshit thing i can even imagine so im hoping theres more to it than that

not to mention that him straight up leaving the team because eeeviiiil is apparently the best the writers can come up with to shoehorn dick as the leader
    I think it's a combination of Aqua Girl dying and finding out his dad is Black Manta, especially since Aquaman kept it from him.

Not the best way to handle him leaving, but I'm interested to see how this plays out, especially if it isn't a creative ploy to have a mole in The Light.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options

Yeah if there is nothing more going on then that is super-shitty.

• Options
    Solar wrote: »

i'm kind of doubting it's that simple. given how much is still left unexplained, that's probably what they want you to think!

• Options

i'm kind of doubting it's that simple. given how much is still left unexplained, that's probably what they want you to think!
    I am pretty sure they don't want me to think they made some stupid creative moves which mean I don't really watch the show any more

• Options

I am pretty sure they don't want me to think they made some stupid creative moves which mean I don't really watch the show any more

i meant that they
    want you to think Aqualad is evil just because his ladycrush died/father is evil probably in an effort to mask what is really going on
    , not that they are making dumb decsisions.

• Options

i meant that they
    want you to think Aqualad is evil just because his ladycrush died/father is evil probably in an effort to mask what is really going on
    , not that they are making dumb decsisions.

Yeah they probably do want me to think that

still

it is annoying in the mean time

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    now that Beastboy is in it I wonder if it'll just naturally become a new Teen Titans next season

because that would be ultra rad and awesome

also I like how Superman and Superboy reached an Uncle/Nephew kinda relationship, entirely offscreen

being totally serious here, watching it actually happen would have been cheesy and boring

now that it is just A Thing it completely fits

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    now that Beastboy is in it I wonder if it'll just naturally become a new Teen Titans next season

because that would be ultra rad and awesome

also I like how Superman and Superboy reached an Uncle/Nephew kinda relationship, entirely offscreen

being totally serious here, watching it actually happen would have been cheesy and boring

now that it is just A Thing it completely fits

Yeah watching the relationships is awesome.
    Miss Martian and Superboy breaking up without having to watch it.

Batman having more faith in Dick while Dick trains Tim

Superman and Superboy

Hell even Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl have a good relationship

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    To be honest, I think it's kind of shitty that they just went "you know all those emotional connections between characters that existed before? Yeah, they are gone now. Here are some new ones."

It's like, I don't want new ones

I want you to resolve the old ones

I liked them and do not care for your new dumb bullshit that you have now sprung on me

Solar on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Well as someone who didn't like any of the old connections

I like the new ones a lot more

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I'm sure they will have flashback episodes to how things went down. In the last two episodes, the show
    Brought up why Aqualad was MIA and what happened with Superboy and Miss Martian

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Which is fair enough

I am not saying you shouldn't

I am just saying that the difference between S1 and S2 to me is very jarring and I do not like it, really

Wish they hadn't done it, since I was really enjoying the show and now it is all different and not that good