As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starcraft 2: New Thread

• Options
    EzekielEzekiel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    Ezekiel wrote: »
    How does the ladder handle a stalemate?

If there's no income, production, or units killed for 3 minutes (a timer shows up), the game ends.

The problem I foresee is end of epic game, map mined out, two maxed armies poking around without fighting, and the game is like FIGHT NOW OR YOU GET A TIE KTHXBAI

I mean win/loss for both players? Or does it get ignored...?

Ezekiel on
    428475-1.png
    I will throw you on the land and hurl you on the open field. I will let all the birds of the air settle on you and all the beasts of the earth gorge themselves on you. I will spread your flesh on the mountains and fill the valleys with your remains. I will drench the land with your flowing blood all the way to the mountains, and the ravines will be filled with your flesh. - Ezekiel 32: 4-6
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How does the ladder handle a stalemate?

If there's no income, production, or units killed for 3 minutes (a timer shows up), the game ends.

The problem I foresee is end of epic game, map mined out, two maxed armies poking around without fighting, and the game is like FIGHT NOW OR YOU GET A TIE KTHXBAI

I mean win/loss for both players? Or does it get ignored...?

There is a "tie" setting for custom games. It just says "tie" in your match history.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would like to share a moment of hilarity from game 4 of last night's bo5:

While clicking on a queen, tapping 'v', and clicking on a hatchery (literally during the progress of these physical actions) I was thinking to myself (click) "Wait, why am I doing this? I have my queens hotkeyed! ('v') I know how to not do this! I should be using the minimap! (click) What the hell is happening to me?

I cannot wait to hear what iNcontroL has to say about my spiral into terribadness. :D

hlprmnky on
    _
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't mind the stalemate change at all. It's going to kill a lot more stupid ass games than it is innocent epic games, and since it isn't the death penalty and human beings, it is acceptable

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    hlprmnky your games were by far the most entertaining of the night if it makes you feel better

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    They really were. Highlight of the event.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    CycloneRangerCycloneRanger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hlprmnky wrote: »

While clicking on a queen, tapping 'v', and clicking on a hatchery (literally during the progress of these physical actions) I was thinking to myself (click) "Wait, why am I doing this? I have my queens hotkeyed! ('v') I know how to not do this! I should be using the minimap! (click) What the hell is happening to me?

I cannot wait to hear what iNcontroL has to say about my spiral into terribadness. :D
    Heh; I forgot to hotkey anything except Nexuses in the game I was macroing for. Click-click-clicking everywhere.

That's a lot more doable when you don't have to actually fight, though.

CycloneRanger on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The two things stuck in my head are:

"Assimilator first" and the Zerglings running through Joe's base doing nothing.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Heh; I forgot to hotkey anything except Nexuses in the game I was macroing for. Click-click-clicking everywhere.

Wait, so I was using more hotkeys than you?

Now that's pretty funny.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    hlprmnky's marathon runners

double retreats

joe K countering hlprmnky's mutalisks with colossus

hlprmnky's marathon runners killing the rocks to the east of the base and then expanding to the west in between the two bases

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Stilts wrote: »

Wait, so I was using more hotkeys than you?

Now that's pretty funny.
    Probably--since Protoss don't need hotkeys for warpgates (it's permanently set to 'w' for the standard control layout) I was just using that and clicking everywhere for robo units and upgrades.

You only need a few colossi, generally, so if you can afford to be staring at your base the whole time anyway there's not as much need to hotkey things.

CycloneRanger on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    immortals to counter hydralisks

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

And the immortals dieing in 1 second each.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I saw that, and in truth immortals aren't terrible against hydralisks. They go about cost-for-cost in small numbers (i.e. before the immortal's fat ass starts to screw things up for his team). The real crime there was that he already had the tech for colossi--making the immortal truly pointless.

Very entertaining, though.

CycloneRanger on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh also FGM, my favourite moment was when Trus played the videos with you in them 8-)

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    yeah I loved that part

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Klyka wrote: »
    Oh also FGM, my favourite moment was when Trus played the videos with you in them 8-)

:^:

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That was one of the games where hlprmnky could have just attacked and won at almost any time until the Colossus came out

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    colossus may be why protoss is so successful in bronze

or void ray? either way, nerds not knowing how to deal with a lot of them

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PantsB wrote: »
    That was one of the games where hlprmnky could have just attacked and won at almost any time until the Colossus came out

...what? Now I'm going to have to watch these replays for sure. :rotate:

hlprmnky on
    _
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hlprmnky's marathon runners

double retreats

joe K countering hlprmnky's mutalisks with colossus

hlprmnky's marathon runners killing the rocks to the east of the base and then expanding to the west in between the two bases

hlprmnky being totally on the ball with spawn larva and having tons of them, but not using any with his thousands of resources

more double retreats

Roach vs Zealot base race (with incontrol's threat to hit a child, which would be justifiable by the charity donations)

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited December 2010

You could have won so easily.

SO EASILY.

The chat was going CRAZY.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It was funny to watch you build up 20+ larvae and float a ton of resources and then just keep making larvae xD

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    so PA tourney today, eh? :D i'm exciting after having missed the last one

Guek on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Is it being streamed? I'd love to watch it.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Trus's value has increased ten fold after last night,we can't afford him any more. The best we can do is colourfully describe the games to you in the thread. Sorry!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    my streak of first round losses is looking pretty solidly like it'll continue with me being paired up against effeh

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Klyka wrote: »

Trus's value has increased ten fold after last night,we can't afford him any more. The best we can do is colourfully describe the games to you in the thread. Sorry!

:cry:

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

once you had the hydras out, you would have been able to a-Move thru my stalker/sentry ball. until the collosus.

as for the immortals, i think that i didn't have the bay down, as i dropped 3 robos at the same time. i'll check though.

callow, you saved the replays, right?

---

on edit - game 4 - only 3 immortals came out because the bay didnt drop until after the three robos, and i produced 3. 1 died right away, 2nd died taking out his natural, 3rd survived.

hlprmnky - watch that game, you totally could have beat me a-moving until the collosus popped. i'm going to take a closer look at game 3, but i think that you just blundered your way to a loss there. The back alley in shakuras is a trap.

--- on edit ---
    yeh, you completely blundered game 3 away. i'm using blunder in the chess sense, you made very bad moves more than me making good moves.

game 2... i'll look at your reactions, but if you scouted and only saw a pylon, in a non-walloff position, your bat-alert should have went off and and assumed cheese incoming.

Joe K on
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Joe K wrote: »

once you had the hydras out, you would have been able to a-Move thru my stalker/sentry ball. until the collosus.

as for the immortals, i think that i didn't have the bay down, as i dropped 3 robos at the same time. i'll check though.

iNControl said it best:

"The Zerg player has so many Hydras but doesn't want to attack with them. He probably played too much Sim City before Starcraft. Well, the Protoss guy has just started making Colossus. I predict he will win by accidentally bumping them into the Hyrda army."

LOL because he was right.

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Here are the diamond game replays if anybody is interested:

repimg-33-171604.jpg

repimg-33-171605.jpg

musanman on
    sic2sig.jpg
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Better quote

"He's going to accidentally get colossi and he will accidentally win the game"

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Seriously is there a stream tonight t_t

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Eclipse,stop being such a stream whore, GOSH!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    3v3v Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Better quote

"He's going to accidentally get colossi and he will accidentally win the game"

Pretty positive after he said this Joe built 3 robo's.

Then produced immortals.

3v on
    512285-1.png
    Koreans 4 Gate like this
    White People 4 gate like this
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Klyka why are you so mean to me t_t

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Klyka why are you so mean to me t_t

The DETECTION

Also:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM7lKwCBJzs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DTgeMejNy8

I would have loved to see those get used :(

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    8-)

EDIT: Those are cool Klyka. Keep all of this stuff around so we can use it next time.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Joe K wrote: »

iNControl said it best:

"The Zerg player has so many Hydras but doesn't want to attack with them. He probably played too much Sim City before Starcraft. Well, the Protoss guy has just started making Colossus. I predict he will win by accidentally bumping them into the Hyrda army."

LOL because he was right.

it wasn't just the hydras, he could have rolled me with his hydras, roaches and 'lings.

maybe elimination game nerves got you callow. you should have skated to the win game 4, or you thought i had a larger force than i did....

Joe K on
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Seriously is there a stream tonight t_t

For the PA tournament? Maybe, if I get my paper done before it starts (and if Lemming takes me out first round...which he will)

Trus on
    qFN53.png