As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starcraft 2: New Thread

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    3v wrote: »
    Better quote

"He's going to accidentally get colossi and he will accidentally win the game"

Pretty positive after he said this Joe built 3 robo's.

Then produced immortals.

yes, 3 of them, while the bay was finishing, out of the 3 robos. i mean, what else would you build before you could actually make the collossus? i fail to see the point here, i just watched the game again, and the bay finished after the immortals.

the bigger question that game was - why so few gates, and why get a stargate at all against the units i was seeing when i was only on 2? robo was the better choice (or templar) at that stage.

Joe K on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WHOO! just broke 2000!

am I gosu now?

Guek on
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Guek wrote: »
    WHOO! just broke 2000!

am I gosu now?

sure, if you also got a time machine that goes back 3 months.
    I'm 700 :(

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grats Guek.

Do you have IHAN TIMINGU?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Joe K wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »
    That was one of the games where hlprmnky could have just attacked and won at almost any time until the Colossus came out

...what? Now I'm going to have to watch these replays for sure. :rotate:

once you had the hydras out, you would have been able to a-Move thru my stalker/sentry ball. until the collosus.

as for the immortals, i think that i didn't have the bay down, as i dropped 3 robos at the same time. i'll check though.

callow, you saved the replays, right?

iNControl said it best:

"The Zerg player has so many Hydras but doesn't want to attack with them. He probably played too much Sim City before Starcraft. Well, the Protoss guy has just started making Colossus. I predict he will win by accidentally bumping them into the Hyrda army."

LOL because he was right.

it wasn't just the hydras, he could have rolled me with his hydras, roaches and 'lings.

maybe elimination game nerves got you callow. you should have skated to the win game 4, or you thought i had a larger force than i did....

My brain was just melted, kaput, done. I wasn't capable of managing using my hotkeys - I really had no idea how much of a force you had or didn't have. Like I said before, spiral into terribadness.

e: Yes, I saved the replays and watched them. How am I not going to save a replay of us vs. iNcontroL?

hlprmnky on
    _
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    VoranthVoranth MI NOMBRE, POR CIERTO ES DONTÉ!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just want to say the stream last night was ridiculously entertaining and the fact that it was for Childs play was even better. I did end up missing the 2v1 at the very end; looking forward to watching the replay for that. Good job everyone involved! For the children, etc.

Voranth on
    camo_sig2.png
    PS4: Voranth
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Voranth wrote: »
    I just want to say the stream last night was ridiculously entertaining and the fact that it was for Childs play was even better. I did end up missing the 2v1 at the very end; looking forward to watching the replay for that. Good job everyone involved! For the children, etc.

repimg-33-171629.jpg

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    My brain was just melted, kaput, done. I wasn't capable of managing using my hotkeys - I really had no idea how much of a force you had or didn't have. Like I said before, spiral into terribadness.

e: Yes, I saved the replays and watched them. How am I not going to save a replay of us vs. iNcontroL?

Nerves. that sucks. you could have forced a game 5 easily and melted... there's a lot of advice for dealing with nerves, but there really was a lot of pressure, with that many people watching, and the casting crew.

Joe K on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Better quote

Then produced immortals.

yes, 3 of them, while the bay was finishing, out of the 3 robos. i mean, what else would you build before you could actually make the collossus? i fail to see the point here, i just watched the game again, and the bay finished after the immortals.

the bigger question that game was - why so few gates, and why get a stargate at all against the units i was seeing when i was only on 2? robo was the better choice (or templar) at that stage.

the problem with building immortals was that the only unit worse against hydras than immortals is corruptors

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Better quote

Then produced immortals.

the problem with building immortals was that the only unit worse against hydras than immortals is corruptors

nah, the worse unit was the VRs that i was sending before i decided that robos would be a good idea....

Joe K on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    why the hell does djwheat's stream always lag for me

it's the only stream that does, and it does it like every time

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    why the hell does djwheat's stream always lag for me

it's the only stream that does, and it does it like every time

Personal vendetta against you

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What's a good way to practice macroing while microing? I tend to macro fine when focusing on my base or even sending in an army (they have some autonomy when they're big and you can a-move around the map). My initial scouting is pretty bad though, and I'll either forget to throw stuff down or lose the probe when I'm not paying attention.

I'd like to start moving away from queued movement so I can start to pay attention to what the other player is doing while scouting with the probe.

GoodKingJayIII on
    Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow, those replays were really...something.

I especially loved how in the 2v1, Joe, you threw down a proxy pylon and gateway while his SVC was following your probes. And, of course, the mutalisk and VR counter to mass marines.

But those games absolutely entertaining, so bravo, gentlemen.

Graviija on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Graviija wrote: »
    Wow, those replays were really...something.

I especially loved how in the 2v1, Joe, you threw down a proxy pylon and gateway while his SVC was following your probes. And, of course, the mutalisk and VR counter to mass marines.

But those games absolutely entertaining, so bravo, gentlemen.

you should have heard the commentary.

i stil can't believe that i never dropped a pylon in the smoke.

Joe K on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Better quote

Then produced immortals.

Build one Robo, then the Bay, then the other two Robos. Ideally the Bay will finish at the same time as the last two Robos. And you should have enough Gateways to spend the Immortal money on Gateway units. Ideally you should never be in a position where you say "Well, I have excess money and these Robos lying around, so I guess I'll make some Immortals".
    What's a good way to practice macroing while microing? I tend to macro fine when focusing on my base or even sending in an army (they have some autonomy when they're big and you can a-move around the map). My initial scouting is pretty bad though, and I'll either forget to throw stuff down or lose the probe when I'm not paying attention.

I'd like to start moving away from queued movement so I can start to pay attention to what the other player is doing while scouting with the probe.
    http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/multitasking-trainer/

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for the replays Joe! I'm stoked to see them with commentary.

How do you guys feel? I hope it was a blast.

Dropping Loads on
    Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Any word on how long until the VODs are out? Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the games yesterday, which means that unless I want it all spoiled for me, I need to avoid any SC2 threads until then :(

Kiz on
    PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Kiz wrote: »
    Any word on how long until the VODs are out? Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch the games yesterday, which means that unless I want it all spoiled for me, I need to avoid any SC2 threads until then :(
    Trus wrote: »
    As for the VoDs:

My classes wrap up (or at least me going to them) on Monday so my current plan is to get the editing done on Monday after I go Christmas shopping. The editing should be fairly quick and easy since I just need to cut the different games apart and maybe throw in some of the transitions that I didn't get to show during the stream.

Once that is done I should be able to upload them over night and hopefully be completely done on Tuesday so that I can start studying for my finals

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    Dropping LoadsDropping Loads Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    And up past $3000 now.

We need to find a way to make the results of this known to PA somehow.

Quoted from a ways back.

Once the vods are up, it will be pretty easy to make a post to the Awesome Posts forums to explain what happened, including Klyka's videos, Dover's art, and the vods.

Dropping Loads on
    Sceptre: Penny Arcade, where you get starcraft AND marriage advice.
    3clipse: The key to any successful marriage is a good mid-game transition.
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    According to Trus he'll edit and upload them in the coming days.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    thats what he said about my tournament vods.

also I see more downloads on my three cannon rush replays posted earlier than on any of my other replays ever posted except the 6pool video from weeks and weeks ago.

I guess people like cheese replays :D

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And up past $3000 now.

We need to find a way to make the results of this known to PA somehow.

Quoted from a ways back.

Once the vods are up, it will be pretty easy to make a post to the Awesome Posts forums to explain what happened, including Klyka's videos, Dover's art, and the vods.

I think 3clipse meant making it known to Gabe and Tycho.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yeah that's what I meant.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    man I am tired and ready to get my games over withs

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Make sure you have

THE STRATEGY

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    thats what he said about my tournament vods.

also I see more downloads on my three cannon rush replays posted earlier than on any of my other replays ever posted except the 6pool video from weeks and weeks ago.

I guess people like cheese replays :D

I said I would get the tournament videos up "eventually"

Eventually can still happen

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    YlonYlon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Same, also I am sick which sucks. ALSO I HATE TVT GOD DAMNIT ARGGGHRGHHGHHRHGH

Ylon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    here is how nerdy I am

1: got up at 6 today to go to work
    2: worked til just after noon, came home, ate, relaxed
    3: dreading these starcraft 2 tournament games
    4: going to nap after these starcraft 2 tournament games
    5: going to wake up at 4 tomorrow to watch starcraft 2 tournament games
    6: probably do really poorly on my finals this week because of starcraft 2 tournament games

luckily I am an english major and can bullshit my way through essays and finals, I don't know how you hard science guys do it

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    GuekGuek Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hey! i'm here! i'm not home though, please wait 15 minutes or so :( please don't cut me yet!!

Guek on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    homeboy we still got 45 minutes til it technically starts

as much as I would love to see your pathetic race exterminated from the tournament, you should be fine

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Has anyone seen this yet?

Tasteless Theme song

I can't stop listening to it!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Haha, love it.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    luckily I am an english major and can bullshit my way through essays and finals, I don't know how you hard science guys do it

We long ago replaced our blood with a solution of caffeine. We don't require your puny earthling "sleep."

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    CasedOutCasedOut Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

We long ago replaced our blood with a solution of caffeine. We don't require your puny earthling "sleep."

Man I am a physics major and I have to spend way more time on my damn liberal arts classes. Math comes so much more easily to me and doesnt require any 20 page papers. I just have to do the homework and I am set.

CasedOut on
    452773-1.png
  • Options
    SaarutoSaaruto Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can't even talk about school. I can't bring myself to speak about it right now. Finals week approaching. Conjures up depressing thoughts.

Saaruto on
    If you can chill, chill.
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    CasedOut wrote: »

Man I am a physics major and I have to spend way more time on my damn liberal arts classes. Math comes so much more easily to me and doesnt require any 20 page papers. I just have to do the homework and I am set.

My programming course took up more time than my Advanced Virology and graduate level Cellular Neuroscience classes combined.

So I understand what you mean :P classes in your major come so much more naturally.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    sotg is live tonight? late again like last time? I think it was like 11 est

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    11:30 PM EST.

So probably live with pre-show around 11 pm EST.

And a Day[9] daily tonight.

Figures all this awesome stuff would happen the day before my neuroscience final. And great GSL matches tonight. Thank god the final is at 5:30 pm xD

3cl1ps3 on