As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA BROBA] League of Legends - Bros Like This Game

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The reason I build Mallet and Trinity is because I like lots of HP, it is definitely redundant considering the slow but that isn't all that either of them do. I don't like being to tanky on Trundle, I don't consider him a tank at all, that isn't to say he can't be built tanky. Either way, the build I roll with usually does fine for me, the only times I get my ass whupped is when their team has a much better make up, I get shut down in the jungle (can happen with any jungler), or my team mostly feeds at the start and decides that its game over at 10 minutes.

I am always open to new build ideas for Trundle though, I'm still working on 3 or 4 different item builds with him so I'm far from having a set build that I like.
    I mostly end up dying.

A bunch.

Like, should I use his Q errday? Should I do W + E all at once so I can get the best of both? I try to either go all out or be defensive and either way I'm confused how to play him. Should I run in and deeps, or should I just be support and wait till my whole team goes in?

Yea, Q errday is how its done, you should be targeting a high physical damage champ and wrecking his shit with your Q+W, throw down an E to either prevent escape, use R on their tank and just go to town on their DPS. I've had a lot of 1v3 fights where their tank was right there so I took sapped his defense and became unkillable for the duration and ended up dominating them and grabbing a kill or two while waiting for my team to show up.

E really only helps when you are hunting people or blocking a path (rather important to figure out which paths it can fully block), I find it works best if you drop your W and drop the pillar just barely outside of the AoE in the direction that the enemy is gonna run. Its so insanely useful, I get a ton of kills that way.

This is basically what I do with him, not really sure what to do to really help you out, I can tell you all day long what I do when I play Trundle but it doesn't mean it will work for you. I'd kind of have to be able to see what exactly you do and give you any advice that I can (I'm far from being a pro and making a tier list).

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    BillGatesBillGates Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man i hated the Dark Lady. She was such a hard carry, fucking Ruined Axe.

BillGates on
    Steam - BillGates91 | LoL - Billbotnik | MWO - BillGates | FFXIV - Leoric Botnik
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I just had one those super-hard fought solo queue games where both teams play really well and are classy to each other at the end.

Was so fun. We had people on our team who were actually communicating and listening to what others on the team had to say, like our Kennen kept running in and dying, so we told him to let me (Tankwick) or Nasus init, and he actually paid attention and stopped doing it. Amazing.

Anyway their Yi got superfed somehow (I wasn't even paying attention to the state of his farming in bottom lane other than to note that he wasn't getting kills, bad on me as the jungle) and he started ripping us apart in teamfights. So we lose a teamfight and lose our mid inhib despite being pretty far ahead in dragons/barons and even in kills and farming. Our Kat, who was a good player and did well solo mid says, that was my bad for not using my exhaust on him, I screwed up. I will do better next time. And I'm like, oh yeah, I need to Ignite him too and ult him when your exhaust ends so he can't lifesteal so hard.

So then we do that, and imagine this, start winning teamfights! And come back from one inhib down to eventually win it.

My score wasn't great, like 6/8/a bunch of assists, because I guess they all decided I should be the focus target (we didn't have a hard carry which was the other problem, our team wasn't a good late game team), but I thought I played well since almost all of my deaths were in teamfights and I always got my ult off and did a lot of damage to their squishies.

Anyway just an all-around fun game to keep my winning streak alive when I thought I was about to lose it. Sometimes solo queue gives you an awesome one.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    MrOlettaMrOletta Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dear Blitzcrank,

I love you.

Sincerely,
    Mroletta
    Blitz_18_0_3.png

MrOletta on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nice blit's end there

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Also:

Madred's Razor
    Boots of Speed
    Guardian Angel
    Finish Mercury Treads
    Finish Madred's Bloodrazor (this is all you have time for in most games)
    Spirit Visage
    Phage -> Frozen Mallet (for super-duper-incredibly long games)

Is so my favorite all around Warwick build.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    well every single hero in LoL without exception just seem to have some things throw together

but panth has a melee damage dealer, a closer with a stun, and a move that lets him leap anywhere on the map. that shit just works together perfectly.

Fiddles has a damage aura ult, a fear that keeps thing in the ult, a silence to stop people from using an escape move and a drain to keep people from gibbing him before the ult ends.

...That's just 'thrown together'?

there, I altered my original post so that it's more in line with your criticism

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ezreal, Kennen, Malphite, Morgana, what the fuck kind of free week is this?

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    Ezreal, Kennen, Malphite, Morgana, what the fuck kind of free week is this?

One I probably wont play much during.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    What's wrong with those champs being free again?

Well Kennen I guess is pretty annoying but I'll just jungle so mwahaha

OremLK on
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    it's sort of bullshit when they accidentally make a hero whose spells all synergize pretty well

As opposed to having seventy Urgots whose spells don't go with each other at all?

Also this free week could be worse.

It could be a Free Teemo Week.

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    it's sort of bullshit when they accidentally make a hero whose spells all synergize pretty well

As opposed to having seventy Urgots whose spells don't go with each other at all?

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Malphite is a dick and Kennen is jerk (when I am not playing him)

Also I kind of have things to do this week but whatever

e: free teemo week is awesome what are you talking about

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Noooo! Don't say it or they wi-

Shit, Teemo is free now

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    im just looking forward to getting to use iralia against people who don't know what do do vs her.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I wonder if I can beat Kennen in lane with Tristana now. Hmm. With all the noob Kennens around this week, it definitely might be possible, plus I have a better idea of how to handle him now.

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

well I mean it's just bullshit vs. heroes that don't synergize at all

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    malphite is an absolute asshole and i love playing him. how is he at jungling?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPDtBsQsxV4

Possibly the only good-ish thing Phreak is involved in??

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    this week is great for me since they have like 4 heroes I want to try

morgana was free when I started playing and I didn't even realize her ult was an aoe. now I got my first triple kill with her. Q someone, WR, win. then as you port back to base you shield yourself and kasus fails to kill you with his ult.

Jars on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Uhhhh urgot's abilities have amazing synergy. It's not lack of Synergy which makes him not amazing.

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Malphite is a pretty good jungle. Some people think that he is wasted in the jungle because his lane is so strong, but it depends on the opposing team comp. The thing is Malphite doesn't scale all that well with items, so the goal of putting him in a solo lane is to shut down a carry's farm. Which only works against some champs (Malphite does have hard counters in the lane, like Morgana, who can just shield his Q and pool to kill the creeps).

OremLK on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh, Kennen's free!

I'm going to go practice with Kennen and see if I can make him work for me.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh, Kennen's free!

Will Kennen Work For You?: A Dissertation On Whether or Not Kennen Is A Good Choice For You

1) Do you have two hands?
    2) With most of their fingers?

If you complete these requirements, then I can say with a 100% guarentee that you can make Kennen work for you.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    I wonder if I can beat Kennen in lane with Tristana now. Hmm. With all the noob Kennens around this week, it definitely might be possible, plus I have a better idea of how to handle him now.

:shock:

Kennen outranges trist until she gets a few levels. If they're smart enough to keep you marked with the occasional autoattack or W, you'll be under threat of death pretty much all the time.

Enjoy your laning phase. :wink:

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Malphite is a pretty good jungle. Some people think that he is wasted in the jungle because his lane is so strong, but it depends on the opposing team comp. The thing is Malphite doesn't scale all that well with items, so the goal of putting him in a solo lane is to shut down a carry's farm. Which only works against some champs (Malphite does have hard counters in the lane, like Morgana, who can just shield his Q and pool to kill the creeps).
    Actually, because of his W, he scales just fine with damage and can really blow someone up if allowed to. Unfortunately, he typically needs to get tank items to not get blown up himself while attempting to do so, but all late Malphite builds should really have a solid damage item in there.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sagaxus wrote: »
    Oh, Kennen's free!

Will Kennen Work For You?: A Dissertation On Whether or Not Kennen Is A Good Choice For You

If you complete these requirements, then I can say with a 100% guarentee that you can make Kennen work for you.

Hey now.

Pimpin' ain't easy.

PalpatineLightning.jpg

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Really any champ which can shield or heal Malphite's harass and benefits more from items than he does is a strong lane against him. I'm thinking champs like Morgana, Gangplank, Nidalee, Sivir...

Edit: Yeah I know Kennen is a stronger lane than Trist and I have to outplay him to beat him. But, he has to land skill shots to harass me effectively, or catch me without creep advantage ('cause he's so squishy I'll just blow him up if he has a load of creeps hitting him too). That Shuriken is tough to avoid but an early BoS would help if I can get my jungle to cover.

OremLK on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    stopgap wrote: »
    im just looking forward to getting to use iralia against people who don't know what do do vs her.

What do you mean? All you do is beat her face in with the superior DPS that every other champ seems to be able to put out

Stragint on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Really any champ which can shield or heal Malphite's harass and benefits more from items than he does is a strong lane against him. I'm thinking champs like Morgana, Gangplank, Nidalee, Sivir...
    Morgana can not deal with Malphite. Her shield is on twice the cooldown of his shard and it'll start cutting through it anyway. On the flipside, she can't do anything at all to him due to his passive, so he's just going to free farm.

EDIT: Irelia actually can do great damage, her issue is her base stats make her a little frail until she gets items.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    She can easily deal with him. All you do is let him zone you when shield is down, then pool the creeps that have built up when shield is up. It's incredibly easy to lane against him if your mechanics are good enough to shield while his Q is traveling.

Edit: Also, zoning Morgana is a bitch because it exposes you to her binding, so... good luck, Malphite.

Gotta realize that Morgana is way better with farm than Malphite. In an equally skilled Morgana/Malphite lane they should go even, which is exactly what Morgana wants.

OremLK on
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ezreal is fun. His voice is lame. That is all.

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    InsanityInsanity Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How are the ~high elo~ pros skilling kennen?

Prioritising Q gives you great laning but sucks for teamfights, while W and E are the opposite, I dunno which to roll with tbh.

Insanity on
    gBpkw.jpg
  • Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    W is not 'the opposite' of great laning. W is one of the better laning moves out there.

Bethryn on
    ...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Minerva_SC wrote: »
    Ezreal is fun. His voice is lame. That is all.

it probably is the real ezreal, but who plays with voices on? I have turned them off since WC3. got tired of hearing them with the amount of clicking this kind of game requires.

Jars on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    She can easily deal with him. All you do is let him zone you when shield is down, then pool the creeps that have built up when shield is up. It's incredibly easy to lane against him if your mechanics are good enough to shield while his Q is traveling.

Edit: Also, zoning Morgana is a bitch because it exposes you to her binding, so... good luck, Malphite.

Gotta realize that Morgana is way better with farm than Malphite. In an equally skilled Morgana/Malphite lane they should go even, which is exactly what Morgana wants.
    Uh, no, Malphite's just going to sit on creeps and farm and Q her whenever she gets close. Willingly letting herself get zoned means she's losing the matchup. She is not going to have any opportunity to Binding him provided he's not awful. Morgana's farm pushes the lane, leading to her being zoned more. This is not a good thing.

I used to main both Morg and Malphite before they were popular, I'm very familiar with what both of them are capable of.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Mei HikariMei Hikari Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nom Nom motherfuckers
    nomnom.jpg

Mei Hikari on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sagaxus wrote: »
    Oh, Kennen's free!

*looks at hands*

Okay. Okay, wait... how many fingers is most of my fingers?

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Insanity wrote: »
    How are the ~high elo~ pros skilling kennen?

Prioritising Q gives you great laning but sucks for teamfights, while W and E are the opposite, I dunno which to roll with tbh.

Matchup dependent.

I -prefer- W at first level, Q at 2nd, E at 3rd, then W at levels 4 and 5. but it sometimes works better to focus more on Q. W certainly doesn't suck for laning, but the active IS on a long cooldown at low levels. Generally speaking, during laning phase Kennen with a W charge stored is a threat, and kennen without a charge is not. To that end, it helps to have some attack speed.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I've played both of them plenty myself. There are only seven seconds where Malphite's Q will be up while Morgana's shield is down. There's no way he can deny you because you just wait on the cooldown for shield, then pool the creeps, then step back again. You might miss one here or there or take the occasional Q if he's zoning you perfectly, but it'll still be a net advantage to your team because Morgana is just so much incredibly better than Malphite in the late game with items.

Also, Malphite will run out of mana before Morgana because she has higher base mana stats and shield is more mana efficient than Q.

If you were losing to Malphite in a lane as Morgana, I'm sorry, but you were getting outplayed.

OremLK on