As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MOBA BROBA] League of Legends - Bros Like This Game

• Options
    stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i have a problem, if i want to use casters i am going to need to buy a whole new page of runes... this saddens me, as i am the ip less person right now.

stopgap on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey. http://pastebin.com/LRGkipDr
    "While her sister Katarina has always been the most celebrated member of the household, the Du Couteau family has a long history of service to Noxus. It has often been said that no soldier has ever been as fortunate as General Du Couteau to have been graced with daughters. His youngest, Cassiopeia - despite lacking her sister's killer instincts - was equally renowned in court for her stately character and elegance. Cunning as she was beautiful, the temptress could never be found far from the arm of any foreign dignitary, her wiles prying secrets from the lips of even the most wary attached. With the Noxian barbarian pacification campaign having ground to a standstill, Cassiopeia had set her sights on a diplomat from a tribe of the Freljord region. Thinking him an easy mark, the scheming seductress set about beguiling him. He refused to confide in her, however, until she swore an oath of secrecy upon his sword - a strange weapon with a serpentine curve to the blade. Once her tryst was over, Cassiopeia provisioned her father with information regarding the barbarian resistance. As she divulged this intelligence, a wave of revulsion washed over her. She screamed in agony as her silky skin hardened to scales, her lustrous hair thickened to leather, and her manicured fingernails sharpened to claws. Dazed, she fell upon a group of horrified servants, rending them limb from limb in a heartbeat. When it was over the blood soaked figure was no longer the ravishing jewel of the Noxian court, but a horror trapped somewhere between woman and serpent. Unable to serve in her traditional capacity, Cassiopeia departed for the League, continuing her service to Noxus on the Fields of Justice.

'Though she may have appeared the innocent flower, she was the serpent under it.' - Katarina, the Sinister Blade"

E: Abilities -

Passive - Deadly Cadence
    "After casting a spell any subsequent spellcasts will cost 10% less for 5 seconds. This ability stacks up to 5 times."

Miasma
    "Cassiopeia releases a cloud of poison, lightly damaging and slowing any enemy that happens to pass through it."

Cassiopeia releases a growing cloud of poison that lasts for 7 seconds. Any enemy that passes through it is poisoned, dealing magic damage each second and slowing them by [?%]. Continual exposure renews this poison.

Noxious Blast
    "Cassiopeia blasts an area with a delayed high damage poison, granting her increased Movement Speed if she hits a champion."

Cassiopeia blasts an area with a delayed high damaging poison, dealing magic damage over 3 seconds and granting her movement Speed for 2 seconds if she hits a champion.

Petrifying Gaze
    "Cassiopeia releases a swirl of magical energy from her eyes, stunning any enemies in front of her that are facing her and slowing any others with their back turned."

Cassiopeia deals magic damage to all enemies in front of her. Enemies facing her are stunned for 2 seconds while enemies facing away are slowed by [?%].

Twin Fang
    "Cassiopeia lets loose a damaging attack at her target. If the target is poisoned the cooldown of this spell is refreshed."

Cassiopeia deals magic damage to her target. If the target is poisoned then Twin Fang's cooldown is reduced to .5 seconds.

edit: of course we don't know if these are real until the official announcement

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Petrifying Gaze + Trynd's Mocking Shout = potential for hilarity

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sagaxus wrote: »
    Hey.
    http://pastebin.com/LRGkipDr
    "While her sister Katarina has always been the most celebrated member of the household, the Du Couteau family has a long history of service to Noxus. It has often been said that no soldier has ever been as fortunate as General Du Couteau to have been graced with daughters. His youngest, Cassiopeia - despite lacking her sister's killer instincts - was equally renowned in court for her stately character and elegance. Cunning as she was beautiful, the temptress could never be found far from the arm of any foreign dignitary, her wiles prying secrets from the lips of even the most wary attached. With the Noxian barbarian pacification campaign having ground to a standstill, Cassiopeia had set her sights on a diplomat from a tribe of the Freljord region. Thinking him an easy mark, the scheming seductress set about beguiling him. He refused to confide in her, however, until she swore an oath of secrecy upon his sword - a strange weapon with a serpentine curve to the blade. Once her tryst was over, Cassiopeia provisioned her father with information regarding the barbarian resistance. As she divulged this intelligence, a wave of revulsion washed over her. She screamed in agony as her silky skin hardened to scales, her lustrous hair thickened to leather, and her manicured fingernails sharpened to claws. Dazed, she fell upon a group of horrified servants, rending them limb from limb in a heartbeat. When it was over the blood soaked figure was no longer the ravishing jewel of the Noxian court, but a horror trapped somewhere between woman and serpent. Unable to serve in her traditional capacity, Cassiopeia departed for the League, continuing her service to Noxus on the Fields of Justice.

'Though she may have appeared the innocent flower, she was the serpent under it.' - Katarina, the Sinister Blade"

E: Abilities -

Passive - Deadly Cadence
    "After casting a spell any subsequent spellcasts will cost 10% less for 5 seconds. This ability stacks up to 5 times."

Miasma
    "Cassiopeia releases a cloud of poison, lightly damaging and slowing any enemy that happens to pass through it."

Cassiopeia releases a growing cloud of poison that lasts for 7 seconds. Any enemy that passes through it is poisoned, dealing magic damage each second and slowing them by [?%]. Continual exposure renews this poison.

Noxious Blast
    "Cassiopeia blasts an area with a delayed high damage poison, granting her increased Movement Speed if she hits a champion."

Cassiopeia blasts an area with a delayed high damaging poison, dealing magic damage over 3 seconds and granting her movement Speed for 2 seconds if she hits a champion.

Petrifying Gaze
    "Cassiopeia releases a swirl of magical energy from her eyes, stunning any enemies in front of her that are facing her and slowing any others with their back turned."

Cassiopeia deals magic damage to all enemies in front of her. Enemies facing her are stunned for 2 seconds while enemies facing away are slowed by [?%].

Twin Fang
    "Cassiopeia lets loose a damaging attack at her target. If the target is poisoned the cooldown of this spell is refreshed."

Cassiopeia deals magic damage to her target. If the target is poisoned then Twin Fang's cooldown is reduced to .5 seconds.
    edit: of course we don't know if these are real until the official announcement

Thanks for posting this!

That said, not really looking forward to this champ.
    She seems pretty boring to me.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    She's also squishy as fuck and if someone has an Oracle's, she's highly likely to get exploded when she goes in, even when fed. (She might kill a dude still, but she ain't getting out is what I'm saying.)

No, cuz it's like, 'oh look, there's Akali! oh fuck it's rammus from behind us. shitshitshit run. oh right we can't run cuz it's akali. turn around and fiOHWHENDIDISUDDENLYBECOMEDEAD'

She melts people so damn fast you'd have to get some CC on her to give your carries time to take her out, and good luck doing that at long range when she's hiding in her cloud.

She's not even all that squishy, depending on the build. If she goes Rageblade/Gunblade she'll have the spell vamp to keep her life up, if she goes Rylai's she has a decent sized life pool, if she snowballs Leviathan (only seen that once; probably has dubious effectiveness for it's cost) she has a decent life pool +15% damae reduction.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I love DoT's for some stupid reason.

I'mma probably love Cassiopeia. That skillset sounds pretty fun (even if it seems franken-skill-y).

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Actually, that last ability that refreshes on blasting poisoned people could be a lot of fun paired with her passive.

She's obviously teemo's waifu, as the expression goes.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    She's also squishy as fuck and if someone has an Oracle's, she's highly likely to get exploded when she goes in, even when fed. (She might kill a dude still, but she ain't getting out is what I'm saying.)

No, cuz it's like, 'oh look, there's Akali! oh fuck it's rammus from behind us. shitshitshit run. oh right we can't run cuz it's akali. turn around and fiOHWHENDIDISUDDENLYBECOMEDEAD'

She melts people so damn fast you'd have to get some CC on her to give your carries time to take her out, and good luck doing that at long range when she's hiding in her cloud.

She's not even all that squishy, depending on the build. If she goes Rageblade/Gunblade she'll have the spell vamp to keep her life up, if she goes Rylai's she has a decent sized life pool, if she snowballs Leviathan (only seen that once; probably has dubious effectiveness for it's cost) she has a decent life pool +15% damae reduction.
    I don't want to quote OremLK here, but if you let Rammus get behind you *and* Fiddlesticks ulted in you fucked up.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    shes like, poisonous anivia

she was designed by the guy who designed anivia wasn't she?

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I suspect he's being poetic.
    The point is, she really can pretty much engage and disengage at will, even when there's an oracle involved.

Sometimes in inhib-turret push-attempt situations I'll bink a squishy for half their life then flash out just to be a dick. Gotta make sure those casters know who's boss, you know?

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I don't want to quote OremLK here, but if you let Rammus get behind you *and* Fiddlesticks ulted in you fucked up.

...What fiddles?

They came in for dragon as Akali was doing it. I powerballed in from mid, rest of the team came in from blue. I think most of the enemies were dead by the time they got there though.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    nealcm wrote: »
    shes like, poisonous anivia

she was designed by the guy who designed anivia wasn't she?

Anivia, Taric, Nidalee and some other things I am forgetting. Brackhar ownz.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    Minerva_SCMinerva_SC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Morde beats malphite easy 1v1. That is not a good match for malphite. Morse simply needs to keep his shield charged (which is stupid easy and he malphite will simply waste his mana. trust me, I've done this one a lot. :(

edit: my replies to stuff are always so slow...

Minerva_SC on
    "If a cherry pie filled cape is wrong, I don't want to be right.
    I'm dead serious."
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That sounds like a workable skill set.

Attack her head on, she stuns you, nukes you to hell, poisons you further, and starts hitting you with a fast recharging attack.

Try to run away? You get slowed, nuked to hell and poisoned while she speeds up and hits you with a fast recharging attack.

All the while her combo reduces her mana costs so she can keep it up til you're dead.

It may be pretty cool.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    it sounds fun from my point of view

(i'm the one playing her)

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am pretty sure Slicer ridiculed me for buying a zeal : (

Akali with health and resistances is still going to get killed really quickly by a team with oracle's and any burst damage at all. Lifesteal definitely won't matter most of the time.

Frosteey on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Slicer ridiculed me for buying a zeal : (

Akali with health and resistances is still going to get killed really quickly by a team with oracle's and any burst damage at all. Lifesteal definitely won't matter most of the time.

I wasn't criticizing! I was genuinely wondering why you got one on Sona. I find the idea pretty amusing in fact, especially since we were winning so hard.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    movespeed buff, would be my guess.

you can never have too much move speed.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    FalstaffFalstaff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was trying to think of a single word to describe the playstyle of Locket + Visage Gragas. I came up with "belligerent."

How incredibly appropriate.

Falstaff on
    Still verbing the adjective noun.
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Sokpuppet wrote: »
    Realistically, nobody on the other team has money for an oracle, because I've killed them all so many times. :rotate:
    No, when you have a stealther like her you set aside money for an Oracle's, fuck your build, full stop. :P

Ideally you just kill her a bunch of times in the lane before she's level 6 and then she is super underleveled and useless in the mid to late game.

Although I suppose that can't always happen. But Akali is so very weak before 6.

Anyway, winning streak: Broken :( So sad. Although I guess I can't complain about a 4 for 5 day.

I guess.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    poooor baby! 80% win rate QQ

It takes something special to kill Akali in laning phase. Smokebomb is a very, very strong getaway tool and ganks generally won't do the trick. Only time I've ever been shut down was by a very, very, very good shen + pantheon premade.

Sokpuppet on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ALRIGHT. ONE MORE GAME BEFORE I CAN TRUNDLE.

ITS TIME.

CAPS LOCK TRYNDAMERE ENGAGED.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010

It takes something special to kill Akali in laning phase. Smokebomb is a very, very strong getaway tool and ganks generally won't do the trick. Only time I've ever been shut down was by a very, very, very good shen + pantheon premade.
    I kill Akali on ganks somewhat regularly as Amumu, but he obviously has the tools for it.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I kill Akali on ganks somewhat regularly as Amumu, but he obviously has the tools for it.

YES, AN OP CHAMP LIKE MUMU CAN PROBABLY KILL AKALI PRE-6 WITH GREAT EASE. :P

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have just experienced the trolliest of trolling of mutherfucking trolling Vlad experiences ever.

pooll.png

I go to ward their blue and walk into a murderbush of all five of them with my team nearbye.
    Pool -> Ult -> Zhonya's -> Pool -> SHEN ULTS ME -> Pool -> ACE

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I have just experienced the trolliest of trolling of mutherfucking trolling Vlad experiences ever.

pooll.png

I go to ward their blue and walk into a murderbush of all five of them with my team nearbye.
    Ace with 0 deaths on our part, I might add.

Spent most of the game killing towers and controlling Dragon instead of teamfighting. I don't think I let Udyr get one Dragon that game. :3

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Well-timed CC still does the trick, but yeah, Shroud does make it difficult to keep her down too much before 6. It's really the best time to be aggressive against her though.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So is there some sort of agreed on kennen build or should I just keep rushing zhonyas and laughing as I ult and they can do nothing?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    So is there some sort of agreed on kennen build or should I just keep rushing zhonyas and laughing as I ult and they can do nothing?

YOU SHOULD ENGAGE YOUR CAPS LOCK KEY AND SOLO QUEUE WITH TRYNDAMERE UNTIL YOU LOSE A GAME. AND CAPS DOES NOT COME OFF UNTIL THAT HAPPENS.

AND YOU MUST CHOOSE REVIVE AS ONE OF YOUR SUMMONER SPELLS

WAIT WHAT WAS THE QUESTION?

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR QUESTION WAS

THE ANSWER IS TRYNDAMERE

1-0

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That was awesome.

4v5 after a shitty Blitz qq'd. And we scored 3 Aces anyway before we finally had to surrender because Yi & Ryze couldn't figure out how to not get ganked.

One of the Aces was me Reviving and running down a low Ashe and low EZ.

Oh man.

So priceless.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Options
    TeknoXITeknoXI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

pooll.png

Ace with 0 deaths on our part, I might add.

Spent most of the game killing towers and controlling Dragon instead of teamfighting. I don't think I let Udyr get one Dragon that game. :3

I ulted you once too when you were about to die. Got you 2 kills. I had to give up the Teemo kill tho. Oh well. Not one of us died.

TeknoXI on
    League of Legends: TeknoXI
  • Options
    CWheezyCWheezy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    to be honest with the changes to pantheon I dunno if I can play this game any more.

Any time i play him he feels like shit, to me these are still nerfs. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I always have no mana, and the combo feels week as fuck even with rank 2 and three there.

CWheezy on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Elldren wrote: »

Apparently attack speed is like a real build and stuff. But I think most just do AP yeah. Rylai's is a common item for Kennen I think since he can just kite people around really easily with his E and the slow.

OremLK on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    played a seventy five minute game

they talked shit the entire time

at one point we had two of their inhibs down, even

they finally won and called us garbage

sigh

Organichu on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Akali vs Morde question. If she throws down the smoke and I hit my shield o' spinning metal goodness, is she still taking that damage while invisible? Before I could afford an oracle it seemed the best counter I could think of early on.

cptrugged on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    CWheezy wrote: »
    to be honest with the changes to pantheon I dunno if I can play this game any more.

Any time i play him he feels like shit, to me these are still nerfs. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but I always have no mana, and the combo feels week as fuck even with rank 2 and three there.

i've done significantly better with panth after the patch

Organichu on
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

i don't know what you're doing wrong because all i've been hearing about re: pantheon since the patch was how ridic he is

interrobang on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

What has changed about your mana usage? And have you tried spear 1 rank max heartseeker? Vary your style brah!

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Just played my first ranked game in quite awhile. It was extremely close, they managed to get a Baron on us late game, like we knew they were there and stuff but did not go in on them quick enough. Any team with Kog'Maw just melts it ridiculously fast and our tank I guess underestimated the speed at which they could DPS it and didn't init quite in time.

So we turtled and held them off at our base and they didn't manage to knock down our mid tower. Then we just poked around and got some ganks and won a couple teamfights after their buff dropped, got Baron when it respawned, pushed, and won.

I didn't play a great Warwick game, but it wasn't bad. Had a great early game, made some bad decisions and failganks midgame, then got it back together late game to an extent. Since it was close, I can honestly say they if I had played any worse we probably would have lost, so there you go, one more piece of evidence that there are plenty of games where you do make the difference between winning and losing in solo queue ranked.

That said, I didn't play well enough to carry the game or anything. I'd call it an average game for me. Our Akali and Miss Fortune carried the team.

OremLK on
  • Options
    TeknoXITeknoXI Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    cptrugged wrote: »
    Akali vs Morde question. If she throws down the smoke and I hit my shield o' spinning metal goodness, is she still taking that damage while invisible? Before I could afford an oracle it seemed the best counter I could think of early on.

Akali will still take damage as normal if she wasn't stealth. You can use both your Siphon and your "spinning metal goodness" and she'll take damage. Be careful wandering into the cloud. It's what she wants you to do when your shield is low. She hits really hard.

TeknoXI on
    League of Legends: TeknoXI