As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ANDROID] - Game #1: Rebooted - starts on page 14

• Options
    XiVXiV Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    While we're waiting, I might as well show what my turn is like so far:

6: Follow up lead at Old War Memorial to uncover conspiracy, place + puzzle piece in A3, grab a society favor
    5: Move to Nat's Microbrewery
    4: Move to Starlight Crusade and draw light card

I'll continue my turn (with flava) after I have confirmation of interrupts.

XiV on
  • Options
    MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    He passes.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I don't know what's real anymore. All the links appear to be in place, yet I can't seem to connect them together. What on earth is Cardinal Reese up to? Are the men in cloth privy to this case as well?

I shadowed him closely as he left the memorial. His driver took the necessary precautions, taking twists and turns before landing in front of the Starlight Crusade. There he remained, probably in his quarters. I don't think there's anything else I can do there, so I left.

I reckoned that the most useful thing to do with my time left is more research, and the second biggest library here in the city belongs to the University. When I get there, though, I found the microfilm room ransacked and the night guard unconscious. Interesting. Someone must have thought there are dangerous data here, and took it with them. There's no way to find out the contents of the missing files, but whatever is in there, it was dated 2 years ago.

I feel like I may have bitten off more than I can chew here. Like a drunk clown, bumbling into one obstacle after another. I headed to the Diner for a bite and some hard-hitting coffee. The person I least expected to see, the heir to the Haas empire, was there. I doubt he was there for the food.

6: Follow up lead at Old War Memorial to uncover conspiracy, place + puzzle piece in A3, grab a society favor
    5: Move to Nat's Microbrewery
    4: Move to Starlight Crusade and draw light card
    3: Move to Levy University and draw light card
    2: Follow up physical lead at University for evidence. Place on Noise.
    1: Move to Jack's Diner and draw Rachel dark card (6 cards in hand)

I ended my turn on Seedy there, but since Floyd passes, we can move on I believe.

XiV on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Green physical -> Thorgun's Free Clinic
    Red physical -> Bradbury Towers

I don't move leads near people who threaten me with bad baggage. :P

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    lol You need an excuse, drunkard? :D

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'll be going to seedy this turn. Anyone? Bueller?

(Updating images for the board and Louis now.)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    My dark card for you is unfortunately rather prohibitively priced. Pass.

XiV on
  • Options
    scrivenerjonesscrivenerjones Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    nothing here!!

scrivenerjones on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I should be fully dark shifted from my Day 5 turn, but my card is showing me at the midpoint. You probably missed my 2nd light card since I didn't include it in my flight plan (drew it that turn).

Not that it matters, because I'm light-shifting 3 for this:
    RACHEL - 3 - This is a disaster. (A Friend Indeed) - Play at the start of Rachel's turn. If she has four or more cards in her hand, she discards three cards at random. If she has fewer than four cards in her hand, she loses $2,000.

This might change your plans for the turn, I suspect.

Looks like little Rachel needs to get her act together...

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Vyolynce wrote: »
    This might change your plans for the turn, I suspect.

Doesn't change my plan to grab some fine VPs! But I did want to keep my cards.

Random.org, spit out the following top 3 from my list of cards in hand:
    4 - Just think about what you're doing, Rachel. (A Friend Indeed)
    1 - Are you sure I can't help? (Father's Day)
    2 - The mark is Joe Banks, an ex-con. (Father's Day)

Playing them in handtracker now.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Or I was going to, if handtracker behaves. Got an application error when I played the second one.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I may change my move anyways. Dumping on you would be fun, and picking up +8 points from Li would be nice. But in doing some math there are still 2 hits in the conspiracy, I think, and I'd hate to see someone else have fun with them.

I'll decide when the tracker is back up!

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    picking up +8 points from Li would be nice.

On that note, do you think we could get the current event(s) added to the OP/2ndP? It's a nuisance to dig through the thread to find them.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    picking up +8 points from Li would be nice.

On that note, do you think we could get the current event(s) added to the OP/2ndP? It's a nuisance to dig through the thread to find them.

Added them beneath the map in the spoiler. And I have played the third card. Standby for my turn, not that anyone is waiting up. :D

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In the interests of moving things along, I'll just post my actions. I haven't been in a creative mood lately.

1 - Drop ship to Mycroft Cemetery
    • Draw a Raymond card
    2 - Follow up the lead to uncover the conspiracy 3 - Move to Freetown
    • Draw a Caprice card (Darian has to give me the top card.)
    4 - Follow up the lead to uncover the conspiracy 5 - Move to Free Flyer's Club
    • Discard my poison glands and place the killing blow on Vinnie
    6 - Follow up the lead to uncover the conspiracy
    • +1 Bad to Floyd for his plot
    • +1 Bad to Raymond for the piece
    • | with physical evidence and hit; Woohoo! Place the killing blow on Mark Henry and secure my Innocent hunch. :D
    • Move the physical lead from Emvee's Electronics to Armitage Software

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Damn it. I just screwed myself out of some points. lol

I double-checked and innocent hunches on dead suspects don't pay off either.

It's OK though, I'm a proponent of not taking moves back, so I'll live and learn. :)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The map, Rachel, Raymond and Floyd have all been updated.

Waiting on the Caprice card from Darian, and Louis has 3 leads to move (they're offset on the map.)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Card given.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I double-checked and innocent hunches on dead suspects don't pay off either.

I believe the official reasoning behind that is "Because they're dead, so what difference does guilt or innocence make now?"

Also, I'm pretty sure the Vinnie lead has to be removed, not moved. Same with Mark Henry's.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Also, I'm pretty sure the Vinnie lead has to be removed, not moved. Same with Mark Henry's.

Let me know if you find a reference for this, because the rules on Hits and killed suspects don't say anything like that.
    When a player is instructed to place a hit token on a suspect, he chooses one of the active suspects and places a hit token on that suspect’s sheet. If a suspect ever has three hits on his sheet, that suspect is immediately killed. When a suspect is killed, return all of the evidence, hit, and alibi tokens on his suspect sheet to their respective piles, and then turn the suspect sheet facedown.

After a suspect is killed, hit tokens may not be removed from that suspect (although some game effects do allow hit tokens to be removed from a suspect before he dies).

At the end of the game, neither guilty nor innocent hunches indicating dead suspects pay off. The suspect clearly wasn’t the murderer, and he may have been innocent, but he’s dead now, so who cares?

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It would make sense, though. Unless you're going to collect your evidence via Ouija board...

This BGG thread supports the suspicion, although the clarification obviously didn't make it into the FAQ.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    It would make sense, yes. But since it wasn't in the rules or the FAQ I assumed it was for balance reasons so the lead pool does not get reduced until the last 2 days of the investigation.

We will run with it as is, since I can't count a BGG thread as an official rules change.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Mycroft Cemetery -> The Root

Freetown -> Tranquility Home

[strikE]Vinnie's dead body[/strike] Eliza's Toybox -> Roxie's HT Cabaret

I agree with keeping testimonies for the dead men in play. Witnesses can testify to what they were up to before they bit the dust, and maybe incriminate the other guys.

And yeah, you screwed up my hunches as well that turn. Oh well :P

So much for the whole "protect the Beckmann girl" thing - she just took down the meanest SOB this side of the river. I've clearly been set up.

XiV on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I was also surprised to learn that you get the bonuses for conspiracy pieces even if you don't actually place the piece, which seems stupid. Mord kind of gamed the system a bit by card-counting. (Not complaining, mind. Just sayin'.)

Although on that point the only tile left is the link to Haas-Bioroid. :P

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I would have wailed and lamented if it had come up as my third one. :D

Now if I can get to [STRIKE]Tanaka[/STRIKE] Li and spend some time at H.L., Thoris can bite my ass too. ;)

Floyd is up, and no one has Dark cards.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    The scribe seems to be out of the game.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    >_<

Although to be fair it's almost impossible to follow anything with the server issues lately.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    No kidding, my posts just aren't coming through the server these past few days.

XiV on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'll make it official, and go ahead and call it game over.

I like to think I was on my way to victory though. :D

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Suppose we've struggled to keep 5 players going for most this game (4 months, really?).

Was wondering why everyone else was so willing to connect favors to the conspiracy-don't think I would have been able to outgather you or XiV. Seemed a little ridiculous that the two favors it costs to get a jinteki token would be worth more and it was worth as much as it could be worth.

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It's more that you guys make ridiculous circular links so that every end connected to the conspiracy has a 5x multiplier or something. Normally the favor connections ain't that broken, I think.

Also I'm in no way in the running for victory now since Mord killed off my primary hunch :P

XiV on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hehe.. I love Rachel.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Yeah, Mark Henry was my guilty hunch so I was sort of adrift after that last turn. Of course, that only worked for this specific murder due to the reduced hit requirement. :P

Was probably going to shore up my plot, since it was really my only shot at VP at that point. I had one light card that made everyone discard a Raymond Dark and a "counterspell" to protect me from too much baggage heading my way.

I was hoping to draw into Raymond's light card that lets him realign an already-placed piece of the Conspiracy when he reveals a new one; if I had been able to play it I would have completely devalued the Street Favors (and earned some points for completing three lines by placing at A1). Of course, it only works if there's still a piece to play, which is why I was more than a little annoyed at being able to just burn them for almost no reason.

The crazy links really depends on the order the pieces come up. I'm pretty sure there are more crosses and Ts in the higher-valued piles, but I haven't checked to make sure.

Well, thanks for hosting Mord. It was fun while it lasted!

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Indeed, thanks Mord for the trouble. I think this game need a moderator for all the wacky things the cards can do that handtracker can't really handle properly.

I really like the feel and concept of the game although the execution can be sloppy at times. I think someone mentioned that it collapses under the weight of its ambition, which I guess is rather apt. I definitely had fun, but I can see why a lot of people don't.

XiV on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Definitely an interesting game, but I never could wrap my head around everything happening here. Thanks for running it, Mord!

Darian on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Darian wrote: »
    Definitely an interesting game, but I never could wrap my head around everything happening here. Thanks for running it, Mord!

You showed interest when I mentioned modding it long ago. At least you got to see it in action. Still a game I enjoy playing for the screw your neighbour approach. :)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    Super thread necro, but I just finished reading Free Fall and I thought some of you guys might be interested in checking it out.

51eDr4XHRLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    Just played this live. Android running again anytime soon here?

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    This isn't a necro, this is brain-mapping and being rebuilt. :P

So i stopped into my local store, saw Netrunner got rereleased as part of this universe, saw this game then saw the other game in the franchise..... I want it all.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Nocren wrote: »
    This isn't a necro, this is brain-mapping and being rebuilt. :P

So i stopped into my local store, saw Netrunner got rereleased as part of this universe, saw this game then saw the other game in the franchise..... I want it all.
    I just played Android: Infiltration tonight and it was terrific. My group loved it. I want Netrunner too but it's much rarer for me to be in a situation to play a 2-player game.