As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ANDROID] - Game #1: Rebooted - starts on page 14

• Options
    XiVXiV Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I done register'd, same username as this one, caps and all.

XiV on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Caprice>Rachael>Floyd>the rest

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    MordenthralMordenthral Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Spawnbroker = Raymond
    XiV = Louis
    SeGaTai = Caprice

GoodOmens = ?
    Darian = has no preference

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In going over the setup instructions in the rulebook again, I noticed the below and I chortled heartily.
    Then, select the three murder-specific event cards corresponding to the murder being played, shuffle them, and choose one at random. Without looking at it, place it facedown in the indicated space next to the board and return the other two cards to the box without looking at them, along with the other murder-specific event cards.

Seating order is sign up order:
    [COLOR="Lime"]Darian[/COLOR] -> GoodOmens -> SeGaTai -> Spawnbroker -> XiV
    [COLOR="Lime"]......[/COLOR] -> ......... -> Caprice -> Raymond.... -> Louis

And not being able to effectively tell who has read the most science fiction, I will randomise the starting player: XiV

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I would prefer Floyd, if Darian doesn't object.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rachel needs to draw 2 extra Twilight cards.

e- I'm updating the player cards and just need to know which ones. :)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So you're saying it is time to review the rules, again?

I'll take two of my light cards. Might as well try to stick on the good side of my plot.

Darian on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't your light cards cause you to go to the dark side of your plot? I don't really know what the plot cards say or the conditions for each one, since I only have the online rules to go off of.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Well, my plot right now appears to be:
    A Friend In Need: Oliver finds an incredibly valuable and difficult hit for you.

* You can draw up to 3 light cards by adding 1 bad baggage to this plot.
    * Good: Concern. 1 each time your money increases or you play a light card.
    * Bad: Greed. 1 each time your money decreases or a dark card is played on you.

And I assumed that the "good" effect would be of benefit to me.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh neat, are those on the hand tracker?

*goes and tries to find his plot card*

Edit: OP Reading fail. I hadn't checked the OP in a while and didn't notice the plot cards under the character descriptions. My bad, carry on.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Everyone go ahead and draw 2 of your own light cards and 1 dark card of the person to your left (the images in the OP show what you should have if you don't know who's to your left.) Rachel gets two extra light cards. Everyone then also draws one of Raymond's Memory cards (Raymond has his already: "Wrapped Up in Himself.")

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Cards drawn, and oh god I think I need to read the rules again...

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    What do you have a question about? :)

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Clarification, person to my left means Louis draws Rachel's dark card? (I don't have privilege to do so in the tracker)

XiV on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    It's not a general question, I know the general aspects of the game and what I need to be doing, it's just a question of remembering what each location can do for me, really.

Edit: One thing I'd like to see if you have the time, would be either a graphical representation or text indicating what favor tokens for each of your NPCs will get you. For example, what does a Kate favor token for Raymond count as, etc.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    XiV wrote: »
    Clarification, person to my left means Louis draws Rachel's dark card? (I don't have privilege to do so in the tracker)

Fixed. Last time I updated the permissions was before I knew who had Rachel and Floyd.

Spawnbroker, I'll add some details of that in the terms and tokens rule overview section.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    All drawn up

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Drawn 4 light, Floyd dark, and Raymond memory

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I drew 2 light and Louis dark.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Drawn 2 Light Louis, 1 Dark Rachel, 1 Memory

Blue is the color of the NAPD uniform, so dibs.

XiV on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Waiting on GoodOmens. Note that your names and the character names are both in order in the OP.

I'll add colours for those that pick them.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I got my light cards and my Caprice dark card, but I'm getting an error when I try to draw Raymond's Memory card.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The deck is empty and the log says you drew one. Is it not in your hand?

e- As an aside, the error was probably triggered by having nothing to shuffle when the last card was drawn.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Two more notes: He who follows up a lead, can put whatever spin on it they want to advance the story; and if you question a suspect (follow up a testimony lead) the evidence gained doesn't have to go on THAT suspect. They can give you dirt on the other suspects.

OK, let's tell a dark, noir, sci-fi, detective story..

An attached file.. a boss.. an owner.. one way or another, you all receive the same call to action.

Roxie HT, the owner of Roxie HT's Cabaret, seems to have become the latest victim in a string of brutal killings this morning. Since the details on the murders haven't been leaked to the press, but match each other closely, we're pretty sure we've got a serial killer on our hands.
    The crime scene is Roxie HT's Cabaret.
    Roxie's parents are giving us their complete cooperation, even opening her private documents to us. They are determined to see the killer brought to justice.
    Any player who enters the Henn-Tessey Residence may either move a lead or draw a light or dark card for free.
    Stay sharp, though. This perp has killed several times before and it's likely they'll kill again before this is over.[/I]
    It only takes two hits to kill a suspect instead of three. If there is ever only one suspect left alive, the killer has escaped and no guilty hunches pay off when the case is closed.
    Known suspects in order of evidence from previous murders collected so far:
    • Thomas Haas: Roxie HT's Cabaret - The only child of Director Haas, the owner and president of Haas-Bioroid. Currently attending Levy University. Known troublemaker, relying on his family's name and money to keep himself out of jail. Particulars
      • Height: 5'8"
      • Weight: 135 LBS.
      • Eyes: Green
      • Hair: Red
      • Sex: Male (Earth)
      • Arrests: 12
      • Threat: LOW
    • Vinnie the Strangler: The Speakeasy - A suspected professional killer. Vinnie "the Strangler" Malone has been arrested dozens of times, but never convicted. In each case, the key witness against him either refused to testify or simply disappeared. Use extreme caution when confronting him. Particulars
      • Height: 6'8"
      • Weight: 310 LBS.
      • Eyes: Hazel
      • Hair: Black
      • Sex: Male (Earth)
      • Arrests: 27
      • Threat: EXTREME
    • Eve 5VA3TC: Earthrise Hotel - A bioroid owned by Eliza Manchester of Eliza's Toybox. A pleasure android, Eve is a favourite of Cardinal Reese from the Starlight Crusade. He is the only reason she wasn't destroyed after a recent attack on a client resulted in a broken arm. Particulars
      • Height: 5'6"
      • Weight: 240 LBS.
      • Eyes: Silver
      • Hair: Blonde
      • Sex: Bioroid
      • Arrests: 1
      • Threat: HIGH
    • Sgt. Dejah Thoris: Alpha Prospecting - A decorated soldier who served in the Martian military. She is a hero to her people. Earth Intelligence suspects that she has been recruited by the Martian Secret Service and is working to destabilize the Earth both politically and economically. Particulars
      • Height: 6'1"
      • Weight: 220 LBS.
      • Eyes: Blue
      • Hair: Blonde
      • Sex: Female (Martian)
      • Arrests: 0
      • Threat: HIGH
    • Noise: Olivaw Robotics - Ji Reilly, or "Noise" as he prefers to be called, is a G-Mod - a genetically modified human. Noise's IQ is off the charts, and his skills with computers and robotics are formidable. He is suspected of several counts of hacking, but has never been caught. Particulars
      • Height: 5'11"
      • Weight: 140 LBS.
      • Eyes: Black
      • Hair: Green (G-Mod)
      • Sex: Male (G-Mod)
      • Arrests: 0
      • Threat: MEDIUM
    • Mark Henry: NAPD - A mining clone owned by the Melange Mining Corporation and employed at Freetown. Unpopular with the human miners, Mark Henry has been brought in on assault charges several times, though he has been cleared in each instance. Particulars
      • Height: 5'0"
      • Weight: 150 LBS.
      • Eyes: Green
      • Hair: Brown
      • Sex: Male (Clone)
      • Arrests: 3
      • Threat: LOW

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That being said, Louis is up with 6 Time!

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hey Mordenthral, I was reading through a review of the game and it says there are tip sheets for each character. Could we get the tip sheets PMed to us or put in the OP please? Or, if anybody owns the game, they could help us out with that?

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    lol No tips for you. My fingers are sore. Just play the story. ;)
    There are strategy tips on the FFG site.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    "Roxie!?"

My heart skipped a beat. For all I know or care, all the other schmucks have had it coming to them. But what did she ever do to deserve this?

"Yeah, Mr Blaine sir, we just found out this morning. Coroner says it looks like the same modus operandi as the rest of 'em. Got good luck this time, though; we picked up a witness who said he saw everything!"

I just glared at the boy. Green as that prized cactus Sara was so proud of.. but no. This isn't the time to think about Sara. Someone's gotta pay for what they've done.

"Right. Lead the way, kid."

Follow up Testimony lead at NAPD for evidence. Place on Sgt. Dejah Thoris. 5 time remaining.

I spit as I walked out of the station. Damned clones. Far more trouble than they're worth. The boys would love to pin this one on him, but he seemed genuinely.. scared. Said I should check out room 404 in the apartments down the street.

Move to Strugatsky Apartments. 4 time remaining.

I drew the evidence myself from the tracker, is this the correct procedure?
    Also, I'm not totally clear on who moves the followed up leads.

XiV on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The deck is empty and the log says you drew one. Is it not in your hand?

e- As an aside, the error was probably triggered by having nothing to shuffle when the last card was drawn.

It's there now, but wasn't before. I'm good to go.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Since I'm the player to your right, I believe I place the lead.

It seems that an official at City Hall wants to make a statement regarding the murder. I should go check that out when I have time...

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Strugatsky was barely a step up in quality from the broken-down highrises in the district, but at least it actually qualifies to be an apartment. Searching room 404, I found the object exactly where Henry said it would be: A military service pistol hidden inside a pillow. That alone would have raised my eyebrow, but an even more interesting thing is that if the superintendent's records are to be believed, Henry himself live in 404 until one week ago.

Follow up Physical lead for evidence. Place on Mark Henry. 3 time remaining.

I dropped the kid back at his place. He seemed disappointed that he won't be seeing any corpses today. Poor naive bastard, even someone as stunning as Roxie wouldn't look like much once their lungs stop working. Does anyone back at the precinct even knows his name? I don't think anyone ever called him anything other than Rookie.

Move to Sunny's Guns & Ammo. Draw 1 Floyd dark card. 2 time remaining.

Pausing for potential dark cards. It's probably good the full card texts aren't readily available online, I'd be really tempted to check out what bad things could happen to me. :D

XiV on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    XiV wrote: »
    I drew the evidence myself from the tracker, is this the correct procedure?
    Also, I'm not totally clear on who moves the followed up leads.

Yes, draw the evidence yourself, then use the "give" link to give the evidence to the appropriate player. Like you did for Thoris_Testimony.

The person to your right moves the lead. In this case, Raymond did it correctly and moved it to a new location of the same colour (green), that did not already have a lead and was not in the same district as himself.

The only thing missing so far is that you sent me your movement plan, but then did not announce to the other players that you will be moving through at least 1 seedy (or ritzy) location to determine if they would be playing one of your dark cards on you when you get there (or playing one at the beginning of your turn which is another reason to pause at that point.)

Louis is moving through Seedy this turn.

Right now, only Raymond has one of your dark cards. So only need his answer.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No dark card played, carry on.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Going through the rules and all-should Louis have decided to place those evidence tokens face-up/face-down?

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    From what I understand, all evidence tokens are face down at all times unless a special card lets someone see them. For example, the reporter or the snitch allow everyone or just that player to see all evidence token values on a suspect, respectively.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    A luxurious Subaru took off from the roof of Sunny's right in front of me. It was painted black as the moonless night, and has no distinguishing markings whatsoever, but I knew exactly who's inside. The person who ruined my life.

What was Mr Li doing at Sunny's anyway? I'm sure the man has enough stocked firepower to start and win the mother of all gang wars. Then we'll have just one untouchable organisation instead of a dozen tiny troublemakers. Good thing they haven't tried it yet, then.

Move to East Skyway Terminal. 1 Time remaining.

I parked my ride above my place. The Timex on my wrist said it's still a few more hours to closing time; might as well take advantage of it. I had a feeling there'd be rough days ahead.

The bar is located in an alley far too small for cars, so I got no choice but to hoof it. Someone ran into me as I exited the elevator. Someone who smelled of lavenders. Something clattered to the ground.

"Sorry, lady." I turned to apologize. She said nothing as she walked away. Then I noticed the data disk on the floor.

"Lady! Hey! You dropped something!" I yelled. She mustn't have heard me. I could've swore she actually walked even faster. Well, I'll worry about getting the disk back to its owner in the morning. There might be some clue to where to find her inside.

Follow up Document lead for evidence. Place on Thomas Haas. 0 Time remaining.

Louis is done for the day.

Good to know I'm not that bad at reading comprehension :P I think you *may* place evidence face up, but that would be tipping other players on your hunches - unless you plan to bluff.

One last thing: should we wait for leads to be moved after following up? Does it make a difference if done later in the turn?

XiV on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Place physical lead from Strugatsky Apartments at the Henn-Tessey Residence.

Place document lead from the East Skyway Terminal at Emvee's Electronics.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I believe the last thing I said was: you may place evidence face up. Could be important to a mind game you have going on.

Wait for lead movement if you wish. Someone could put the lead right back near you again.

I'll re-update the map and Louis card.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rachel is up, Darian.

Mordenthral on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    OK, so, this sucks. I'll be away a while, with intermittent Internet access. Rather than interrupt the game later, I think it make sense for me to drop now, before my first turn, and let Capfalcon take over. That way any there won't be any problems transferring secret information (like evidence placement).

Mordenthral, thanks for the opportunity. Will there be an issue transferring the Handtracker stuff?

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png