As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW game 28 - Newbies and host-training

14567810»

• Options
    SticksSticks I'd rather be in bed.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In a shocking turn of events...

Summon seductress from reserves to the Empire.

2/9

Sticks on
  • Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Summon acolyte from reserves to The Empire, 0/8 PP.

Spawnbroker on
    Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Round 5, Summoning phase

Warpstone Discovery (draw a card if present with a Warpstone) will apparently never go away
    citowg28r57.gif

Spell effects:
    The Empire: Flu (-2 to resistance) andConsumption (remove all of N's figures and place one corruption per two figures after corruption placed regularly)
    Bretonnia: Cry (no corruption) and Lies (noble each give +2 to domination)
    Tilea: Cry (no corruption)
    The Border Princes: Changer (second slot blank)

Slaanesh is active

Note: If the holiday forums are activated before we finish, the game will be completed back on our proboards.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nurgle, you were always my favorite brother.

Summon final seductress to the Empire and rest.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Round 5, Battle phase

Warpstone Discovery (draw a card if present with a Warpstone) will apparently never go away
    citowg28r57.gif

Spell effects:
    The Empire: Flu (-2 to resistance) andConsumption (remove all of N's figures and place one corruption per two figures after corruption placed regularly)
    Bretonnia: Cry (no corruption) and Lies (noble each give +2 to domination)
    Tilea: Cry (no corruption)
    The Border Princes: Changer (second slot blank)

Roll 'em in order:
    1. Norsca: 1 die
    2. Kislev: 2 dice
    3. The Empire: 3 dice
    4. Bretonnia: 1 die
    5. Tilea: 5 dice
    6. The Border Princes: 5 dice

Note: If the holiday forums are activated before we finish, the game will be completed back on our proboards.

Darian on
  • Options
    jscivjsciv Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Edit: Okay, not spoiling the surprise.

jsciv on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shhh, don't spoil the surprise.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The Empire: 3 hits. One of each.

jsciv on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'll take that. Thanks, brother.

Sticks on
  • Options
    stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sorry, modem probs.
    C'mon virtual dice!

stever777 on
    Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Norsca: 1 hit. Acolyte dies.
    Kislev: 2 hits. Plaguebearer dies.
    Bretonnia: 0 hits.
    Tilea: 2 hits. 2 Peasants die.
    The Border Princes: 2 hits. Acolyte & 1 peasant die.

3 dial ticks total.

stever777 on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Man this is close...

stever777 on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    With both of us having equal numbers, Slaanesh is going to win on VPs I believe because he's dominating Bretonnia this turn for 5 points. So he's going to win by about 4-5 VPs, I believe.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Don't you mean Nurgle in The Empire?
    I think Slaanesh & Nurgle tie on points & Slaanesh wins by higher threat.

Edit: Nope I think you're right.
    More beer please!
    But I think Nurgle comes in second.

Edit 2: I think you win by tie with Nurgle @ 51 and higher threat!

EDIT 3: Check next post on my lame math skills!

stever777 on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    stever777 wrote: »
    Don't you mean Nurgle in The Empire?

No. Nurgle is going to be #1 ruiner in The Empire, but Slaanesh and I will be splitting #2. This means Slaanesh will end up having more VPs than me in the long run because he dominated Bretonnia this turn.

Nurgle having #1 ruiner and dominating The Empire won't give him enough of a point lead to make up an 11 point difference.

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You have more than Slaanesh in The Empire.
    I think it goes like this:
    Nurgle: 5 dom Empire + 5 ruining Empire + 12 first ruiner Empire + 3 dial VP's + 29 = 54.
    Slaanesh: 5 dom Bret + 5 ruining Emp + 40 = 50.
    Tzeentch: 5 ruining Emp + 6 second ruiner Empire + 39 = 50.
    I think Nurgle wins with flat out VP's, the little scamp!
    I think...

Anyway, I'm in last...
    :-(

stever777 on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    I was a little surprised you guys went into The Empire with him and those 2 cards & 3 warriors of his there.
    He couldn't ruin it himself and, if it did get ruined, he got big VP's.
    Thought you guys would have hidden out in The Badlands.
    Less combat dice and just you 2 to get VP's, esp Slaanesh with those 2 defense cultists.

stever777 on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    stever777 wrote: »
    I was a little surprised you guys went into The Empire with him and those 2 cards & 3 warriors of his there.
    He couldn't ruin it himself and, if it did get ruined, he got big VP's.
    Thought you guys would have hidden out in The Badlands.
    Less combat dice and just you 2 to get VP's, esp Slaanesh with those 2 defense cultists.

I'm surprised too Khorne. I thought I had NO chance.

jsciv on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Always gotta watch out for Nurgle and those big VP jumps.
    "I'm no threat."
    Yeah, right.

Has anyone seen Nurgle win a dial victory, ever?
    I haven't.
    He usually doesn't even try for it.

Man that Warpstone Discovery being thru the whole game was weird.

stever777 on

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Khorne gets to roll in Estalia, as well; forgot there was a peasant there now.

Estalia: 2 dice

I'm not going to wait on that for the end of round stuff, though.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Round 5, Corruption phase

citowg28r58.gif

Domination step:
    The Empire: +5 VP
    Bretonnia: +5 VP
    Tilea: +3 VP
    The Border Princes: +2 VP

Corruption step:
    The Empire: +3, +5, +5
    Bretonnia: lamentation of the women
    Tilea: battle rages
    The Border Princes: +1

Great Foul Consumption: remove 6 figures, +3 corruption

Check for ruination: The Empire is the fourth region ruined (7 + 5 + 5 + 5); +5 VP, +5 VP, +5 VP

Nurgle receives +3 VP for Provender of Ruin

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 23 + 5 = 28
    Nurgle: 29 + 13 = 42
    Tzeentch: 39 + 5 = 44
    Slaanesh: 40 + 10 = 50

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Round 5, End phase

Board at the start of the end phase:

citowg28r59.gif

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board - no effects

2. Hero Tokens are resolved - none (ever!)

3. Resolve Old World cards - Everyone draws a card for Warpstone Discovery

4. Score Ruined Regions - The Empire: +12 VP, +3 VP, +3 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Khorne has the most tokens and ticks twice; Nurgle and Tzeentch each tick once
    Khorne:
    28 - Upgrade
    31 - Draw 2 Cards

Nurgle:
    18 - Score 3 VP

Tzeentch:
    21 - Place 2 Warpstones

Updated VP:
    Khorne: 28
    Nurgle: 42 + 15 = 57
    Tzeentch: 44 + 3 = 47
    Slaanesh: 50 + 3 = 53

6. Check for Game end - No DIAL victory; at least one player is over 50 VP. The game ends!

Nurgle secures a VP Victory!

citowg28r59b.gif

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That was poor math on my part. Tzeentch forced my hand when he went for the Empire because it was getting ruined with all those warp stones. I thought I had it licked if I went all in as well, but I forgot about Nurgle's domination (and the +3 vp from ticking).

I can't help but feel that I left VP hanging while I focused early on dialing, and thus let victory slip through my fingers.

edit: to sum up, damn you tzeentch!

edit pt2: even looking back at the round with corrected math, i would have had to drop KoS + 2 warriors for 4 dice in the Empire, and then score 6+ hits on those dice to prevent ruination, which was only a 2% chance. Furthermore, I wouldn't have had any seductresses in place to get a dial tick for the next round.

I should have filled that slot in Tilea 1st thing before going for the +5 VP in Bretonnia.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sticks wrote: »
    I should have filled that slot in Tilea 1st thing before going for the +5 VP in Bretonnia.

This! Particularly if you had a Field of Ecstasy.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Darian wrote: »
    Sticks wrote: »

This! Particularly if you had a Field of Ecstasy.

I did not. My 2 remaining cards were Dark Influence and Soporific Musk.

I was concerned that slot would be taken in Bretonnia though and 1 PP for 5 VP was hard to pass up.

I had hoped that if Khorne had a battle cry, he would drop it in the Border Princes first.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yep, I also was unaware Nurgle would jump that high in VPs with an Empire ruination. However, the only other option left to me was to try to corrupt The Border Princes and get #1 ruiner, which would have been very hard with the bloodthirster there.

Fantastic game everyone, close game all the way through!

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Early on, I thought my first round Khorne tick-denial hampered my point efforts too much. But I kept in the game BARELY as Tzeentch marched the regions into ruin. When we got to round 5 I knew that I had fantastic potential for points if I could get a region to ruin. But I was sure that the only region I could control to ruin was Bretonnia.

When Khorne played that Battle Cry in Bretonnia (which was a fantastic play since it took options from both me AND Slaanesh), I was pretty sure I was done. The entire game left my control: there was no region I could ruin alone, and any region that looked like it was going to ruin was one in which I was going to be donating points to Tzeentch or Slaanesh (whoever ended up winning their placement battle). The ONLY reason I loaded the Empire up like that was because I wanted to stay out of kingmaking.

The Influenza was just to get some domination at first ("at least I'll get SOME points on this round"). It got back around to me and the second slot was free, and looking at a hand of Plague Aura, All Things Decay, Plague Touch, Final Rotting and Consumption (that's another thing: interestingly enough, I NEVER got a Rain of Pus, so I was never able to boost my own defense in battle even though I was presenting targets to Khorne), I decided that I'd just load down a region with as many corruption tokens as I could. Consumption isn't often a card that does something that interesting, after all. Then Khorne went out of pp with no Warriors there (he, like I, probably thought there was no way anyone would play into the Empire), and I thought "gee, I'm going to get 6 corruption in one turn, cool!", but while I thought maybe it looked like a pretty "corrupt me!" target for you, I thought nobody would actually take me up on it.

Once you guys started loading in, Darian can probably tell you about the sudden explosion of math in my google doc: I went from "well, that's GG" to "holy effin' cow." I forgot about the 5VP in Bretonnia, but the only way one of you could have taken majority was by playing a warrior, which would likely have given the OTHER majority. If Slaanesh managed to take second alone, I thought he'd beat me on tie (but he would have beaten me with the Bretonnia 5VP) so one hit would have gone to the peasant if I had only scored one. I was really floored, but happy!

I was going to call it a great finish to the game when I thought it was a Tzeentch vs. Slaanesh battle to the end, but I'm glad to have been a surprise twist ending... You guys were really fun to play with!

jsciv on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I take it back. You are not my favorite brother Nurgle.

Not my favorite at all.

Khorne is my new favorite.

Sticks on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I knew there was a slight chance of that happening, but I was in a desperate situation on the last turn. There was absolutely no way I could prevent Slaanesh from out-ruining me in any region except the one with the bloodthirster, and I thought it was too much of a risk.

So I decided to let Nurgle play kingmaker, and he ended up choosing himself. Which I'm fine with. Slaanesh had too many power points and low cost cards for me to prevent him from winning in that last round. I had the slimmest of chances in The Empire, and even worse chances in The Border Princes, and zero chance in The Badlands.

Oh, well. Great game everyone!

Spawnbroker on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    jsciv wrote: »
    Once you guys started loading in, Darian can probably tell you about the sudden explosion of math in my google doc: I went from "well, that's GG" to "holy effin' cow." I forgot about the 5VP in Bretonnia, but the only way one of you could have taken majority was by playing a warrior, which would likely have given the OTHER majority. If Slaanesh managed to take second alone, I thought he'd beat me on tie (but he would have beaten me with the Bretonnia 5VP) so one hit would have gone to the peasant if I had only scored one. I was really floored, but happy!

Yep, your google-doc was fun to watch this round. My own comments below were not made until after Nurgle was out of PP for the round.
    Round 5 Notes:

So, a productive round this time, we're at +21 points for the round. We like. I have to win in Round 5 on points or surely Khorne or Slaanesh will dial on Round 6. So after I get home I'll have to do some math and see if it's even possible. T is getting frustrated, it seems, and rightly so. But I'm behind the same 8-ball he is since I can't dial win...

If Bretonnia doesn't ruin this turn it's game over for me since that's 18 points I don't get. Kind of have to wait and see what K does, I suppose. He needs to stop me and T on points and S on dial and has used (I think) two Battle Cry, which means he's almost certainly got one in his hand. Who does he think will be the thread? Will he stop Bret, or will he go Tilea? My eggs are all in Bret. Without it ruining I can still do 10 points from domination (maybe 3 or 4 more since I got another Plague Aura) and maybe my dial tick 3VP, but that's not the win.

So, we wait and see.

Battle Cry to Bretonnia. Unless T cancels it, GG.

Nope, he's not. There just doesn't appear to be a place on the map I can earn enough points (even assuming 10 domination and 3 or 6 Provender) to pass T or S this turn over 50, since most of the ways that would do so give them ruiner and first or second in most regions. Ah well. I had a shot until Round 5, that's pretty good.

... Uhh ...

So I'm not one to give in. I put down all-in on the Empire as a lure, figuring that I might as well get as many points as I can and hope that they come help me ruin.

They seem to be taking the bait. Now I have to do math... assuming no warriors from them I will have 7 corruption (thanks to Great Foul Consumption) and domination, and a dial tick.... so 5 (dom) + 5 (ruin) + 3 (provender) + 12 (majority) + 3 (dial)... 28 points? Makes my total a respectable 57. Now, will either of them beat that? As long as neither of them realizes what Great Foul Consumption will do I've got a pretty big ace in the hole. Assuming normal amounts of hits from my warriors, they both tick, both ruin, and neither has more than 6 tokens in the region.

Slaanesh: 5 (ruin) and maybe 6 (secondary) for 11, total 51 dial is no help. Plus 5 Bret, 56! If they tie for second 53?
    Tzeentch: 5 (ruin) and maybe 6 (secondary) for 11, total 50 dial is no help.

Holy effin' cow.

So what happens if someone drops a warrior and I get hits against me? 1 hit or 2 hits drops me to 6 tokens. I then tie someone for first (whoever did NOT place the warrior most likely).

Actually, one hit drops you to 5 (lose one from a leper, and then the GFC only places 2 (rounding down)); two hits drop you to 4, etc.

Good point. Looks like nobody's doing warriors, but Slaanesh has one chance left...

N: 5+5+9+3 = 25 (so 54)
    O: 5+9 = 14 (so 54 S (wins tie) or 53 T)

In a three-way tie:

N: 5+5+6+3 = 22 (so 51)
    S: 5+6 = 11 (so 51 and wins tie)
    T: 5+6 = 11 (so 50)

And of course I'm out if I don't even share.

Ow. This just got interesting...

Yeah, it seems to me that they really didn't think through the ruination of the Empire before starting to pile on.

Oh snap. I missed 5 Slaanesh points in Bretonnia...

Did you want to open this up and share with everyone, or not?

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Definitely well-played by all; I felt like everyone was close all the way to the end.

Present for you all:
    citowg28full.gif

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Great game all, esp Nurgle!
    Nice slow-play to victory!

stever777 on