As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moving data from old PS3 to new PS3

MeepZeroMeepZero Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Games and Technology
I just today found an 80GB PS3 with backward compatibility still built in at one of the used game places in town. I would like to take the data from my 80GB non backward compatible PS3 and move it to the compatible one. I have discovered that this will not be as easy as just moving the drives around. It seems like a lot of folks have run into issues where swapping drives ends up requiring a reformat, obviously not a good idea. It looks like the PS3 does have a function to copy data via ethernet cable to another PS3.

Anyone have any experience with this? I could just copy the data over this way, but I would kind of prefer to retain my old drive as I know it works well and the new one could have been put through anything for all I know.

I'm thinking about doing a backup, activating my PSN account on the new system, and then restoring all my data to this new system, is this the best method?

Aprjs.png
sig.jpg
MeepZero on