As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] me Rhonda

• Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow we just had a civilized conversation on tipping.

It's late, we're all too tired to be pricks

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh, now her mother is crying :( But it's like Telemundo soap opera crying.

I really want to know what goes on because the lady seems really nice during the day when I see her. The grandmother seems quiet and doesn't speak english. Then they spend from 2-4am screaming the most horrible things at each other and crying.

I wonder which one is secretly an abusive monster. Maybe it's both.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Tarranon wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Tarranon wrote: »
    straight

from

the bottle

and then SiG was the ke$has

No

kesha is happy

sig stop ruining my idea of you as a happy, mild alcoholic

it's really inconsiderate
    Most of the time that is true

So It Goes on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kalkino wrote: »
    A living minimum wage certainly is something I support

Unfortunately for us here in America, this runs counter to the bootstrap philosophy.

The bootstrap philosophy being, of course, that when you bend over to pull yourself up by your bootstraps, the rich people fuck you in the ass.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Why would you want to say fuck you to a server?

Server was awful to me and my brother. Brought us the wrong drinks repeatedly, rolled her eyes when we asked for them to be exchanged, put ice in no-ice drinks, refused to replace them, got our orders wrong, food was cold, we asked her to replace them and we saw her talking outside on her cellphone while we waited for our new meals.

So she got a frowny face in pennies.

That's a bad server. Okay, yeah I can see that as deserving of a fuck you.

Ok, yeah... got me there. Dude, I can barely get time away from my counter when the place is dead, for fear of employer reprisals. Who the fuck actually goes outside and gets on their cell when they're supposed to be waiting tables.
    If you and someone else are working a section and you can get them to cover for you, it's not out of the question to go outside for a smoke or to make a quick call or just use the washroom. But you don't do that shit within view of a guest, or when it means your area's left abandoned, it isn't professional at all.

When a section is incredibly busy, I'm talking popular sports bar on a fight night, don't go in expecting a seat or for your patronage to receive to be taken seriously. Those nights you've either got constant traffic, tables that come in and sit for hours hogging up your section, or something in-between where you're constantly taking orders, pouring drinks, and then -- if you can remember to -- getting someone their bill.

There is a ton of shit to do working in the front of a restaurant, not to mention side duties besides, and if a guest doesn't feel like they've received enough attention, or that their needs haven't been properly attended to, that's understandable, but don't give your server attitude for it. It's a rough job, and personally I think everyone should do a stint in the service industry just to know what it's like.

My favorite job ever was bartending. And yeah, as a member of service personnel, you're busy all the time. But if the place is busy, I try to do my job and skip the texting.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Wow we just had a civilized conversation on tipping.

...and then the seventh seal opened...

Jokerman on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My Secret Santee package has begun its journey across the sea! :D

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I really want to know what goes on because the lady seems really nice during the day when I see her. The grandmother seems quiet and doesn't speak english. Then they spend from 2-4am screaming the most horrible things at each other and crying.

My next-door neighbour is the nicest guy, we always have great conversations, he'll hold the door for me if he sees me at the opposite end of the parking lot -- that kinda guy. Always has a smile on his face. But boy does he beat his wife. A bunch of tenants got to talking about what to do should he go to far, and calling the cops and all that. You don't often hear the screaming, but they've had some legendary fights while their kids look on.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

They're probably really codependant on each other.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    I'm sorry, SiG. :(

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

My next-door neighbour is the nicest guy, we always have great conversations, he'll hold the door for me if he sees me at the opposite end of the parking lot -- that kinda guy. Always has a smile on his face. But boy does he beat his wife. A bunch of tenants got to talking about what to do should he go to far, and calling the cops and all that. You don't often hear the screaming, but they've had some legendary fights while their kids look on.

fucking call the cops

god damn

So It Goes on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    wazilla wrote: »
    Kalkino wrote: »
    A living minimum wage certainly is something I support

Unfortunately for us here in America, this runs counter to the bootstrap philosophy.

The bootstrap philosophy being, of course, that when you bend over to pull yourself up by your bootstraps, the rich people fuck you in the ass.

Well if it is any consolation this is an argument that any country with a minimum wage goes through regularly. So don't beat yourself up for being American on this one.

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just cant help but wonder,

"I wonder if she's at work right now? I should try and catch her when her shifts over. I just want to see her one last time. I hope she's not fucking some douchebag. Ugh i bet she's fucking some douchebag. I should just go see her, it'd be nice just to see her one last time. Maybe get some coffee. God I miss her. I bet he's a total bro asswhip douchebag. Goddammit I wish i were dead, fuckfuckfuck. I wonder if she's at work."

And then head on desk, tears streaming down face, wash, rinse, repeat.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Why aren't you happy, SiG?

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I just have a picture of you setting a package with a little sail on the top of it in the Atlantic ocean and waiving at it as it floats off into the distance.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The minimum wage in BC is $8/h. Less if you're an 'inexperienced worker.'

At 40 hours per week, that's $640 gross per pay period. Assuming two pay periods per month, that's $1280, but you'll have around $200 of deductions (income tax, EI, CPP, etc)

A one bedroom apartment in the Vancouver area averages around $800-1000 per month. Bachelor suits just a little lower. I've seen single rooms in suburbs go for $600.

$400 (at maximum) to pay for everything else is not a lot of money. Definitely won't be able to afford education for a better job.

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Why aren't you happy, SiG?

It's complicated

OOH A GUMMY BEAR

So It Goes on
  • Options
    His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

fucking call the cops

god damn
    I'd really like to know what those tenants define "too far" as.

His Corkiness on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I don't drink as much as it seems

But what is your theory

My most recent ex is a pre-law student. She used to kick my actual music CD's outta my car stereo to put Ke$ha on, even though she knew I hated it. And she drank all. the. time.

However, I'm pretty sure you're on the East Coast (New York?), and she's from L.A.. And so far you seem like an actual adult. Also, you appear to dress like a person with self-respect.

My theory is that you're a bizarro-person.

Actually, I'm just slightly weirded-out by the similarities. Especially since I didn't think people actually like Ke$ha.

Internet Creepy?

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »

I just have a picture of you setting a package with a little sail on the top of it in the Atlantic ocean and waiving at it as it floats off into the distance.

This is the cutest thing.

It would need to go through the Panama Canal, however.

Yes, that's a hint of where it's going.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So It Goes on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bartending is the shit

just a fucking awesome time all the time

I mostly did it for my frat though, so my experiences must be different from actual bartending lol

edit: this thread took a turn for the serious in the time i took to post that

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Oh my, that's kinda troublesome. I've had new neighbors pretty much every year since I moved into the the apartment I'm in now. I've never really gotten to know any of them, although there was this one super cute girl that moved in who I wanted to "get to know" but her dad happened to be helping her move in the only time I ever ran into her. I'm assuming something happened and she moved out shortly thereafter as I only saw her the once.

TehSloth on
    FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • Options
    edited November 2010

But what is your theory

My most recent ex is a pre-law student. She used to kick my actual music CD's outta my car stereo to put Ke$ha on, even though she knew I hated it. And she drank all. the. time.

However, I'm pretty sure you're on the East Coast (New York?), and she's from L.A.. And so far you seem like an actual adult. Also, you appear to dress like a person with self-respect.

Actually, I'm just slightly weirded-out by the similarities. Especially since I didn't think people actually like Ke$ha.

Internet Creepy?
    I like Kesha

I am on the west coast

I have self respek

just goin through some stuff

So It Goes on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Eddy wrote: »
    Bartending is the shit

just a fucking awesome time all the time

I mostly did it for my frat though, so my experiences must be different from actual bartending lol

edit: this thread took a turn for the serious in the time i took to post that

We need to play LoL again some time! (I'm Requine)

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Brujaputa is my new favorite spanish word.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I've kind of worked out my Secret Santa. Or so i think.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

fucking call the cops

god damn
    I'd really like to know what those tenants define "too far" as.

We're not sure they're here legally, I may have exaggerated the physical violence -- he's mostly just a tyrant, though he does hit her -- and, I suppose too far is one more ruckus you can't not be stirred by. Which sounds like excuses but it's hard not to sound like a clod when a conversation includes spousal abuse and a hesitancy to call the cops.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    call

the

cops

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

But what is your theory

Internet Creepy?
    I like Kesha

I am on the west coast

I have self respek

just goin through some stuff

Kick the stuff in the balls. Like, rull hardlike. And watch The Boondocks if you can.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Derry, Maine?

Galahad on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    seriously though, the worst fucking possible thing i could do is try and go see her after she gets off her shift.

assuming i know which shift she's working.

She'll probably be bonning some guy in her car and I'd pull him out all forrest gump style and kick his ass.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

a lecture in song form, to vocalize my misgivings

that's dandy, i wanted that

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    call

the

cops

Unless she's ready to help herself too, this is often like throwing rocks at a hornet's nest.

Donkey Kong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Galahad wrote: »

Derry, Maine?

this reference? this is the best reference.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    call

the

cops

Unless she's ready to help herself too, this is often like throwing rocks at a hornet's nest.

possibly prevent homicide

or do nothing

hmmm

this is sort of an issue for me

feel pretty strongly about it

So It Goes on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    call

the

cops

i imagine it would also help to establish some sort of history with the police, which would work in her favour if things do escalate

James on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    seriously though, the worst fucking possible thing i could do is try and go see her after she gets off her shift.

assuming i know which shift she's working.

She'll probably be bonning some guy in her car and I'd pull him out all forrest gump style and kick his ass.

Do not do this.

Look, I want literally nothing in the world more than to wake up next to my ex tomorrow, forever oblivious of all the bullshit that was; so I know what you're feeling, kinda. But, I gotta say... be like SiG and get your self-respek-on. Don't Gump-it-up. Don't call her. Think about her, cry, sit in a graveyard and write shitty poetry in your own blood while listening to AFI. But cut that broad out.

EDIT: oh, and the Derry, Maine reference is pure gold. Hope your secret santee isn't a walk-in, though.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Derry, Maine?

Nope.

I had to giggle when I discovered there is a Derry and a Londonderry in driving distance of each other,

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Derry, Maine?

this reference? this is the best reference.

Oh, this references something? Well that flew right over my head.

RMS Oceanic on
This discussion has been closed.