Options

Glossolalia - in our dreams, we are the eldritch horrors

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    are they just like randoml;y over your eyes? different on each side

or are they all horizontal/vertical/or placed in the corners or what

Raneados on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    do you ever have dreams about clawing your eyes out?

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    always horizontal (or very close to it)

I can see it in the mirror right now
    smack dab in the middle
    taunting me

WHY DO YOU EXIST

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is it just one on one eye?

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    they alternate between left and right sometimes

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sometimes I wanna join this thing but then I'm like maaan

I probably won't make more than one post

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    so it's just a very shallow singular cut every once in a while on alternating eyes

sounds like you're not doing it yourself, your body is splitting the skin due to something

Moriveth wrote: »

well you already did join, and then made 1 post and then left :P

Johnny

Raneados on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    should ask the doctor about it next time you have a checkup

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    so it's just a very shallow singular cut every once in a while on alternating eyes

sounds like you're not doing it yourself, your body is splitting the skin due to something

Moriveth wrote: »

well you already did join, and then made 1 post and then left :P

Johnny

I know, that's why I don't want to join again. Even though I want to.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DID SOMEONE SAY DREAMS?
    I had a dream last night.

I'm watching a television show, sitting so close that the screen consumes the entirety of my vision. The show annoys me. It is a Saturday morning "cartoon" in which Bumblebee is the last surviving cybertronian, and has come into possession of some incredible strength. The show begins with Bumblebee flying over a dark and massive city, with gray buildings under a starless purple sky. He gets some kind of call or alert, turning his course towards some invader of his city.

It's superman.

Bumblebee then begins to beat the ever-living shit out of Superman. He's winning mostly by speed, but he also has this strange power which opens the warp in a beam-like projection. Yeah, the Warhammer 40k type warp, appearing as a chaotic roiling mass of liquid purple lightning mingling with inky shadows.

Suddenly, I am the captain of a ship sailing the warp. The ship is much like if you were to rip an old pirate vessel out of the days of wild exploration, then smashed the back half of it with the haphazard construction of Spelljammer. I stand at the bow wearing a thick coat, a weathered tricorn, gray leather skin of a mottled beast composing my clothing in woven bands, with some manner of hairless flying creature clutching to my shoulder in the absence of a parrot.

I stare into the pin-point of light far off in the distance. It is my destination. A land that lies at the end of the warp, where one's every wish is fulfilled no matter how impossible.

My crew and I had set out on the voyage long ago, and I was the lone survivor of our foolhardy expedition. I stared at that pin-point of light, alone, the ship's course set, grim, with my fragile temper ready to shatter into despair should my treasure elude me again.

The pin-point of light suddenly expanded into an all-consuming flash within the blink of an eye as we dropped out of warp. The ship fell out of the sky, unable to sustain altitude without a crew operating it, and falling down to a violet sea.

I had expected this.

I willed myself, in this land which was supposed to grant my every wish, to float gently down toward an island amidst the odd waves. If I fell to my death, then so be it. I would not go on living with the despair of losing my crew and constant failure.

As luck would have it, I found myself floating gently down towards the island.

It was a sparse speck of land afloat in an endless purple sea, it's one landmark being a single mountain-peak taking most of the space, leaving only the thinnest rim of beach specked with a few palm trees. The sea it rested on had waves which flowed strangely. The waves did not roll, rather, they stood and moved in quiet procession towards the shore where they silently sank into the sands.

As soon as my boots hit land I began to wonder exactly how this strange land worked. At that, a figure erupted from the silt earth before me. It seemed a statue made of dense, deep blue ice. As large as I was even though its body was buried from just below the shoulders. The defining characteristic though, was how the half of its head above the nose was entirely composed of a cone-shaped tiered system of eyes revolving in alternating patterned rings. Crowning these eyes sat a massive sapphire orb.

It spoke in a male monotone voice, slowly explaining to my horror what I had done. This place was not some grand wishing well from which one could drink freely without toll. No. I had paid a price unknowingly, swindled and robbed of my humanity.

It spoke, introducing itself as the combined souls of all I had ever made bonds of friendship or love. When I entered this place the souls of anyone I had ever cared about were ripped from resting places in the beyond or torn from their living shells to serve my every wish unquestionably. Their memories remained, but their emotions and personalities had been seared away.

I asked if there was any way I could leave.

There was not.

I asked if they hated me, regretted ever meeting me. I apologized profusely.

At this, the sculpture began to stutter in speech, trying to pronounce what those souls may have felt but denied by the power of this place to express anything negative to its inhabitant. The eyes and cresting jewel atop its head dissolved into a thick purple slime, condensing into a thin rod, then expanding once more into its original formation.

It spoke in a male monotone voice, slowly explaining to my horror what I had done. This place was not some grand wishing well from which one could drink freely...

I walked over to sit beneath a palm tree as the sculpture droned on, numb with the tragedy of it all, tossing handfuls of sand into the ever marching sea of the deepest purple.

And then I woke up!

E: no problem

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    At least spoiler that, please.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You should totally join, Mori.

Also, Team Fantastic's theme essentially became "Magic Military" due to the group balance. Hence Captain Peter Harris of the SMS.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I would like to go to this magical land of internet roleplay.

I play a lot at home but at University there is only one gaming group and they are more into card games than anything which isn't really my thing.

Also I think I have figured out how to make a character sort of.

Solar on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    man if more people are gonna join we're gonna need another team

Shabooty on
  • Options
    SemirrageSemirrage Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Weird about the eye thing.

About every 6 months, I'll wake up after drinking with something that feels like a scratched cornea.

It is literally the worst hangover thing.

Semirrage on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »
    man if more people are gonna join we're gonna need another team

Not if he joins Team Mask.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    are we doing Weird Dream Chat

because I had a pretty weird dream last night
    one of those dreams that puts you off-balance all day because it was so real, and the timespan felt so real
    it was also a deep space nine dream even though I finished watching it like a week ago

see I was a federation officer and was in several battles against the dominion/cardassians
    and then I ended up as a spy on the cardassian homeworld
    then through some means of which even my dream-self was unaware the war ended and I was back on Earth
    but in prison
    and the prison was in the middle of a city
    and I'd just stand there shaking the fence and screaming about how I was a war hero and didn't deserve this and nobody would listen to me

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    okay dream thread

I had one that I was at a cottage with a bunch of friends, but in every room an image would flash across my mind, depicting a gruesome death played out in some way

and as the dream carried on these precognitive sights would come true, and I soon realized they were indirectly caused by me

as soon as I saw that pattern I tried to escape, and the cottage wasn't having any of it; hallways lengthened, rooms swallowed me, ceilings collapsed, &c.

so i realized in order to 'escape' i had to set up and execute the awful murders i had witnessed at the start of the dream, having to cause the problems in order to solve them

I don't watch many horror movies but this seems like it would be a plot that's been done before

Squall on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    man

you guys are messed up

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I had a dream that I was at an art museum. There was a sculpture exhibit.

It wasn't very good.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Squall that's awesome

Almost makes me wish I dreamed more

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I almost never remember my dreams, it's amazing that I even have the premise of that one down

the details of the executions completely escape me, I only have a creeping feeling of regret when trying to think of them

Squall on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I dreamed that I was an antiques actioneer who went to work using a small, cartoon-style zeppelin attached to his backpack, and my workplace was a castle. Then while at work I got fired and went to the pub afterwards with my colleagues including a woman who hated me for some reason. When I got my drink Bilbo Baggins burst in and begged me to go and help him save Middle Earth, causing an embaressing ruckus. At that point I woke up and was pretty miffed because I really wanted to see what would happen next.

Solar on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I rarely remember my dreams, and when I do, they are very boring.

I really want to have interesting dreams.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've had one more then one dream this week that involved the cast from psych

Shabooty on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Goddamnit, Kro.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [Oshun]

Quorthon leans down, extending his hand to the fish that attacked him. [99/50] the creature sniffs the hand, then with a snarl chomps down on it.

Reeling back from the shock of the bite, Quorthon loses his footing and tumbles back into the gaping hole in the ground, [78/60] landing painfully in a pile of rubble below. [+20% Stress]

Overhead, he sees the glowing red eyes of the four fish looking down at him.

"Oi! What's goin' on over 'ere?" Honnel's voice echoes through the chamber, causing the fish to jump back slightly in surprise.

[Doon]

Galk grins at Garret as he steps out of the lift, pistol at the ready. With a few slow steps, he approaches the a corner, taking cover for a moment behind it before leaping out.

He shouts as he fires his gun, the shot ringing through the halls. After a tense moment of silence, an expression of shock overcomes his face.

"Oh, fuck."

Rounding the corner, Garret recognizes the body of the cabin boy that had been serving the passengers their meals, a nasty hole torn through the side of his face.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    99, Shock. Ninety. Nine.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    oh wait that's a double number

so it's a critical failure.

whoops gotta edit that.

:(

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    at least it didn't tear your hand off!

man I have to go find the old thread so I can get my derelict thingy.

edit hahahahaha

Depressperado on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    at least it didn't tear your hand off!

Welp, that might change now.

Dux on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    and fuck you rolled a 78 on the new thing I had you roll for

you're just

not having a good day

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, lady luck is not on Shock's side.

Dux on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    just be glad you didn't roll a 77

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Speed, it probably got lost in the forum roll back, but I was totally attacking that fish.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Speed, it probably got lost in the forum roll back, but I was totally attacking that fish.

oh yeah, it definitely got lost, I never saw that post. One sec.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    wait so okay what exactly were you gonna do

and did you take the bag with you or what did you do with it

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Speed, after the update you had before this one, I asked you if Jessie's group was where Dustin was before he ceased to exist.

You never answered.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Speed if Dubh's quitting i humbly request his spot in Derelict

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I suggest that teefour only be allowed to join if he plays as will smith's character from Wild Wild West

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
This discussion has been closed.