As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Glossolalia - in our dreams, we are the eldritch horrors

• Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    dichotomy stop masturbating to sword noises

Shock G on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    try and stop me

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    "sword" noises, eh?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I like your avatar, dich

Shabooty on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so dubh

is your mystery space adventure gonna be on here?

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Raneados on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    that's the plan, Rane

you want in?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Dubh wrote: »
    that's the plan, Rane

you want in?

why yes

yes i do!

is there a background thing around? search is still off

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Shabooty wrote: »
    I like your avatar, dich

I
    I like your avatar, too :oops:

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Raneados wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    that's the plan, Rane

you want in?

why yes

yes i do!

is there a background thing around? search is still off

I've posted no information on the setting other than it's pulp science fiction

in my first post, I'll be giving everyone the tools to contextualize why you are all together in a specific location. All I need from you is a briefish description of your character and a picture. No two people can be the same alien race or robot model- and I think that's it.

I am sorta waiting on DE?AD to finish the new system, I realize. After it's done, I'll ask everyone to repost their character designs and we'll get the ball rolling.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Pulp Science Fiction eh? That sounds super interesting.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    so far my idea is a bioluminescent bat-man from a planet of total darkness

Shabooty on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh man that is so cool. Hmm, I've been on a thing about sharks, so I'm thinking maybe a sort of sapient shark-critter, from a world that's got big oceans, but more like Earth. He'd have like a suit/respirator thing to help him breath on land, and it would give him locomotion and graspers because his natural form doesn't have those. Or maybe he has fin-hands, but no legs.

I think making a character is one of my favorite parts of roleplaying.

Edit: ooh, or maybe he's a tiny man who rides on the back of a larger, less intelligent species, in a sort of advanced Howdah, directing the actions of the ridden animal with neural impulses and training.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm strictly limiting the players I include to six, maaaaybe seven. I can't handle more than that and maintain good game quality. So far, I see two completed character concepts and a few other really good ideas. Please note that I'm openly biased toward people I know (most veterans of the thread), and like, over those I don't when it comes to picking and choosing.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    do one of you guys want to read this notepad I just wrote about mars in a rush fueled by caffeine and adderall?

I think I'm gonna start a story about it, but also might start a game with my friends.

or maybe one here or in Augmentos if you guys would like to give it a try.

I wouldn't wanna run a game if there's gonna be a bunch of other ones though, I feel like I haven't been glossin' long enough to take attention away from actual guys.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    the op doesnt write itself you know

Squall on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    (just copy it, bro)

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i meant adding all these new campaigns

stop running games you guys

Squall on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm probably not even gonna do that thing!

this is just the first time I've written anything in like, a year, so I'm all hoppin' around tryina get my parents to put it on the fridge

Depressperado on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm going to run a game

and it will be called "My Best Friends"

and everyone can join

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Someone run a game of Mouse Guard.

I am itching to play it. Also probably going to pick up Burning Wheel because nothing gets me interested in a system like saying it has 600 pages of required reading.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Oh man that is so cool. Hmm, I've been on a thing about sharks, so I'm thinking maybe a sort of sapient shark-critter, from a world that's got big oceans, but more like Earth. He'd have like a suit/respirator thing to help him breath on land, and it would give him locomotion and graspers because his natural form doesn't have those. Or maybe he has fin-hands, but no legs.

Harrison?

2009-08-22-harrisonstories08.gif

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I don't think that's a mechanical suit

it's just a all futury because Harrison is from the future

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yes, Speed.

I was being totally serious, and not just looking for an excuse to post Nedroid.

Thank you for enlightening me on the canonical workings of a talking shark's future-suit.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    the claws come out

Squall on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I bet you didn't think ponies had claws, did you?

Well they can...

IF THEY'RE MUTANTS!

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Stilts wrote: »
    Yes, Speed.

I was being totally serious, and not just looking for an excuse to post Nedroid.

Thank you for enlightening me on the canonical workings of a talking shark's future-suit.

;_;

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Squall wrote: »
    i meant adding all these new campaigns

stop running games you guys

No Squall. The games will never stop. The games will never stop.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yes, Speed.

;_;

It's okay, Speed, I understand.

Spending too much time speculating in the MSPA thread will make anyone into a literalist.

EDIT: Speaking of MSPA, here come NeoToma in patented seizure-mode.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Yes, Speed.

;_;

It's okay, Speed, I understand.

Spending too much time speculating in the MSPA thread will make anyone into a window licking troglodyte.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Someone brought up MSPA

game's over

:v:

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    edited January 2011
    i recognize that sig...

Squall on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    You know I haven't posted in so long I actually kind for got this was my sig. I guess i should come up with better avatar to match.

NeoToma on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I can't decide if I want to have my guy be a tiny bug that rides on top of something more ape or lizard like, or a tiny tentacled blue alien that rides on a big beetle thing. Here are some pictures I've found that could be my guy:

374-alien.jpg
    md0521.dfz00b6xa1c8wwkggskskck04.6ftqw7o5s40808swwgwo00kwo.th.jpeg

And here's an idea for the mount it might ride. Still looking for something non insectoid.

2rgfig7.png

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    literally everyone should run their own game

c'mon

it'll be funny

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    My game is in Noire-England. Set in a brothel, a group of hookers, patrons and madams go on a mysterious journey deep into the depths of the whore house and human heart to find out who killed Pimp Blandersmeer.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Also everyone only has a Health and Sexy %.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I wanna play this game.

Quincy Throbtumbler, professional whoremonger

Depressperado on
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    In my game, everyone is a sandwich and delicious in their own way.

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    in my game everyone creates an identity and av/sig theme and posts on a forum

to solve mysteries

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    All attacks must be labeled and leveled Problem Sleuth style.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
This discussion has been closed.