As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Modest Pile of [CHAT]

• Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Is the spider fairy a fucking spider

Iruka on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I had the same thing happen to me once. I think baby spiders pull away dead momma spiders. D:

Mangoes on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Iruka wrote: »
    A really big one with wings.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Iruka wrote: »

The spider fairy is a beautiful kindly spirit
    made entirely of spiders.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That thing your describing sounds like the worst thing.

Iruka on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    At least it's not made entirely of spiders.
    Oh wait..

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Guys, stop freaking her out with your ludicrous scenarios.

It's just a little spider. A spider which came back from the dead as a zombie spider and will probably try to crawl it's way up your nose or ear canal in an attempt to have a few nibbles at your brain, but you being much bigger and stronger than it, will almost certainly meet its demise as a spider-shaped stain and you smash it into gooey bits across your face as it makes its attempt.

See? Nothing to be worried about.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    And if it does get to your brain, just flex your brain muscles and smush it in your head.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    And if it does get to your brain, just flex your brain muscles and smush it in your head.

I can't recommend that, it might get its spider-brain all mixed up with her brain and it could start effecting her thought patterns. It would be like a retarded anti-Spider-Man, where she gained the ability to think like a spider, yet at the same time, none of the powers of a spider.

EDIT: But don't freak out, the chances of that happening are probably 1 in 10 at best.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Or hit your head on the wall. But that may shake loose all of the other spiders.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    No no no, smushing the brain of any type of zombie seems to kill it off completely. I'd think the infectious part would immediately become inert (that's not the right word at all, is it?) Thus rendering it completely harmless. And all she's left with is a spider corpse in her head that can't be removed without surgery.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Now you guys are really dreaming of a Spider Christmas.

PROX on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The things you all are describing are the worst things

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    How about the puppy princess?

An adorable furry maiden!

Made completely of puppies.

PROX on
  • Options
    FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tiny tiny puppies

Like, the size of rice grains.

Fugitive on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Are the tiny puppies in fact tiny fucking spiders

Iruka on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    billions of tiny spiders organizing themselves into millions of regular spiders

Tam on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Fugitive wrote: »
    Tiny tiny puppies

Like, the size of rice grains.

Spider Puppies.

PROX on
  • Options
    NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    I think she rounds but, I've also got one more test (the final) so i might not need the rounding.

Wait, how much was this test weighted? I'm guessing: not much.

It wasn't weighted, it was just worth 60 pts. Every online test we've had has had a different point attachment (most have been 30-40)

edit: and no, i sucked at math the second time. I have an 85 and she won't let me make it up. :(

Even if i get a 100 on the final, i'll have an 86. goddamnit

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Exams are treacherous!

m3nace on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    m3nace wrote: »
    Exams are treacherous!

Savor them, for one day you will long for the sweet embrace of college again.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    spiders : (

Kochikens on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, like a dumbass I left my sketchbook with all of my secret santa compwork at a friend's house in Santa Barbara when I went to the Clyde Aspevig show. But, if drew it once I can draw it again.

rts on
  • Options
    winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    have your friend post it to you.

What are peoples thoughts on Final Fantasy 13? I bought it today on Ps3 and its the first one ive played since part 10. Im about 1.5 hours in and it is a real struggle to play. The combat feels extremely 'dumbed' down. Plus, the environments seem repetative (all bridges and corridoors). The character Snow seems pretty cool, but the others i find bland and cliche.
    I loved FF7 and 8, and liked 10. But 13 hasn't sparked that interest like the others.

Is it worth continuing?

winter_combat_knight on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I'm getting fatter.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You're married. Of course you're getting fatter.

NibCrom on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited December 2010
    I've put on a good 20 lbs since I got married. Of course, I think not smoking anymore has something to do with it. Also, she feeds me good food instead of me just drinking lots of beer for dinner.

Grifter on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    She won't let me skip meals and makes giant breakfasts and dinners. Also, the "Try this" game has changed into "Eat this". There is no longer a choice.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sounds like a nice girl. Work out harder.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    She is the best.

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    My wife sort of doubles as my running trainer at the moment, as well as my nutritionist.

To some of our friends, I think we've become this weird fitness freak couple, but it is actually awesome to be working and training together, and encouraging one another to improve.

It is now just under 8 weeks until we both take part in "the toughest race in the world." :twisted:

Grenn on
  • Options
    SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

What are peoples thoughts on Final Fantasy 13? I bought it today on Ps3 and its the first one ive played since part 10. Im about 1.5 hours in and it is a real struggle to play. The combat feels extremely 'dumbed' down. Plus, the environments seem repetative (all bridges and corridoors). The character Snow seems pretty cool, but the others i find bland and cliche.
    I loved FF7 and 8, and liked 10. But 13 hasn't sparked that interest like the others.

Is it worth continuing?

Towards the end the combat gets only slightly more complex, but yeah you pretty much just run in a straight line for 30 hours, press x a million times, and never use any of the shops because everything they sell is worthless.

Siegfried on
    Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grenn wrote: »
    It is now just under 8 weeks until we both take part in "the toughest race in the world." :twisted:

Death Race 2000?

NibCrom on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've been attending the gym a lot with a friend of mine, and I feel great! We're so motivated we're even thinking of upping the number of times we go in a week (we're currently doing an every-other-day thing, which works out to 3 days one week, 4 days the next week...but we might try for 4-5 days a week soon. :D )

I used to only xhardcorex exercise in the summer, because I could swim and bike and dammit I wanted to look good while doin' these things. Then I thought recently, "well, shit, I don't have to be a tubby sack of lard during the winter months, and be miserable from my lack of sunlight...I can gym it up during winter, too, and every other season for that matter".....which is obviously a much better mentality than "be healthy 1/4 of the year". So WOOOOO I am excite. And I can already see/feel results, which is awesome.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Siegfried wrote: »

Is it worth continuing?

Towards the end the combat gets only slightly more complex, but yeah you pretty much just run in a straight line for 30 hours, press x a million times, and never use any of the shops because everything they sell is worthless.

13 is pretty awful.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wasn't 13 the game where Square pretty much said "okay, I think we messed up here"

Godfather on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Good work ND! Keep it up! The benefits of being fit and healthy are really quite amazing. :^:

Obv I don't know the extent of your workouts , so you may already be taking this into consideration, but never forget the importance of rest days after heavy excercise - it's during your rest day that your body actually recovers at a cellular level and "rebuilds" itself stronger than before.

If you do further heavy activity too soon, you may be stopping yourself from getting the full benefit of the previous session.

Grenn on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Godfather wrote: »
    Wasn't 13 the game where Square pretty much said "okay, I think we messed up here"

That was 14 the mmo!

13 is the really boring sparklepony single player game.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    14 is already out?

I feel so behind in the times

Godfather on
  • Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    What are you doing playing final schmantasty when Tron Evolution came out yesterday? Silly goose.

It's really cool seeing my name in the credits for the first time.

Kochikens on
This discussion has been closed.