As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Happenstance, Heraldry, Humorous, and Hooligans [Happy and Hate Thread]

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    The lack of CC I understand because people are lazy but not SS the healer? That is just a bad player.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It's even worse when you ask for it and it still doesn't happen.

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

I had this happen to me my first time healing heroic GB. I was stopping for mana every other pull, popping shadowfiend every time it was up, and people were still nearly dying. The tank only mocked me when I repeatedly requested cc. The dps were more than willing to do the cc, but before I could mark anything the tank would just charge in and if anything got cc'd he'd break it.

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tarnok wrote: »

I had this happen to me my first time healing heroic GB. I was stopping for mana every other pull, popping shadowfiend every time it was up, and people were still nearly dying. The tank only mocked me when I repeatedly requested cc. The dps were more than willing to do the cc, but before I could mark anything the tank would just charge in and if anything got cc'd he'd break it.

What kind of asshole tank does that

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    a rapidly dying one, if I am healing

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

One that wouldn't be getting healed on the next pull(after whispering the dps to stand back and do nothing).

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: Ding, Guild Level 20. Heirloom everything gets you to level 15 before you leave the Worgen starting area. O_O

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That reminded me to see when rank 23 would be possible since that's when the daily cap goes away, meaning rank 25 would be that day or the next day. April 4th is the day hundreds of guilds will poopsock so as to get to rank 25 first.

Opty on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Don't get that really, you don't even get anything interesting at level 25.

Also, happy: druid got three upgrades yesterday, including a malevolence finally.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    There's the Realm First Achievement as well as the Lion/Scorpion mount.

Opty on
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It pisses me off that guild xp cap bugs set my guild backs weeks from the max level. Everyone was very active when the bug was still occurring, now most only log in for raids twice a week (myself included for the most part). We'd be several levels higher had our cap actually been resetting.

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It annoys me how hard it is to get guild rep if people refuse to take you with them for dungeons, and you've already finished every zone.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Rizzi wrote: »
    It annoys me how hard it is to get guild rep if people refuse to take you with them for dungeons, and you've already finished every zone.

Its something like 21 daily quests every day to reach the weekly rep cap. Its pretty stupid.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    go do tol barad

I'm exalted now though, so I don't care :P

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Poketpixie wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »

One that wouldn't be getting healed on the next pull(after whispering the dps to stand back and do nothing).

I had a tank do this to me in Lost City. The group was myself as a resto shaman, a rogue from my guild, a pug mage / lock / warrior tank.

The warrior tank just charged and thunderclapped every group. The rogue from my guild would sprint ahead to try sap in time, but rarely got a chance. I threw out hex's but they would break pretty quickly, so I saved it more for when an add went loose.

The mage and lock didn't bother.

I asked, if it would be possible for people to cc stuff, but I got zero replies.

My gear is ok; not amazing or anything, mostly 346 but with a few 333. It's not like this run went quicker; if anything, it went slower because the group had to wait for me to drink after every second pull.

Wiped once on the 2nd to last boss, at which point the warlock (not a great loss, poor dps, didn't give out Healthstones, didn't SS me) faked a dc. Warrior didn't run back after the wipe (I'd used my ank on the croc boss), which only added to how much of a goose he was.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: No raid last night so we worked on the heroic 5 man achievements. Cleared out all of the Heroic DM achievements and all but one of the heroic BRC achievements (too bad hunter pets count for that stupid achievement off the last guy). It's funny how using a shaman can cheat the Vigorous Vancleef Vindicator achievement :P

Nobody on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I kind of just want to get Zin'Rohk to use on wholly inappropriate characters in pugs. Just to see people explode when I have it on my hunter, raptor striking mobs.

Hate: Phasing.

I'm fishing up fathom eels in uldum. And see this:
    forkd.jpg
    But when I get close it turns into this:
    phasing.jpg

This shit has to stop.

Tol'Barad has TONS of Fathom Eel spawns. If you can water walk you will not be touched by Players / Mobs.

Happy: One shot Nefarion.

Hate: Wiped on Cho'gall Twice. Like WTF?

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    mattclemmattclem Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tol'Barad has TONS of Fathom Eel spawns.
    Particularly over by Rustberg docks. I can get through half a water walking potion just fishing around there.
    If you can water walk you will not be touched by Players / Mobs.

Except for Tank. He can be a bit of a pest.

I'm feeling some vindication about having hoarded *all* my water walking potions from right back when I used to do the TBC fishing dailies on a regular basis. I've got tons. Even more of the sharpened hooks, but it's somewhat harder to find a use for them when I have the magic fishing hat.

mattclem on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: got down al'fucking'akir and I never have to go in there again, fuck that shit.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    NeylaNeyla Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    bowen wrote: »
    Happy: got down al'fucking'akir and I never have to go in there again, fuck that shit.

Yeah once we got him down we decided to leave him alone till we ready for the achievement.
    I fucking loath that fight, plus the gear is very meh.

Hate: PvP holy pallies in 2v2 arenas!
    Love: My Holy pally arena partner!
    Hope: Gnutson gets his butt in gear and we do 3s! Spriest, Lock, & h.pally. MOAR DOTS!

Neyla on
    13142111181576.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So over the course of a month or so, my guild has gone from doing heroic halfus 25 one shot to having to pug 3 people just to form 10 man that can't do nefarion or chogal. :(
    All the officers including the gm are playing Rift.

Smrtnik on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ridiculous: Leveling with a full set of heirlooms. I've out-leveled zones before I even get to them.

Hate: My gathering profs are keeping me in the old zones while I level them!

Hate: Dumb hunter that kept attacking only the mobs the tank wasn't. Fortunately it was Ragefire Chasm, so my non-combat pet could tank it. But still...

Happy: Magerizing all over the place.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Neyla wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »

Yeah once we got him down we decided to leave him alone till we ready for the achievement.
    I fucking loath that fight, plus the gear is very meh.

Hate: PvP holy pallies in 2v2 arenas!
    Love: My Holy pally arena partner!
    Hope: Gnutson gets his butt in gear and we do 3s! Spriest, Lock, & h.pally. MOAR DOTS!

You'd be hard pressed to convince any of us to go back. That fight is way too RNG for me. Plus those tornadoes seem to pick you up even if you're out of the way, just 'cause they know you hate that fight.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Happy: Magerizing all over the place.

What's that mean?

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Started a new mage, and doing mage stuff in many areas.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    Started a new mage, and doing mage stuff in many areas.

Ah - I thought there was more too it than that.

My wife plays an Ice Mage, and really likes blowing stuff up (er, I guess I meant "freezing it and shattering it," or something). She has an unfortunate tendency to cone-of-cold things just as they die, however. :D

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've been liking the whole 1 shotting things with Pyroblast right now. I don't know how long that'll last though.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh, yeah, semi-related Hate: Playing my Warrior with my girlfriends Ele Shaman and she has a talent to Thunderstorm mobs just as they die, so we can't loot their corpses (because our client sees them knocked back, while the server still has them on their old position).

Grobian on
  • Options
    MetacortexMetacortex The Prettiest Zombie Coeur d'CoeursRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Grobian wrote: »
    Oh, yeah, semi-related Hate: Playing my Warrior with my girlfriends Ele Shaman and she has a talent to Thunderstorm mobs just as they die, so we can't loot their corpses (because our client sees them knocked back, while the server still has them on their old position).

One of you be an engineer and loot a rang that bad boy.

Metacortex on
    4FNao2T.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Grobian wrote: »

I hate this so much on my druid. I lose out on those previous skins!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, I hate that mobs dying to a knockback means you can't loot bug that came with 4.0.6. It worked fine before, I wonder what they did to break it. What I usually do is try to move far enough away such that the corpse will reload from the sever when I return. If that doesn't work and I really want the loot for whatever reason, I relog.

Opty on
  • Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Opty wrote: »
    Yeah, I hate that mobs dying to a knockback means you can't loot bug that came with 4.0.6. It worked fine before, I wonder what they did to break it. What I usually do is try to move far enough away such that the corpse will reload from the sever when I return. If that doesn't work and I really want the loot for whatever reason, I relog.

Is that what's happening? I'd seen a few corpses that I was "too far away" from but didn't realize what was going on.

Would /reloadui or whatever the command is fix it?

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lootarang is invaluable for those kind of moments.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Logging out/in right away solves those occasional glitches for me.

Ed: And I have engineering, I still won't waste mats on that boomerang bullshit :P

Panda4You on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    What the issue is amounts to the server setting the corpse position right where the mob died. So if you kill with a knockback, the server-body is on the ground where it was standing before the knockback and the client-body is where it ends up after the knockback (likewise, if you knockback and it dies in midair to a dot or something, the corpse ends up on the ground right below where it was in its movement arc). The only way to fix it is to force your client to request data from the server by relogging or moving far enough away so that the area is moved out of memory, a reloadui won't do it. When using the lootarang to get around the issue, to the server it looks like you're using it to loot something you're right next to even though you're using it on something that looks far away to you.

Opty on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I mean, I get how it works, but it's still something I hate. I just have to try not to use typhoon, like, at all, when a mob is low on health.

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The explanation was for tarnok as a preface of why /reloadui wouldn't work

Opty on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh, yeah, totally knew that. Move along!

>.>

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Happy: Working on Cho'gall

Hate: The amount of damage Cho'gall can do to the tank, especially if he conviently mind controls the healers on him.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hate: We've started getting triple drops. And not on things we need, NOOOO. Not like Leather caster bracers or Spirit rings, etc... Triple tanking shields off Nef. I guess our DK and Bear need to L2 Shield, ugh.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
This discussion has been closed.