As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] Pipe Cleaners, Reimagined

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Under his command, a mercenary unit functions as part of the army of Cygnar

Yep. They're gonna make merc units count as Faction.

SJ on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SJ wrote: »
    Under his command, a mercenary unit functions as part of the army of Cygnar

Yep. They're gonna make merc units count as Faction.

I tried to think of when this would be useful, but couldn't. Assuming the ability doesn't work for Character units...

jackisreal on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You can't think of any Merc units you'd like to be able to use your feats with?

SJ on
  • Options
    General NemoGeneral Nemo The Mighty Shame Church for DogsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I see myself using Hawk and Press Gang in the near future with my Buther.

General Nemo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    You can't think of any Merc non-character units you'd like to be able to use your feats with?

Not even one.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm betting on Vindictus with a full unit of Sea Dogs+Attendant Priest and Defender's Ward with Doc Killingsworth, Rhupert, and Lord Rockbottom to be the cheesiest thing in the game since MK1. 16/14 warrior models at SPD 8 with Tough rolls on 4, 5, and 6 are lulz worthy.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nyss hunters with eStryker hell yeah

e: this might be a good reason not to sell my Dwarves. Gun corps and forge guard own.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Nyss hunters are a character unit

jackisreal on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    forge guard or that new ogryn unit then, w/e

he might give the unit some other benefit in addition to our rampant speculation. i mean if the trencher character can give Dig In to my gun corps then hell yeah

SJ on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    forge guard then, or steelhead cav + steelheads

maybe that new ogryn unit will own with sloan

I could be remembering incorrectly, but doesn't sloan's feat just affect jacks?

The Strykers are the only casters we have where the friendly faction feat matters (I think...?) and of those I'm really considering Estryker, who the dwarves are a bit slow for and I still don't see steelheads replacing stormnouns.

Re: ninja edit

Yeah, I'm not trying to complain or say that the guy is definitely going to be shitty, just saying that for me the faction ability isn't that attractive. If he has other good abilities, or does anything at all for trenchers (Trenchers <3<3<3) then I'll be a fan.

jackisreal on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Sloan gives boosted ranged attack rolls to all friendly faction models, and we have no idea what the new caster will do. Both the caines don't care, the Nemos don't care, Siege doesn't care, no one cares about Darius, Kraye doesn't care. Can't think of any friendly faction spells off the top of my head.

SJ on
  • Options
    NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Deflection. Hooo boy would I love it if some of my merc staples could benefit from Deflection. Especially the really squishy ones.

Nechriah on
  • Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    pHaley's feat only effects Faction models, and pNemo's deflection spell is faction specific as well. So is eCaine's magic bullet spell.

I'm thinking Forge Guard though. That'll let their ranked attack work with my ranged units. AND all of my buffs.

Sloan's feat primarily benefits her jacks, but all friendly faction models in her control area get boosted to hit rolls with their ranged attacks. Those Ogryn might be brutal with that.

Edit: anyone up for vassal? Let me know, I'll be hanging out in the thread.

kaorti on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Deflection is friendly faction? Nice with Steelheads or Sea Dogs I suppose against AoEs.

Also: is it confirmed anywhere that it's only non-character units? I mean that's the assumption I think we ought to be operating under but I'm not sure if they've actually said that.

SJ on
  • Options
    General NemoGeneral Nemo The Mighty Shame Church for DogsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nowhere is this confirmed, but it's a pretty good assumption to make (Nyss Hunters or Croe's Cutthroats with Butcher <3)

General Nemo on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Awesome. So we're getting a new Circle player in our LGS come January ish. He's coming in from Spain.

Had a game as Cassius vs Karchev. Lost terribly because my one gambit utterly failed. I wanted to hit his war-dog with a Hellmouth in order to kill it and yank Beast 09 just off of b2b with Karchev because of Sidearms- Karchev was sitting at def 18 against Melee. If that succeeded, I'd have Curse of Shadows'd Karchev then have (hopefully) finished him with three charging UA'd Ravagers and my Warpwolf Stalker.

I couldn't fucking hit a 7 on 3 dice. 3 freaking dice.

Worse yet, I tried again, rolled 6 on two dice. Story of my life.

-Yeah, Sloan's feat is faction only. :(
    Nechriah wrote: »
    Don't know if these got posted or not, but Jonas Murdoch and Tyrant Vorkesh are up on the PP main page!

JonasMurdoch.png
    "Jonas Murdoch is a tough-as-nails trencher captain who can take even the worst mercenary scum and whip them into soldiers any Cygnaran officer would be proud to lead. Under his command, a mercenary unit functions as part of the army of Cygnar."

...Oh, this is what you guys meant. Oh fuck yes.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hopefully these guys can be added to medium-based Mercenary units so I can take advantage of the new Ogryn gun corps dudes.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Honestly, now that I know I could get ranked attack on Forge Guard, I feel a bit silly for ordering Full Precursor Knights + UA.

kaorti on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    Awesome. So we're getting a new Circle player in our LGS come January ish. He's coming in from Spain.

Had a game as Cassius vs Karchev. Lost terribly because my one gambit utterly failed. I wanted to hit his war-dog with a Hellmouth in order to kill it and yank Beast 09 just off of b2b with Karchev because of Sidearms- Karchev was sitting at def 18 against Melee. If that succeeded, I'd have Curse of Shadows'd Karchev then have (hopefully) finished him with three charging UA'd Ravagers and my Warpwolf Stalker.

I couldn't fucking hit a 7 on 3 dice. 3 freaking dice.

Worse yet, I tried again, rolled 6 on two dice. Story of my life.

-Yeah, Sloan's feat is faction only. :(

I will never forget my first 50pt game (incidentally also first game with Cryx), where I managed to jump out of the jaws of defeat against pNemo only to fall into the pit of despair. I had about 20pts of models on the field against his 45, but managed to use the combined effort of eDenny's feat, Ghost Walk, endlessly spawning Revenant Crew, and strategically running Nightmare into melee with units that have terrible MAT/POW(I'm looking at you, Gun Mages) to get Nightmare with 2 Focus into melee with pNemo with 2 focus of three turns.

"Alright, I know I have 10MAT, but I don't want there to be any chance for me to miss, so I'm going to boost because the combo-strike will definitely kill him."

*1,1,1*

It took all of my willpower to not ram my keyboard through my screen.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Speaking of Cryx, does anyone have any tips for dealing with Montenebra? I'm having a hard time thinking of a good way to deal with Overrun + Nightmare. As it is, I could just try to keep a double line of blocking models in between it and my caster, but that can be difficult.

kaorti on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    kaorti wrote: »
    Speaking of Cryx, does anyone have any tips for dealing with Montenebra? I'm having a hard time thinking of a good way to deal with Overrun + Nightmare. As it is, I could just try to keep a double line of blocking models in between it and my caster, but that can be difficult.

Other than shutting down Nightmare with a brutal offense, I can't think of much else. If you're playing Cygnar, I'd recommend a Sloan Firing Squad with Hunters. Should shut him up pretty quick within the first couple turns.

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    AzraAzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    I will never forget my first 50pt game (incidentally also first game with Cryx), where I managed to jump out of the jaws of defeat against pNemo only to fall into the pit of despair. I had about 20pts of models on the field against his 45, but managed to use the combined effort of eDenny's feat, Ghost Walk, endlessly spawning Revenant Crew, and strategically running Nightmare into melee with units that have terrible MAT/POW(I'm looking at you, Gun Mages) to get Nightmare with 2 Focus into melee with pNemo with 2 focus of three turns.

"Alright, I know I have 10MAT, but I don't want there to be any chance for me to miss, so I'm going to boost because the combo-strike will definitely kill him."

*1,1,1*

It took all of my willpower to not ram my keyboard through my screen.

First game with Menoth, first encounter with Vassal cursed dice.

Avatar charges pMakeda with 0 Fury. The Avatar has 3 focus remaining and Eye of Menoth. Okay, sword. Boosting to hit, since pMakeda has Def Ward on her.

Shield.

Buying Sword, boosting.

I think I took a picture and saved it somewhere in my computer.

Azra on
    - The difference between Gods and Daemons depends largely on where one is standing at the moment -
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So, if anyone would be willing at some point in the near future, would anyone be willing to play a training/test Battlebox game on Vassal, I've played a battlebox game with the Skorne and I'd like to try a battlebox game with the Legion of Everblight battlebox.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So, if anyone would be willing at some point in the near future, would anyone be willing to play a training/test Battlebox game on Vassal, I've played a battlebox game with the Skorne and I'd like to try a battlebox game with the Legion of Everblight battlebox.

Depends on your definition of the near future. I'd be on tonight to throw down my Kreoss battlebox around 10:30 PST or so. (After spinning against what I think is going to an LoE 35 point list earlier in the night with Kreoss)

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, I'm back, in a new place, with fresh internet, and no desk to paint on. This makes Rainfall a sad person.

On the bright side, I finally decided to say fuck it, and ordered in a couple of Legion warlocks, Typhon, and some Ogrun Warmongers(already have a Scyther and Neph Protector, so with Typhon I'll have my Vayl battlegroup full up. Woo!)

I guess I should put some time into finishing my Cygnar as soon as I get my desk in, though. Thursday!

In the meantime... oh, doesn't look like I missed anything cool. phew!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Man, I really wanna know what Caliban does.

General Nemo on
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Matev wrote: »

Depends on your definition of the near future. I'd be on tonight to throw down my Kreoss battlebox around 10:30 PST or so. (After spinning against what I think is going to an LoE 35 point list earlier in the night with Kreoss)

I mean like in the next few days or so.

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I'll totally be up for some VASSALan on Friday.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    AzraAzra Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, I really wanna know what Caliban does.

Caliban?

Azra on
    - The difference between Gods and Daemons depends largely on where one is standing at the moment -
  • Options
    edited December 2010
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How about some Thyra, Flame of Sorrow?

Thyra%20Step%204.jpg

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That's hawt.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rainfall wrote: »

Thyra%20Step%204.jpg[IMG][/img]

That full face helmet is pretty vividly detailed. It almost looks like it's an open face helmet, ha!

Ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    No, no. That Cassius fiasco happened at the store. That makes it soooo much worse.

Nice! First protectorate caster with her face showing, amirite? Aside from Harby.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Rainfall wrote: »

Thyra%20Step%204.jpg[IMG][/img]

That full face helmet is pretty vividly detailed. It almost looks like it's an open face helmet, ha!

Ha ha!

Ha ha ha ha!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I lol'd.

General Nemo on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    No, no. That Cassius fiasco happened at the store. That makes it soooo much worse.

Nice! First protectorate caster with her face showing, amirite? Aside from Harby.

Complete face yes. Harby, THR/ToM, and Amon all show their faces to some extent.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited December 2010

I'll totally be up for some VASSALan on Friday.

I'd like to play a game on VASSAL this evening, PST. Matev, drop me a line if you need an opponent. Asmodeus, I'd be happy to run a battle box game against you as well. Send me a PM or post in the thread.

kaorti on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well, I'm good whenever if you want to play. It's 7pm EST for me.

Lord_Asmodeus on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    PM me on vassal. I'm on. I want a game, dammit.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    That was a good game Kaorti, even if I did get my face stomped in. I handled the Legion fairly poorly, and you did get better rolls this game, but overall I think I prefer the Skorne to the Legion, they're tougher and they still hit hard, plus they look about as cool.

Now I just need to decide what Warlock I want to go for with Skorne. I'm favoring Dominar Rasheth, though I am considering Tyrant Xerxis.

Lord_Asmodeus on