As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: RIP Sunfire Garen, 12-14-2010. You will be missed.

• ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dac Vin wrote: »
    Note to self: If one of your teammate tells you he will play AP Master Yi, queue dodge immediately. Don't ask why, just do and spare yourself the suffering.

Doubly so for a Laning AP Warwick.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    in order for AP yi to be effective two things are necessary:

really dumb enemies
    enemies that have no CC at all

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    AP Yi can definitely be effective, to the point where I'm not even sure if I'd call it a gimmick.

It's certainly difficult to pull off well though.

Slicer on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow, I love these Kat buffs. I hope they weren't too much; she feels pretty ballin'.

Still can't win a game with her, though. :P Last one I went 12 and 4 just just couldn't quite make up for our 0 and 19 Soraka who was 'playing LoL for the first time on a friend's computer' and bought a DFG as their first item.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I can believe a level 30 letting their friend play for the first time. But put that shit on a smurph. Let them play against other people that are "new" to the game rather than against all 30's.

If you're showing your friend the game, chances are you want them to play after showing it to them. You're not going to accomplish that by letting them get their ass kicked against a bunch of 30's.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Note to self: If one of your teammate tells you he will play AP Master Yi, queue dodge immediately. Don't ask why, just do and spare yourself the suffering.

Are you serious?

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Never seen a magewick doing the nasty like Veigar?

He's all NOM.

NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM.

NOM.

OM NOM.

And everyone else is all what is this guy doi- OM NOM -OH GOD IT HURTS- NOM

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • JellySalmonJellySalmon Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tried Kassadin for the first time, did ok, but I had no idea what items to buy for him or what spells are good with him. Ghost for chasing?

Also, is it possible to deal damage with Janna? No matter what I build, I always go 1-1-27 with her. I want to snowball too damnit!

JellySalmon on
    What do you say we take a relaxed attitude towards work and watch the baseball game? The nye Mets are my favorite squadron.
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tried Kassadin for the first time, did ok, but I had no idea what items to buy for him or what spells are good with him. Ghost for chasing?

Also, is it possible to deal damage with Janna? No matter what I build, I always go 1-1-27 with her. I want to snowball too damnit!

You can become the best chaser in the game by focusing her W and E early and using Q for the knock up only basically.

Then you auto attack, snare, shield auto attack for fat deeps, knock em up, snare more, attack more, deeps more.

edit: for janna obviously.

For Kassadin I build Haunted Guise, Sorc Boots, Abyssal Scepter, Pray your carry built a lot of MR.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »

Are you serious?

Tanky/AP is how warwick should be played anyway.

Dac Vin on
    edited December 2010
    I'm getting crazy, crazy scores with Kat but I keep losing anyway. :(

I'm not even raging, though, cuz this shit is so nuts.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    I'm getting crazy, crazy scores with Kat but I keep losing anyway. :(

I'm not even raging, though, cuz this shit is so nuts.

I'm having the opposite. My Casseopeia Scores are usually in the realms of 1/4/15+ My Q is hitting like crazy but since it's a slow all my kills are getting sniped. S'ok though because we are winning these games :)

I think out of the 8 cass games I've played I've won 6 of them.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I played Urgot for the first time in a couple months. Results within.
    urgotownage.jpg
    AWESOMEFACE.png

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
    edited December 2010
    That looks like a game where I would play Vlad. I'm so bad with him.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • DkarrdeDkarrde Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rikushix wrote: »

Are you serious?

Tanky/AP is how warwick should be played anyway.

building warwick AP is actively defeating the most effective part of Hungering Strike.

HS hits EITHER for: 20% of maximum health at rank 5, OR flat + AP. Both of these are lowered by MR.

There's a reason Bloodrazor is still the go-to item on him. Grab that and magic penetration to increase your Warwick output, not AP. The first 150 or so AP will be completely wasted by endgame because of health totals, and the more maximum HP your enemies have, the more you're wasting of your AP. If you're splitting between tank/AP, you're not going to get the 500 or so AP necessary to even start to make his hungering strikes hurt much more on squishies.

Dkarrde on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've seen a lot of Warwick players not go Bloodrazor at all anymore and just get Wriggle's, then straight tank items. DanDinh was streaming today and I believe his build was something like Wriggle, Merc Treads, Spirit Visage, Randuin's Omen.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited December 2010
    Was he getting kills? Seems to me that if you want to get kills with Warwick, you need Madreds. Or something to deal damage. Otherwise you're a standard tank and you don't die and get a lot of assists.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well generally you want to win.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Ryadic wrote: »
    Was he getting kills? Seems to me that if you want to get kills with Warwick, you need Madreds. Or something to deal damage. Otherwise you're a standard tank and you don't die and get a lot of assists.

Nah not too much I think he got a tanky type of score, maybe like 3-2-bunchofassists. Although if you time WW's Q well you can kill steal people like a pro.

And yes his team did win.

Oh and I should mention that he wasn't just building tanky because they didn't have another tank or anything like that. They had Shen and Singed.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tried out the new Sona item order. Works all right, but I felt gold starved all game because of those fucking ward nerfs. Still made it to the Recurve, at least, so that part was fine.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
    edited December 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    Ryadic wrote: »

Nah not too much I think he got a tanky type of score, maybe like 3-2-bunchofassists. Although if you time WW's Q well you can kill steal people like a pro.

Most of my kills with Amumu come as "steals" from despair getting the last hit. Some guy literally raged at me in a solo queue game.

"I'm sorry, I can't control when despair ticks. And I don't turn it off until the target is dead."

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Wow. 2 games with Cassiopeia so far.

What a garbage champ.

EDIT: Or that's what it looks like, anyway. Maybe people are just building her wrong.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited December 2010

What a garbage champ.

EDIT: Or that's what it looks like, anyway. Maybe people are just building her wrong.

I think next time i play her I'm going to focus on her Q more. The ratio on it is absurd. It's literally something like .85 or maybe even .9

The ratio on her E is pretty bad though despite being able to spam it.

Delphinidaes on
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    edited December 2010

What a garbage champ.

Yeah the games I've seen her in she just seems very underwhelming. She seems to have a pretty good early laning presence with her poison/twin fang combo. She seems like the new Urgot.

Is she fun to play? She doesn't really look it.

I think her AOE slow/poison needs to be a bit bigger. It seems so small that people can easily avoid it. Her ultimate cone just doesn't seem large enough to really have that much of an effect in team fights. It seems pretty good for ganking, though.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010

What a garbage champ.

I think next time i play her I'm going to focus on her Q more. The ratio on it is absurd. It's literally something like .85 or maybe even .9

Is her Q the one where she vomits purple goop?

Because it looks like it eat up your mana like crazy.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited December 2010

What a garbage champ.

Is her Q the one where she vomits purple goop?

Because it looks like it eat up your mana like crazy.

Nah her Q is the one that works kinda like Karthus' Lay Waste. It's on a short cooldown (3 seconds I think) Her W is the purple goo (miasma) which is a stronger poison but her to hit with. It's great for pushing a lane or defending though and it has a nice slow on it.

Delphinidaes on
    delphinidaes.png
    edited December 2010
    Okay - this is the new Kat build for sure:

Vamp Scepter (just to keep you in the lane)
    Build Cutlass
    Boots 1
    Build Gunblade
    Boots 2
    Build Rageblade
    Build Rylai's
    Build GA & other survivability stuff

Man it's so awesome.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
    edited December 2010
    I don't like a Vamp Scepter first item on pretty much anyone because it forces you to push the lane to have any value, basically.

Guys, stop pushing out your lanes. There are a few specific champions and a few specific in-game situations where it's good to do so, but in general the rule of thumb is don't.

Also if I'm in a duo lane with you and you insist on autoing/nuking the creeps to push out the lane I will hate you forever

OremLK on
  • CutfangCutfang Dancing Bagel WalessssssssRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How can you make use of vamp scepter as Kat, when any half competant opponent will nuke you when you get close? You'll get more regen out of a Doran's Shield or 2 health potions.

Cutfang on
    Dancing Bagel
    edited December 2010
    Doran's Shield seems so much better if you need to keep in your lane. The regen should be just as good as Vampiric Scepter, unless of course you're pushing with Scepter.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    OremLK wrote: »
    I don't like a Vamp Scepter first item on pretty much anyone because it forces you to push the lane to have any value, basically.

Guys, stop pushing out your lanes. There are a few specific champions and a few specific in-game situations where it's good to do so, but in general the rule of thumb is don't.

Also if I'm in a duo lane with you and you insist on autoing/nuking the creeps to push out the lane I will hate you forever

Even just last hitting with it should keep you in the lane (was working for me). You could start with Doran's Shield instead, but you'll be setting back your Cutlass & Gunblade, which you want ASAP.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • CelethangCelethang Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Rylai's seems pretty key on Cass. Good luck running from her with how much she can spam her abilities. The spam also makes tear/archangel's a great buy, but getting Rylai's first seems more necessary since she's definitely a sustained DPS hero. Can't really do too much if they run away before you can steadily burn them down.

She seems great in teamfights though with that kind of DPS.

And yeah, her Q has an AMAZING AP ratio. The rest of her ratios are pretty crap though D:

Celethang on
    edited December 2010
    Cutfang wrote: »
    How can you make use of vamp scepter as Kat, when any half competant opponent will nuke you when you get close? You'll get more regen out of a Doran's Shield or 2 health potions.

?

Kat is very difficult to counter harass after level 3 because of her KI+Shunpo combo. She hammers you with Shunpo, you hit her back for reduced damage because of KI, she throws a BB in your face and maybe an auto or two.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • Squirrel RancherSquirrel Rancher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Squirrel Rancher on
  • ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Why did I ever stop playing Shen?

sheng.png

Shamus on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Onward, Urgot supremacy
    201012142330Win.jpg

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm finding it really hard to believe that people are as fucking stupid in League as they really are. I played a bomb as tank Singed, basically unkillable unless the whole other team all jumped me and even then I almost lived. All I need from my team is to beat the fuck out of the other teams squishes while I fuck with the tanks and poison the squishes. Is that so much to ask for? Can't believe I lost that game

Next game was a Blitztank, I was wrecking the other team, they were all AP except for Amumu who was the only tank. They couldn't touch me for the most part and again, all I needed from my team was them to wreck their DPS. Didn't fucking happen, I ran into the middle of the enemy team and proceeded to dish out some hurt while my team trudged into the fight and each went after a different target instead of doing some focus fire. Fucking awesome, bunch of fucking assholes.

8 games in a row so far and I've only managed to win two. What a miserable night to play LoL. I have no idea what more I can do, did I miss something?

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stragint wrote: »
    I have no idea what more I can do, did I miss something?

sounds like you solo queued

so yeah

WhiteShark on
    edited December 2010
    You know, I'm wondering. Was stacking Sunfires really that bad that it required a nerf?

Cause as an Amumu player, I liked getting 2 or 3 in certain games. Or if I was joking around and just having fun, I would get as many as I could and just run around like a jackass.

This may be one of the bigger nerfs to surprise me because I don't recall anyone complaining about it at all.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    I have no idea what more I can do, did I miss something?

sounds like you solo queued

so yeah

I actually duo queued and I don't play ranked so its normal games but I haven't had this level of bullshit ever. It started on Saturday

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.