As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: RIP Sunfire Garen, 12-14-2010. You will be missed.

• TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tried out sivir over trynd for one game and its goddamn night and day. She may not be able to kill other champions faster at level 18 but she gets there fast and gets tons of money which is way better for solo queue

TIFunkalicious on
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Stragint wrote: »
    WhiteShark wrote: »
    I have no idea what more I can do, did I miss something?

sounds like you solo queued

so yeah

I actually duo queued and I don't play ranked so its normal games but I haven't had this level of bullshit ever. It started on Saturday

I've heard duo queue makes your opponents extra hard

but I've never heard of it making your teammates extra suck

WhiteShark on
  • The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm finding it really hard to believe that people are as fucking stupid in League as they really are. I played a bomb as tank Singed, basically unkillable unless the whole other team all jumped me and even then I almost lived. All I need from my team is to beat the fuck out of the other teams squishes while I fuck with the tanks and poison the squishes. Is that so much to ask for? Can't believe I lost that game

Next game was a Blitztank, I was wrecking the other team, they were all AP except for Amumu who was the only tank. They couldn't touch me for the most part and again, all I needed from my team was them to wreck their DPS. Didn't fucking happen, I ran into the middle of the enemy team and proceeded to dish out some hurt while my team trudged into the fight and each went after a different target instead of doing some focus fire. Fucking awesome, bunch of fucking assholes.

8 games in a row so far and I've only managed to win two. What a miserable night to play LoL. I have no idea what more I can do, did I miss something?

Yeah, I know. My games have been about 50/50, but man... when you've got an idiot on your team, it's so damn frustrating.

Hey

Hey Trist

Maybe you should stop going off on your own into the enemy jungle?

So you don't keep getting ganked like that?

And then blaming us?

Hey

Hey Tryndamere

Maybe you should attack Miss Fortune?

And not Garen?

Who does not understand that Sunfires no longer stack I guess?

Of course it's solo queue, so you get what you get (I just didn't want to take New Kat into PA Premades until I got a feel for her).

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • WhiteSharkWhiteShark Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tried out sivir over trynd for one game and its goddamn night and day. She may not be able to kill other champions faster at level 18 but she gets there fast and gets tons of money which is way better for solo queue

Sivir is frickin' amazing

I want her so bad
    :winky:

WhiteShark on
    edited December 2010
    I want a champ that can transform into a transport truck plz.

Whoever you make contact with while you're in truck mode takes damage and is knocked back.

And whenever you use your ulti the game starts playing Stan Bush's 'The Touch'.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • RikushixRikushix VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You ever have one of those games where not only you play well, but your team plays well, and you're just rolling the enemy team? And then suddenly it's 25 minutes and the tables are turned, and they're stomping on your inhibitors?

Yeah, I just had one of those games.

Sigh :(

Rikushix on
    StKbT.jpg
    edited December 2010
    ...I am starting to see a lot of Kat bans all of a sudden.

This is a discouraging sign. :(

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm having a really bad run in solo queue. Lots of losses, some of which are partly my fault, mostly though out of my control because my team is terrible. Almost all my wins feel like one-sided steamrolls, where I play well but don't feel like I was the difference between winning or losing, could have inserted any player into my spot in the team and we still would have won.

Just lots of horrible matchmaking failures, basically. It's probably because I'm playing too many games in the middle of the night and players suck at this time of night.

This game is so much more fun when matchmaking actually succeeds in putting you in a competitive match where the teams are pretty balanced.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited December 2010
    Fucking ouch.

Just got absolutely clobbered by a good Shaco & Twitch. Went 1/12/whatever

Man I fucking hate the stealth mechanics in this game. Some characters just don't make enough early gold for vision wards and/or Oracle's.

EDIT: That, and vision wards are just lulz for stealthers to counter. Oh, look - Shaco and Twitch bought Oracles. Welp, there goes all of our map awareness and stealth detection.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The Ender wrote: »
    Fucking ouch.

Just got absolutely clobbered by a good Shaco & Twitch. Went 1/12/whatever

Man I fucking hate the stealth mechanics in this game. Some characters just don't make enough early gold for vision wards and/or Oracle's.

Yeah, jungling when there is a Twitch or Eve on the other team is futile. You should just head straight to a lane when you see them at the loading screen.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You know, now that we're out of the AoE metagame I can finally play Morgana in ranked a lot more that I should be allowed to.

...dear god I think not playing Morgana for a while actually made me worse than when I had free reign over her and only her.

Dac Vin on
    edited December 2010
    There are ways to deal with enemy counterjunglers. But you need to not be a jungler who requires blue buff. If I see a stealther on the enemy team I just sit in the base until just before the camps spawn so they have no idea where I'm going to start. Then I just start at some unpredictable spot, wolves/wraiths/minigolem at random. Also, if you're Warwick, Eve is kind of a joke because if she jumps you, you just kill her. Probably the same with Twitch.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
    edited December 2010
    My main is Amumu. He's the only one I ever jungle with.

So it is very easy to figure out my route. But I did find an alternative route on a guide on Leaguecraft. It just requires me to leech 1/2 a level worth of EXP from mid. But I still have to hit blue at level 2.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, that's Amumu's greatest weakness.

OremLK on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    love malzahar

he's so hugtacular

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
    edited December 2010
    Something I've learned about Poppy:

She is incredibly speed dependent. If the enemy team has a lot of slows, you're gonna get fucked up.

EDIT: Malphite, Teemo, Twitch, Xin, Karthus.

Team molasses.

We won it, but damn I got my shit busted up.

The Ender on
    With Love and Courage
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    is this the first time malz has ever been free

he came out in July, right?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    is this the first time malz has ever been free

he came out in July, right?

They have that graph thing that shows who has been free and how many times. I know that every character was free at least once.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    I've never seen this graph

do you have a link?

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    I would link it, but the site is blocked at work.

It's on the LoL forums in the thread they make every week announcing free champions.

Edit:

Graph isn't the right word. It's a spreadsheet.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    according to that spreadsheet, this is the first time malz has ever been free outside of free champion weekends

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    according to that spreadsheet, this is the first time malz has ever been free outside of free champion weekends

What?

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    that is untrue, i know he's been free before that

interrobang on
    edited December 2010
    I guess I read it wrong or something

sorry

Nerdgasmic on
    edited December 2010
    YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED

interrobang on
  • ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

It's definitely false. He was free the first or second week I played the game, which was last May or June. And at least a couple of times since then. I think he's one of my favourite champs that I don't own. I just haven't felt like spending the 6300 on him, I'm sort of content to just play him during his free weeks.

This on
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    When I played Malz yesterday I kept laughing with delight.

If this continues I may need to purchase him.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
    edited December 2010
    malz is fun stuff! i just wish i wasn't so terrible with him

interrobang on
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    free malz has been screwing with my trynd play so much

TIFunkalicious on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    why does a gypsy talk like he's been chainsmoking every day down on the bayou after having a crawfish boil in the swamp HOOOO-EY makin bacon

god TF your voiceee

Feels Good Man on
  • wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I like Kog maw. I think he's fantastic against a wide variety of mids.

But when things get to the teamfight phase and your fucking team doesn't make any effort at all to protect you it's just stupid. I spend all my time running away and/or dying. while 3 or 4 people on my team chase janna through fucking bushes.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    i hate playing against malz

hate it

stupid silence

i lane against him as pantheon and run towards him and flash in his direction right as i suspect he's about to cast his wall

sure i can only do it every 4 minutes

but it's so fucking worth it to get off my combo

smug, stupid malz

*rage*

Organichu on
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    SONAAAA

WHY WON'T YOU DIE

Feels Good Man on
    edited December 2010
    She's just [strike]a girl[/strike] looking for love in a mixed up muddled up shook up world.

Now I'm not the worlds most physical guy, but when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine, oh my Sona:whistle:

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Normal matchmaking too pro. Get paired with baddies, level 16 and 23, against a team of all 30s.
    A premade of Chauster, faeriececil and ManyReason, actually. Willump's back wasn't strong enough :(

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • olliedagolliedag Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You know, as much as I love my tanks, I gotta wonder ..

When I used to main Kog'Maw, was I as horrendously bad as some of the Kog's I've seen recently?

I've seen really strange builds on a Kog, and each time i've wondered if they're high whilst playing.

The top 'wtf' build was Tank'Maw, who had a warmog's and FoN.

olliedag on
    edited December 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    i hate playing against malz

hate it

stupid silence

i lane against him as pantheon and run towards him and flash in his direction right as i suspect he's about to cast his wall

sure i can only do it every 4 minutes

but it's so fucking worth it to get off my combo

smug, stupid malz

*rage*

Play Malz.

Learn him.

Then you can counter him pretty easily. That silence wall isn't that easy to land if people know how to dodge it.

Or at least that's what it felt like when I was playing him.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    Still hanging around the low 1500s in ranked. I feel like I can do better, but I'm sure everyone thinks that.

OremLK on
    edited December 2010
    You need to feel the meta.

Like Batman.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I get 1 point in Malz's wall for hitting clumped up group fights, but even W's better for punishing clumped enemies. Rest goes into E > W.

Silence is nice but you'll rarely land it against a competent enemy without some kind of distraction.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.