As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

• MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    anyway maybe he just happens to be wanted for rape again just at the exact moment the US is pissed about the cable leaks, but I don't buy it

as implausible conspiracy theories go, this one feels pretty plausible

The original warrants were back in August if I remember right. Though I will admit it being brought back up again just after he kind of decided to fuck around with the state department and well the world of diplomacy.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    She consented to sex with a condom, and it either broke or he didn't wear one, she said no, he continued

Rape. Couldn't be much fucking clearer. Now whether or not this is true or not is a matter for the courts, but he is being sought for rape.

That would be sex under false pretences or rape by fraud, unless she actually asked to stop the act and he continued, rather than her consenting throughout but being unaware that he wasn't using protection. The other allegation as it's presented in that article is certainly rape.

Aroused Bull on
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    julian assange is a huge douche on pretty universal terms

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The CIA connection is a long stretch. Its tinfoil hat levels of crazy.

DeShadowC on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Winky wrote: »
    Where is Cass?

Present yourself!!!

Um what's up

What do you want me to draw you like.

IE what do you want to be a visual quirk to distinguish you?

Winky on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Which is bad

heads up: If any of you think that continuing after she's said "no" isn't rape then I will find out and I will have my gnomes confiscate your dick

That one is the sexual molestation charge. The woman who was asleep, is the rape charge.

Borkistani to me!

What's sexual molestation in swedish lawspeak?

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    And with such a publicized case it would be pretty hard to cheat.

The publicity of a thing has hardly affected the ability of someone to cheat in my experience.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Kagera wrote: »
    I hear it wasn't until Assange was going to leak stuff about the major banks that he was targeted.

That's not really true, the comment about the major bank was recent, but I read in local media several weeks ago that Sweden had started forming the base for an international warrant.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
    edited December 2010
    Which is bad

heads up: If any of you think that continuing after she's said "no" isn't rape then I will find out and I will have my gnomes confiscate your dick

That one is the sexual molestation charge. The woman who was asleep, is the rape charge.

How is that not rape?

I agree with it being rape in my opinion. I'm just saying he's being charged/accused with sexual molestation in that case.

DeShadowC on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Which is bad

How is that not rape?

I don't think we know the answer to that, but that in that case, he is not being charged with rape. That's just what's going on.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The funny thing is I agree with Eco's take on the cables themselves

there's nothing in those cables that nobody with half a brain didn't already know, this is all hypocrisy and mummery

Senjutsu on
    edited December 2010
    I mean, let's say it's a conspiracy. They would have to basically buy off three different judges, since that is sort of how it works here (no jury). And with such a publicized case it would be pretty hard to cheat.

So what purpose would it serve really, if it didn't happen it'd be pretty difficult to make it look like it did. Also the prosecutors threw the case out once already because the evidences or statements or whatever wasn't convincing.

So at best an instigating party would have him tied up for few months, and cost him lawyer fees, but that's pretty much it. And I'm sure wikileaks will keep doing their thing in the mean time, so I don't really think anyone would gain anything from doing this - if it was a conspiracy.

I think the conspiracy amounted to as much as one politician saying to the other - hey step up on getting this douche because fuck that guy

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited December 2010
    Only the result of weeks of creating that warrant was only seen now, at first, simultaneous to the bank stuff.

Honk on
  • Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Where is Cass?

Present yourself!!!

Um what's up

Stink lines.

Donkey Kong on
    edited December 2010
    Anyway douchebag is a douchebag even if he also leaks information.

Solution: Get a non-douchebag to leak information.

Kagera on
  • CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Good morning [chat]. How goes things?

*reads a bit*

Ah, Wikileaks...

Cokebotle on
    工事中
    edited December 2010

there's nothing in those cables that nobody with half a brain didn't already know, this is all hypocrisy and mummery

it's made sweden all pissed at us for playing them for suckers with the JAS Gripen vs F-35 thing

but that's mostly them being really slow

like eurofighter smelled it less than half-way into the competition and backed out

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited December 2010
    Only the result of weeks of creating that warrant was only seen now, at first, simultaneous to the bank stuff.

EVIL CORPORATIONS

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
    edited December 2010
    Which is bad

How is that not rape?

I don't think we know the answer to that, but that in that case, he is not being charged with rape. That's just what's going on.

He is being charged for rape though. Just of the second woman.

@Abdhyius I have no clue about Swedish laws. Most of this is just memory from the thread we had here where he was first accused months ago.

DeShadowC on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Where is Cass?

Present yourself!!!

Um what's up

Draw me with a gigantic pirate hat and long hair :D

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
    edited December 2010

I wasn't being serious. I don't believe there needs to be a conspiracy for this guy. Hell he was a glorified webhost for the real leakers anyway.

Kagera on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The branch of Barclays that is near my office had been pelted with paint this morning when I walked past it.

This has nothing to do with anything, I was just reminded of it by the EVIL CORPORATION talk.

japan on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    there senj

I just reported you for awesome

AGAIN

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited December 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    anyway maybe he just happens to be wanted for rape again just at the exact moment the US is pissed about the cable leaks, but I don't buy it

as implausible conspiracy theories go, this one feels pretty plausible

The original warrants were back in August if I remember right. Though I will admit it being brought back up again just after he kind of decided to fuck around with the state department and well the world of diplomacy.

That warrant was canceled the day after it was issued due to lack of evidence. The prosecutor called the charges unfounded at the time.

But hey presto all of a sudden it's back again

Senjutsu on
    edited December 2010

it's made sweden all pissed at us for playing them for suckers with the JAS Gripen vs F-35 thing

like eurofighter smelled it less than half-way into the competition and backed out

Nobody's all pissed, really. The newspapers wrote it up in 120 point arial black on their websites but nobody gave a shit so they made the articles obscure 20 minutes later. Failed headline.

And the politicians involved made comments like "What's the big deal, it was a competition".

So nobody really cared.

Honk on
    edited December 2010
    did I dream reading that one article

or do just no-one care

they caught the dude who leaked the cables and that video of the apache shooting those civilians

I mean not like assange, he's just a dude with a website, but the dude who originally got all the files

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited December 2010

I wasn't being serious. I don't believe there needs to be a conspiracy for this guy. Hell he was a glorified webhost for the real leakers anyway.

Even if he is being pursued by the Man and his evil interpol hounds, these were existing allegations, right? At worst they just picked them up and ran with them.

Aroused Bull on
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Kill the face to scare off others if possible. Not exactly kill but you get the idea. But the guy is also an ass which I don't think helps his case.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
    edited December 2010
    japan wrote: »
    The branch of Barclays that is near my office had been pelted with paint this morning when I walked past it.

This has nothing to do with anything, I was just reminded of it by the EVIL CORPORATION talk.

our office in Toronto got like 2 free weeks off during the G20 protest nonsense

honestly you think it would occur to these people that they're actually making evil corporate shlubs happier

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
    edited December 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    there senj

I just reported you for awesome

AGAIN

hooray

Senjutsu on
    edited December 2010

or do just no-one care

they caught the dude who leaked the cables and that video of the apache shooting those civilians

I mean not like assange, he's just a dude with a website, but the dude who originally got all the files

I never read this article. Link? What have they done to him?

Aroused Bull on
    edited December 2010

Nobody's all pissed, really. The newspapers wrote it up in 120 point arial black on their websites but nobody gave a shit so they made the articles obscure 20 minutes later. Failed headline.

And the politicians involved made comments like "What's the big deal, it was a competition".

So nobody really cared.

relative to what our relationship is this counts as "all pissed"

by the way

what's it like to have the biggest douche as a king

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

or do just no-one care

bradley manning

they got him ages ago

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
    edited December 2010

you probably have to be a raging douchebag to create and run something like wikileaks

Senjutsu on
  • WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Where is Cass?

Present yourself!!!

Um what's up

fine, I'm just going to draw you as Miss Fortune.

I hope you like whore pants.

Winky on
    edited December 2010

I thought Wikileaks needed a new face back when Julian was on Colbert in April.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/270712/april-12-2010/julian-assange

Colbert nailed him for not having any integrity.

Donkey Kong on
    edited December 2010

or do just no-one care

I never read this article. Link? What have they done to him?

arrested him and they're going to throw him in jail, probably. I dunno, it was a short article. I read it in a paper newspaper, I read all of them every day I was working.

but on the other hand there's really not much to write about there, I mean the dude broke the law and now he's going to prison. Bam.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
    edited December 2010
    Oh, wait, Bradley Manning, I did hear about that guy. I guess you're right, no one cares.

Aroused Bull on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Where is Cass?

Present yourself!!!

Um what's up

fine, I'm just going to draw you as Miss Fortune.

I hope you like whore pants.

No wait, I'm fat, so draw me like a fat, sensibly dressed Miss Fortune.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
This discussion has been closed.