Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Les [Chat]s des Maldoror

1555658606163

Posts

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    All we had to do was reform the filibuster so that you have to actually hold the floor hostage if you want to play that game. Read a phone book, talk about star wars... Whatever. But visibly be the party of time wasting assholes that you truly are.

    And force that vote through without the 60 votes using the nuclear option.

    And when republicans get back in power and use this against you to strip out all the legislation you put up, you'll see why its a lose lose situation. The system is broken yes, but its broken both ways.

    Preacher on
    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The GOP would have blinked on UI first

    nexuscrawler on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    is there anything that shouldn't be compromised on

    Whiskey

    I could use some of that

    So It Goes on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    is there anything that shouldn't be compromised on

    Whiskey

    we should compromise on the spelling

    Nerdgasmic on
    @nealcm @faynor
    nerdgasmic.gif1420 6068 6113 - XBL Atomoclassic
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    The GOP would have blinked on UI first

    Well there's no way to know now, is there

    Sigh

    So It Goes on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I still don't understand why Goblins weren't a neutral class that could roll Alliance or Horde.

    There are all kinds of Goblins in the Alliance. Hell one of the leaders of SI7 is a Goblin.

    Because they wanted worgen to fit in somewhere.

    This isn't all goblins either, this is one cartel that encountered Thrall on his way to the Maelstrom and was nearly wiped out by an alliance flotilla.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    is there anything that shouldn't be compromised on

    Whiskey

    Sexual protection, a rare steak.

    Preacher on
    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got these blister plasters but in all honestly I'm finding them a little disturbing.

    japan on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    So It Goes wrote: »
    is there anything that shouldn't be compromised on

    Whiskey

    we should compromise on the spelling

    nevar

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Preach they are screwed if it goes through. The cost of this tax break could of payed for national healthcare for 10 years. Which would of done better.

    Also Obama never had 60 votes in the Senate. Never. He had 59 at most and Liberman when he bowed down to him. Throw in the 6 months with Franken to get in. Then the loss of Ted Kennedy which lead to 58 votes. Seriously someone in the strategy session miscalculated or he really didn't care and passed stuff he wanted and was actually just double speaking to us on the campaign.

    If you look at it between the Senate and him basically giving the Republicans his ball so they could just go home and not let anything happen is what the last two years have been. He has called for bipartisanship which doesn't work when the other sides to destroy you and salt the Earth. If he fought tooth and nail. Showed those who blocked stuff as being wrong for the country or at least attacked them you would probably have seen a better mid-term for him. Better poll numbers and he would still have the support of his base.

    The guy basically has lost me. He isn't worth my air to scream about at this point. Either he is the worst negotiator ever or he just doesn't want to negotiate. He held the keys and the power and hell the public backing. He just seems to act like he had none of these.

    i don't believe this. it was in the political interests of the republicans to block everything they could, but it was not clear from the beginning that this was the case, nor that they would have the party discipline to carry through with it. it turned out they did.

    so then the question was whether obama would insist on pushing genuinely progressive legislation that would NOT pass the senate, or push compromise legislation that would. he went with the latter and i laud him for it.

    because as much as compromise offends the liberal sensibilities of some on the left, executive inaction is bad for the party and bad for the nation. "We didn't do anything with our control of congress and the presidency with 60/59/58 seat majority because they blocked us" is not a winning argument.

    liberals who can't suck it up and deal with reality - or somehow assume that their ideology is really popular in extremes and just somehow not actually reflected in elections and just needs to be doubled down on - are fundamentally why the democratic party is fucking useless. as horrible and hateful and crazy as the republicans are, you don't get substantial numbers of them bolting over even very fundamental disagreements. but ask a fucking liberal to compromise and it's choruses of fuck this country and fuck the president and imma vote green or move to france.

    Considering myself as a moderate (or centrist? I'm not sure which is more appropriate), I agree with this call for pragmatism.

    This said, I think the complaint about Obama I'd agree most with is that he hasn't really communicated what he's done or tried to do effectively, and why these are/would be good. Either that or the media are so entrenched in their narrative that any attempt he makes to do so gets ignored. Short of buying Fox News and encouraging a new editorial direction, I'm not sure how to combat this.

    RMS Oceanic on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I still don't understand why Goblins weren't a neutral class that could roll Alliance or Horde.

    There are all kinds of Goblins in the Alliance. Hell one of the leaders of SI7 is a Goblin.

    Because they wanted worgen to fit in somewhere.

    This isn't all goblins either, this is one cartel that encountered Thrall on his way to the Maelstrom and was nearly wiped out by an alliance flotilla.

    just like how its not all trolls on the horde, or not all dwarves on the alliance, or not even all worgen

    Arch on
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    ooh maybe Hiram

    ding ding

    William Hiram Sexy?

    That's cool.

    Also whee there was space in the disabled students' study carrels.

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The GOP would have blinked on UI first

    No they wouldn't, if taxes go up they win bigger come 2012.

    Preacher on
    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    is there anything that shouldn't be compromised on
    the necessity of compromise

    Bama on
  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    is there anything that shouldn't be compromised on

    Genocide? "Okay, Hitler, you want to kill all the Jews and we want you to kill none of the Jews. Let's compromise and kill half the Jews."

    Premier kakos on
    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »

    I'm with you on this one Will, from the other direction. I don't like the extension of unemployment benefits all that much but I would much rather have my government do something instead of sit around and self-fellatate like the bunch of chucklefucks they are
    gooey you honestly think extending tax cuts to the rich when they already pay disproportionately less taxes than A) the rich in every other first world nation, and B) the rich in this nation ever have in the past outside of the Gilded Age, will help our economy and country enough to offset the tremendous swelling of the deficit this will entail?

    is that your honest position?

    yes exactly
    and the fact that this hasn't worked, ever, does not factor into your opinion

    MikeMan on
    HOW DO YOU FUCK UP BAGELS. YOU BOIL THE WATER. PUT IN THE NOODLES
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still say trolls are racist as fuck

    Ludious on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm down to one game in my backlog. If I beat that well before Christmas, the threat of me playing Cata will become very real.

    YamiNoSenshi on
    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.

    Watch me sometimes stream games.
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    The GOP would have blinked on UI first

    No they wouldn't, if taxes go up they win bigger come 2012.

    They've blinked on unemployment several times

    they're not gonna cut off tons of middle class people

    not if the dems had a clue how to frame the issues.

    nexuscrawler on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    You can have a "compromise" where one side gets a lot more that they want than the other side

    So It Goes on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i uh

    kind of agree a bit ludious

    and i feel a little bit the same way about goblins

    Arch on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    is there anything that shouldn't be compromised on

    Genocide? "Okay, Hitler, you want to kill all the Jews and we want you to kill none of the Jews. Let's compromise and kill half the Jews."

    sounds fair

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »

    just like how its not all trolls on the horde, or not all dwarves on the alliance, or not even all worgen

    I wonder now if you did a racial breakdown of bad guys if one side has more representation then the other. Like in my mind I think more horde races are generic bad guys in the game (undead, orcs, now goblins) then allies, even with humans being a lot of default pirate bandits.

    Preacher on
    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    All we had to do was reform the filibuster so that you have to actually hold the floor hostage if you want to play that game. Read a phone book, talk about star wars... Whatever. But visibly be the party of time wasting assholes that you truly are.

    And force that vote through without the 60 votes using the nuclear option.

    And when republicans get back in power and use this against you to strip out all the legislation you put up, you'll see why its a lose lose situation. The system is broken yes, but its broken both ways.

    No, it isn't. The filibuster has NEVER. EVER. been used like it is being used right now. You should only use it on things of note, where massive ideological differences with significant outcomes are at stake. And it WILL return to that when you have to really do it and not just threaten it.

    syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »

    I'm with you on this one Will, from the other direction. I don't like the extension of unemployment benefits all that much but I would much rather have my government do something instead of sit around and self-fellatate like the bunch of chucklefucks they are
    gooey you honestly think extending tax cuts to the rich when they already pay disproportionately less taxes than A) the rich in every other first world nation, and B) the rich in this nation ever have in the past outside of the Gilded Age, will help our economy and country enough to offset the tremendous swelling of the deficit this will entail?

    is that your honest position?

    yes exactly
    and the fact that this hasn't worked, ever, does not factor into your opinion

    This is the worst logic. We've had these tax cuts for years, during which the economy tanked harder than most people alive have ever seen. They obviously don't help, and have a correlation with hurting.

    YamiNoSenshi on
    Damn it, it's fucking noon. I demand to know if Yami shit on a desk yet.

    Watch me sometimes stream games.
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ludious wrote: »
    I still don't understand why Goblins weren't a neutral class that could roll Alliance or Horde.

    There are all kinds of Goblins in the Alliance. Hell one of the leaders of SI7 is a Goblin.

    Because they wanted worgen to fit in somewhere.

    This isn't all goblins either, this is one cartel that encountered Thrall on his way to the Maelstrom and was nearly wiped out by an alliance flotilla.
    I think the Alliance navy's sole purpose is increasing Horde recruitment.

    And yea, as another example of racial heterogeneity most troll tribes aren't part of the Horde and there are even neutral ones.

    Bama on
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

    just like how its not all trolls on the horde, or not all dwarves on the alliance, or not even all worgen

    I wonder now if you did a racial breakdown of bad guys if one side has more representation then the other. Like in my mind I think more horde races are generic bad guys in the game (undead, orcs, now goblins) then allies, even with humans being a lot of default pirate bandits.

    gonna have to call this for the horde I believe

    unless you don't count all undead as "forsaken"

    Arch on
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited December 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    is there anything that shouldn't be compromised on

    Genocide? "Okay, Hitler, you want to kill all the Jews and we want you to kill none of the Jews. Let's compromise and kill half the Jews."

    *grumble*

    should have just decimated them all

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. 5386-8443-8937Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    i uh

    kind of agree a bit ludious

    and i feel a little bit the same way about goblins

    How are goblins racist? Unless you think they're like the Jews of WoW.

    And anyone getting bent out of shape because trolls speak with a stereotypical Jamaican accent really needs to get some perspective.

    Styrofoam Sammich on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    syndalis wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    All we had to do was reform the filibuster so that you have to actually hold the floor hostage if you want to play that game. Read a phone book, talk about star wars... Whatever. But visibly be the party of time wasting assholes that you truly are.

    And force that vote through without the 60 votes using the nuclear option.

    And when republicans get back in power and use this against you to strip out all the legislation you put up, you'll see why its a lose lose situation. The system is broken yes, but its broken both ways.

    No, it isn't. The filibuster has NEVER. EVER. been used like it is being used right now. You should only use it on things of note, where massive ideological differences with significant outcomes are at stake. And it WILL return to that when you have to really do it and not just threaten it.

    Right of course I mean its not like it was just demonstrated how you can use it to absolutely destroy the other parties agenda...

    Preacher on
    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
  • LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's impossible explaining to a non-WoW player with no frame of reference even from the WC games that the Horde aren't the "bad guys"

    Ludious on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    I still don't understand why Goblins weren't a neutral class that could roll Alliance or Horde.

    There are all kinds of Goblins in the Alliance. Hell one of the leaders of SI7 is a Goblin.

    Because they wanted worgen to fit in somewhere.

    This isn't all goblins either, this is one cartel that encountered Thrall on his way to the Maelstrom and was nearly wiped out by an alliance flotilla.
    I think the Alliance navy's sole purpose is increasing Horde recruitment.

    And yea, as another example of racial heterogeneity most troll tribes aren't part of the Horde and there are even neutral ones.

    NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Gooey wrote: »

    I'm with you on this one Will, from the other direction. I don't like the extension of unemployment benefits all that much but I would much rather have my government do something instead of sit around and self-fellatate like the bunch of chucklefucks they are
    gooey you honestly think extending tax cuts to the rich when they already pay disproportionately less taxes than A) the rich in every other first world nation, and B) the rich in this nation ever have in the past outside of the Gilded Age, will help our economy and country enough to offset the tremendous swelling of the deficit this will entail?

    is that your honest position?

    yes exactly
    and the fact that this hasn't worked, ever, does not factor into your opinion

    of course not

    Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I don't hate Obama. But to me it seems like he has not just turned his back on his base. Something you would never see the Republicans do. Hell look at the antiabortion shit that gets on the ballot here every year to pull out that base. But he also is going against popular opinion. Going against the numbers that these tax cuts have not helped but in the end have hurt and so on.

    I know change is incremental. I fully understand we aren't going to become a utopia or hell even semi-sane over night. But some things seem like they should be obvious. Most of the population are willing to give up their tax breaks if it means the rich do as well.

    But in general I would like for certain steps to at least try to be taken even if in the end they are blocked by the Republicans because it gives you ammunition for the elections. I see it is that the Democrats as a whole just don't understand how to play the game. Sure they don't have the votes to get cloture. Well you know what, make the Republicans who have called the filibuster actually filibuster. Make them sit there and speak until they can't anymore to block the vote. Not just call or threaten the action making the Democrats back down.

    Obama I am disappointed for what seems like a deafness to the needs of the nation and the defeatism. I am furious he basically gives the Republicans what they want but doesn't go to his own party or bring them into the negotiations. I am angry at him not using his power to twist arms or to stand up for his promises. But really I don't hate him. But I am not happy.

    See this is where reality bites you in the ass, you are right but for the wrong party.

    True dat. It all comes down to how these defeats are framed. Is it because the Democrats are weak pussies, or is it because the Republicans are nay-saying assholes? In the current environment, my money's on the former being reported.

    What we need are some dicks.

    RMS Oceanic on
  • So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    All we had to do was reform the filibuster so that you have to actually hold the floor hostage if you want to play that game. Read a phone book, talk about star wars... Whatever. But visibly be the party of time wasting assholes that you truly are.

    And force that vote through without the 60 votes using the nuclear option.

    And when republicans get back in power and use this against you to strip out all the legislation you put up, you'll see why its a lose lose situation. The system is broken yes, but its broken both ways.

    No, it isn't. The filibuster has NEVER. EVER. been used like it is being used right now. You should only use it on things of note, where massive ideological differences with significant outcomes are at stake. And it WILL return to that when you have to really do it and not just threaten it.

    Right of course I mean its not like it was just demonstrated how you can use it to absolutely destroy the other parties agenda...
    If you never call someone on their threats how do you know if they'll ever really follow through?

    I think that is the issue some people are having with this.

    So It Goes on
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

    just like how its not all trolls on the horde, or not all dwarves on the alliance, or not even all worgen

    I wonder now if you did a racial breakdown of bad guys if one side has more representation then the other. Like in my mind I think more horde races are generic bad guys in the game (undead, orcs, now goblins) then allies, even with humans being a lot of default pirate bandits.

    gonna have to call this for the horde I believe

    unless you don't count all undead as "forsaken"

    Yeah even giving up undead, the models that look like the undead are still prevalent (more so now that live strat is now populated by undead guys). Trolls alone are an enemy repeatedly for both sides.

    Preacher on
    Shameless Link whoring updated Fridays starting 1/26/17
    http://exterminatorsassistant.blogspot.com/
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

    just like how its not all trolls on the horde, or not all dwarves on the alliance, or not even all worgen

    I wonder now if you did a racial breakdown of bad guys if one side has more representation then the other. Like in my mind I think more horde races are generic bad guys in the game (undead, orcs, now goblins) then allies, even with humans being a lot of default pirate bandits.
    Well I mean the big bad from the last expansion was human. IIRC very few if any scourge grunts looked like the Forsaken.

    Bama on
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »

    just like how its not all trolls on the horde, or not all dwarves on the alliance, or not even all worgen

    I wonder now if you did a racial breakdown of bad guys if one side has more representation then the other. Like in my mind I think more horde races are generic bad guys in the game (undead, orcs, now goblins) then allies, even with humans being a lot of default pirate bandits.

    gonna have to call this for the horde I believe

    unless you don't count all undead as "forsaken"

    I hate myself for knowing this

    technically, not all undead are forsaken

    Senjutsu on
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    i uh

    kind of agree a bit ludious

    and i feel a little bit the same way about goblins

    How are goblins racist? Unless you think they're like the Jews of WoW.

    And anyone getting bent out of shape because trolls speak with a stereotypical Jamaican accent really needs to get some perspective.

    on the other hand, the plotline of STV for everyone was basically "let's be colonialist dicks" sooooooooooo

    Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2010
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/555181


    Some one figure out how to save the entire world. I'm tired of playing through it.

    Going back to spend time with your fam day 3 keeps your wife alive until Jim kills them. Having the affair on day 4 doesn't change anything either. Working every day except for the second day doesn't seem to help, but I haven't tried doing anything other than watching the guy commit suicide.

    Sheep on
    QlBGc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.