As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

High profile - Eagerly Awaited - Sequels '07

13»

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Just checked out the new vids of God Of War that are floating around, and wow. Amazing that the PS2 is pulling that out still.

Kyougu on
  • NevaNeva Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Have to go with GTA 4. I would put my vote for FFXIII, but with buying a new computer and such soon among other things, I doubt I'll have the money for a PS3 for awhile.

Neva on
    SC2 Beta: Neva.ling

"Everyone who is capable of logical thought should be able to see why you shouldn't sell lifetime subscriptions to an MMO. Cell phone companies and drug dealers don't offer lifetime subscriptions either, guess why?" - Mugaaz
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Kyougu wrote:
    Just checked out the new vids of God Of War that are floating around, and wow. Amazing that the PS2 is pulling that out still.

They stole my idea somehow.

I always envisioned a new Kid Icarus game involving Pit fighting the Colossus of Rhodes. You know, flying all around it firing arrows at weak points and such.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to buy God of War 2.

Taramoor on
  • Elessar ElfstoneElessar Elfstone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I'd say Halo 3 is far in front, with Mario Galaxy in second.

Elessar Elfstone on
    Tobias: Or it could be your colon. I'd want to get in there and find some answers.

Forsake, Warlock of Stonemaul
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Captain K wrote:
    And to think, Smash Bros. was going to be omitted at first.
    It probably would have been for the best, actually. Obviously everyone is anxious to play SSBB; we already knew that. The poll would be telling us more if I'd gone with Deus' original options.
    I dunno, I didn't realize the demand for SSBB was this high before.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • obijkenobiobijkenobi Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Fire Emblem isn't on that list :(

obijkenobi on
  • AntibodiesAntibodies Used to live in a psychic city. Never knew what would happen in a day. Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I sort of have doubts that half of these games will even see release this year, they are just so big, either some get pushed to '08 it its going to be like Christmas 2004 again with the MURDERERS ROW of games, the 2 or 3 everyone buys that decimate everything else.

Halo2 and GTA:SA wiped MGS3 out of existence last time. I am worried it might happen again, but it might be a good thing if it means MGS4 has to be ported to the 360 just to make a few sales.

Smash Bros Brawl with likely be GOTY but I'm doubting its online play so my vote has to go to Halo 3 but only just barely. I'll be putting another 3000 hours into a Halo... :x

Antibodies on
    XBL: thetinwoodsman
  • Pork HocksPork Hocks regular
    edited February 2007
    I'd have to place my vote for the mighty threesome of Half Life 2:Episode 2/Portal/Team Fortress 2.

Or Enemy Territory: Quake Wars.

This thread is biased against the PC.

Pork Hocks on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    im planning on this being the first ssb that I really get into. I had both of the other ones but they were never my thing.

Butg I can't wait to make this one my thing.

Gotta vote for Galaxy though. Massive Mario fanboy. It's not necessarily the one I'm most excited for at any given point, but it's the one I feel most confident in saying will be kickass.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I voted brawl as well, but my 2nd choice is either SMGalaxy or RE5. But I won't have a system to play RE5 on anyway, so meh.

Icemopper on
  • LunkerLunker Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Variable wrote:
    im planning on this being the first ssb that I really get into. I had both of the other ones but they were never my thing.

Butg I can't wait to make this one my thing.

Gotta vote for Galaxy though. Massive Mario fanboy. It's not necessarily the one I'm most excited for at any given point, but it's the one I feel most confident in saying will be kickass.
    I've learned that Smash is entirely contingent on having people around you to play with. None of my friends are really into that fighting game/competitive kind of scene, so I've never really liked the game.

Even with the purported online that Brawl is going to have, I think I'll probably pass on it. But I'm in the vast, vast minority. :P

Lunker on
    Tweet my Face: @heyitslunker | Save money at CheapAssGamer (not an affiliate link)
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    What was the point of putting SSBB on this poll? Everyone knew it would shoot straight to number one, probably taking 1/2 the votes with it. Everytime there is a sliver of new news on the internet for this game, a thread gets started in here and explodes in joyous orgasm within minutes. We should just start over with a new poll: "What is your second/i] most eagerly awaited, high profile sequel (after SSBB)?"

Dirty on
  • saikocatsaikocat London, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I have a serious imaginary boner for RE5, but I'm not optimistic it'll be out this year, at the very end maybe, but I doubt it.

Bioshock sort of counts, I know it's a spirtual successor so not strictly a sequel, but... you know... Can't wait.

saikocat on
    Square Enix Europe Community Manager
    Nosgoth Community : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Forums
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    I'm the same boat as a lot of people. I would have voted for MGS4 but I can't see me owning a PS3 when the game comes out, so anticipating a game I can't play is pointles.

I voted Mario Galaxy.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    While I'm looking very forward to God of War II, Halo 3 and Metroid Prime 3 all very much, I'm really looking forward to Resident Evil 5 the most. I'd avoided the series in the past because of the controls, but after RE4, I'm clamoring for some more.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    I voted Super Mario Galaxy. It was a toss up between this and Brawl, but Mario won in the end. The reason is that I've always loved Mario games and I'm in a mood where I really wanna play a platformer. Besides, when has a Mario platformer ever been less than stellar?

SirUltimos on
  • 4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    SirUltimos wrote:
    I voted Super Mario Galaxy. It was a toss up between this and Brawl, but Mario won in the end. The reason is that I've always loved Mario games and I'm in a mood where I really wanna play a platformer. Besides, when has a Mario platformer ever been less than stellar?

Shine get!

4rch3nemy on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    4rch3nemy wrote:
    SirUltimos wrote:

Shine get!
    I thought Sunshine was awesome.

Couscous on
  • DarlanDarlan Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dagrabbit wrote:
    I picked Galaxy, but I'm actually most excited for the new Tomb Raider game. Legends was so much fun that I can't help but be excited about a remake of the first TR with the same engine.
    I'm really excited about that too...much as people like to say PORT PORT LOL there's just something about playing my favorite classics remade in such a fashion. I loved Mega Man Maverick Hunter X, Ultimate Ghosts and Ghouls, REmake, and I'll probably love TR:A. I can't wait!

Darlan on