As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Infernal: Killing monks with shurikens

bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
edited February 2007 in Games and Technology
infernal.gif

So I just tried the demo for this you can get it on Fileplanet here or Filefront
Description

„Infernal” tells the story of Ryan Lennox, a fallen angel now recruited by hell to fight ‘Etherlight’, heaven’s own secret agency. Etherlight has eliminated most of hell’s earthly agents and is planning its final blow against its archrival. Ryan, hunted by his opponents, is left to take them on single-handed, armed with a vast arsenal of weapons and supernatural powers. The captivating plot sends him from ancient monastery catacombs and secret mountain hideouts to sprawling harbour docks and oil refineries, before finally facing the ultimate showdown...

Ryan Lennox will need all his powers to find out what’s really behind Etherlight’s plans, while he unleashes hell with every single weapon in his hand!

Unique atmosphere, unbelievable graphics, great amount of possibilities combined with simple intuitive steering, and a hero never seen before – these constitute the essence of „Infernal”.

Features

* Stunning shooter action in a deep, gripping storyline
* Explore beautifully designed in- and outdoor environments
* Control a variety of guns and weapons as well as supernatural forces to increase their power
* Use teleportation and telekinesis, and interact with your surrounding to overcome obstacles and enemies
* Fight intelligent opponents that use the environment to their advantage
* Absorb the live energy of your enemies to heal and to replenish your mana
* Supports Ageia PhysX hardware

Ok with all that BS out of the way. So anyways it plays like your standard TPS with a simplistic cover system. And you get special abilites like teleportation and telekinesis and you get to kick all kinds of ass.

92622620060704screen006ca5.th.jpg

92622620060704screen008hu9.th.jpg

92622620060704screen016zt9.th.jpg

Anyone who likes 3rd person shooters should try this, I was pleasantly surprised.

bloodyroarxx on

• Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Huh. I noticed this game a while back, then it kind of slipped off the radar. Has an interesting premise. Hopefully it's good, the bar has been hella raised on third person shooters recently.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ConnConn Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is that guy in the second screenshot floating in the air?

Conn on
    XBL, PSN, and NNID: "ConnConnor" for all three.
  • Options
    BiggNifeBiggNife Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    When I saw this in CGW a while back, it looked exactly like RE4. Not just the over the shoulder camera, but even the graphics looked like they were running on the same engine.

Having said that, I loves me some RE4. I'll probably download the demo.

BiggNife on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Downloading now.
    Also, Filefront mirror

Lep on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Conn wrote:

I think hes either got a jetpack or the main dude is using telekinesis.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Masked_MulletMasked_Mullet Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    looks like a jet pack, look at the glowing stream.

Masked_Mullet on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Lep wrote:
    Downloading now.
    Also, Filefront mirror

added to the op

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Tasty ChaosTasty Chaos Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Conn wrote:

Invisible stepladder.

Tasty Chaos on
    For Sale: Lots of games
  • Options
    DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Conn wrote:

Invisible stepladder.

More like telekinetic abilities.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Options
    skaceskace Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Those screenshots are kinda goofy, but I'm downloading it anyways because I like what I've read about it.

skace on
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skacer | Shiren:5413-0147-4655
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Played the demo just now.

Not impressed.

Especially not by the fight music. Not only is it bad, even if you kill a guy from behind in like 1 second the music still starts and won't stop for 10 seconds!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is this Psi-Ops with a heaven or hell theme? I have to try this out.

This reminds me also to pick up Psi-Ops sometime.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is.. is that Keanu Reeves?

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    LepLep Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    God damn the voice overs in this demo suck.

Lep on
  • Options
    AiranAiran Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oooookay, so after 10 minutes of playing my PC decides to shut down. Like, minimize from the game, and logout and everything. It was working fine before this.

I'm so glad I've a new comp coming soon.

[edit] the game wasn't so bad though. Like a fast paced Resi4 but with a rather clunky and loose combat system. Meh.

Airan on
    paDudSig.jpg
  • Options
    Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Decent. I'd like to see a weapon upgrade system ala RE4, but it was overall a good demo.

Magus` on
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Awful, got halfway through the second map and quit immediately after dying. Sluggish controls, stupid stupid (STUPID) AI, first generation "I'm folding over inside myself and getting stuck inside doors" bad ragdoll. It's crappy games like this that make me scoff at Ageia, because it's always these games that support physics processors for stuff like making chairs and crates fall apart and the awful aforementioned ragdoll. Enemies also have magical prescience which makes the whole "sneaking" premise totally absurd. Voice acting and animation is awful (A lone enemy says in a totally flat voice "I got hit by a round.." in the middle of a fight. Graphics engine is "okay", the art direction is at least decent but this game suffers from maaajor overuse of bloom lighting and other cheap graphic effects.

Overall the same kind of crap game you expect to come from whatever eurotrash developer this game was obviously made in.

(After that sentence I looked the company up for fun. Metropolis games based in (surprise) Poland. Pushed out a half dozen 'bet you've never heard of them' PC games over the last decade, only two of which rated on Gamespot average out to around 5)

Don't waste your time here.

Scosglen on
  • Options
    Flesh Into GearFlesh Into Gear Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Scosglen wrote:
    Awful, got halfway through the second map and quit immediately after dying. Sluggish controls, stupid stupid (STUPID) AI, first generation "I'm folding over inside myself and getting stuck inside doors" bad ragdoll. It's crappy games like this that make me scoff at Ageia, because it's always these games that support physics processors for stuff like making chairs and crates fall apart and the awful aforementioned ragdoll. Enemies also have magical prescience which makes the whole "sneaking" premise totally absurd. Voice acting and animation is awful (A lone enemy says in a totally flat voice "I got hit by a round.." in the middle of a fight. Graphics engine is "okay", the art direction is at least decent but this game suffers from maaajor overuse of bloom lighting and other cheap graphic effects.

Overall the same kind of crap game you expect to come from whatever eurotrash developer this game was obviously made in.

(After that sentence I looked the company up for fun. Metropolis games based in (surprise) Poland. Pushed out a half dozen 'bet you've never heard of them' PC games over the last decade, only two of which rated on Gamespot average out to around 5)

Don't waste your time here.

I...I thought it was pretty decent.

Flesh Into Gear on
    katamarisig4ee3f299bd4.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Sounds interesting in the fact that you're fighting FOR Hell instead of against it.

Just as long as they don't pull that "guess what? We were the good guys all along" bullshit.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    Sunday_AssassinSunday_Assassin Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nocren wrote:
    Sounds interesting in the fact that you're fighting FOR Hell instead of against it.

Just as long as they don't pull that "guess what? We were the good guys all along" bullshit.

Sounds to me like that's exactly what it is. Heaven's forces have 'secret plans' after all.

And I can't remember the last game I played (or movie I saw) where angels really were good guys (Disgaea...Constantine?).

Sunday_Assassin on
  • Options
    FiatilFiatil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nocren wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting a huge feeling that's going to happen playing the demo. I mean, the monks are smoking, have power armor, shurikens, and guns. They seem mean.

Fiatil on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SilpheedSilpheed Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Nocren wrote:

Sounds to me like that's exactly what it is. Heaven's forces have 'secret plans' after all.

And I can't remember the last game I played (or movie I saw) where angels really were good guys (Disgaea...Constantine?).
    Maybe the game goes for the "Chaos" vs "Order" angle instead of the tired "Good" vs "Evil" schtick. It's not like team God didn't get their hands dirty before.

Silpheed on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    The game plays pretty decently. My only gripes from the demo is that the special power to throw enemies sucks the big one (it just completely sucks), the shooting feels a little weird, and enemies seem to act like slow firing reaperbots.

skace on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    I'll be perfectly honest, this is exactely the sort of storyline that gives me a total boner.

Are we talking sandbox gameplay here, or structured levels?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Structured FPS levels.

skace on
    steam_sig.png