Options

Generic Interactive Tabletop Simulator - Looking for coders!

• Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Utsanomiko wrote:
    blacktemplars01ta2.png
    Sharp101 wrote:
    updatetemplarswd9.png

Just wanted to see them side by side.

I like Utsanomiko's better.
    (Just for the record....on my monitor at home, Mine are one shade darker like and look just like Utsano's :P)

Now what will I do....

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Anime OwnsAnime Owns Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dark Eldar and Witch Hunters haven't been started yet.

I'm sure Sisters could be made from modded marines. And Dark Eldar have interesting vehicles to work on.

Plus there's templates that need to be made (I think?), maybe "maps" or terrain? Scatter die..

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    all the other dice still need to be made. All we have right now are d6es, but we still need d4, d8, d12, d20 and percentile, as well as scatter dice.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    heroclix3.jpg

GLs John, Hal, & Guy, Red Skull, Fire, Booster, Beetle, Hulk, & Juggernaut.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2007
    very nice, dex

hulk needs a little bit of shading, but they look fantastic

edit: I'm gunna do a couple dice, just for cool-down. I'll work on the Killa Kan tomorrow.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Baneblade.bmp

Before I get any farther in this, does this look in scale? I've just sketched out the basics to get everything on there.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Baneblade.bmp

Before I get any farther in this, does this look in scale? I've just sketched out the basics to get everything on there.

I'd say the scale's fine, but you're drawing it in a perspective that makes the direct-top-down russ look different, see what I mean?

Ein on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Baneblade.bmp

I'd say the scale's fine, but you're drawing it in a perspective that makes the direct-top-down russ look different, see what I mean?

Yea I see what's going on. Damn it. Well I'll fix it in the morning. Night all.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Dark Angels need a bunch more variants made, most notably are robed variants, of which I'm not confident in representing (all I can think of is adding hoods, and wouldn't know how to draw them well). But asides from that they could use some more HQ types filled out, the Ravenwing, a green Land Raider, Deathwing Tanks and Dreads, and maybe some Mortis Dreadnoughts as well.

I might as well call dibs on the recolored vehicles, but anyone else want to provide me with a robed DA or some different-armored characters I'd be obliged.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    Zetetic ElenchZetetic Elench Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    So I had a quick go at making different (8 of them, not all shown here) poses for the Firewarriors, made a new helmeted Shas'Ui (and two different poses for the unhelmeted ones, I'll post them at some other point too) and threw together a few different Gun Drones.

posetesthg7.png

Let me know what you think.

the drones are perfect

the tau themselves look pretty darn good, although the ones pointing sort of behind them seem to be a little harder to read. Very nice, though.

Ah, yeah. I was worried about them. They're pointing their guns up - I was using this picture as reference:

firewarriorsquadny6.gif

So the pointing up ones are based on the crouchy guy to the bottom-left.

Any advice? Or even poses you'd like to see before I move on to Kroot...?

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Elench, I'd just make it so their helmets are pointing forward and move on. They look fine, I think it is just the way their helmets look when angled that was bugging me.

Really, though, they look just fine. If I were you, I'd move on and sleep on it, then look at them with fresh eyes tomorrow or so.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    OctobotOctobot Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    here are the start of some lord of the rings units (uruk-hai pikeman and beserker) in 2x and regular sized (and i just realized that i saved it as a jpg so there are compression problems, but am too tired to change it at the moment).
    uruks.jpg

Octobot on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    neat!

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Octobot wrote:
    here are the start of some lord of the rings units (uruk-hai pikeman and beserker) in 2x and regular sized (and i just realized that i saved it as a jpg so there are compression problems, but am too tired to change it at the moment).
    uruks.jpg

Now that's cool.

Everything seems to look better in 2x. You can really see the detail.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Octobot wrote:
    uruks.jpg

Now that's cool.

Everything seems to look better in 2x. You can really see the detail.
    Also has that neat Ultima VII look.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    d6_1.pngd6_2.pngd6_3.pngd6_4.pngd6_5.pngd6_6.png

How's this?

My failings at a D20 here......

d201ad9.pngd202kb5.pngd203nc1.pngd204wc7.png

There's a reason I'm trying to stick to colouring... :P

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Kroot are really fucking hard.

Zetetic Elench on
    nemosig.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I also made an attempt at Kroot a little earlier tonight.... yeah... there's reason why I didn't post it :P

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Mongrel IdiotMongrel Idiot Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Emperor and Retribution battleships, next to an Overlord battlecruiser and a Dauntless light cruiser for scale.
    emperor.pngretribution.pngoverlord.pngdauntless.png

Mongrel Idiot on
  • Options
    TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    vespid_attack2.jpg

Not sure if its the sort of thing that could be useful, but Sebastion Stuart is Shas'el Tael from the Tau Online/ATT forums. Might be able to get him to let you use these if they're suitable.

Tastyfish on
  • Options
    SUPERSUGASUPERSUGA Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Call me crazy but I love the pixelated look. It's kind of like that minipops book where there's a certain charm to being able to pick out these familiar figures from a relatively undetailed image. Or maybe I'm just a huge nerd.

I'm looking forward to being able to try out experimental armies without spending hundred of pounds. I always wanted a huge IG army that was all-infantry and pretty much minimal equipment but the idea of buying and painting a dozen infantry squads didn't appeal to me so much. Likewise I'm looking forward to being able to play Kult of Speed and Saim-Hann armies. Keep it up!

SUPERSUGA on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2007
    Quick question re: space marines - It was mentioned earlier that normal plasma gun marines don't have the fancy backpack, only the cannon does. It this worth a retroactive edit to the sprites? It'd mean anyone who recolored them would probably have to do so as well.

Yes please, I think its important to reduce confusion between the PlasmaGun and the PlasmaCannon. And also reduce confusion between the different armies removing it on their own or leaving it in. If it is done soon, only a few people will have to change their sets.

Sharp101 wrote:
    Utsanomiko wrote:
    blacktemplars01ta2.png
    Sharp101 wrote:
    updatetemplarswd9.png

Like this, some people take it out and some people don't notice.

Edited for clarity.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, I didn't notice when I was doing that.

It's not a big deal though, we're going with Utsanomiko's anyway.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Emperor and Retribution battleships, next to an Overlord battlecruiser and a Dauntless light cruiser for scale.

:o
    Bitchin. Looks like the Imperial fleet is finished.

Looks like Chaos is next on the list, and then maybe Orks.

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Orks are getting close. I should be able to complete them by the end of the weekend.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Sharp101 wrote:
    Yeah, I didn't notice when I was doing that.

It's not a big deal though, we're going with Utsanomiko's anyway.

I believe I edited it (and the Sgt's missing gauntlets) in both my DA and BA colorations, so I can fix Jam's Ultramarines and let him add to that. I don't have a template that includes speeders, bikes and drop pods, though.

I can't recall any other Marine Chapters besides the ones I did (other than the BTs while we were sorting them out), so it shouldn't be a problem after that.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Gigglio wrote:

You get the basic shape of the things down and I'll start cranking out variants like there's no tomorrow.

We make a good team like that.
    bfg-1.jpg

Mongrel Idiot on
  • Options
    Darkblade_1Darkblade_1 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2007
    Hey rank, did you look into expanding the front barrel of the rokkit launcha's?

I.. I see that they havn't been changed..

Darkblade_1 on
    iveseenvivstits.gif
    You're drawn to my eccentric Brawl Code: 4596 9143 4529
  • Options
    edited February 2007

On the contrary, I think they have the opposite problem:

eavy_weapon_boyz.gif

A rokkit launcha is little more than a two-hand rod to aim the explosive.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Utsanomiko wrote:

On the contrary, I think they have the opposite problem:

eavy_weapon_boyz.gif

A rokkit launcha is little more than a two-hand rod to aim the explosive.

hmm... interesting.

I've not had the chance to modify the rokkit launchas at all, and don't have the models to reference, so I was going to do some research like Utsan did here. I like it, but it doesn't read easily as a "rocket launcher" sort of look, off the bat. I'll mull it over.

To be honest, I've been more concerned with coming up with the Killa Kan and the Big Gunz (launcha and ZZZap Guns) than I have the rocket launchers, so this is a good reminder.

Thanks.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Gigglio wrote:

You get the basic shape of the things down and I'll start cranking out variants like there's no tomorrow.

*snip*

Sounds good. I think there's a similar number of Chaos ships as there are Imperial ones, so it should take about the same amount of time.

I don't know if you saw, but I'm kind of leaving the Eldar fleet open to submissions, as of now I don't have any intent to work on them. So feel free to take a shot at it.

Anime Owns on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Okay, added:

1 Hive Tryant with Warp Field, Bonesword/Laswhip, Scything Talons, Wings.

1 Carnifex with Crushing Claws, Scything Talons, Adrenal Glands, Extended Carapace, Tusks and mace tail.

1 of each kind of spore mine

(From left to right) Frag, Toxin, Bio-Acid.

1 Biovore to shoot them.

fieldofTyranid2b-1.png

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    edited February 2007
    I've not had the chance to modify the rokkit launchas at all, and don't have the models to reference, so I was going to do some research like Utsan did here. I like it, but it doesn't read easily as a "rocket launcher" sort of look, off the bat. I'll mull it over.

To be honest, I've been more concerned with coming up with the Killa Kan and the Big Gunz (launcha and ZZZap Guns) than I have the rocket launchers, so this is a good reminder.

Thanks.

Well, I did include my take on the weapon with the Flash Gitz, which if nothing else uses a more-readable rocket. I think it's a good compromise in design.

I've got a couple ideas for Kommandos to work on tonight, such as knives for choppas, masks, and backpacks.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I expect a squiggoth model, Rank. :D

Trent - those Nids are looking pretty good, man. Very nice. I think the skin on some of the larger beasties could use a bit of shading towards the outsides, but that's just me.

Once I finish the bikes, I think there's really just some tank variations left before marines are done. Before I make a final, master copy I'll try and fix inconsistencies in the marines - aside from the plasma, is there anything else?

Ein on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Yeah, yeah, the squiggoth. I've been thinking a lot about that one, and frankly it scares the shit out of me. I'm sure I'll get to it soon enough, though.

As far as the Komandos go, go for it. I would love to do an alternate version based on the custom set someone did where they were hiding in, like, stacks of tires and cardboard boxes and stuff. The models were totally hilarious and very, very ork-y.

The orks that still need to be done are, to my knowledge:

Killa Kan
    Big Gunz
    Squiggoth
    Misc. squigs, for fun
    Boar Boyz
    Mad Dok
    Kommandos
    A couple more variants on the WarBoss
    Versions of the Trakks with the Flame Thrower and Rokkit Launcha
    Updated rocket launcha sprites
    Any Feral Orks/Freebootaz optional sets
    and a few I'm forgetting, I'm sure. I don't have my books with me at the moment.

Can anyone else think of anything I'm missing?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Gigglio wrote:
    Gigglio wrote:

*snip*

Sounds good. I think there's a similar number of Chaos ships as there are Imperial ones, so it should take about the same amount of time.

I don't know if you saw, but I'm kind of leaving the Eldar fleet open to submissions, as of now I don't have any intent to work on them. So feel free to take a shot at it.
    I might see what I can come up with, but somebody else would probably have to do the shading on 'em; I've got no eye for it.

Mongrel Idiot on
  • Options
    PataPata Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    You are all awesome people and I want to give you all pie.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    Squiggoth reference, rank:

squiggoth.png

I'd probably try it myself, but I want to finish marines up.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    I expect a squiggoth model, Rank. :D

Trent - those Nids are looking pretty good, man. Very nice. I think the skin on some of the larger beasties could use a bit of shading towards the outsides, but that's just me.

Once I finish the bikes, I think there's really just some tank variations left before marines are done. Before I make a final, master copy I'll try and fix inconsistencies in the marines - aside from the plasma, is there anything else?

Heavy weapon backpacks' vents, Sgt's gloves, need a Scout with pistol + CC weapon, and a Terminator Sgt, Land Speeders variants (Tornadoes have only one assault cannon).

I could handle doing it if you want. Just put up the master copy with the finished tanks and I'll add the finishing touches.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2007
    oh shit Jam that's fucking perfect.

Now, approximately, how large are we talking here in terms of pixels, wide and tall?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png